[Variety] Grandpas over Flowers 꽃보다 할배

Ah! GOF ep 5, you might just become my fav ep so far! As the halbaes kept on walking up the stairs to the top leaving the monastery behind, the scene bring us to CJW, struggling to climb up the uneven steps, puffing and questioning the vj if the other places are has such staircases too? As she sighs and puffs some more, she pop out comments that send me falling off my sofa. "where's the doctor? I think I need her to test my blood pressure..." (omg, she did mentioned in her earlier interview that her stamina is good, and geesh, the Pds do like to make us laugh...) "ohh..I'm hungry... have not taken my breakfast...last night didn't eat alot too..." and the scene zooms to when CJW was at the desert with the halbaes: "I'm hungry.." was walking the streets saying: "Why am I hungry again?"....while with the halbaes she would turn to them and said: "we are hungry...teachers, you haven't eaten yet too, right?" =)) and how I love her consistency - her phobia of heights and love of being in the photos! She was sitting down at one corner when the VJ informed her they are going to photoshoot for the promo...she joined them... and immediately "escaped" from the scene after it's taken....that scene was really charming! and funny! When she finally reached the top where the halbaes are, she saw where they were sitting and was hesitant to go over, saying she's afraid. The halbaes laughingly told her to sit between them and not to be afraid as they'll hold her safely. (very sweet of them, love them for it!) She sat herself gingerly between Grandpa Lee and Grandpa Guen crying out omma! while Grandpa Guen teasingly told her it should be Appa this time! =)) Her 'hunger' attack came again when all of them were gathered...talking to Grandpa Baek, she mentioned she's hungry...and the former immediately barked out an order to a dreaming LSJ that it's time for Lunch! Hurry! Let's go! At the restuarant where they're enjoying their lunch, I'm curious that CJW seem not to part-take in the lamb ribs. Does she not like lamb? Well, the way the guys dug the ribs and licked their lips, it made me pretty hungry! I wondered what did she eat for her lunch? We know that CJW can be very meticulous, but one of her interesting traits is her forgetfulness. Recall in ep one she nearly forgot to take the trolley after their cuppa in the Dubai airport....in this ep she actually forgets her own room no?! (hmm. but does she remembers the halbaes...and LSJ's??)....hohoho...LSJ and her went out to find the chinese restuarant for dinner that evening and she forgets which direction to go to, looking for LSJ as the halbaes followed her behind. It's funny, especially when LSJ was teasing her about it. In the interview LSJ was complimenting CJW: "her no sense of direction, her imperfectness, is part of her charm. She's beautiful in that way.." Ah, should I say LSJ, you do have a way with words...your bluntness is pretty charming too :) Oh, I really like CJW in this ep. From her open mouth sleeping to just lay herself across the car to sleep, to her pouting towards her neighbor (the lady beside her in the bus) who said no to her help... she's really adorable! Especially towards that lady since CJW offered her a sweet and she just ate it and then unwilling to offer help to CJW! and what makes CJW pout is 'cos, she can't take back that sweet! hahahahaha...she's really innocent in that way! OMG, ep 6, pls let it be friday tomorrow!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@czakhareina thanks for the article!!

It makes me cryyyy *sobs sobs*

I love all halbaes and reading their beautiful love stories makes me understand why they really want Seojin to settle and make his own family. I wish them all healthy long life with their families :(( :((

@BLUFEATHERS thanks a lot for that translation!!

After 2 rejections, I think Geun Hyung halbae's wife probably thought she made the right decision for marrying him. What a guy !! As I mentioned before that these halbaes are all loving husbands and I think LSJ learned a thing or two from them. Hope he makes a good husband one day !! Thanx for the article @czakhareina 
Thanx for the translation @BLUFEATHERS

Grandpas Over Flowers in Greece: Episode 5

by javabeans | April 28, 2015 | 3 Comments

javabeans: We resume in Meteora, and the party huffs and puffs their way up the many many stairs that take them to the top of the hillside. It’s funny how it’s a little sad to watch the halbaes struggling, until you cut over to Ji-woo who seems in worse shape than them as she staggers up the hillside, gasping, “Oh my…”

girlfriday: The halbaes totally beat her! This is embarrassing.

javabeans: Of course the show rewinds to remind us of her bragging about how fit she is, and then the camera catches her asking where the team doctor is.

girlfriday: The best is when she stops in the middle of her huffing and puffing for a photo op. Suddenly she’s in full actress photo shoot mode. It’s instantaneous, the way she automatically turns it on.

javabeans: It’s hilarious. She’s pausing to catch her breath and rest, but her default pose is glamour girl. Na PD must clue in to this as his angle — she’s too afraid to look over the steep cliff and hunches down, until he suggests shooting their group poster here, and suddenly she leaps up and takes her place not two feet away from the ledge. (And then runs away the second it’s over.)

read full: http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/04/grandpas-over-flowers-in-greece-episode-5/

can't find the LSJ thread 

​The LSJ thread wasn't active these past few days, I guess that's why the Mods didn't set up a thread for him. There's actually a lot of actors/actresses threads (hundreds over) , so they had to be quick and only chose the regularly active ones for this temporary transition period.

But fret not, here's the thread for Seojinnie for the time being till we go back to the actual original thread next week. It's empty of course but only waiting to be filled up. However, let me know if's a duplicate, I've already checked but might missed something.

http://forums.soompi.com/community/topic/551-lee-seo-jin-이서진/

Guest Jinwoo07

@Dramabeans top photo.....so much like Mr and Mrs Lee , and  as if .... fresh from honeymoon!!!  (no offense meant)  ... hehehe

​                 @rubie.. hoping seogenie will make up and bring nuts to jiwoo

Archived