[Drama 2014] Beyond the Clouds / 태양은 가득히

SongMira

‘The Sun’ Son Ho Joon, ‘Seoul Dialect Is Still Confusing!’
un1fun3mxwoc4clmqxy7gxty5g2iu8gf.jpg
[by Chloe Yun] Actor Son Ho Joon revealed that he had a little language problem. 
On February 13 the press conference of KBS2’s new drama series ‘The Sun’ was held at Yeongdeungpo Times Square, Seoul.  
During the interview actor Song Ho Joon, who showed an excellent Jeolla-do dialect in his previous hit drama ‘Reply 1994,’ said, “People ask me to speak the dialect wherever I go, and probably that’s why I didn’t lose it. I’m still confused with Seoul dialect.”
When asked about his new drama, he answered, “Other cast members, director, and staff members are so nice to and helping me a lot. The atmosphere of the filming site is always harmonious and full of laughter.”
“My body gets tired, but I’m having a fun. I’m still practicing to become a better actor,” he continued, impressing the press and news media with his polite attitude. 
KBS2’s new drama series ‘The Sun’ depicts a story of a man (Yoon Gye Sang) who lost his father and everything in his life as he happened to get involved in a diamond burglary in Thailand. He passionately falls in love with a woman (Hang Ji Hye) who lost her fiancé from the same incident. 
The first episode of ‘The Sun’ is set to air on February 17 at 10:00PM (KST), as a follow-up series of ‘My Prime Minister and I.’ (photo by bntnews DB)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

‘The Sun’ Yoon Gye Sang, “This Will Be the Toughest Character I’ve Played”6ctpzrm0viii14p3gktdbsa6utxvcq49.jpg
[by Chloe Yun] Actor Yoon Gye Sang talked about his new character in KBS’s new drama series ‘The Sun’ at the press conference held on February 13 at Yeongdeungpo Times Square. Seoul. 
He said, “I've played many characters but this character ‘Jung Se Ro’ might be the toughest, strongest man I've ever played.”
“The cast and crew are so nice and helping me a lot. We expect a good result because the script is amazing,” he continued as showing off his killing smile. 
KBS2’s new drama series ‘The Sun’ depicts a story of a man (Yoon Gye Sang) who lost his father and everything in his life as he happened to get involved in a diamond burglary in Thailand. He passionately falls in love with a woman (Hang Ji Hye) who lost her fiancé from the same incident. 
The first episode of ‘The Sun’ is set to air on February 17 at 10:00PM (KST), as a follow-up series of ‘My Prime Minister and I.’ (photo by bntnews DB)

‘The Sun’ Han Ji Hye, “This Is A Very New, Different Character”
ji395aps93mcovxxgfdc5xxnkan42n1b.jpg
[by Chloe Yun] Actress Han Ji Hye talked about her new character in KBS’s new drama series ‘The Sun’ at the press conference held on February 13 at Yeongdeungpo Times Square. Seoul. 
During the interview, she introduced her new role ‘Han Yong Won’ as “a totally different character from those I’ve played.”
She said, “She (Han Yong Won) is the CEO of a jewelry company who shuts herself off from the world after losing her fiancé. She starts to love again as she meets a guy Jung Se Ro (Yoon Gye Sang).”

'Entertainment Weekly' Yoon Gye Sang says, "Han Ji Hye gives me a lot of advices"

20140215214700_52ff61c40db5d_1.jpg

Yoon Gye Sang told that Han Ji Hye gives him a lot of advices for acting.
On February 15th, Yoon Gye Sang, Han Ji Hye, and Cho Jin Woong, who are casting in new KBS 2TV drama 'Full Sun' together, appeared on KBS 2TV 'Entertainment Weekly' for an interview.
Yoon Gye Sang is casting in the drama as two different characters, and the reporter asked Yoon Gye Sang whether Han Ji Hye, who has an experience of playing two different characters at the same time, gives him any advices. However, Han Ji Hye said, "Yoon Gye Sang is doing an amazing job, so he doesn't need my advices as much."
However, Yoon Gye Sang said, "No, that's not true," and told that Han Ji Hye gives him a lot of help.
Then, Han Ji Hye made people laugh by saying, "Good comments like this always get cut."/Reporting by Kim Hye-in en@starnnews.com | original here

Guest missmaple

@12blbl sorry... i'm mistakenly give you off topic button.. i wanna click another button but... sorry.. :( let's watcg and discuss this drama together...

Guest nancykimlee

I just finished the first episode and it was fantastic! I was already looking forward to this drama based on the teasers and OST but I was sold with the opening scene. Everything about it was gorgeous and dramatic and set the tone for the rest of the ep.  
fullsun1_zpsba65dd03.jpg

sero_zpsdc34563a.jpg

I'm a sucker for great cinematography and soundtrack and this drama does it so beautifully and thoughtfully where the visuals and sounds draws you into their world and enhances the scene. It walks a fine line between dark yet hopeful without being cheesy (not yet at least) with it's metaphors and symbolism of gems, clouds and silver linings. 
And I like the characters and the set up. I like that Young Won is independent, ambitious and passionate about what she does and confident in the man that she loves but layered with vulnerability that makes her likeable. As for Se Ro, Yoon Kye Sang is always great and he plays this role with rawness and warmth. I loved the scene where he sits with his whistle with the flashback of his dad and it transitions into the interview. The different routes that leads to the mountain have never been truer words for him and this journey. Even though his journey will be filled with obstacles, I'm rooting for him and their happy ending. 
I can't wait to watch ep 2 and see how things will unfold but luckily

He didn't actually kill Woo Jin.[//Spoiler]

The new KBS 2TV drama "The Full Sun" started off with a low percentage.

photo403735.jpg

According to Nielsen Korea on the 18th, the first episode of "The Full Sun" rated 3.7%. The second episode rated 5.1% but still fell behind the SBS TV show "Healing Camp" which rated 10.6%.
Despite the low rating, Yoon Kye-sang and Han Ji-hye's performance and intensity of the drama anticipated a bounce in the percentage.
"The Full Sun" is about the relationship between a man and a woman who experience conflict due to a shooting incident surrounding a diamond.
Source Biz Herald corpCredit Hancinema

Guest ngthuhien149

For anyone who have not watched ep 2 yet, please skip. It contains lots of spoiler.
I think it is just pure romantic feeling/attraction that Sero has toward Young Won in the drama n this is what i prefer compared to Secret. In Secret it was more like weird attraction btw main leads that sometimes u wonder if he ever found her interesting if that tragedy did not happen.Obviously, even just for some brief minutes seeing her in the past, he already likes her, and the timing is just right that he develops sth special for her, but only in a romantic sense, not because he feels any hatred or pity. .... Ofcoz it is nowhere near love but basically she is someone he has some kind of feeling for and ofcoz he doesn't want to show her sth he himself feels ashamed of so feels reluctant to tell her his name at first. Then he knows she is the CEO of Belle Fair(I don't know at that moment he already knows she is the woman whose boyfriend got killed or not), that is when he becomes all angsty and he revealed his name to her ... I prefer this set up as it stays true to melo romance genre and it makes more sense to me in case they fall in love with each other later (which they sure will) now that is more convincing.

The cast for this drama is very good; veteran and strong actors.  The intricacy of the story reminds me of "Time Between Dog and Wolve". 

But, they've already had a stupid part in the drama.  And, that is believing him to have killed Woo Jin.  There is a vast difference between a bullet from a rifle and a bullet from a handgun.  Of course, I guess her Daddy Dearest has supposed to have 'arranged' everything.  But, still.  Is there no defense who could have figured this out?!

BTW, I guess she finally graduated to be a first-class jewelry designer from "I Summon You, Gold".   LOL  :))

Guest ngthuhien149

@nancykimlee sorry, i mean skip my post. i dun want to spoil it for ppl who have not watched. I should have put it in spoiler but I forgot how to put in spoiler here 

anyway
Sero was told thought the CEO/owner of Belle Fair was the one who made him into a murderer and indirectly caused his father"s death, so I was wrong earlier, even though he remembered the place he first met her, he came there to meet the CEO of Belle Fair. At first he did not know it was her as well, so he treated her as the girl whom he met years ago and he is Sero, but then he knew she was the CEO, and thought she was the one who framed him so he went at her in the last scene. But still, it does not change the set up of the drama, which was that he liked her initially without knowing anything, which I like. Because let's say he will fall in love wirh her later even when he hates her for framing him, it still makes sense coz he already has feeling for who she is originally.

yks92.jpg

class="post-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; line-height: 30px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-size: 20px !important;"Yoon Kye Sang admits he had second thoughts taking the drama project “The Full Sun”

KBS Drama The Full Sun lead actor Yoon Kye Sang admitted that he had considered a lot of thoughts before taking the project.

On February 13th, Yoon Kye Sang attended a press conference for the drama “The Full Sun” in Youngdeung-po Times Square. Yoon Kye Sang said, “I have filmed various movies and dramas lately and was worried that I won’t be able to film a new drama yet because of my body condition and wanted just a short break in acting so it took me long before taking the project.”

Yoon Kye Sang added, “Since Jo Jin Woong and I are in the same agency, he suggested trying and taking this project and so I did.”

The Full Sun premiered on the 17th of February.

cr : koreandrama

Guest hapha8714

opening title.

korean intros never fail to impress me. the way it's presented makes me want to study more into digital arts. ever inspiring!

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "The Full Sun" Episode 1photo403858.jpg

Yeong-won (played by Han Ji-hye) is a woman whose lifelong dream has been to attend an international jewlery convention and win the grand prize for best jewlery or something. Is there anybody who can relate to this? Granted, I'm a guy, and I'm not a big fan of diamonds considering where most of them come from. At the same time, though, "The Full Sun" does almost nothing insofar as explaining why an unengaged person (no pun intended) should care about a bunch of shiny rocks.
The focus, rather, is on explaining how the events in this drama conspired to cause a tragic unnecessary death. Of course, when the background for this is an international diamond convention...you know, that violent robberies would be involved is kind of a predictable outcome. Events like this necessitate elaborate security because this kind of jewelry is by definition so outrageously valuable that whoever's running these events is going to expect attempted thievery as a matter of course.
Not this particular jewelry convention, though. There is, as far as I can tell, exactly one security guard who actually cares about his job. No one else on the team can even be bothered to confirm whether a robbery took place. They're terribly lazy. Or maybe just incompetent. Either way I hope the patrons took out insurance on their overly valuable cargo. This place is practically begging for thieves to come along and steal everything.
The criminals aren't much better. Their plan only works because the security at this convention is so awful- and once their heist succeeds they continue doing other dumb incomprehensible stuff. You have the diamonds? Great, everybody go home and collect the cash later. Don't commit a kidnapping. Why do they commit a kidnapping? Because the script says they have to in order to set up the drama's principal dilemma. That a dumb preventable death is caused for no reason except to cause dramatic angst.
You may notice this review is only addressing the plot and not discussing the characters. That's because there's nothing to discuss. I have no idea why Yeong-won, or any other character for that matter, cares so much about diamonds. There's no real discussion of motivation, no exhibition of personality, not even the vaguest outline of general logic. All the focus is on the lead-up to this ridiculously contrived diamond heist that makes almost no sense. So far "The Full Sun" has done a better job educating me on the finer points of Thai architecture than anything remotely relevant to the actual storyline. So far this drama is just plain lousy. I can only hope writer Heo Seong-hye has something more intelligent to discuss now that the basic set-up is out of the way.
Review by William Schwartz
"The Full Sun" is directed by Bae Kyeong-soo, Kim Jeong-hyeon-I, written by Heo Seong-hye and features Yoon Kye-sang, Han Ji-hye and Jo Jin-woong.
credit Hancinema

Full Sun: Episode 1by gummimochi | February 18, 2014 | dramabeansfullsun_50a.jpg

Full Sun (alternatively known as Beyond the Clouds) premiered on KBS this week, setting itself apart as an intense melodrama from other dramaland offerings. It doesn’t, however, reinvent the wheel in the genre, giving us some happy(ish) beginnings for our characters to set the stage of the angst-ridden rollercoaster this show will likely become in the near future.

Even though the show’s double-header premiere day translated to rather dismal ratings (Episode 1 clocked in at a painful 3.7% while the next episode, which aired right after it, ticked up to 5.1%), the first hour was still narratively meaty without feeling too heavy. So let’s enjoy the happiness while it lasts because I’m sure we’ll be in for a world of pain for the next fifteen hours. That counts as a silver lining, right?

read the full recap:  http://www.dramabeans.com/2014/02/full-sun-episode-1/

class="post-title" style="text-align: center; margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; line-height: 30px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-size: 20px !important;"KBS Drama “The Full Sun” named as the “Well-made Melodrama”jay20140218101055_I_05_C_1_59_2014021810

Viewers were stunned on the first broadcast of the new KBS drama The Full Sun as it depicted the story of tragedy and romance along with the beautiful set and landscapes where the drama took place.

According to AGB Nielsen, the premiere of the new Monday-Tuesday KBS drama on the 17th of February, garnered 3.7% of ratings on its first viewership and 5.1% on the 2nd consecutive broadcast. The drama is expected to have gathered higher ratings in the next episodes since it receives great feedbacks and reviews regarding its unique story.

On its premiere, the drama began with a tragic story which took place in Thailand where Jung Se Ro (Yoon Kye Sang) got involved in a diamond theft and accidentally killed a man who happened to be Young Won’s (Han Ji Hye) fiancé. His father died during the incident and his life had been miserable as he spent his life in prison for 5 years. Jung Se Ro and Young Won’s romance will contribute to the drama’s most anticipating twist and melodramatic event.

The Full Sun airs every Monday and Tuesday at 10PM on KBS.

credit: koreandrama,com

class="post-title" style="text-align: center; margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; line-height: 30px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-size: 20px !important;"Yoon Kye Sang admits he had second thoughts taking the drama project “The Full Sun”
yks92.jpg

KBS Drama The Full Sun lead actor Yoon Kye Sang admitted that he had considered a lot of thoughts before taking the project.

On February 13th, Yoon Kye Sang attended a press conference for the drama “The Full Sun” in Youngdeung-po Times Square. Yoon Kye Sang said, “I have filmed various movies and dramas lately and was worried that I won’t be able to film a new drama yet because of my body condition and wanted just a short break in acting so it took me long before taking the project.”

Yoon Kye Sang added, “Since Jo Jin Woong and I are in the same agency, he suggested trying and taking this project and so I did.”

The Full Sun premiered on the 17th of February.

credit: koreandrama.com

Archived