[Drama 2013/2014] King's Daughter, Soo Baek Hyang 제왕의 딸, 수백향

pangia

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And for some reason, I can't really begrudge the writer for this type of ending given that the show was cut short...you guys might disagree but I think this is the best way to end it given the circumstances.

I would have loved to see a wedding scene just as much as everyone here but given the trajectory that the show went...I don't think it fits overall because in the 108 episodes...SN has always tried to push away the royalty title. I feel like it would have been too abrupt.

Now, had the show been given time to air all 120 episodes...I think that would have given the writer time to show us SN coming to terms on what she really wants. If she can give up on the village life and suck up the palace life to be with MN/CP.

So I think with this ending that we got...it gives CP/SN time to work on their relationship, 'start anew'...date for a while...and then later ease into that marriage life in the palace.

The fact that everything has been revealed to CP gives me a lot of hope because they have that mutual understanding now. There aren't any questions anymore. They're finally on the same page. So for that alone...I'm content with how it ended.

dj92 said: And for some reason, I can't really begrudge the writer for this type of ending given that the show was cut short...you guys might disagree but I think this is the best way to end it given the circumstances.

I would have loved to see a wedding scene just as much as everyone here but given the trajectory that the show went...I don't think it fits overall because in the 108 episodes...SN has always tried to push away the royalty title. I feel like it would have been too abrupt.

Now, had the show been given time to air all 120 episodes...I think that would have given the writer time to show us SN coming to terms on what she really wants. If she can give up on the village life and suck up the palace life to be with MN/CP.

So I think with this ending that we got...it gives CP/SN time to work on their relationship, 'start anew'...date for a while...and then later ease into that marriage life in the palace.

ngockhanh said:

Aloha, ngockhanh...Well, if you've take up residence in Fantasyville, then it's now Population 2 because I just joined you. Thanks for throwing that lifeline.It wasn't clear to me exactly what happened with JM. Did he split without saying good-bye? Does he know SN is his sister? Might there be a job opening in Kimun for a low-mileage prince?PS -- You're welcome re: exposition... not that I taught for very long, and it was ESL, which is a different kettle of fish. ;-)

Araminta Jouana said: andy78 said:I AGREE SO SHE REALLY WILL BE HIS QUEEN ISN'T SHE?
carmolita said:What the hell ! He says lets go SN and that's it ?!?! seriously ! They really should of given an hour for the final episode [-(
NewKDramaAddict said:I kept saying..maybe they will extend it! Even though I still loved the drama, I really felt ripped off!!

I have a 10% understanding of the conversation between SN/JM and the dream the SN had with FK....but I have to admit I bawled my eyes out....I just burst into tears the moment they showed those scenes because I was really hoping they'd give us those scenes. I wanted SN and JM to at least acknowledge that they were siblings even if they might not be able to go back to their friendly relationship before given what had already transpired. And I wanted one last scene with SN and FK given that SN wasn't even present when FK passed away and I don't think they showed her mourning either.

At first I was a little disappointed about that...but then I realized that maybe even the writer thought it was too much for SN. How many people has she already cradled in her arms as those people died? I don't think I would've been able to take it either if I saw her have another breakdown. So I think I'm okay that SN didn't get to see FK die like that. :(( :(( :((

NewKDramaAddict said: We are just a greedy bunch! I totally felt the closure between JM/SN; SH/JM, even Farty was taking care of sufficiently; MKC now had a name. Okay, at this stage, I wasn't horribly disappointed with the ending, I just wanted more. Here is hoping that the DVDs include a Director's Cut version which I will definitely purchase without a second thought in the hopes for the "more" I wanted.

NewKDramaAddict said: We are just a greedy bunch! I totally felt the closure between JM/SN; SH/JM, even Farty was taking care of sufficiently; MKC now had a name. Okay, at this stage, I wasn't horribly disappointed with the ending, I just wanted more. Here is hoping that the DVDs include a Director's Cut version which I will definitely purchase without a second thought in the hopes for the "more" I wanted.

dj92 said: NewKDramaAddict said: We are just a greedy bunch! I totally felt the closure between JM/SN; SH/JM, even Farty was taking care of sufficiently; MKC now had a name. Okay, at this stage, I wasn't horribly disappointed with the ending, I just wanted more. Here is hoping that the DVDs include a Director's Cut version which I will definitely purchase without a second thought in the hopes for the "more" I wanted.

dj92 said: I have a 10% understanding of the conversation between SN/JM and the dream the SN had with FK....but I have to admit I bawled my eyes out....I just burst into tears the moment they showed those scenes because I was really hoping they'd give us those scenes. I wanted SN and JM to at least acknowledge that they were siblings even if they might not be able to go back to their friendly relationship before given what had already transpired. And I wanted one last scene with SN and FK given that SN wasn't even present when FK passed away and I don't think they showed her mourning either.

At first I was a little disappointed about that...but then I realized that maybe even the writer thought it was too much for SN. How many people has she already cradled in her arms as those people died? I don't think I would've been able to take it either if I saw her have another breakdown. So I think I'm okay that SN didn't get to see FK die like that. :(( :(( :((

With all that said...I hope I can stand by my defense of the ending when the subs come out. :)) :)) :))

Why do I suddenly feel like I have SN's big sister syndrome (KDSBH=Seol Hee)....am I being overly lenient because I just can't cut ties with it? :))

As I was reading the precious recap by libby5602, I did not realize that libby's description that  SN and CP embracing was the last scene! I was waiting for further recap by Libby 5602!! By the way, I really appreciate Libby's recap and others' comments and pictures. You guys have done remarkable jobs. I am curious ;who is your avatar, Libby? 
Though I did not watch the drama on streaming, from what I read here, it sounds more like an open ended ending. Due to the unseen circumstance( being cut short), it is understandable to end this way... wait, no I do not understand the TV station's decision at all. They seem to make silly decisions sometimes and this is one of their mistakes. The following drama after SBH seems so cliche,,, they could have easily push back the next drama further and no one would complain about it.( well, at least from us in this thread)
 I would love to demand that they put some behind scenes and their wedding/romantic scenes in their DVD .( I hope they will produce the DVD) 

I felt an extra week is needed to complete this wonderful drama properly.  Its not that I am dissatisfied with the ending but there could have been a much better closure as we got roughly 1 minute of our OTP together felt short changed.  It feels complete, yet incomplete. Yes we know that SBH accepted his request to be with him as she is her mothers' daughter they love only once, yes he found out & by now understood her true reason for leaving him but most of us wanted to see how they all started anew.
Most of us agree that SH/JM has committed a lot of sins and should get punished including me.  However these 2 persons are in a lot of mutual pain especially to themselves in the form of self-hate. As a result the fact that they have realized this and are willing to pay for their sins in another way which gives a person a bit of hope as they pointed to us what the flower SBH means.

Here is my extra week of SBH 109-113

SH/JM leaving and going somewhere else to a place he has been stationed as per request in 103.  As it is now clear that SH is on the road to recovery and so with JM to guide her they can start over for the better.  JM telling MN to look after his sister as they all part with a likewise response.  TLD/SL/MKC/ MGG with (OTP 2 widow lady and son) hailing up their friends and making a decision whether to go or stay with SN with the new changes.  SBH/MN going to Kimun to get her become an adopted princess of the country hence the name change; an official proposal from MN to SBH under the new name; the arrival to Baekje, the mini wedding and honeymoon where  PG - 14 (highlight) he kisses the tattoos & her.  Ends with SN entering the hall the following day dressed as the Baekjes' queen beside MN.
Later for recaps

Archived