Soompi Forums Holiday Present Hunt! (Yes, we're back!)

melkimx

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lordbordem

For people that are just starting this.
Best thing to do is give melkimx the link to the comment instead. She keeps a record of the which comments she modifies to add in the present so giving her the link to the actual comment is the easiest way to check for her
Here is an image set that shows where you can get the link for individual comments. (The little chain icon next to the posting time). Click on that and copy the URL it gives you. (Excuse the horrible handwriting, it's hard to write with a mouse :(|) )
fNEoFIi.jpg

onMr6SM.jpg
 Also don't forget, only send in all the links/screenshots/descriptions etc AFTER you have found all 4 presents in each round.

Guest Farah Habib

I'm a bit confused? Like what are we supposed to find....is it sth like an actual present like the box thing, or is it a comment talking about answer?

Guest madbrows

@Farah Habib Go through whatever thread you think it is and look through the posts (not just the first page, you won't find it there) until you come across a post that has a picture of the soompi present box like the first post in this thread. You'll know it when you see it, it's hard to miss. Give it some time and I bet you'll find it. I hope I didn't say too much!

Guest lordbordem

When you find the right thread and the right post you'll see one of these things in that post

a8HBefC.jpg
Kind of like this but it can be any shape,size or color. It's pretty hard to miss 

You can do anything -- link the image or URL, take a screenshot, tell me what it looks like or where you found it. I do like the entries where people told me how they figured it out. It absolutely does not increase your probability of winning, since I use a random number generator to select the winners, but knowing people's thought processes is fun and allows me to tweak my hints for future rounds.
Glad to see a lot of people got the Christmas day clue! Here's your next one:

For their fans, today's date is major reason for celebration.present-hunt-12-26.jpg

Guest lordbordem

Today as in American today or Other Place today? Because some places in some places it would be 27th and others would be 26th~
edit:Ah eff it~ I'll just brute force both dates  8->
edit2: never mind never mind, I should actually read the first post before asking that question  8->

Guest josemorato13

T-T This is so hard, I found the first one but the second one is totally throwing me off...

Like, I feel like I know EXACTLY where to look but I always end up being mistakened.

Guest diegomarcel

Oh~ I know what I'm searching but I don't know if I trully understood how to search. Can someone help me with that, peulease~
EDIT: I finally found it.

Guest kpopluva25

I'm super confused. So i think I know the first one but when I went to the forum i didn't see any present. Where is the present suppose to be because there are so many pages

I seem to be getting more PM communication about hints this year! Whether you have questions or comments, please put them in the thread. And please do not PM people asking for the answer. That will get you disqualified. 
If it's a relatively short thread (~six pages or so), I might just put it anywhere. If it's a longer thread, I would either put it in the first few pages, or if not, I would give you a clue about the exact page number or date you should be looking for. And not all clues are related to Korean entertainment. It does help to have a working knowledge of K-Pop or K-Dramas, but you should be able to figure out anything by using Google, Wikipedia, or maybe browsing the day's events on Soompi news. 
I don't usually do this, but I'll give a kind of hint for the second clue. You can see it as two parts. The first part was exactly a decade ago. The second was about five years ago.

12/27: Well, it was a long time ago. It was tall and painted blue and I kept the same one, and the same code, for all four years. Didn't have to share since we each got our own.

Archived