[Drama 2014] Beyond the Clouds / 태양은 가득히

SongMira

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ismalindaishak

Ooohh...i'm so happy today!!Suddenly everything seems so beautiful!!Thank u writernim u made my day!What a beautiful drama & ending! :D

An article about the drama's ratings (@emily71 could you also include this article on your to translate list, do it only if you have the time ok:) ) 
20140409_1396979901_27143500_1_59_20140409093608.jpg
http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&oid=213&aid=0000467525&sid1=001&spi_ref=pc_news_twitter

“The Full Sun”, Love saves the world nzvfhc.jpg
  Love cured the past.
On the final episode of the KBS 2TV drama “The Full Sun”, Jeong Se-ro (Yoon Kye-sang) left behind the past and reunited with Han Yeong-won (Han Ji-hye) who saved him from killing himself.
Han Tae-oh’s (Kim Yeong-cheol) corruption was told all over the world and he was arrested for investigation. Se-ro went to the hospital to be treated for the head injury that he received in a car accident and was told he needed surgery immediately. He surrendered himself to the police to relieve himself of his dark past and false charges. Several years later, he held Park Kang-jae’s (Jo Jin-woong) deceased son in his arms. There was a call in Jane’s flower shop. Han Yeong-won who had started a new life in a jewelry shop after clearing up her father Han Tae-oh’s mess, had made that call.
Se-ro reunited with Yeong-won by giving her flowers. In the ordinary days in which he was a regular person, he had met Yeong-won by coincidence in the Bella Fair shop. They returned to being a regular man and woman and hinted the start to happiness. Love was stronger than tragedy. The two never forgot each other; they overcame the darkness.
Source : tvdaily.asiae.co.kr/r…
Credit okpop.com http://www.ohkpop.com/153531/the-full-sun-love-saves-the-world

“The Full Sun” Episode 16 Final (Review of the final episode by Mr. William Schwartz)
bpmiry.jpg
Why does Se-ro hate himself? We’ve seen evidence of the fact that he hates himself throughout the entire run of “The Full Sun”, but he’s been so wrapped up in Yeong-won’s problems that Se-ro has never really stopped to question his motivation. In the opener to this episode, Yeong-won finally forces him to engage on this point. And it really is the one essential moment that the drama has been building up to.
Se-ro has constantly felt guilty and frustrated. The problem is he’s never had anybody to talk to about these feelings, because everyone he’s emotionally close to has been directly promoting the behavior that’s been making him so miserable. And that’s what changed with Yeong-won. The interplay and chemistry between Yoon Kye-sang and Han Ji-hye has always been the high point of “The Full Sun”, and it’s impressive how they’re able to sell the romance of this story in such depressing circumstances. Even in the darkest hour Yeong-won is reassuring. She’s able to help Se-ro hate himself that much less, and it makes all the difference.
Meanwhile the villains just…give up really. There’s a lot of focus here on Kang-jae. His character has always been difficult to sympathize with, mostly because the man’s a giant work. Still, his final scene does have a fairly good amount of resonance, although the epilogue is rather strange. As far as I can remember the subplot with Jae-in had barely any exposure at all, and now it’s a significant part of the full ending?
Really, the ending leaves a lot to be desired in the logic department. There’s something so horribly clean about it. Of course, “The Full Sun” has always been much better with emotions than storyline mechanics. The drama has set up a scheme, and the characters resolve that scheme, somehow. The point has never been about making the scheme convincing or sensible, but creating a situationwhere they have to choose between material gain and friendship.
Maybe it is cheating a little bit that an alternate way of both material gain and friendship is presented. On the flip side Tae-oh and Kang-jae never had any particularly good reason for acting the way they did. It was just how business was conducted, which might be why their ultimate decisions comes off as so unsatisfying. If their motivation was dumb to begin with, it’s difficult to get truly mad about having grasped failure. That’s ultimately what “The Full Sun” leaves us with- a dreamlike ending where the impossible dream was realized. And it’s impossible in that we see what the characters really wanted was actually quite modest.
Review by William Schwartz
“The Full Sun” is directed by Bae Kyeong-soo, Kim Jeong-hyeon-I, written by Heo Seong-hye and features Yoon Kye-sang, Han Ji-hye and Jo Jin-woong.

Guest amyR055

It's the truth that Gang Jae is a very puzzling character - I don't know whether to hate him or sympathize with him in the last episode because up to the last minute he did send Sero to that place - the riverside  to be sacrificial lamb. It is just happened at the right moment before Sero took the cab to go there Hong called about what YW did  - the full article about her father misdeeds and Sero decided to go see YW's back ( not YW) instead of going to the riverside.

So Gang Jae still undecided until the last minute. If YW didn't release the article maybe Sero is the one that died at the riverside instead of Gang Jae or gang Jae came to rescue him.

emily71

said: @rome_jyap

Thanks for the link. I'll post the full translation later .

But before that I really love the first line or title of the article

제2의 '비밀'은 없었다.

The second 'Secret (drama)' - absolutely NO.

- so people can stop comparing Full Sun/Beyond the clouds to Secret and please casts aside the prejudice and watch this drama. You won't regret it at all.

Article later -

:)

>-

1st part - the article is about this drama like a mini review for latest 2 episode mainly the final.

Second 'Secret' absolutely not.

8 April KBS2 drama The Full Sun ( Heo Seong Hye, baek Yeong Su, Gim Jeong Hyun) has  ended.

At the snowy scenery, Sero and Yeong Won acknowledged the love  between them.

The story  from early to the end centered around the unique love between Sero and Yeong Won that paid off after being persistence.

From the previous episode, looking at the condition of Sero has increased the anxiety for the possibility of problems with dangerous aftereffects from the accident before.

Sero and Yeong  Won agreed to separate even though they love each other. Sero push Yeong Won away but as expected Yeong Won understood the reasons for his action.

Yeong Won met with policeman to reveal about what happened in Thailand and tried to clear Sero record from the murder charges after being framed unjustly.

*later will add more - the article quite long for the beginner like me LOL

Guest amyR055

@rome_jyap

Agreed with you. He is spot on about that.
"The interplay and chemistry between Yoon Kye-sang and Han Ji-hye has always been the high point of “The Full Sun”, and it’s impressive how they’re able to sell the romance of this story in such depressing circumstances."
Their love story is very unique and the love between them are surreal but believable. Even the article talked about the whole drama is actually focusing on the the love story between them from the start to the end. That is why about others - diamond heist, Belle le Fair are just a subplot not the main plot.

I like the fact that Eun Su didn't mince his words when he is angry or irritated with YW.   Eventhough he is scamming YW but at the same time he is feeling irritated because YW easily accepted whatever happenned to her.  His plans to bring her down went too smooth making him uncomfortable. He thought YW is this clueless woman/CEO but actually YW is aware about what happening around her . It is just that she doesn't feel like fighting and exposing the 'real' people around her.

Here's some of the reviews of the previous episodes written by Mr. William Schwartz.  Got curious so I tried googling his name trying to find out who he is and where he is from.  The only thing I got is that he is from Boston, Massachusetts.  

"The Full Sun" Episode 1

quot-The-Full-Sun-quot-Episode-1_zpsb2b7

Yeong-won (played byHan Ji-hye) is a woman whose lifelong dream has been to attend an international jewlery convention and win the grand prize for best jewlery or something. Is there anybody who can relate to this? Granted, I'm a guy, and I'm not a big fan of diamonds considering where most of them come from. At the same time, though,"The Full Sun"does almost nothing insofar as explaining why an unengaged person (no pun intended) should care about a bunch of shiny rocks.

The focus, rather, is on explaining how the events in this drama conspired to cause a tragic unnecessary death. Of course, when the background for this is an international diamond convention...you know, that violent robberies would be involved is kind of a predictable outcome. Events like this necessitate elaborate security because this kind of jewelry is by definition so outrageously valuable that whoever's running these events is going to expect attempted thievery as a matter of course.

Not this particular jewelry convention, though. There is, as far as I can tell, exactly one security guard who actually cares about his job. No one else on the team can even be bothered to confirm whether a robbery took place. They're terribly lazy. Or maybe just incompetent. Either way I hope the patrons took out insurance on their overly valuable cargo. This place is practically begging for thieves to come along and steal everything.

The criminals aren't much better. Their plan only works because the security at this convention is so awful- and once their heist succeeds they continue doing other dumb incomprehensible stuff. You have the diamonds? Great, everybody go home and collect the cash later. Don't commit a kidnapping. Why do they commit a kidnapping? Because the script says they have to in order to set up the drama's principal dilemma. That a dumb preventable death is caused for no reason except to cause dramatic angst.

You may notice this review is only addressing the plot and not discussing the characters. That's because there's nothing to discuss. I have no idea why Yeong-won, or any other character for that matter, cares so much about diamonds. There's no real discussion of motivation, no exhibition of personality, not even the vaguest outline of general logic. All the focus is on the lead-up to this ridiculously contrived diamond heist that makes almost no sense. So far"The Full Sun"has done a better job educating me on the finer points of Thai architecture than anything remotely relevant to the actual storyline. So far this drama is just plain lousy. I can only hope writerHeo Seong-hyehas something more intelligent to discuss now that the basic set-up is out of the way.

Source http://mnetamerica.net/article/quot-The-Full-Sun-quot-Episode-1/

"The Full Sun" Episode 2

quot-The-Full-Sun-quot-Episode-2_zps2417

Se-ro (played byYoon Kye-sang) finds himself in an awkward position. The guy just wants to have another talk with his dad Do-joon (played byLee Dae-yeon), but ends up finding some guy clearly being held prisoner against his will for reasons not particularly clear. The frustration in this moment is palpable. Se-ro is angry on multiple levels- mostly just for the clear slight against himself, finding that his father is engaged in unnecessary criminal enterprises.

And then there's the gunshot. Once more it's not at all clear what's going on with the storyline here. Kidnapping a random security guard was dumb enough on its own- what possible point could there be to killing the guy too? Well, actually, I can think of one possible plot twist that could explain all this. It's a pretty dumb one though so I'm just going to hope"The Full Sun"isn't going to go down that path.

This episode gets into much more interesting territory elsewhere by dealing with the simpler emotions of grief and anger. Yeong-won is thrown into a huge mess by the shooting, and it's easy to feel sorry for her. For everyone involved really. However absurd the first episode may have been the basic inexplicable results hereare very easy to relate to. Neither Se-ro nor Yeong-won has any idea what's going on, and even if they did the greater problems of the situation would hardly evaporate.

So this is where the drama is right now. Se-ro knows that he's been used as a patsy, but however infuriated he gets on the emotional level, the man just can't bring himself to sell out his family and plays along with their scheme. It's a bad choice really- the situation's not going to get any better. Although admittedly the main reason we know that is because of the drama's tone. Se-ro might yet harbor some fantasies of the situation eventually getting better, and it's hard to blame him for wanting that. Even bad attention feels better than none to the truly desperate.

How all of this is going to spin into a doomed romance is still unclear. We finally get to a meeting between our two leads in the present day, and there's almost no chemistry whatsoever. At this point in the drama such a set-up is most likely deliberate. Given what we've seen of Se-ro so far it's rather difficult to posit him as being an attractive desirable man. At any rate the story appears to have stopped being explicitly dumb for the moment, so"The Full Sun"is at least watchable enough to wait and see what's going to happen next.

Source http://mnetamerica.net/article/quot-The-Full-Sun-quot-Episode-2/#.U0TYlvmSySo

"The Full Sun" Episode 3

photo406698.jpg

Apparently this drama is still setting up the premise and storyline. For some reason I assumed that Se-ro already knew all the same basic background information of the plot that we did. But no, it pretty much takes him the whole episode to get all that information straightened out in his head. Which puts a bit of an odd spin on the man's actions up until that point. Particularly in regards to Yeong-won.

Basically, Se-ro is being the cool aloof type, the kind that gets plastered all over bad romance novels. What I can't figure out is whether he's trying to be cool and seductive or if he's just trying to be a jerk to throw Yeong-won off the trail and make her suspicious or something. Trying to make sense of this in context of the latest family scheme is no help. I'm already pretty sure that whatever The Scam is it's not going to make any more sense than the first one did.

So right now the actual content of this drama is still kind of, well, just barely passable I suppose. How about the production end of things? Everything's really bright. I mean, literally speaking, there's lots of very clear, clean shots and for the most part the sun is used to provide the light. At one point there's a shot so incredibly bright it made my eyes squint. It was like looking at the sun, except on a screen.

The shots tend to be wide too, and there's lots of information in there. I'm just not sure what most of it is supposed to mean yet. Obviously, Se-ro is feeling terribly guilty. Meanwhile Tae-oh comes off as oddly vaguely sinister. And there's lot of discussion of diamonds but we're never actually looking at them. All this information feels like it's supposed to be relevant somehow, however, these facts have been in evidence from the first episode so none of this really feels new.

Still, "The Full Sun" is pretty enough to look at, and since the drama doesn't spend a lot of time obsessing over mechanics, it can be good for some nice casual watching. The sense of impending doom, the cinematography, and the quality of the music reminds me of "Shark". Not as good as "Shark", but given that "The Full Sun" seems to have an actual ending that it's building up to, I think the advantages more or less break even on that point.

Source http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-the-full-sun-episode-3-66375.html

"The Full Sun" Episode 4

quot-The-Full-Sun-quot-Episode-4.jpg

Let's consider Yeong-won's character for a moment. In the first episode she was fairly bright and optimistic about life. The woman was dead-set on the whole marriage issue and was willing to persevere in the most difficult circumstances to get what she wanted. Even though Yeong-won's trade of choice is quite literally diamonds, her life is surprisingly lacking in cutthroat tendencies.

Well, was anyway. Yeong-won in the present day is a wholly different character. She snaps at people, and is all around generally hostile. There are some moments of tenderness to be sure, but to a large extent Yeong-won is herself heavily tenderized by the loss of her fiance, to the point that lashing out is a fairly reasonable response from her perspective. It's also the correct move, given that us viewers know she's being targeted in a scam.

Speaking of the scam...and all the other story stuff really...I honestly don't have much idea what's going on."The Full Sun"is a complicated drama, but right now the complications all just feel kind of pointless. When shocking revelations come out my first reaction isn't really surprise and shock so much as it is just, wait, what? The surprise elements of the drama feel like they're being tossed together at random. I'm not really sure what we're supposed to be getting out of them.

But worse than that,"The Full Sun"is fairly boring to boot. How does a drama about jewel thieves and murder get boring? Well, tossing in a subplot about rich people family politics is a good way to go about it. Does anybody remember the political details behind the marriages in"Shark"? No, of course not, because no one watching a drama that uses action and suspense as a selling point wants to hear a lecture about how and why rich people get married. At least not unless it's relevant somehow- which in the first episode, it was.

"The Full Sun"is a drama right now that desperately just needs something to happen. I don't even care what at this point. There are decent actors involved here but unless there's some kind of physical or emotional event going on it's hard to tell the difference. Characters can only be interesting to the extent they can be empathized with, and right now, it's difficult to emphasize with people who keep hesitating for no reason and discussing topics no one actually cares about.

Source http://mnetamerica.net/article/quot-The-Full-Sun-quot-Episode-4/#.U0TeM_mSySo

"The Full Sun" Episode 5

quot-The-Full-Sun-quot-Episode-1_zpsb2b7

We finally get a good grasp on what the greater con artist plan is. And it's a pretty dumb plan, as expected. However, it's not dumb in the metatextual sense, in that it requires all the characters to be idiots. It's a perfectly workable plan that will probably achieve the con artists' goals in the short term. The problem is that in the long term the plan will almost certainly result in all of them being viciously murdered. Stealing diamonds is one thing, but messing around with loved ones?

I actually like this bit about the con artists. They're not evil, exactly, and it's easy to see why Se-ro keeps looking to them for emotional validation even after all the giant messes they've stirre dup in his life. What they are is a pack of big stupid jerks. Sure, these people think they're clever, no doubt giving themselves a pat on the back for outsmarting the wealthy. But they're overestimating themselves, and sooner or later they're going to fall down hard.

This is the first time"The Full Sun"has actually managed to deliver on the sense of impending dread the first scene of the first episode implied. I can see how Se-ro went from this to standing in a field ready to kill himself, even when the romantic storyline isn't taken into account. Se-ro's in deep enough with this people that there really isn't any way out. Whatever happens next, nobody's giving him an official pardon or anything. His fate is practically sealed there's nothing to be done about it, and Se-ro knows it.

Let's take another look at that loveline for a minute. Is it ever actually going to start? It's kind of weird that five episodes in, Se-ro and Yeong-won are still treating each other with vaguely awkward hostility. The scene with the coat is a great exemplar of this- it's a moment that's supposed to be romantic, normally, but it's painfully obvious that neither Se-ro or Yeong-won actually care about that stuff right now to a meaningful degree.

The drama's doing all right in terms of general quality for the moment, but I'm worried that we're going to get sucked into an unconvincing romantic plot just because. Right now I like Se-ro as the anguished guy who's fallen into the wrong crowd and get up, and Yeong-won as the paranoid hostile woman who lost her fiance for reasons unknown. Neither of these traits are particularly condusive to romance. I suppose we'll find out though.

Source http://www.askactor.com/article/quot-The-Full-Sun-quot-Episode-5/

Guest ismalindaishak

k.. now it's over.so please tell me what are the good dramas like this.

I guess i will rewatched this drama again & again...i just loved it so much...Yup!I agreed Se Ro & Young love stories is the reason i kept watching this BTC!!The plot is nothing much but i don't know why?!But their love made me love this drama more & more...Nowadays it very hard to see this kind of love story...I guess i'm very lucky to watched this drama..kinda late..i started from ep 4..but fallen in love with it..I just can't let it go yet...maybe i will start watching Doctor Stranger after this...looks promising to me....

Guest ismalindaishak

Ooohh...i'm so happy today!!Suddenly everything seems so beautiful!!Thank u writernim u made my day!What a beautiful drama & ending! :D

Hahaha when I read this I remembered I was smiling like a fool early in the morning when I watched YW happy face peeking behind the white roses and Sero nerdy face. Yw smile really brighten the day. I can feel she is actually smiling for real not acting. I'm glad that I chose to watch this drama and have a new found respect for Yoon Kye sang and Han ji Hye - they both are perfect for these roles and not forgetting the writer Heo  Sung Hye.

Yup!Han Ji Hye is one of fav k-actress now..Loved her smiles...As for for YKS..who would not loved him as Se Ro!!Badja?!

I am over the moon about the HAPPY ENDING for our Whistle Couple. Yes, they really deserve the best ending ever after all their suffering. <:-P <:-P <:-P

The drama has almost everything to offer, excellent acting all round, good storyline, awesome OSTs and best of all beautiful cinematography! Some of these filming sites will become tourist sights in no time. I myself will check out these sites on my coming Korean trip.

BTC is YKS's first KBS drama and I hope they wont let its rating deter them from offering him another drama. So far, they've done a "Star Date" with him on Entertainment Weekly and he IS VERY POPULAR in Korea still. He was also featured in a KBS documentary featuring the gastromical delights and historical sites of Gyeongju which I watched when I was in Seoul recently in January.

BTC will be my 2nd favourite drama of him as his WHO ARE YOU will always be number 1 to me. In fact WAY is my top 3 favourite Korean drama of all time! :x

Guest eeldeerlove

I just finished watching episode 16 with english sub.. I'm still like on a dream-state of mind. It's so beautiful..
:x

Special thanks to @rome_jyap @emily71 @eva23 @fairy1996 @etchan and to all sunners that I forgot to mention, hugs to you all!
I will rewatch the whole drama series this weekend. :)

Guest anhay59

This drama is daebak! Compared to Inspiring Generation, I will watch this drama over and over again. Except for the fighting scenes in Inspiring Generation, the rests are bland. I also don't like the 2nd female lead star or the "so called sister" of the male lead.

Congratulations.. the ship has sailed for good!

1,5 hour would have been a bit better though.. some things were a bit rushed. Kang-jae died ten minutes before closure. LOL. It made me feel anxious because they were seriously running out of time. You know.. clock is ticking but I'm still thirsty for some warm YW-SR moments. Jeez, kudos to writer-nim for being able to wrap this up decently within what ... 5 minutes.. ?!

The cherry blossom ending reminded me of TWTWB ending. So beautiful.. Se-ro's megawatt smile aww.

Archived