[Official Thread] ღ Sung Na Jeong ♥ Sseureki Kim Jae Joon a.k.a "NAREKI Couple" from REPLY 1994 ღ

the girl who!

So Ara has Jung Woo to thank for being too similar to the girl they'd previously thought of as Na Jung. I wonder who that girl is and hope no one tells her because this drama changed the lives of all the 7 young actors. 

later, to the point when they had to tell her to stop, she had gotten some kind of ‘comic disease’ that she’d be doing weird things until she had to be told to stop
This is hilarious. She started going too far. :))Thanks for the awesome translation @minnieXD

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

double post...sorry,,,replace this post with Shin pd-jw watched the infamous proposal scene back the at Reply94 Bluray screening...,

Credits Reply1994 Dc Gall
woo.png

or this one..ara-jung woo at baeksang on some korean magazine..1926186512_5fb3c010.jpg

Extremely awesome translation as always, our love @minnieXD :x A package full of "Thank You" is coming to you, just wait for it :))

I had tears in my eyes when reading that Ara knew about her troubles, that she was only offered certain type of roles because of her princess image, it was really hard for her :( Many many thanks to PD Shin and Writer Lee, for giving her a chance to break that image and prove herself. If its not for Na Jeong, Im not sure if there's anyone ever think of Ara for the role of Nodame (if you follow news about the casting of Korean version of Nodame Cantabile, you will get what I mean). Anyway, congrats, and keep moving forward, Ara-ah!

And Im sorry for saying again and again such same old boring words that "Shin PD, stop lying around about you not knowing who is the husband" [-(  For God's sake, dont tell me you even changed your planned leading lady into someone you thought it would be more suitable to play Jung Woo's partner, just to marry her off to someone else rather than Jung Woo at the end ~X(

By the way, do you guys want to watch Jung Woo and Ara's auditions for their roles? I actually have no problem to share it, but have to say that unless @minnieXD help us with summary or translation, all we get from it will likely be... he is laughing and she is crying =))

@erinaz, oh, maknae is so cute, I want to pinch his cheeks :)) *hugs* I love Na Jung and Hai Tai interaction there too, I think they were talking about the benefit of being working for government ^^

@clockwatcher, that package scene is already on my plan, but due to some problems it remains un-ripped ^^ Perhaps someday... before the first anniversary of R4 ^^; Marriage without Dating is a big surprise since I didnt intend to watch it, but ended up getting hooked after 2 eps. Yeah, so far so good, hope it wil not drag.

@Luna, LOL, I don't think PD said he didn't know who the husband was (he already admitted to it after the finale aired). I believe he's just saying that the actors didn't know who the husband was. 
Thanks for the deleted scene cut in advance. I'll be looking forward to it :) 

And I wonder if Jung Woo was embarrassed watching himself kiss on such a huge screen. LOL. Thanks @erinaz. And the kids are so cute. I wish we got to see more of them. 

@clockwatcher ;)) I still need confirmation, but I think Shin PD did say (my interprep ---> jokingly lie) that "even they (production team including him) dont know" at

:))

@All, here, some from Ep 17 Commentary by Shin PD and our couple. Lets see Ara's reaction to the proposal kiss ;))

Any delulu analyzing??? =))

@Luna..jjang
:x :x...thank you so much for the video..and ahmmm jung wo is so handsome with or without glasses..and the breads looks so delicious, i dont know which one is more delicious..jung woo or the breads..but i want to taste both of them lol..
i dont know what they were talking about, but seems like they were so excited watched their proposal scene, and what's jung woo doing with his lips ? lol..he tried to imitate the kiss or what?..ara looks a little bit embarrased, but excited, jung woo looks so confident..i think the pd and i who were feel embarrased watching them kissed..lol
arghh i missed his laughs...

:x

Guest old soul

@minnieXD, again a big THANK YOU for diligently translating that lengthy piece about our dear Go Ara! I don't regret one bit that she reached a point in her career where she was desperate to change her image in order to be given the opportunity to widen her range as a legitimate actress.  I think it is this mindset of desperation that gave us our unforgettable Sung Na-jeong.  I remember Jung Woo's comment early on about GA that she was acting like her life depended on it.  And act she did.  What's wonderful about this process was that in her desire for change, we were able to rediscover the real GA without the trappings of a glamorous image.  By the way, she looked so beautiful in those close-ups during that video commentary clip.  
@erinaz, as always you manage to bring us back from rehab and into delululand again.  Is that "the look" that I see?  I wish that photo of the Nareki kids was a little bigger.  They're so adorable!
@Luna, thanks for giving us the Tae-woong  Oppa deleted scene and the video commentary clip of our Nareki!  I guess it'd be pretty hard to sub that commentary when most of the time JW and GA were talking simultaneously and even in some instances Shin PD was chiming in as well.  But I'd sure love to understand the portion when they talk about the proposal kiss scene (pretty please, @minnieXD). 
You know when I hear Shin PD comment about the issue of the identity of the husband, it just goes in one ear and out the other.  I actually expect him to make those comments.  He can say them as often as he wants and for as long as he's alive, but we all know better.  I just choose to understand that it has to be said because it's the way the franchise will work.  I know that it gets irritating at some point, but if Shin PD wants to continue the AM franchise, he will have to stick to his guns regardless of how many less people still believe him in the end.  But I'm with on the scratching your head thingy.  LOL
Looking at the level of comfort between JW and GA, do we really have to wait about 8-10 years for a reunion of our OTP?    :((

@Luna, here's my delulu analysis. TOO MUCH LEANING. lol.
i'm going down on this slippery slope again.

ps. i'm also watching MND and I think its my next crack (and possible delulushipping) after R94.

@Luna OMG luna darl!!! Tq for the video. I haven't watched it because im in the office and I don't want to get caught watching couple kissing :)) but from the gifs shared by @clockwatcher I know im yet to watch something worth our delulu-ness :)) see the skinship between them..they really getting comfortable doing that to each other. Someone please cast them as couple again!

Thanks @Luna for the goodies again!!!! 
Me watching the video...my takeout from it is...  Oppa >>> bread... orBread>>> Oppa... Aigooo tough decision, the bread looks yummy... and yes I totally caught that... Oppa was looking for somewhere to wipe his fingers after nomnomnom-ing the bread!... Trashy Oppa!!!
And the epic kiss scene... what was Oppa doing about the mouth action... why... was he trying to say he should attempt some "vacuum cleaner" kissing as well? I hope! Someone please help! That action of Oppa seems borderline naughty... lol... 
But funny thing Oppa was pretty calm but Ara was totally spazzing during the kiss scenes while... Shin PD was like... "hmm this is awkward... why am I here again?"
And I die everytime Oppa pat Ara's head or something... I think IRL, Oppa really treat her like how he would like a female version of puppy Binggrae... likes he totally adores and care for her but that's the furthest he could go...in their friendship coz its real life and real life is cruel...  :((Also really touching how time and again Ara mentioned how thankful he is to Oppa and Shin PD throughout the clip... 
It's adorbs Oppa thinks that Najung is really cute expecting an awesome present and only to get the exercise bench... Oppa imitating Najung spazzing out... wae so cute Oppa.. 
And that nose snort thing that Najung does when she is pissed.. so its the master... aka Shin PD that suggested it... daebak... this is how signatures gestures is born... 
And... and I realize... heck... Shin PD... his voice... he is the kinda voice that is a "phone-killer"... the kind that makes girls melt talking over the phone... Gasp... am I swooning over him now? Omona.........

Hi everyone!

so @kaykafisyah, @oldsoul, and i were discussing how we love sharing our thoughts with other Narekis and also read your ideas/comments/pictures, etc but couldn't diverge outside of Nareki and Reply 1994 on this thread. So we were brainstorming for a vehicle for how we can do this, and came up with the idea that we would create a Open Thread on the K-Ent General Discussion Section so everyone can discuss anything and everything related to K-Ent, from current dramas watching to thoughts on recent scandals to recommending a Kpop song.

So please join us at:
http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/2023996/open-thread-anything-and-everything-related-to-k-ent#latest

Luna said: Ladies, how was your weekend :D
Here is my special gift before Im totally MIA for few days (start from Monday). Its about the kisses, but dont expect any R-rated kiss :)) "Longer version from slightly different angle" may be the exact words, esp. the proposal kiss ;))

My only request is do not re-up or share the link publicly (outside of this thread). You can download and share it underground though, I just dont want my account to have any problem due to copyright issue. Please understand.

Hope you enjoy it ^^

I miss the drama so much I watched it again for the 2nd time lol sorry if this was mentioned earlier but did anyone ever catch in the beginning when they were all watching tv & nj said she wanted to marry oppa her mom looked at trash oppa briefly before nj started talking about sung min oppa? i thought that was a pretty big clue! :)

Archived