[Variety] The Return of Superman 슈퍼맨이 돌아왔다 7th anniversary NOV 2020

i  just  finished a  subbed  ep 124  and  i  am  surprised  by  suah  and  sulah's  visit  to  the  oriental  doctor.  suah  is really taller  than sulah  but the  latter  is  more active,  lithe  and  faster than  the  former.  i  laughed  when  the  doctor  said  sulah's  ears a re  full  of  earwax and  her  nostrils are dry. it  may  be  a  handfull for their  mother  to  do  all  these  work(cleaning,  taking a  bath,  toothbrushing  etc. e tc.),  don't  they  have  a nanny?.don't  they  receive  food  supplements,  multivitamins  etc.  with  their  parents'  wealth,  they should  have  a supply for  it.  i am  surprised  also  that  lee  dong  gook  is  worried  that  since  dae  bak  rarely  cries,  he  may not  be  feeling  pain at  all.  i  wish  we  have an  oriental  medical  clinic  here. it  looks  interesting.

• Like 3

Episode 124 has me a little worried about Seola when it comes to her being overly tired recently and even the excess of bodily fluids evident in her check up. She's always had a tremendous amount of energy, so I'm hoping that her body is just in need of extra rest at times, but I certainly wouldn't leave her check ups solely in the hands of the oriental doctor whose diagnosis seems contain some pretty shaky points when it comes to scientific analysis. The Lee family has plenty of money, so I'm hoping that further work will be done regarding getting to the bottom of any possible health problems. I think that she's incredibly sweet kid who just happens to a lot of energy. There is no crime in being curious and alert to the world around you. She may turn out to be a multi-talented person like Goo Hye Sun or Yoon Eun Hye. People with active minds tend to be restless and more difficult to contain through no fault of their own.

Ask anyone with ADD or ADHD why they just won't sit still. Because sometimes, you just can't do it... :) 

• Like 4

@robbo4,  how  were  they a ble  to d etermine  sulah  has  excess  body  fluids  when  they  didn't  get a blood  test  or  any  other  kind  of  test.  the oriental doctor  just got  their  pulse rate  (  which  reminds  me  of  how  jang  geum  treats  her  patients  in jewel in  the  palace).   it  is  very  interesting  but  not  scientific and reliable in  treatment  of  kids.  they  should  go  to  a  real  pediatrician 

• Like 4

They have a real pediatrician. We've seen them go before for their immunizations. I wouldn't be surprised if the PDs suggested a visit to the TKM Doctor to show something different on the show, nor would I be surprised if LDG and his wife use both traditional and modern medicine, and maybe they went to their pediatrician off camera. Some people find value in both. 

ETA: Daebakie's bits from the preview. His voice is so cute! Jota!

• Like 5

harsh comment to seola & sua  on another site (unkempt,  untidy, ill mannered )  totally not agreed abt this.... 

The Return of Superman | 슈퍼맨이 돌아왔다 - Ep.123 (2016.04.03)

• Like 2

Sometimes, I think people watching forget these are kids who will learn slowly and won't turn into perfect human instantly, hell even grown-ups aren't perfect. Seola an Sua act their age, I seriously don't get the hate and harshness.

• Like 6

I've said this before, but it still seems to me that there is a double standard in many minds regarding the girls and the boys. Even among the toddlers on ROS, the girls (as in the case with Haru, Sarang, Jion, and the Beagle sisters) have been judged by grown up standards as far as their appearances, actions, and habits, etc. whereas anything the the boys do is cute and adorable. I find just about everything any of these youngsters do to be cute and adorable, but the little girls aren't always judged the same way. So far, only little Rohee and Soda sister have received the love they deserve owing much to Rohee's mom being Eugene and the Soda unnie being such an obviously great sister. I just wish that some of these viewers would drop their petty qualms and cruel attacks and let the these kids be kids. To me, it tends to look like the typical girl on girl jealousy where some females (and, I of course cannot be certain that all of the attacks are from females) that follows around actresses, idol groups and even private people. That may only be my opinion, but that doesn't make it wrong. 

What is wrong is the treatment that some of these babies have received by certain keyboard warriors with nothing better to do and no conscience behind their actions. And that is indeed sad and unfair. :( 

• Like 7

To be honest, I don't remember being a kid who always was doing the right thing growing up. I am younger one of us two sisters. I remember messy fights, laughter then some more fights and everything growing up. And I also had an extended family of cousins and intimidating the younger ones in a light manner was common for us. Seola and Sua, I think me and my sister were a lot more like them. Over-time we did change. I don't know what standards people expect from kids these days. 

• Like 6

Lee Seo Eun is going to grow up to be such a ladies man -- i can totally see him being a noona lover growing up. He must be watching dramas or how else did he think of that sneaky noodle-kiss with Seola. I'll be honest, I was charmed by seo jun (still am) for the longest time, but seo eun is really charming nowadays too. I can tell he will probably grow up to be the more sensitive of the two, more emotionally sensitive. When he cried at the birthday surprise from seo jun, i absolutely lost it! How can a kid his age be so in touch with his emotions? Seo Jun is the carbon copy of his dad, it's really uncanny the personality similarities. I can already see him following his dad's footsteps, somewhere in variety. Hyperactive, joking around, entertaining people. 
To be completely honest, i did wonder why the lee twins didn't seem to share the same kind of brotherly bond and obvious love the triplets had for each other, but it is quite clear that the twins have their own special relationship and will forever be each other's best friends. You never know how deep bonds run, you can never judge based on the little bits you see, and you certainly can judge how a kid's love grows.

I can already tell rohee will grow up to be absolutely beautiful, judging by how she looked exactly like her mother at the same age. Although this time, we'd have to factor in ki tae young's amazing genes too, so she'll end up being an absolute stunner. Those moments she smiles, although rare, plasters a smile on my face because she looks so adorable. She's a wonder baby, using her weight and strength to her advantage. The eating scenes with her is lovee. I don't know how RoS always has kids with huuge appetites on their show, i think that must be a requirement for candidates, LOL.

Soda sibling's bond is children goals i have. Watching their segment is like eating sugary sweets -- chocolate, cake, cotton candy.I find myself smiling from ear to ear with their interactions and can only hope my future kids grow up with thesame bond they have. Bum Soo has to be the most chill father to grace the show. I think it's interesting whichever knetz made the comment that he's the most "realistic korean dad" on the show -- although he is still clearly a celebrity, he still gives off an aura of being just a normal dad just in the way he speaks and carries himself, which isn't always the feeling i got even for the most approachable and friendliest dad we've had on the show. Esp with his "Baccck in my daaaaayss.." stories lol. This is just an observation i've noticed from him, and it probably makes him more relatable to other dads out there, who aren't always as flamboyant with their kids but love them just as much.

Daebak is a baby that never ceases to amaze. And even with each sign of  maturity in his calmness, his amazing understanding of his dad and his surroundings, and his expressions, I can't say i'll ever get used to it. I could only pray one day i give birth to a baby boy like him. Beagle sisters, i have already been vocal about my love for them, despite  what people say. Love how they've been more creative with soo ah's hair! really brings out her natural beauty.

Last but not least, i think these people are the most underrated, but RoS editing team, you guys get major points for always being on point with the references, jokes, eagle eye flashbacks, soundtracks, and hilarious captions. Always makes the viewing experience more enjoyable.

• Like 10