Kang Ha Neul 강하늘 ♥ [Movie 2023] Dream [Upcoming Drama 2024] Squid Game season 2

Go Seung Ji

[SBS Star] Kang Ha Neul·Kang So-ra·Chun Woo Hee's New Movie Wraps Up Filming

201448348_1280.jpg

Actor Kang Ha Neul and actresses Kang So-ra, Chun Woo Hee's upcoming movie has successfully wrapped up its filming. On July 8, the production team of an upcoming movie 'Story of You and the Rain' (literal translation) shared photos from their last filming day. Story of You and the RainStory of You and the RainThe team kicked off the filming on March 23 and completed production in approximately three months on July 4. 'Story of You and the Rain' tells the special and warm story of youths finding change and growth of their mundane life by exchanging letters. Story of You and the RainKang Ha Neul said, "I decided to join this movie because I think it will be a serene story that will stay in people's heart for a long time. I think I will also hold the emotions I felt while working on this film for a long time." Kang So-ra said, "It is a lovely and emotional story. It almost felt like I was living in memories from 17 years ago, and it was a little sad to come back to reality."

Meanwhile, 'Story of You and the Rain' is expected to hit the theaters in 2021.

(Credit= KIDARI

Jung So Min Reveals What She Found “Scary” About Kang Ha Neul When They Starred Together In “Twenty”

e06b5d3000404c648f4a7ce9767c7649.jpeg?s=

Jung So Min has shared why her “Twenty” co-star Kang Ha Neul made a particularly strong impression on her back in the day!

On July 10, Jung So Min appeared as a guest on the SBS Power FM radio show “Kim Young Chul’s PowerFM,” where she chatted about her recent drama “Fix You.”

The actress spoke fondly of the drama and her character in it, remarking, “I haven’t gotten over the drama yet, so I’m still slowly making my way out of its world. I’m working hard to move on. I can sometimes take up to several months to [fully get over an acting project]. I think it’s comparatively easier for me to move on when the character is similar [to my real-life personality].”

Jung So Min also talked about her 2015 film “Twenty” and the friendships she formed with her co-stars. “I appeared in the movie together with Kim Woo Bin, Kang Ha Neul, and 2PM’s Junho,” she said. “We’re all the same age. I made great friends [during filming], and I also became good friends with the director. It was a lot of fun having so many friends on set who were the same age as me.”

She went on to recall that she had been awed by co-star Kang Ha Neul, explaining, “Back then, Kang Ha Neul gave me the impression that ‘this is a scary person.’ Because he was so strict in terms of self-discipline and self-management. I was really impressed by him.”

Jung-So-Min-Kim-Young-Chul.jpg

Watch Jung So Min in “Fix You” with English subtitles below!

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

10 Solid Korean Films To Watch On A Summer Night

There’s nothing like lounging around, eating snacks, and watching a good movie on a beautiful summer night. If you want to kick back and put on a solid Korean movie, here’s a look at just ten that might tickle your fancy.

6. “Midnight Runners”

midnight-runners.jpg

“Midnight Runners” stars Park Seo Joon as Ki Joon and Kang Ha Neul as Hee Yeol. The two characters are training to become police officers and are not exactly the most qualified for the job. The two start off despising each other but then quickly become best friends. When they eventually become police officers, they find themselves witnessing a crime, so they take it upon themselves to solve the case.

midnight-runners1.gif

If you’re looking for a little bromantic action, “Midnight Runners” has exactly what you would want and more. Seeing the budding romance between Ki Joon and Hee Yeol is so adorable and fun to watch. You’ll fall in love with both of them! Their hilarious antics and ability to have such good chemistry are so entertaining and the perfect mood maker for a summer night.

Watch “Midnight Runners” now:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

*** TH Company, management agency of Kang Ha Neul and other actors, launched its Instagram account on July 11. The agency can now be reached through its new social media account aside from its website. As of writing, there is no uploaded photo nor video on its account yet.  Fans can search the account by typing the username @th_company1101 or clicking here. :blush:

• 2 weeks later...

8 K-Drama Celebs Who Starred In K-Pop Music Videos Before They Were Super Famous

If you've been a K-drama fan for a while now, then you're probably already familiar with a couple of Korean actors and actresses who rose to fame after starring in popular and beloved dramas. Avid Hallyu fans will be surprised and amazed to find out that, before they rose to fame for their K-drama acting chops, a handful of today's top actors and actresses had their ~humble beginnings~ as stars in K-pop music videos. Here's a few you may have spotted: 

6. Kang Ha Neul

You might know him from: Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo (2016), When The Camellia Blooms (2019)

He also appeared in: Epik High's "Lost One" music video (2017)

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/kdrama-actors-actresses-starred-in-kpop-mvs-sa2513-20200723-src-candy?ref=home_feed_1

14 Lead K-Drama Actors Who Look Hella Good In Uniform

Ah, the wonderful blessing of being able to see our favorite actors in uniform. That put-together, crisp look is something we can never get enough of, which is why this feature is so necessary and worth the look through.

Here’s a look at just 14 of the many K-drama actors who look hella good in uniform.

(List is in no particular order)

Police Officer/Detective Uniform

Kang Ha Neul

kang-ha-neul.jpg

Kang Ha Neul has also played the cop role in various K-dramas and movies, but the one that really comes to mind is his role as the outgoing and determined Hwang Yong Sik in “When the Camellia Blooms.” He was not only a character who was adorably head over heels in love with the single mom Dong Baek (Gong Hyo Jin), but he was also a police officer who was passionate about keeping his small town safe.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

The One Time Kang Ha Neul And Park Seo Joon Appeared On “Running Man” And All The Female Staff Were Smitten

h4dvH7yjx_HrrjlmgoReIKAiDPfaiA08fp-2bhuK

Kang Ha Neul and Park Seo Joon are both known for their acting chops and handsome faces. It was no surprise that they would have a great impact on girls! The two went on an episode of the hit variety show, Running Man, in 2017.

That day, the other cast teased actress Jeon So Min for dressing up specially for the day.

LINK here : Koreaboo

https://www.koreaboo.com/rewind/kang-haneul-park-seojoon-running-man-female-staff-reaction-jeon-somin/

*** When the Camellia Blooms" is one of the dramas nominated in the 15th Seoul International Drama Awards. And Kang Ha Neul is also nominated in the Best Actor in mini-series category. The 15th Seoul International Drama Awards will be held on September 10 at MBC Media Center Public Hall, without an audience. The awards ceremony will be held via live streaming, and MBC’s recording will air at 3 p.m. on Tuesday, September 15.

15th-Seoul-International-Drama-Awards-Lo

15th-Seoul-International-Drama-Awards-2.

15th-Seoul-International-Drama-Awards-he

15th-Seoul-International-Drama-Awards-he

credit : Hellokpop

Kang Ha Neul Explains Why He Enjoys The Homebody Lifestyle

8f8d401970cb44b09afb93544893e6d1.jpeg?s=

Kang Ha Neul recently teamed up with home-cooked meal brand Hatbahn for a pictorial with 1st Look magazine!

In the newly released photos, Kang Ha Neul poses brightly on a homebody-themed set that fittingly reflects aspects of the quarantine imposed by the coronavirus pandemic.

Kang-Ha-Neul-3.jpegKang-Ha-Neul-1.jpeg

Kang Ha Neul commented on the similarities between the photo shoot and his typical homebody lifestyle, saying, “In real life, I’m the type of person who never really leaves the house.”

He explained, “When I’m not working on a project, I just stay at home doing virtually nothing. I just do yoga and read. I tend to be able to think more often and more freely when I’m alone, so I enjoy staying home.”

Kang Ha Neul was later joined by child actor Kim Joon, who recently appeared in “Hospital Playlist.”

Kang-Ha-Neul-2.jpeg

Spoiler

Kang-Ha-Neul-4.jpeg

Early last month, Kang Ha Neul wrapped up filming for his upcoming film “Story of You and the Rain,” which is set to premiere sometime in 2021.

Watch Kang Ha Neul in “Traveler 2” here!

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

Kang Ha Neul: “I Actually Love Being At Home”

pjimage.jpg

And who does not want to stay at home with Kang Ha Neul?

Our favorite neighborhood police from When The Camellia Blooms recently had a pictorial interview with fashion magazine 1st Look.

Taking a quirky concept, the photos showcases pictures of daily life that has since changed owing to the pandemic situation.

Bursting in colors, the photos of Kang Ha Neul show off his flirtatious smile and mischievous vibe.

kang-ha-neul-1st-look-a.jpg
kang-ha-neul-1st-look-b.jpg
kang-ha-neul-1st-look-e.jpg

In the accompanying interview, the actor confessed to have been a homebody in real life. He likes being at home because when he’s alone, he feels free to think more.

“When I don’t have work, I do almost nothing at home. I just do yoga or read a book,” Kang Ha Neul said.

One of the preview photos flaunts the actor’s flexibility. Another photo evokes endearing mood as he poses with child actor Kim Joon from Hospital Playlist.

More of Kang Ha Neul’s pictorial-interview content can be viewed on 1st Look’s social media channels.

Source: Sports Donga

https://sports.donga.com/ent/article/all/20200806/102326153/1

Photos: 1st Look

• 2 weeks later...

*** I'm glad that KHN & Park Seo Joon will have special reunion in the latter's film, "Dream". Kang Ha Neul’s agency, TH Company confirmed that he will be making a special cameo appearance in the upcoming film. This is exciting. He will appear in the film for free as he knows director Lee Byung Hun, Park Seo Joon, and IU. Awww.....that would be very nice! He worked with the director in the film “Twenty,” appeared in the drama “Scarlet Heart: Goryeo” alongside IU. & he also starred in the film “Midnight Runners” with Park Seo Joon. "Midnight Runners" is such an AMAZING movie. The upcoming film is set to premiere next year, 2021. I absolutely can't wait... :blush:

Kang Haneul Confirmed to Make a Cameo Appearance on Upcoming Film 'Dream' Featuring Park Seojoon, IU, Lee Hyunwoo, and More

large_90897d4579534261ba71fc31b3e384808d

The actor has once again shown his loyalty to his friends.

According to reports on August 19th, Kang Haneul has been confirmed to make a special cameo appearance on the upcoming film 'Dream.' As you know, 'Dream' features Park Seojoon, IU, and Lee Hyunwoo as the main actors. Kang Haneul is close to all of the three main actors in the drama. He worked together with Park Seojoon in the movie 'Midnight Runners,' with IU in 'Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo,' and with Lee Hyunwoo in the drama 'To the Beautiful You.'

1597811513193-0.jpg

'Dream' tells the story of a team of people trying out for the 'Homeless World Cup,' an annual international soccer event. The film will be helmed by movie director Lee Byeonghun who directed the 2019 box office hit 'Extreme Job' as well as the 2019 romantic comedy series, 'Be Melodramatic.'

Thumbnail Credit: The Qoo, SBS

source : https://www.kstarlive.com/news/2020/08/19/kang-haneul-confirmed-to-make-a-cameo-appearance-on-upcoming-film-dream-featuring-park-seojoon-iu-lee-hyunwoo-and-more-375261

[SBS Star] Kang Ha Neul to Reunite with IU & Park Seo Jun Through 'Dream'

201462677_1280.jpg

Actor Kang Ha Neul has been confirmed to make a special cameo appearance on the upcoming film 'Dream'. On August 19, it was reported that Kang Ha Neul will be joining singer/actress IU and actor Park Seo Jun's new film 'Dream' as a cameo. Kang Ha Neul previously worked together with both of them; the 2016 drama 'Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo' with IU and the 2017 movie 'Midnight Runners' with Park Seo Jun.

201462674_1280.jpg

201462676_1280.jpg

According to reports, the actor has decided to join 'Dream' as he is not only close to IU and Park Seo Jun, but also to the film's director Lee Byung-hun. 'Dream' tells the story of an amateur soccer team consisting of players who have no experience in playing soccer.

Park Seo Jun will take the role of 'Yoon Hong-dae', a professional soccer player who ends up becoming a coach of the soccer team. IU will play the role of 'Lee So-min', a documentary producer who dreams of becoming big by filming a documentary of the soccer team's success. The film is expected to hit the theaters some time in 2021.

(Credit= MEGABOX PLUS M, SBS, SBS funE) (SBS Star)

https://news.sbs.co.kr/news/endPage.do?news_id=N1005937820

Kang Ha Neul to reportedly appear in upcoming film, “Dream,” reuniting with Park Seo Jun and IU

PicsArt_08-19-09.21.45.jpg?resize=1024,5

Kang Ha Neul to reunite with Midnight Runners co-star Park Seo Jun and Scarlet Heart Ryeo co-star IU in upcoming film, Dream!

The actor was reported to appear in the new movie, Dream, on August 19 stating that he is already done filming his scenes for it.

However, there is no confirmation yet regarding this matter from Kang Ha Neul himself or from his agency, TH Company.

Still, the news already draw attention from many fans, looking forward to his reunion with fellow stars.

Dream already started filming last May after its script reading in the same month and expected to be released this 2021.

It is a movie about the life of soccer player, Yoon Hongdae (played by Park Seo Joon), who experienced an incident that will change his career.

Stay tuned for more details!

Source (and photo credits): (.)

https://annyeongoppa.com/2020/08/19/kang-ha-neul-to-reportedly-appear-in-upcoming-film-dream-reuniting-with-park-seo-jun-and-iu/

Info posted by kanghaneulorg (Instagram) : 

While it was officially announced that filming wrapped up on 4 July, there were actually additional scenes that have not been filmed yet due to the extended summer monsoon season.

Filming was planned on 20-21 August, however, due to the sudden surge in COVID-19 cases in South Korea which lead to government measures being enforced to prevent the spread of the virus, the production company decided that filming should temporarily be suspended.

Melodrama film "Rain and Your Story" stars Kang HaNeul and Chun WooHee. Kang Sora also appears in a supporting role. Release is foreseen in 2021.

Source: Sports Chosun    

More dramas and films have halted production in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19.

With the recent resurgence of the virus, many celebrities have been undergoing COVID-19 exams, and actors such as Kim Won Hae and Heo Dong Won have tested positive for it.

(..)

The film “Story of You and the Rain,” starring Kang Ha Neul, Chun Woo Hee, and Kang Sora, wrapped up filming last month. However, they had additional filming planned but decided to put a pause on it due to the pandemic. Hwang Geun Ha, the CEO of distribution company Azit Film shared, “We started shooting last March and finished filming in early July. However, on August 20 and 21, we had planned additional filming of a past scene played by child actors in a small neighborhood in Hwaseong, Gyeonggi, but we voluntarily withdrew because of the current situation.”

Hwang Geun Ha added that they will consider filming in September and explained they made the decision, regardless of the extra cost, because filming could affect the residents. Regarding the premiere date, he commented, “We are planning to release it at the end of December, but due to the current situation, the exact timing of the release will have to wait until after Chuseok (the Korean equivalent of Thanksgiving).”

(..)  

https://www.soompi.com/article/1420866wpp/more-films-and-dramas-postpone-filming-due-to-ongoing-covid-19-pandemic  

https://www.soompi.com/article/1421434wpp/son-ye-jin-and-kang-ha-neul-in-talks-to-lead-new-historical-drama
Son Ye Jin And Kang Ha Neul In Talks To Lead New Historical Drama

by S. Nam | Aug 25, 2020

0F3F268F-8989-4DC3-A51A-35553BE42FB1.png

Son Ye Jin and Kang Ha Neul may be returning with a historical drama!

On August 25, Sports Seoul reported that Son Ye Jin is currently in talks to star in the drama “Cut by the Heart” (literal title). The upcoming historical drama will be about the tragic love story between Princess Pyeonggang, who uses On Dal’s feelings to her advantage, and On Dal, who makes foolish sacrifices. Son Ye Jin is in talks to star as Princess Pyeonggang.

Following reports, a source from Son Ye Jin’s agency MS Team Entertainment shared, “It’s one of the projects she has received offers for, and nothing is decided yet.” They continued, “Currently, Son Ye Jin is fine-tuning the details for her next project, the Hollywood film ‘Cross.’”

Directed by Andrew Niccol, “Cross” will be set in the future in a multiracial country divided into two nations, one of which is wealthy and one of which is impoverished. Son Ye Jin will be playing the role of Vera, a tough single mother who lives near the border in the impoverished nation. She will be starring opposite to Sam Worthington, who is well known for his role in “Avatar.”

If Son Ye Jin accepts the offer to star in “Cut by the Heart,” it will be her first historical drama since SBS’s “The Great Ambition” in 2002. Previously, Son Ye Jin also starred in the historical films “The Pirates” in 2014 and “The Last Princess” in 2016. With her performance in “The Last Princess,” Son Ye Jin swept many awards through the Grand Bell Awards, Blue Dragon Film Awards, Korean Film Producers Association Awards, Korean Association of Film Critics Awards, Film Award of the Year, and the Baeksang Arts Awards.

The same day, it was also reported that Kang Ha Neul was cast as On Dal the main character of ‘Cut by the Heart.’ Following the report, a source from TH Company stated, “Kang Ha Neul has received an offer to star in the new drama ‘Cut by the Heart’ and is reviewing it.”

On Dal is a character who lives in a hut in the woods with his mother. He has always been curious about the outside world, and even though he knows his mother will be angry, he makes his way to the market in the village. There he meets Princess Pyeonggang for the first time. One day, Princess Pyeonggang comes to his hut, stating that she will live with him, and she teaches him martial arts as well as how to read and write.

“Cut by the Heart” will be produced by Victory Contents, and it is reportedly helmed by producing director (PD) Yoon Sang Ho, who worked on SBS’s “Saimdang, Light’s Diary,” MBC’s “Different Dreams,” and TV Chosun’s “King Maker: The Change of Destiny.”

Source (1) (2)