[Variety] The Return of Superman 슈퍼맨이 돌아왔다 7th anniversary NOV 2020

OVERALL

2)RATING KBS HAPPY SUNDAY (TROS +1N2D) ( -0.5%)

x7CMwOA.jpg

12.6 % 160306

LAST WEEK 

13.1 % 160228

----------------------------_

1) MBC SUNDAY NIGHT(MASKED SINGER + REAL MEN  ) (-2.2%)

13.6% 160306

LST WEEK 15.8% 160228

--------------------------

3)SBS GOOD SUNDAY (RM+  KPOPSTAR) 

9.4% 160306

LAST WEEK

9.1% 160228

============================

1ST SLOT 

1) MBC MASKED SINGER (-2.0%

14.9% 160306 

LAST WEEK 

16.9% 160228 

------------------------

sDpzkFw.jpg

2) KBS TROS E120 (-1.4%)

10.4%  160306 

LAST WEEK

11.8% 160228

----------------------------

3) RM (+0.1)

7.5% 160306

LAST WEEK 

7.4% 160228 

----------------------------

pre583.jpg

SINGLE RATNG 2ND SLOT

(+0.7%)

1) 1N2D  S3 E113 

15.8% 160306

LAST WEEK 

15.1% 160228

16.7% 160221

--------------------------------

2) MBC REAL MEN (-2.2%)

12.5% 160306

LAST WEEK 

14.7%160228 

-------------------------------

3) SBS KPOPSTAR 

12.3 % 160306 

LAST WEEK 

11.7% 160228 

=====================

• Like 3

“The Return of Superman” PD Shares Life of VJs Behind-the-Scenes

Nicknamed the “dinosaur uncles” by the Song triplets, the VJs (video jockeys, or cameramen) responsible for filming “The Return of Superman” recently shared what their 48-hour work shifts look like behind-the-scenes.

One team of VJs can consist up to five people. The cameramen follow the children on their various escapades, and film footage of them both awake and sleeping.

Kang Bong Gyu, a PD (producer) on the show, was asked if they really filmed for 48 hours straight. “During the early stages of the program, we’d leave the cameras on when we slept. But the only place we can film for 48 hours straight is the house. When we do outdoor filming, we’re careful not to bother people too much. We try to arrange spaces that only the families we’re filming will be in.”

The VJs spend much of the day in cramped tents so the children aren’t distracted by strangers in their home and leave unmanned cameras on at night. They often get off work at dawn.

“We sometimes worry that there isn’t anything more to show,” the PD said. “Finding something new is the production staff’s responsibility. We have to keep trying new things. I believe that even if it seems like there aren’t any new things, if we look, we will find them.”

http://www.soompi.com/2016/03/06/the-return-of-superman-pd-shares-life-of-vjs-behind-the-scenes/

• Like 3

Rohee’s Family Wraps Up Filming in 10 Hours on “The Return of Superman”

Rohee’s Family Wraps Up Filming in 10 Hours on “The Return of Superman”

On the March 6 episode of “The Return of Superman,” baby Rohee was diagnosed with norovirus, or stomach flu.

Once she returned from the hospital, Rohee kept crying due to the pain and her father, Ki Tae Young, had to take constant care of her. Eventually Rohee’s mother, Eugene, returned early that night to share the parenting duties and cutting the 48-hour filming short.

eugene ki tae young

“I wasn’t sure if I should tell you,” Ki Tae Young tells Eugene. “I knew you would just worry, when there wasn’t anything you could do.” Eugene replies, “Of course you should have told me. I’m her mother.”

To make it easier for the parents and the sick baby, the filming ended after 10 hours.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/03/06/rohees-family-wraps-up-filming-in-10-hours-on-the-return-of-superman/

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, starfire182921 said:

ROS ratings is decreasing every week looks like its losing the popularity and are k-netz aren't interested anymore with the show?

ROS should think of new things to save the show:D

rating tros up & down ....now k- viewers really focus on   mask king & every week their snger trending .....

e111 160103 

13.8%

---------------

e112 160110

14.6%

-----------------

e113 160117

14.1 % 

-------------------

e114 160124 

15.7%

------------------

e115 160131

14.4% 

---------

e116 160207 

10.4% (lunar new year)

-----------

e117 160214 

13.7% 

----------------

e118 160221 

12.5%

--------------

e119 160228

11.8%

------------------

e120 160306 

10.4 %

• Like 3

Frog Prince Daebak Tries to Get a Kiss From His Princess On “The Return of Superman”

Frog Prince Daebak Tries to Get a Kiss From His Princess On “The Return of Superman”

During the March 6 broadcast of KBS 2TV‘s “The Return of Superman,” Lee Dong Gook along with his children Seol Ah, Soo Ah and Daebak, go to a Korean sauna, where they find an inner pool in the sauna during their visit.

Daebak enjoys himself at the pool in a safety tube, and even plays on the slide. Then, a girl around Daebak’s age appears at the pool.

daebak

When he sees his “girlfriend,” he walks over to her, wanting a kiss. The girl quickly turns her head, avoiding the unfamiliar Daebak, who becomes taken aback at the rejection.

daebak 2

Lee Dong Gook laughs while saying, “Daebak, you feel bad too right? You always do the same thing to Dad.” Daebak, who’s still reeling from the shock of being rejected, quickly leaves his spot, and ignores his sisters’ attempts to comfort him.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/03/06/frog-prince-daebak-tries-to-get-a-kiss-from-his-princess-on-the-return-of-superman/

• Like 4

2 hours ago, starfire182921 said:

ROS ratings is decreasing every week looks like its losing the popularity and are k-netz aren't interested anymore with the show?

What new things could they do? The whole point of the show is dad taking care of their kids. Once this season of the singer shows end we will see ratings go back up. People will warm up to the new families like always.

• Like 5

I don't think there's anything new that can "save the show" without changing it too much from its original premise: celebrity dads taking care of their kids. We know the triplets and SIK left, and so did some of their fans. That's understandable and to be expected. Since they voluntarily left, there's nothing to be done to reverse that. The show can only try to keep casting appealing families and putting them in entertaining settings. I don't think we'd want them to start doing over-the-top stunts for ratings, it would probably be too much of a change.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, starfire182921 said:

The show is still in double digit ratings. The ratings are still considered high so it doesn't need to "save the show". Plus its not going down as pointed out, the ratings has been up and down these past few weeks. But if you feel the show needs "saving" you can give your suggestions to the shows PD by leaving a message on KBS.com message board. That's how the K-netizens do it when they have something to complain about.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Now to this weeks show.

Soelah is becoming my favorite Lee Donggook child. I think she was smart to not let her dad crack the egg on her head knowing it hurt and instead she cracked her egg on her dad's head. Now that Lee Donggook's family has been on the show for awhile it seems that Soelah is more advance then her twin Sooah (such as Seojun is more advance then Soeoen). I noticed in most episodes Soelah takes the lead while Sooah follow such as stealing Daebak's baby bottle. Also in todays episode while Soelah finished her boiled egg Sooah is still trying to figure out how to peel the egg.

Lee Bomsoo's kids are so cute. Soeul is such a great big sister as she knew how to rent that stroller for Daeul at Lotte world. but it's funny that she was the one that got to ride in it. I noticed that Daeul's favorite plush toy is Loopy from the Pororo characters . It's cute that she's his favorite toy but I wondered what he did with her clothes. Below pic is how the actual toy looks like.

31i1iMyGAkL.jpg

Feel sorry for Lohee, hope she was ok. Her preview for next weeks episode looks interesting as she meets with babies her own age. 

Once again Seojun is up to his wisecracking. He seemed to really have inherited his dads personality. I wonder how he will be as an adult with his uncle's looks and his dads's personality. I couldn't stop laughing when it showed that Soejun will marry Kim Sook as Elsa. I'm happy for LHJ that so many dad's showed up to his function this time. He seemed genuinely happy that it was a success even taking pictures with everyone that showed up and personally writing name tags for everyone.

I skipped Sarang's part this week since I can't stand Kwanghee.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, HKong said:

The show is still in double digit ratings. The ratings are still considered high so it doesn't need to "save the show". Plus its not going down as pointed out, the ratings has been up and down these past few weeks. But if you feel the show needs "saving" you can give your suggestions to the shows PD by leaving a message on KBS.com message board. That's how the K-netizens do it when they have something to complain about.

Sorry to cut your post.

I agree with you. And I'm not badmouthing another show from another station, but they have been having single digit ratings for quite a long time, and there's no sign of cancellation of the show (or at least I've never read of one). So I don't think we have anything to worry about. Instead we need to show more support for the new families in the show. I love them all! <3 

Cheers!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Hani Aviel said:

Sorry to cut your post.

I agree with you. And I'm not badmouthing another show from another station, but they have been having single digit ratings for quite a long time, and there's no sign of cancellation of the show (or at least I've never read of one). So I don't think we have anything to worry about. Instead we need to show more support for the new families in the show. I love them all! <3 

Cheers!

Hi, I'm aware of which show you are talking about. The show has been in the really low single digits for a long time but the show generates money overseas that why it's still on. ROS is still one of the highest rated shows on Sunday's so I don't understand why some people think it is dying.

I guess SIK creating an Instagram account is not enough for some people. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, HKong said:

Hi, I'm aware of which show you are talking about. The show has been in the really low single digits for a long time but the show generates money overseas that why it's still on. ROS is still one of the highest rated shows on Sunday's so I don't understand why some people think it is dying.

I guess SIK creating an Instagram account is not enough. 

I'm cracking up inside rofl!
Shall we be friends? ^_^

• Like 6

On 3/7/2016 at 3:15 PM, HKong said:

Soelah is becoming my favorite Lee Donggook child. I think she was smart to not let her dad crack the egg on her head knowing it hurt and instead she cracked her egg on her dad's head. Now that Lee Donggook's family has been on the show for awhile it seems that Soelah is more advance then her twin Sooah (such as Seojun is more advance then Soeoen). I noticed in most episodes Soelah takes the lead while Sooah follow such as stealing Daebak's baby bottle. Also in todays episode while Soelah finished her boiled egg Sooah is still trying to figure out how to peel the egg.

I like Seola too... she's  a caring sister to Daebak. I remembered in the episode where Ki Tae Young samchoon was too busy to feed Daebak while taking care of all 4 kids including Lo Hee...Seola was the one who spoon fed Daebak. She made sure Daebak get to eat his noodle too. She was also the one who volunteered to put Daebakie's sock in the episode of making friends with dogs. She was always willing to help appa which i found very endearing. Sooah is getting prettier everyday and i think she was a lot more feminine and girlish than Seola. These 2 girls are just so adorable and smart for their age. It was always a joy to watch these 2 interacted which others and how they tried to teach Daebakie a thing or too. Daebak looks up to these 2 girls and listen to them well although lately Daebakie has been a little naughty :D

I'm not worried about the rating. Families come and go all the time in this show. Once you get used to it and welcome the new families the show become interesting again. Each family is unique in itself so each family and kids are interesting. Sometimes they repeat the kids mission like going to the grocery store and buying things on their own. Since each kids reacted differently to the same mission it did't get boring. I for one was so impressed with Seoeon when he was able to complete the shopping mission without anyone help. When he found that broccoli by solely remembering Ki Tae Young samchoon's instructions i was so touched. I always think Seojun is the smarter one of the two but sometimes Seoeon is full of his own surprises too.  I love how The Return of Superman always highlighted each kids quality and uniqueness.

• Like 8

@HKongagree  seolah  is  advanced  than  seoah  though  the  latter  is  somewhat  prettier  than  the  former.  also  i  noticed  that  seoah  is  slower  when  running  or  walking  than  seolah.  this  didn't  escape  the  attention  of  ldg    once  said  'you're  slow again  seoah'.  but  they  have  excess  energy  when  it  comes  to  pulling  pranks  and  naughtiness.  

re  eugene  being  informed  about  rohee's  illness,  of  course she  should  be  informed  since  she's  her  mother.  at  that  age,  rohee  needs  her  mother more.  it  is  a good  thing  they  stopped  filming  her  segment,  rohee's  health  is  more  important  than  meeting  filming  deadlines.

about ratings, it  is  understandable  that  ratings  would  go  down  because  the  triplets  and  as  well  as  their  fans  left  the  show.  but  give  it  some  time,  the  drop  in  the ratings  is  not  that  dramatic.  and  there  is  the  law  of  diminishing  returns, the audience  gets  tired  of  the  same  formula  and  this  is  where  the  creativity  of  the  writer  or  the  drama  producer  comes  in.  they  will  have  to  reinvent the  show,  add  more  features  as  the  market  might  just  get  tired  of  the current  concept..

• Like 4

Also during LDG part I noticed that besides Daebak they also focus on Seolah too. She may not be pretty to some but I think she's cute. She reminds me of Sulli from fx. Have any of you noticed that all of LDG's kids are really tanned like dark tanned except Daebak and Seolah. I started noticing in the recent episodes because it's winter. I use to think if was sun tanned but I think the two older twins and Sooah might have more of LDG's genes being naturally tanned.

LHJ updated his instagram. Looks like the twins have started preschool. 

• Like 7

Aww the twins are going to pre-school .... They are big boys now. Wish them luck and hope they made lots of friends there.

I found this video of LHJ dancing with Seojun desperately trying to stop him so hilarious hahahaha :lol:. It was uploaded by David his nephew who appeared on the show several times. Hwi Jae was such a fun and goofy dad.... a true comedian :lol:

• Like 7

Haha, that video of Hwi Jae and Seo Jun is so adorable. How many of us have felt just as embarrassed by our parents? No matter how famous, parents are always uncool to their kids.

I think SooAh is really pretty, and may end up the prettiest of Dong-Gook's daughters. She just has a sweet face. Her curly hair is also a big standout, and I hope it stays curly as she grows because it's so unusual. When Daebak was a smaller baby, he looked a lot like her, but as he grows a little less so. SeolAh looks a lot like her dad. I think she's actually so cute, especially with her current haircut, and her big personality makes her even more adorable. 

The episode in the bookstore really highlighted the difference in their personalities. SeolAh is very proactive and assertive. (From previous episodes, she also seems to be a good athlete.) While SooAh is a little more reactive, gentle, and reserved. You could see it in the way they each scolded Daebak, first when he was hitting with the toy cellphone and then when he made a mess in the store. In each case, SeolAh was very firm (Daebak, I told you not to make a mess!) while SooAh spoke in a softer manner (Daebak, you shouldn't do that.) It was really cute to see their different approaches to being a big sister.

• Like 5

I gave in and watched this show from 4 days ago and these kids blew me away with their cuteness level that I had to marathon watch what I could find from episode 70!

I’m just sad that I watched only to find out the Song triplets have just eexited the show *sigh* I’ve developed baby crush on Daehan! Luckily Seo Eon and Daebak are still on :) but I’m going to miss baby Daehan :tears:

• Like 6