Yoo Yeon Seok 유연석 (Upcoming Drama 2021 : Hospital Playlist S2)

kokodus

Kang Sora: “Now I Understand Why Girls Like Yoo Yeon Seok”

Actress Kang Sora revealed her thoughts on her “Warm and Cozy” co-star Yoo Yeon Seok.

In a recent interview with media outlet MyDaily, she described the chemistry between her and Yoo Yeon Seok on set. “We have great chemistry, although it is our first time acting together. He helps me out a lot.” She continued to say, “Yoo Yeon Seok has a big heart and he is really caring. Like the character of Gun Woo, in reality, he is also innocent like a child, but also charming in a very masculine way. I think I understand why women like him so much.”

However, Kang Sora admitted that her ideal type was not close to Yoo Yeon Seok’s character, but Kim Sung Oh‘s in the drama. “I like the comfortable types, like Hwang Wook (Kim Sung Oh’s character) in the drama.”

She also picked Lee Sung Jae‘s character Song Jung Geun as the most interesting character in “Warm and Cozy.” “I have to cheer him on, because his ‘middle-aged romance’ is so sweet and fun.”

“Warm and Cozy” airs on MBC every Wednesday and Thursday.

Source: (1)

Credit: Soompi

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello! I hope I'm welcome here! A month ago I never heard of Yoo Yeon Seok although I've been watching Korean dramas  for years now. When I watched Showbiz Korea's preview of Perfect Proposal, I fell in love with him (and I'm a forty something ahjumma with teenage kids) and was searching news, videos,  everything about him on the net. I thought he doesn't have a soompi  fan forum except for the Warm and Cozy thread. I watched Warm and Cozy, Reply 1994 and Youth Over flowers (he was awesome!) over and over again. I don't know how he got to me but I dropped all my other idols including Kim Soo Hyun for him, hehehe. I wish he will have more dramas in the future hopefully more on a charming, romantic roles (oh I want a Perfect Proposal role in drama, too) and save the villain and challenging roles for the movies,,,,sorry for being selfish YYS.  Now off to reading from page 1....

Hai @myvilvil  !! Welcome to Yoo Yeon Seok's safe haven in Soompi.. I am so happy to have you heare spazzing Yoo Yeon Seok with us. and YESH to sexy smexy devilish Sung Yeol. I fall hard for his character! He has this charm that I can't resist as SungYeol. His look, his hair, his style. Everything!! Guess @day_dreamer go crazy over me talking about how sexy YYS is when he becomes sung yeol. kekekeke.. If you happen to live in Los Angeles or Indonesia, you can catch the movie on the big screen as shared by @paradicez. I happen to stay in Jakarta so i am ready for big screen drolling scene of sungyeol ;p

manofseduction.jpg~original

So I am sooooo glad to find you my dear who shares the same love to YYS | Sung Yeol. Glad that it brings you to more good gooedies from YYS. He's definitely no sungyeol in youth over flowers. He has his own charm there, still hardly irressitable. Which one is your fave?

Actress Kang Sora revealed her thoughts on her “Warm and Cozy” co-star Yoo Yeon Seok.

In a recent interview with media outlet MyDaily, she described the chemistry between her and Yoo Yeon Seok on set. “We have great chemistry, although it is our first time acting together. He helps me out a lot.” She continued to say, “Yoo Yeon Seok has a big heart and he is really caring. Like the character of Gun Woo, in reality, he is also innocent like a child, but also charming in a very masculine way. I think I understand why women like him so much.”

However, Kang Sora admitted that her ideal type was not close to Yoo Yeon Seok’s character, but Kim Sung Oh‘s in the drama. “I like the comfortable types, like Hwang Wook (Kim Sung Oh’s character) in the drama.”

She also picked Lee Sung Jae‘s character Song Jung Geun as the most interesting character in “Warm and Cozy.” “I have to cheer him on, because his ‘middle-aged romance’ is so sweet and fun.”

“Warm and Cozy” airs on MBC every Wednesday and Thursday.

Source: (1)

Credit: Soompi

I used to dream that Kang Sora will do a drama with YYS. Never knew that finally it comes true!! Thank you Sora for being with YYS in this drama!! I am so glad Jung Joo is played by you. Can't imagine other actress plays JJ as good as you

hi... hello... everyone.. :)  where are the people?

I'm usually just a silent reader. I enjoy it so much when there are a lot of yys updates here. sadly it seems there're not much updates of him rignt now :( but I'm so happy that finally yys comeback with new drama. warm and cozy is the only kdrama I watch right now hehee. his acting is never disappointing, baek geun woo makes me forget his 'chilbong' image :D the plot itself is good, I enjoy watching it... but i still hope next time he can find a better drama/movie,script. so he can get more recognition not only for his acting but also for his drama/ movie projects..go... go... yys!

anyway...since the thread is so silent, im going to post beauty inside teaser... sorry if someone already post it here before 

well.. is it just me? bcoz I hear yys voiceover here.. 

Hai @airasara !! Sorry for not saying hello to you for a long time.. Been busy with other stuff and I am not yet get used to the new soompi forum. My sincere chilbongie apology..

I am really lovin his acting especially his darker roles. Of course chilbongie is my all time favorite but seung yeol quickly climb up the ladder. ahahahaha.. i can't wait for his "the mood that day" with moon chae woon and beauty inside. Romcom YYS is all I want (WAC kinna dissapoint me in that department).

see ya around!!

@paradicez @kaylanurul thank you for welcoming me :) I like reading your post here.. yes, I think most of us are still not familiar with the new soompi forum. :sweatingbullets:

except facebook (bcs i dont have fb account), i already follow yeoniverse tumblr, instagram, and twitter account, sometimes I visit the blog too.... you guys are awesome!!! the blog is informative especially for me who never enough with yys related article :P 

I haven't watched perfect proposal yet.. (still waiting for the engsub :P) but based on the teaser only.. I can tell that he is really HOTTT and manly  :wub:  hopefully the movie will be screened in my country too..

I heard the mood that day will be screened in October (still months to go :( ) while beauty inside is next month right? based on the teaser.. it's kinda interesting.. although yys might only appear for minutes.. 

as for WaC, I used to expect something more form the drama, but right now I just want to enjoy it just the way it is.  tbh.. I'm not a fan of hongsis drama... I'd never finished their drama, even though my favorite actors act in it. but surprisingly I still follow WaC until right now lol. i think they use classic formula, which we already know how it will end, but still curious how the story goes. though I must admit that the story is not that great, but not that bad too... maybe we should give applause to the cast, especially yys, kang sora, and mayor because they save the show.. :D  

anyway

I found this royal tailor bts, i don't really like the story, but yys acting always impressed me... :wub: no wonder if he was nominated as one of best supporting actor in baeksang awards

cr:mohamedsunbae 

Thanks @kaylanurul! Wow you are so lucky that you will be able to watch him in Perfect Proposal. Is he popular in Indonesia? Unfortunately, he's not yet known here in the Philippines. Probably if the TV stations will get WAC rights, then with his portrayal as GW they will love him. But of course my fave is still his role in PP because if not for that I wouldn't have known how versatile an actor he is. That's why I like him so much because he can act differently in films and dramas that he's in. And I love him more when I saw his real self in YOF. He was such an amazing person different from the usual macho men that I know. Good thing that Dramabeans are so fans of his that I read and reread all the articles about him there. I was sad when this thread is not that active but I find solace in WAC thread and Yeoniverse FB and other sites. Does this mean that I have to wait for a year to be able to watch Perfect Proposal with Eng subs in the internet?

@paradicez @kaylanurul thank you for welcoming me :) I like reading your post here.. yes, I think most of us are still not familiar with the new soompi forum. :sweatingbullets:

except facebook (bcs i dont have fb account), i already follow yeoniverse tumblr, instagram, and twitter account, sometimes I visit the blog too.... you guys are awesome!!! the blog is informative especially for me who never enough with yys related article :P 

I haven't watched perfect proposal yet.. (still waiting for the engsub :P) but based on the teaser only.. I can tell that he is really HOTTT and manly  :wub:  hopefully the movie will be screened in my country too..

I heard the mood that day will be screened in October (still months to go :( ) while beauty inside is next month right? based on the teaser.. it's kinda interesting.. although yys might only appear for minutes.. 

as for WaC, I used to expect something more form the drama, but right now I just want to enjoy it just the way it is.  tbh.. I'm not a fan of hongsis drama... I'd never finished their drama, even though my favorite actors act in it. but surprisingly I still follow WaC until right now lol. i think they use classic formula, which we already know how it will end, but still curious how the story goes. though I must admit that the story is not that great, but not that bad too... maybe we should give applause to the cast, especially yys, kang sora, and mayor because they save the show.. :D  

anyway

I found this royal tailor bts, i don't really like the story, but yys acting always impressed me... :wub: no wonder if he was nominated as one of best supporting actor in baeksang awards

cr:mohamedsunbae 

@airasara we're super happy to have you around! I've been abandoning soompi for quite sometimes so coming back and talking to you and everybody in this bar made me happeh.. hehehehe..

And thank you for following yeoniverse. We are so happy that yeoniverse social media helps to connect us and to keep you guys updated. It's super fun!! Thank you so much for sharing the video. Actually I never saw that one particular BTS. How cute YYS when he wants to kill lee yoo bi. hahahahaha... he treats her like a little sister after she (seem) played a prank on him. how cute!! ShinHye and YYS acting all cute are sooooo endearing. I want YYS and ShinHye do a drama together one day. As long as it's not written by HongSis in having a merry-go-round-non-sense story.

Like you, I think I follow WAC only for YYS because he keeps me engaged. call me bias but the one that kept me watching that mess called wac is yys. I finished only sassy girl chun hyang and I kinna like that. But WAC is just non-sense. Kang Sora and YYS literally saved the show from being ditched by people. But the drama is just bad. I am pretty sad that YYS choose this drama as his first leading drama but perhaps he shines here bcause even in plotless - nonsensical drama, he can still grap some people's heart and the drama is not doing that poor in rating department. People are acknowledging his acting.

it's just i need him to do good drama, good movie and successful ones. I know he's the man of craftmanship but seriously, it doesn't hurt him to have comercially successful movie or drama, no? hiks.. yooffaaaaa... 

Thanks @kaylanurul! Wow you are so lucky that you will be able to watch him in Perfect Proposal. Is he popular in Indonesia? Unfortunately, he's not yet known here in the Philippines. Probably if the TV stations will get WAC rights, then with his portrayal as GW they will love him. But of course my fave is still his role in PP because if not for that I wouldn't have known how versatile an actor he is. That's why I like him so much because he can act differently in films and dramas that he's in. And I love him more when I saw his real self in YOF. He was such an amazing person different from the usual macho men that I know. Good thing that Dramabeans are so fans of his that I read and reread all the articles about him there. I was sad when this thread is not that active but I find solace in WAC thread and Yeoniverse FB and other sites. Does this mean that I have to wait for a year to be able to watch Perfect Proposal with Eng subs in the internet?

Yep, i count myself pretty lucky @myvilvil ^_^

I was telling the gals here how much I wanted to watch yys in big screen as sungyeol. Seriously, sung yeol is my achiles' heel. He got me everytime! His evil smirk, his deadly gaze and slick appearance just kills me. Imagine how happy I was when the news of Perfect Proposal coming to Indonesia was announced. I was jumping and dancing! hahahaha.. i must be looking like an idiot that day. wekekekeke... I don't know why Perfect Proposal comes to Indonesia tho. I thought it must be CJ's connection coz CJ distributed lots of Korean movie here. Maybe not so much of his popularity here. Compare to Kim Soo Hyun or Lee Minho or Lee Seung Gi, he's not as popular. Only those who watched reply might know. Either way, I am soooo glad perfect proposal will be screened here. Hopefully people who watch it will be hooked by his charms and he will be more popular here.

And hopefully you won't have to wait until a year to watch it subbed. I remember that Royal Tailor's sub shows up pretty fast. Like in a few months only. I will share it here once I found the sub since I am not sure Yeoniverse will do the subbing.

And sorry for abandoning the thread. Hiks.. we are pretty busy with the other social media, we kinna abandon this. But I think i will play here often coz this is our home anyway ^^

Weeee I can't remember just when was the last time I was here updating. I am really bad in multitasking. At the moment in Soompi, I've built a tent in WAC thread so I forgot to return home here. ahahhaha.

Gif time~ Totally loooove Sora's naughty face here. I LOL-ed hard at her adorable naughty teasing. And of course, I spent quite a long time staring at them guns. kkk

tumblr_nqg0qqTMKL1to9y0zo2_540.giftumblr_nqg0qqTMKL1to9y0zo1_540.giftumblr_nqg0qqTMKL1to9y0zo3_540.giftumblr_nqg0qqTMKL1to9y0zo4_540.gif

When Yoo Yeon Seok shows off his guns, Kang So Ra is me.

(Credits to kilaalaa for translation)

fyeahyooyeonseok

I forgot to greet everyone luls.

@truffulatree long time no see <3 <3 <3 

@myvilvil @airasara haiii welcome to the thread and thank you for delurking! kkk. I'll be back and frequenting the thread since WAC will be over (sobs no more YYS on the small screen dammit) and will try to update as frequent as I can, too. I'm looking forward to see you guys here too <3

@kaylanurul @paradicez thank you for the update girls <3 

Anyway, here is a news article from a few days ago involving Yoffa. ahaha. He must be feeling like a special snowflake if Seohyun really did flirt with him. lol.

Girls’ Generation’s Seohyun to Make Cameo Appearance on “Warm and Cozy”

warm-and-cozy-seohyun-.jpg

During rehearsals, as the actors practiced out a scene where Yoo Yeon Suk asks Seohyun if she would be able to give him a ride, to which she is supposed to refuse, the Girls’ Generation member surprised everyone with an unexpected joke: “I will give you a ride if you give me your number.”

read more on Soompi.

Lol at Seohyun's answer. Witty kid. She is wonderful. 

@day_dreamer <3 I know school kept me in line, but summer is here! :D Lol at the YYS would feel like a special snowflake comment He would, Seohyun is pretty :) Thank you for the gifs and updates. I hope everything is going well.

@myvilvil @airisara welcome! I hope you have a great time with everyone here:)

That guns of him is dangerous for human sanity @day_dreamer luls! I can't help myself from staring at that moments on and on again. Seriously YYS needs to tone down his sexiness by ditching anything white altogether. He looks mega sexy when it comes to white, dress, tight or not. Kekekeke.. 

567F36A2-1C9A-45D1-8A46-42F241116143.jpg[

CF4E8B86-5F18-459F-B523-B7EF0CAB1ACF.jpg

web_3718636944_55a3aa59.jpg

Thanks everyone for the welcome! Since WAC is almost at its end, I'm going to miss YYS. Right now I'm watching Reply 1994 mostly his parts only although I found the drama really great and the cast too. I just skipped the parts where Najeong and Trash are lovey dovey because I hurt for Chilbong. Wish that there are Eng subs of his movie Whistleblower and Proposal on the net. My ultimate wish is for him to star in a new drama before the end of the year!

Thanks everyone for the welcome! Since WAC is almost at its end, I'm going to miss YYS. Right now I'm watching Reply 1994 mostly his parts only although I found the drama really great and the cast too. I just skipped the parts where Najeong and Trash are lovey dovey because I hurt for Chilbong. Wish that there are Eng subs of his movie Whistleblower and Proposal on the net. My ultimate wish is for him to star in a new drama before the end of the y

@myvilvil  is this the first time you're watching reply1994? avoid ep 21 like it is a plague!! T__T

Whistleblower subs is available on the net. I got it from subscene if I am not mistaken.. If you cannot find it, let me know. I can send you by email if you want ^^

Thanks everyone for the welcome! Since WAC is almost at its end, I'm going to miss YYS. Right now I'm watching Reply 1994 mostly his parts only although I found the drama really great and the cast too. I just skipped the parts where Najeong and Trash are lovey dovey because I hurt for Chilbong. Wish that there are Eng subs of his movie Whistleblower and Proposal on the net. My ultimate wish is for him to star in a new drama before the end of the y

@myvilvil  is this the first time you're watching reply1994? avoid ep 21 like it is a plague!! T__T

Whistleblower subs is available on the net. I got it from subscene if I am not mistaken.. If you cannot find it, let me know. I can send you by email if you want ^^

Actually I started watching Reply 1994 2 weeks ago but stopped at Episode 12. I already watched WAC 2x that's why I continued with watching REply1994 today although I only chose parts with YYS on it. Can you recommend other YYS dramas? I doubt though if I have the patience to watch those which he has limited screening time. Right now I'm reading this thread from page 1. Were you the one who went to his first fan meeting and had to fly to Seoul? I'm so amazed. I was in Seoul last April but I didn't know him then. If ever there's another fan meeting hope I can go and join, too. That's how crazy I am. Thanks (Whistleblower site)

@myvilvil hmmmm.. If dramas, maybe Gu Family Book? He plays with Lee Seung Gi and Suzy. 

If you want to watch his other works, I would recommend his movies instead of dramas. He has good movies before whistleblower and I would recommend few of them like Hoya / 18,19 and re-encounter. Both are indie movies and i love them to bits. Others would be Architecture 101 and Werewolf Boy. He played antagonist character there so becareful. You might hate him to bits. Hahahaha.. I used to avoid reply1994 like a plague before because he pissed me off so much in werewolf boy. Sigh.. I should've listened to my heart because it could saved me from major heartbreak. Tho on the positive note, it brought me to YYS! Kekekekeke.. 

No turning back from YYS then ;p I didn't attend his fanmeeting (sad..) but yes I met him in april last year in a VIPS event. Best day!! If only you knew him back then, we really could fangirling togetheeeer... But like you said, let's hope for another fanmeeting so you can attend that one!! *cross fingers*

@myvilvil I agree with @kaylanurul 's recommendation of YYS movies - Re-encounter and Hoya / 18,19. I love both. His character frustrates me to no end in Re-encounter but I really like his portrayal in the movie. While for 18, 19, I love seeing his character growth, tho the movie's premise is a bit uncomfortable (?). 

Hmm, YYS was 'chilbonged' (exiled, lol) from Reply 1994 in episode 16 and 17 - his scenes accumulated to less than 5 minutes, I think. In ep. 18, he made a grand comeback in a towel scene (he killed fangirls left and right in this scene kkk). And then maybe you can skip to ep. 19 (for happy kinda scenes of Chilbong) and ep. 20 (for angst scenes of Chilbong). While ep. 20 tortured me greatly, his acting in this particular episode made my heart break into thousand pieces and idk, it hurts so good? hahaha.

It's hard to find his works where he didn't have limited screen times because prior getting his breakthrough in 2013, he was just usually a supporting actor and second lead actor at best (in dramas). That was why I am sooo happy with him finally getting his lead role offers now and with WAC we get to see his unlimited screen times! teehee. Did you know that he was offered a lead in drama Blood, but couldn't do it because the drama's shooting overlaps with his movie 'The Mood That Day' (with Moon Chae Won)? :D I was sad when he had to decline it because I was dying to see him back on the small screen and lead a show. kkk. And I am so happy that WAC happened. <3

Thanks @kaylanurul and @day_dreamer for the recommendations. I'll try to watch all of those films and dramas. I knew that he was offered the starring role in Blood but it was probably a good move for him because it has really, really low ratings. I come to love how he portrayed his role in WAC and even most viewers agree that he and Kang Sora are the reasons why they stuck with watching the drama despite the plot although it has some awesome moments, too. 

Archived