[Drama 2014] Emergency Man and Woman / Emergency Couple 응급남녀 (JH + JH's interview on p627)

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Yeekrfan2   Oop! Sorry!   I'm sorry to see how you interpreted about the ex-father-in law  because his medical accident was  with JinHee's father. This fact was in the first character description  which was deleted  from the second.  I have  no idea why this fact  was known  to us in the first place.  To me  it should be like some surprise revelation  that happened  later in the story line.  I don't know  how important  this fact is going  to be in the drama.  Maybe it could be irrelevant.  I don't think we will see  much of this father character.  They haven't picked  an actor for this character.  In the story, he lives in the country alone.    So now you know  the mystery twist.   hahah   Dont get too much hung up on characters' details.  It is rom-com.   I have a feeling  that this production team  is running around  with their hair on fire  and a lot pressure to make it big.    Next week  the drama is going to start  yet they are still filling in cast.  Most of the time  a production team  has a lot of time to prepare  for a new drama  but  for this one, you remember  that CJH didn't finish  the last one until very late.  I read somewhere  that this team might have to work  on two episodes per week  before the opening day.    Hula time for them!! 
    thank you for cute OH!!

This is from 'AllKoreanDrama.com'. It has a good brief description about some characters. Besides we read much about them from different sources.

emergency couple korean drama

m3
Gook Chun Soo

Harsh and cold chief in the Emergency Service Section.

He’s full of principle and lack of flexibility in the workplace.
He was the law and truth in the Emergency Room. His nickname is ‘Intern Killer’ ‘Satan’. He never allows any allowances for his interns.

m4
Shim Jihye

A calm elegant medical professor.

She is a smart capable doctor. Though she looks cold, she has a fragile heart.
She studied together with Gook Chunsoo during medical college and they loved
each other. But, they could not marry.
Long time passed and now they are meeting again in the Emergency Service Station as the team member.

m5
Han Ah Reum

Free soul intern.

She is a luxurious-looking brilliant sexy intern who studied in America.

She makes Emergency Service Section bright while she acts like bomb. (=dangerous people whom other members cannot expect her next action). She is not a typical usual type of doctor. She can show her charms fully. It is her advantage as well as disadvantage.

source:http://allkoreandrama.com/emergency-couple/#more-13144

ERMW: medical team

임용규 (남 27, 인턴). Im Yong Kyu ( intern)
He is a stylish intern who likes to listen to music and loves hip-hop fashion.
He is a mood maker ER  with lively personality.  Love?   If hit by love, then go with it!   Doctor?  Look cool!   He is romantic who falls for beauty at the first glance.  When his love arrow hits Jin Hee   his life becomes chaotic.  He chose to be a doctor  because  the profession was  preferred by the girls and it seemed cool at the time.  Then he begins to question seriously  whether it is the right one for him.

박상혁 (남 27, 인턴) 인턴 동기인 이영애와 신혼부부.    Park Sang Hyuk: newly weds with Lee Young Ae  intern
Park Sang Hyuk The people look at his physical appearance and say ‘The man among men’. He looks big and dependable and has a husky and resonant voice but in front of his wife his voice becomes slight and he acts with overflowing charm. Even though the work of a doctor is important, he wants to be a dependable head of household and likes children and his love for his wife is everything to him.

이영애 (여 26, 인턴) 인턴 동기인 박상혁의 아내. Lee Young Ae:  wife of Park Sang Hyuk  intern
She is charming and cute but if the work becomes too much, she acts out on her husband Sang Hyuk . Among colleagues she is rather slow to understand the situation. Because Jin Hee is older and she might cause the team to lose points, she doesn’t like Jin Hee at the beginning. However she becomes close to Jin Hee as she is better experienced in life and more helpful on their marriage problem which is headed into divorce during the early stage.

고중훈 (남 50대 후반, 응급의학과 과장)   Go Jung Hun   the section chief of the emergency medicine division
 HE is the ER chief  but he lets Gook Cheon Soo  do most of the work.  He is more interested in the academic papers  and is more devoted  to teaching at the medical school. He is senior to Gook Chun Soo whose ability he trusts  and lets him run the ER.  He has long experience  as a doctor of medicine in clinical areas  and knows a broad area of specialties.  He is trusted  by the director of the hospital  but he faces many problems  from the ER and its budget.

안영필 (남 38, 외과 전문의)  An Young Pil   expert surgeon
He guards against Gook Chun Soo who is better skilled.  He doesn’t  like Jin Hee  and doesn’t treat  her like  an intern  because she is older and  to him less educated.   Actually nobody seems favorable to him.   Still he tries to build his  status in the hospital  and struggles  to survive in  a competitive society and an organized setting like a hospital.

장대일 (남, 레지던트 3년차)   Jang Dae Il   resident 3yr
 Acting subservient to the top and  disregarding underlings, he thinks he is the right-hand man  to Gook Chun Soo  but in reality, he makes many mistakes and constantly  receives reprimands from GCS.
Everybody dislikes  and avoids ‘devil like’  but he has worked under GCS  for 3 yrs which shows his patience and his will. He receives constant scolding from GCS  but he respects him  because GCS has more medical  insight and skills, and  he knows how  to lead and teach  the juniors. To him the interns are a nuisance.  His 4 talking points are like, ‘Learn by yourself. Don’t ask me. Don’t wake me up. If you do, you are dead.’   Because of that, he becomes the collective enemy to interns  and the target to stress relief.

김민기 (남, 레지던트 1년차)    Kim Min Ji   resident 1yr
He is good natured, smart  and has a model style.  Because of his sense of duty, he signed  ER medical school  which everyone tries to avoid. In the urgent ER room, his only concern  is the care of the patient.  If a conflict occurs  with another department, he always tries  to manage and find a solution.
He is facing not only  so much work from caring  for patients  but he has to teach the juniors too.   He gets much stressful scolding  from Gook Chun Soo because of talented Chang Min.

최미정 (여 40, 응급실 수간호사)  ChoI Mi Jeong    ER Head nurse
She is the veteran among veterans and worked at every area  in the hospital and is called ‘the crazy one’.  She is a trainer in a basic training center to interns but she showed her motherly side when needed.

허영지 (여 25, 응급실 간호사)  Heo Yeong Ji    ER nurse
Because of a clear work rule in ER, she signed it.  But she has a rigid personality and high pride,  so if she feels any doctor acts  disrespectful towards a nurse, she would become incensed.  She questions the interns’ ability and speaks harshly to them.  But she begins to like Chang Min secretly and her rough edge starts to soften, especially in front of Chang Min.

손예슬 (여, 23, 응급실 간호사)  Son Ye Seul   ER nurse
She is the youngest, good and shy and peaceful in the noisy ER.

OMO! SJH wear a black short inside her white wedding gown...shouldn't she wears a white one, not so obvious and when she runs we can see her black short in the bts ...aigoo hopefully only in BTS! But she is so CUTE when she gives a little jump and ready for her scene...like a happy kid! 

tumblr_mzf995ZgkL1tnpt5vo2_r1_250.gif

Thanks @Mishiellie

booha said:
@Yeekrfan2   Oop! Sorry!   I'm sorry to see how you interpreted about the ex-father-in law  because his medical accident was  with JinHee's father. This fact was in the first character description  which was deleted  from the second.  I have  no idea why this fact  was known  to us in the first place.  To me  it should be like some surprise revelation  that happened  later in the story line.  I don't know  how important  this fact is going  to be in the drama.  Maybe it could be irrelevant.  I don't think we will see  much of this father character.  They haven't picked  an actor for this character.  In the story, he lives in the country alone.    So now you know  the mystery twist.   hahah   Dont get too much hung up on characters' details.  It is rom-com.   I have a feeling  that this production team  is running around  with their hair on fire  and a lot pressure to make it big.    Next week  the drama is going to start  yet they are still filling in cast.  Most of the time  a production team  has a lot of time to prepare  for a new drama  but  for this one, you remember  that CJH didn't finish  the last one until very late.  I read somewhere  that this team might have to work  on two episodes per week  before the opening day.    Hula time for them!! 
    thank you for cute OH!!

Guest livon123

That is so cute, I love the behind the scene, I am rooting for Ji Hyo's character already, and lol I will try to keep an open mind of each character's perspective. haha I love medical drama, and romantic comedy medical even better :D

Guest spartacer

sorry if i offend anyone but i really hope there is no post about gary, jong kook or other man that related to jihyo but not related to this drama... please post something that related to this drama only.. sorry..

(translation)

'응급남녀' 최진혁 5시간 빗속투혼, 영하5도 살수차도 이겨냈다(1/15)

http://media.daum.net/entertain/enews/newsview?newsid=20140115144706587

20140115144706879.jpg

The released shooting pictures attracted attention  as they revealed CJH giving an enthusiastic performance  while he acted in the winter rain during a cold snap.
1/15 CJ E&M, gearing up for the first broadcast, released  the still cut of CJH as the shooting of ERMW was accelerated.

In the released photos,  CJH was in the rain without an umbrella.  To film the scene, CJH had  to endure over 5 hrs  in the spraying rain from a sprinkler truck on a street early morning with 5 degree temperature.

In the drama, OH Chang Min (Choi Jin Hyuk) was born into  the doctors’ family  and dreamed  of becoming a doctor.  Because he got married  to OH Jin Hee (Song Ji Hyo) and wanted to have a happy family,  he chose  a salesman job   in a pharmaceutical company  instead becoming a doctor.  The scene showed Chang Min suffering  as a pharmaceutical company  sales representative  and his face in the rain  expressed  frustration and misery.  Right after the queue sign, even though Choi Jin Hyuk’s expression  couldn’t be read, he was wrapped with a heavy blanket  which explained how cold it was out there.

Yoon Hyun Ji, PD, in charge of ERMW,  said  “It was a very cold  morning  even just standing  around.  But Choi Jin Hyuk was  filmed  over 5hrs in the rain from  the sprinkler truck.  It was  an unusually  cold morning  but Choi Jin Hyuk’s  enthusiastic performance  gave the shooting  location  a warm feeling.”

Once  they were a couple  but, after divorce, Choi Jin Hyuk and Song Ji Hyo became mortal enemies  and met again later.  Anytime they encountered, the roaring ensured.  A recently  released  teaser video showed  Song Ji Hyo was pulling Choi Jin Hyuk’s hair.  Now Choi Jij Hyuk’s enthusiastic performance during  a rain scene done  in the middle  of winter  created great  expectations  for the drama.

The visual couple, Song Ji Hyo and Choi Jin Hyuk, is having an anxious and uneasy romance in ERMW.  The first broadcast is set for 1/24.

@GHSforever said: Yeekrfan2 said: OMO! SJH wear a black short inside her white wedding gown...shouldn't she wears a white one, not so obvious and when she runs we can see her black short in the bts ...aigoo hopefully only in BTS! But she is so CUTE when she gives a little jump and ready for her scene...like a happy kid! 

Archived