Kang Ha Neul 강하늘 ♥ [Movie 2023] Dream [Upcoming Drama 2024] Squid Game season 2

Go Seung Ji

*** IDK why the movie will be released at the end of this month since I believe that this period is traditionally dead time in movie releases. The movie will be released in SK on January 26. I know it was originally intended as a summer blockbuster but, it was postponed due to pandemic. I guess because of the Lunar NY holiday why they're aiming for this date. The movie looks so good, the poster and 1st preview got me so interested when before I was just not aware of this movie. I will be super sad if the movie sucks. The long official movie trailer continues to stimulate my interest. It looks like there's a high comedic energy across the board.

*** “The Pirates: The Goblin Flag” has unveiled its main poster! The main poster features representatives of three groups who are after the treasure: pirates, bandits, and rebels. Pirates are represented by pirate captain Hae Rang (Han Hyo Joo) and wannabe pirate Mak Yi (Lee Kwang Soo). Woo Moo Chi (Kang Ha Neul) represents the bandits and claims to be the best swordsman in Goryeo. Boo Heung Soo (Kwon Sang Woo) represents the rebels, who also set their sights on the lost treasure. The caption reads, “Whoever finds the lost treasure gets to keep it."  The movie also released a relationship chart between the principal characters in the movie. The pirates are represented in blue, the bandits in yellow, and the rebels in green. Hae Rang and Woo Moo Chi are at the center of the chart, and they have a mutual competitive relationship that is summed up in the phrase, “There can only be one leader.”  “The Pirates: The Goblin Flag” premieres on January 26. 

:kisslevel:

lee-kwang-soo-han-hyo-joo-kang-ha-neul-k

the-pirates-2.jpeg

credit : soompi news

*** I've watched KHN's latest movie "Waiting for Rain" - When first watching the trailer for this movie, I was definitely intrigued, but was also a little confused. To start off, the movie had lots of relatable moments, especially of nostalgia and childhood experiences. For example, there was a quote in the film that goes along the lines of this: “I thought it rained when God cried when I was young.” I found this to be totally relatable. Kang Ha-Neul, I feel like he fits very well with this “awkward,” “dorky,” role, like this movie. It’s just that I started to lose my attention as it progressed because I felt it got more serious, but also that there wasn’t any shocking or surprising parts that got me engaged.  I want something that surprises the audience and catches them off guard. With <Waiting for Rain>, I thought it was slightly disappointing that it didn’t have this. That’s why, it started to lose my attention.  Communication here is slow. And that’s why the movie takes a while to warm up to. But, I’ve watched this till the end because of KHN. He made his character much more relatable. There’s also a nice chemistry between young-ho and Soo-jin that lights up the screen. It makes it all the more heartbreaking when she later asks him the difference between the two relationships.  “Waiting for Rain” is a quiet story that pays rare tribute to patience – and that the reward lies not in the result of

its ending, but rather the love expressed through the wait.     :rubchin:

*** “The Pirates: The Goblin Flag” has unveiled its main poster! The main poster features representatives of three groups who are after the treasure: pirates, bandits, and rebels. Pirates are represented by pirate captain Hae Rang (Han Hyo Joo) and wannabe pirate Mak Yi (Lee Kwang Soo). Woo Moo Chi (Kang Ha Neul) represents the bandits and claims to be the best swordsman in Goryeo. Boo Heung Soo (Kwon Sang Woo) represents the rebels, who also set their sights on the lost treasure. The caption reads, “Whoever finds the lost treasure gets to keep it."  The movie also released a relationship chart between the principal characters in the movie. The pirates are represented in blue, the bandits in yellow, and the rebels in green. Hae Rang and Woo Moo Chi are at the center of the chart, and they have a mutual competitive relationship that is summed up in the phrase, “There can only be one leader.”  “The Pirates: The Goblin Flag” premieres on January 26. 

:popcornjackson:

lee-kwang-soo-han-hyo-joo-kang-ha-neul-k

the-pirates-2.jpeg

*** “The Pirates” has shared a fun glimpse behind the scenes of filming! KHN smiles tell me that he enjoyed filming. These behind-the-scenes photos capture the lively atmosphere on the movie set. Kang Ha Neul  looks serious as he discussed his scenes with the director. The photos also reveal just how well they got along off-camera. “The Pirates: Goblin Flag” will premiere on January 26. Looking

forward to watch this.     :wut:

Kang-Ha-Neul.jpeg

Lee-Kwang-Soo.jpeg

Lee-Kwang-Soo-Kang-Ha-Neul.jpeg

Spoiler

202201100818214537_2_20220110082604462.j

source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=117&aid=0003568375

(Movie Review) 'The Pirates,' swashbuckler with delightful action, quality visual effects

By Kim Boram

SEOUL, Jan. 13 (Yonhap) -- The upcoming Korean fantasy adventure "The Pirates: The Last Royal Treasure" is a typical fun and exciting pirate film that features the life of pirates with a ship, a crew and the wide, wild ocean without regard for the rules. It does not miss the dream of discovering buried treasure, as its subtitle says, along with mystery and supernatural occurrences.

It is a sequel to 2014's hit blockbuster "The Pirates," starring Son Ye-jin, Kim Nam-gil and Yoo Hae-jin, which attracted 8.6 million moviegoers with a star-studded cast and humor.

Set in the late 14th century when the Joseon Dynasty replaced the Goryeo Dynasty, the movie starts as Muchi (Kang Ha-neul), a bandit leader, and his gangs are rescued by pirate captain Haerang (Han Hyo-joo) and her crew.

While seizing a Japanese pirate ship, Haerang and Muchi are informed of a rumor that tons of royal treasures from the collapsed Goryeo Dynasty are concealed somewhere over the dangerous thunderbolt island. The two leaders join hands to search for the fabled riches.

But their journey to obtain the jewels is not rosy and calm, as Bu Heung-soo (Kwon Sang-woo), a militant rebel who dreams of becoming the king of a southern island with the fortune, disturbs them.

The two forces clash on their way to the treasure island, constantly offering amazing ship battles, swordfights, bloody struggles against a heavy sea or unseen monsters, and even some romance.

"The Pirates" is not far from a predictable and palpable film, as it has so many tropes and cliches that can be seen in Hollywood pirate movies, like the "Pirates of the Caribbean" series.

But it has enough twists and creative moments that are far better portrayed by quality visual effects than those from its 2014 predecessor.

The underwater sequences where the pirate crew swims through a group of small jellyfish to find a mysterious treasure map are colorful and bright enough to look like a fantasy animation.

The computer-generated thunderbolt island, a huge wave that almost capsizes Haerang's ship and waterspout-like fire pillars are also worth watching.

The performances of the actors complete the action-packed pirate movie. The last swordfight between Muchi and Bu Heung-soo under flashes of lightning is one of the highlights of the film.

Han Hyo-joo performs many challenging stunts in the rare female-fronted pirate film, proving that Haerang is not just a good-natured female caption, but also a highly-skilled fighter.

Lee Kwang-soo, a clumsy pirate who wants to become the captain of the rover, provides comfortable comedic and slapstick sequences that help "The Pirates" create the swashbuckling atmosphere and likely become solid family entertainment for the Lunar New Year holiday that starts on Jan. 29.

"The Pirates" will hit local screens on Jan. 26.

brk@yna.co.kr
(END)

credit : Yonhap News

6 Best Noona K-Dramas To Watch That Will Give You All The Feels

There's just something so endearing about K-Dramas that showcase different sides of love and break away from the often shown convention of Oppa or same-age couples. Noona K-Dramas are centered around the relationship between an older woman and a younger man as they experience the highs and lows of being in love and the many taboos that follow along. Some Noona K-Dramas also throw perspective on the many additional problems and questions women are often subjected to, from their social circles and from themselves as well. But eventually, love conquers all!

So here are 7 of our picks of the best Noona K-Dramas for you to binge! 

3. "When The Camellia Blooms" (2019)

When-the-Camellia-Blooms-Poster.jpg

Cast: Kang HaNeul, Kong HyoJin

Summary: Single-parent Dongbaek (Kong HyoJin), the owner of Camellia Bar in a small fictional neighborhood of Ongsan finds herself opening her heart and ridding her prejudices when a sweet police officer YongSik (Kang HaNeul) confesses his love for her. But things become dangerous when she becomes the next murder target of a serial killer.

Why you should watchThe drama's countryside setting sets it apart from other dramas on the list, making it a fulfilling watch. Along with its wholesome romance, the hint of thriller will keep you wanting more. 

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/6-best-noona-k-dramas-to-watch-that-will-give-you-all-the-feels/

***  On December 29, 2021, is a new collaboration between theaters & OTT platforms. "A YEAR-END MEDLEY," has  chosen to unwind from theaters and on TVing, an OTT platform, at the same time. The movie, which started at the top of the box office among Korean films released on the same day, began screening on up to 832 theaters in the first week of its release, ranking fifth in the box office according to the KOREA Box-office Information System (KOBIS)"A YEAR-END MEDLEY"  released simultaneously on the OTT platform TVing on the same day as the theater, topped the TVing movie rank on the day of its release. It sets a record for the ‘best box office hit of all time’ among TVing original movies. Based on these achievements, "A YEAR-END MEDLEY"  plans to release the extended version with 6 episodes during the Lunar New Year holiday at the end of January 2022 through Tving. The 138-minute film, which depicts 14 people who visit Hotel Emros with their own ‘love story,’ in an omnibus format, isn’t long enough to complete the whole story. So, to contain the rest of the stories untold in the film, the new version will be expanded into a series with ‘six parts.’ The six-part extended version is known to be 60 minutes longer than the original movie. It should be noted that it is the first experiment to produce a movie and a ‘series’ at the same time as well as simultaneous screening at theaters and on OTT.   :blush:

20220117111051a87834ce-4d1f-46f7-9771-c0

credit : http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/eng/news/features.jsp?pageIndex=1&blbdComCd=601013&seq=553&mode=FEATURES_VIEW&returnUrl=&searchKeyword=

*** Kang Ha Neul recently participated in an interview with News1 about his upcoming film “The Pirates: Goblin Flag.” He said, “I really enjoyed the first movie. There’s just something fun about the idea of becoming a pirate. I went to see ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ and ‘The Pirates’ before I’d even heard it was good, because I liked the concept. I like the adventure genre. When I read the script, I wanted to get on the pirate ship. I really admired the role of Hae Rang. I thought it would be fun to bicker back and forth with her.”  For his character, Kang Ha Neul changed up his look with an unusual hairstyle. “A transformation? I don’t know if you know ‘The Ruler of the Land’? There’s a character called Han Bi Kwang, and I was reminded of him. He’s good at fighting when it comes to fighting, but otherwise he’s kind of clumsy. But I wanted to show a more free-spirited and reckless side. I conferred with the hair and makeup team about the hair and the original idea was just long hair with long bangs. But I wanted to show more of that free spirit in his looks, so we had a lot of discussions, including shaving the whole head. The perm was the most difficult part of playing Moo Chi. I had to get a perm about once every two weeks, and each time took a long time, about three to four hours. It was really tough to go to the salon every two weeks and sit there for four hours. When I was filming, the perm was so tight that it wouldn’t get wet when I washed my hair. I had to force the water into my hair. At the end, my hair was falling off at the ends.”  About working with Han Hyo Joo, he said, “She was so good at playing Hae Rang that I had no difficulties. Instead, I had a lot of fun. I thought a lot about how to act so that if Hae Rang acted a certain way, this would appear natural and right. That’s why my character annoys Hae Rang a lot, and she saves me a lot.”  Kang Ha Neul and Han Hyo Joo had previously worked together on the film “C’est si bon.” He said, “I didn’t have a lot of scenes with her then. She was the muse of the trio in that movie. She was my muse, but I wasn’t anything to her. There weren’t a lot of scenes where we met. She had a lot of things to focus on in that movie, so I didn’t want to bother her or get in her way, so I just observed her from afar. After some amount of time, we met again on this project, and we matched really well. We matched well in conversations and discussions.”  In her own interview, Han Hyo Joo had said that she had wished Kang Ha Neul had complained more instead of throwing himself passionately into all his stunts. Kang Ha Neul laughed, “I complain a lot. She was just really nice about it. I’m grateful to her for saying that. Of course, I don’t think it’s a good thing to get hurt on set. I didn’t refuse to wear guards because I wanted to get hurt. Of course you should wear guards on set, but I really didn’t feel pain while doing action scenes. It was actually harder to pretend I was in pain when I wasn’t. I wanted to make that more realistic, so that’s why I did that. I didn’t do it to get hurt, and I didn’t get hurt. Han Hyo Joo practically lived at stunt school. I thought that was so cool. Whenever I saw her, she was working on syncing up her movements and getting her hand used to holding a sword. When I saw her working so hard, I thought that not only was Hae Rang cool, but Han Hyo Joo was really cool. She was always practicing on set, making sure her body didn’t get stiff, keeping herself warmed up so that she wouldn’t forget what she had practiced.”  Kang Ha Neul has an industry-wide reputation for being quintessentially kind, caring, thoughtful, and upright. “This is actually something people ask me a lot. A lot of people ask me, ‘Don’t you ever get tired?’ If I really worked hard to appear like that, if I had to work to do that, then I’m sure I’d get really stressed out. But I’m not really that kind. My goal is just to avoid having people frown because of me. I want people to have fun on set. Instead of causing me stress, it brings me joy. Of course, it would be a lie to say that I’m never stressed. I relieve stress by organizing my thoughts. I space out when I wake up in the morning and just before I go to bed at night. That doesn’t always relieve my stress per se, but it helps me a lot. It also motivates me to enjoy each day again. If I lived with the mindset, ‘I have to act like this to the people around me,’ it could stress me out. But I just live comfortably and act comfortably with other people, so I don’t really have a lot of stress about it. I also don’t really meet people outside of work. I’m a total homebody.”  

:7555_attack:

kang-ha-neul-3.jpeg

kang-ha-neul-1.jpeg

kang-ha-neul-2.jpeg

source : https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=421&aid=0005851466

(Yonhap Interview) Kang Ha-neul creates own clumsy pirate character through hairstyle in 'The Pirates'

By Kim Boram

SEOUL, Jan. 18 (Yonhap) -- In the upcoming action adventure movie "The Pirates: The Last Royal Treasure," actor Kang Ha-neul takes the role of Muchi, an offhand, troublemaking bandit leader who lives off an attractive, charismatic pirate captain, Haerang, after an unknown disastrous incident on land.

Dressed in shabby dirty clothes with shaggy hair, Muchi and his gang are regarded as good-for-nothing fellows on Haerang's ship, where all crew members are armed with special skills to survive a heavy sea.

He overly shows off his strength and power to fight against enemy pirates during naval battles but always proves that he is poor at handling maritime affairs, such as fighting aboard and, most importantly, swimming.

AEN20220118007300315_01_i_P4.jpg

"Muchi has extreme characteristics. He is very good at swordplay during a duel but turns clumsy after that," Kang said in an online media interview held Tuesday. "I wanted to make Muchi more unconventional and adventurous through his outfit and hairstyle."

"The Pirates" depicts the adventures of Muchi and Haerang, who look for tons of royal treasure from the collapsed Goryeo Dynasty. It boasts amazing ship battles, swordfights and bloody struggles against a heavy sea or unseen monsters, coupled with quality visual effects.

In an initial costume concept, Muchi was to have long curly hair with a bandana on his forehead, looking like a typical bandit leader or martial arts expert in Korean films.

During preproduction, however, the 31-year-old actor suggested he give his short hair an extra bit of volume to make it bushier and wear tough and ragged linen robes.

"I thought Muchi has to look clumsier or grubbier on the pirate ship as the humble appearance shows a sharp contrast with his secretive past," he said. "But that was not easy. I had to have my hair permed every two weeks. It was the most difficult thing I've experienced for this project."

Kang, a former up-and-coming stage actor, has emerged as one of the most sought-after actors in his 30s in the South Korean filming industry for his lucrative filmography that has won both critical acclaim and commercial success. He did the historical drama film "Dongju: The Portrait of A Poet" (2016) and hit TV series "Misaeng: Incomplete Life" (2014) and "When the Camellia Blooms" (2019).

Known as a happy virus among his colleagues and fans, he said he did not fear or hesitate to do a completely new thing.

For "The Pirates," he acted in front of a blue screen for the first time in his nearly 15-year acting career as it had many scenes with computer-generated visual effects.

"It was interesting taking shots with a blue backdrop. I was so curious about how this scene would be shown," he said. "After a few rounds of takes, I got familiar with this new experience and I liked it as it encouraged me to try audacious reactions without limit."

Kang said he is grateful that his latest movie has fixed its release date amid the protracted COVID-19 pandemic.

"I think I'm very lucky that my film will soon be shown in theaters, while so many Korean films are still waiting," he said. "I hope many movie fans come to theaters to see 'The Pirates' and other movies and help revive the cinema industry as a whole."

"The Pirates" will hit local screens on Jan. 26, days before the Lunar New Year holiday that starts on Jan. 29.

brk@yna.co.kr
(END)

credit : Yonhap News

• Blob 1

Kang Ha-neul Expects Good Chemistry with Han Hyo-joo in Pirate Adventure

Actor Kang Ha-neul will show an unexpected side of himself as he plays a heroic bandit leader in his latest film "The Pirates: The Last Royal Treasure," the sequel to the 2014 film "The Pirates."

He explained why he decided to take on the role in an interview on Tuesday before the action adventure film hits theaters on Jan. 26.

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/img_dir/2022/01/19/2022011901089_0.jpg Kang Ha-neul

"I like adventure films like 'Pirates of the Caribbean' and 'The Pirates.' I saw 'The Pirates' as soon as it was released.

Besides my character, I found the opposing character [of an attractive, charismatic pirate captain played by actress Han Hyo-joo] so cool. I thought their chemistry would make the film so interesting," he said.

The film reunites Kang with Han, who co-starred with him in the 2015 romance film "C'est Si Bon."

"Shooting 'C'est Si Bon,' we didn't appear in many scenes together. In the film, her role was a muse, so my character didn't mean anything to hers. I couldn't even try to be friends with her for fear that I would distract her from immersing herself in the role. But when we worked together this time, we hit it off instantly and got along really well."

Kang has been increasingly busy since completing his military service in May 2019. "Serving in the military was a very productive time for me. I read a lot of books and reflected on myself a lot. I came to believe more firmly that living a life is nothing great. All you need to do is just do your best in what you have to do," he said.

"It's just fortunate in this time [of the pandemic] for a film to get a theatrical release. Many films haven't had a chance to be screened in theaters," he added. "When I saw 'Spider-Man: No Way Home' becoming a hit recently, it was a relief to know that people still want to see good films in theaters."

credit : Chosun Ilbo

• Blob 1

*** Kang Ha Neul shared candid stories during an interview for his upcoming movie The Pirates: The Last Royal Treasure. He said : “It’s a look I came up with after much pondering so that I could give off the free-spirited and reckless vibe,” he shared. “At first, he had ordinary long hair, but I came to this decision to give off the more ‘crazy’ feeling. I even thought of shaving my head for the role.  Our team had such great chemistry. We had so much fun and laughed all the time,” he relayed. “There are lots of different characters in the movie. So if I tried to do something different from my fellow actors, the harmony would have broken. So acting exactly as the script says was important. Having fun while filming is the most important. if you have fun on the set, the harmony is already there.”  He also opened up about who he is as a person.  “I always say this, but I’m not kind.” He continued, “I have one goal: I hope no one frowns because of me. I never try to be kind or nice. I just simply try to be fun at the filming sites.”  Kang Ha Neul also shared what he does when he feels stressed.  “I’d be lying if I said I have no stress at all. But if I do feel like I’m stressed, I never try to relieve them by force. I just have some time to organize my thoughts after waking up in the morning."  He was asked what goal does he have for this year. “My goal is to have fun in all my projects. My thoughts have become more solid while serving in the military. There’s nothing so special about living. And having fun in every work I do comes first.” 

Meanwhile, The Pirates: The Last Royal Treasure will be released on the 26th.   :heart2:

unnamed-5-1536x1024.jpg

0000525524_001_20220118120801562.jpg?typ

source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=312&aid=0000525524

• Blob 1

*** According to figures released by KOFIC, "The Pirates: Goblin Flag" is leading all other films in terms of early reservations at the South Korean box office. The movie alongside Kingmaker are the only two major releases for January 26th. I hope "The Pirates" will dominate film sales for the Lunar New Year holiday.  :heart3:

source : Hancinema

• Blob 1

*** Recently, Kang Ha Neul sat down for an interview with the press. He shared that the fact of him being an introvert and homebody prevents him from getting stress. During the interview, he was asked what he thought of his public image being 'kind'. He answered, "First, I'm not really that kind. I don't try too hard or pretend to be nice to people though. I only have one goal when it comes to the way of living my life, and it is to make sure nobody frowns because of me. I believe there are more fun things in life than stressful things. But it would be a lie to say that I don't get stressed at all. I'm a human-being just like everyone else, you know.  How do I relieve my stress? Well, I don't really try to relieve it, consciously. However, I do like to spend some time zoning out in the morning. I organize my thoughts then. It's a motivation for me to have a good day as well.  If I lived with a mindset that 'I have to behave like this and that in front of everybody.', then I might get stressed, but I don't think like that. That's probably one of the reasons why I don't have such big stress in me.  Also, I don't meet and hang out with people much. I pretty much only meet people at filming sites. That way, I can kind of distant myself even more from getting stress.  I'm usually at home. When I'm out, it's generally for filming. I'm a total introvert as well as

homebody."        :rubchin:

201630124_1280.jpg

201630122_1280.jpg

201630123_1280.jpg

source : SBS Star

*** "The Pirates" will hit local theaters next week ahead of the upcoming Lunar New Year holiday. It will open Wednesday, three days before the five-day Lunar New Year holiday begins. The first day of the new year based on the lunar calendar falls on Feb. 1 this year. It is the first time once again that a Korean flick will go head-to-head ahead of the Lunar New Year holiday. In Korea, it's regarded as a high season for the local cinema scene as blockbuster movies compete is before the spring season. I'm concerned that the rapid spread of the omicron variant might hurt the movie. I hope it won't, though. Last year when the Lunar New Year fell in mid-February, most big-name films postponed theatrical releases due to a resurgence in COVID-19 cases. Good luck!   :7555_attack: