Kang Ha Neul 강하늘 ♥ [Movie 2023] Dream [Upcoming Drama 2024] Squid Game season 2

Go Seung Ji

Burning, A Tale of Two Sisters & more: 4 Korean psychological thriller movies that will mess with your head

From the land of incredible story-telling, we’re bringing you some amazing psychological thriller recommendations. Check them out here.

With ‘Parasite’ and ‘Minari’ gaining recognition from the US movie industry, it’s finally time to put certain South Korean movie gems out into the open. Remember Netflix’s Dark that suddenly shot to fame because of how incredibly detailed and mind-boggling it was? Well, that’s why we’re taking a detour from cheesy rom coms and ambitious stories to something more intense, something that will showcase the beautiful craft of Korean writers and directors. 

Majorly known for K-Pop, KDramas and KBeauty, movies generally rank fourth or fifth on the list of things that are widely known about the South Korean entertainment industry. Having said that, Korea has given the world some of the most classic and precious movie gems that are even taught in film school across the world. As a Korean culture enthusiast would know, whatever genre the writers set their heart upon, they turn them out to be something absolutely incredible. 

So today, we’re giving you top psychological thrillers that will have you thinking about the movie’s storyline, long after it’s over. And might as well want you to actually google the explanation! Some of these movies are ultimate classics that you should definitely watch! 

Forgotten (2017)

Directed by Jang Hang Jun, this 2017 thriller keeps the fog of mystery alive throughout its runtime. The plot is as straightforward as it is complicated, but maybe that’s the foundational basis of this genre. Jin Seok (Kang Ha Neul) leads an ideal life with his parents and a brother. 19 days after he gets kidnapped, his brother suddenly reappears, none the worse for the ordeal. Soon enough, Jin Seok starts to notice weird changes in the family’s behaviour, unable to put a finger on it. We follow as he tries to find the truth about the abduction, when he gets exposed to a lethal secret. What will happen? Does he make it out alive? Well, give the movie a try to find out more.   

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/burning-tale-two-sisters-more-4-korean-psychological-thriller-movies-will-mess-your-head-692900

1 hour ago, sky5joyous said:

@sky5joyous, thanks for sharing the video that he'll be the next guests on tvN’s “Amazing Saturday”! I didn't know that he loves rock ballads, which he shared here. This episode will air on April 17 at 7:40 p.m. KST. Can't wait! :please:

*** Kang Ha-neul’s 1st still image is seen reading a letter with the biggest grin on his face. The second image shows him drinking coffee on a winter night, & this time with a worried expression on his face. In the last image, he is seen wearing overall and painting something. The film will hit local theaters in South Korea on April 28. :loveu:

Upcoming movie "Endless Rain" has dropped still images

Kang-Ha-neul-in-Endless-Rain-1.jpg

Kang-Ha-neul-in-Endless-Rain-2.jpg

photos source https://sports.donga.com/ent/article/all/20210408/106306456/1

Spoiler

15 hours ago, sky5joyous said:

Reveal hidden contents

@sky5joyous, thanks for sharing the videos. I'm glad that Kang Sora has a special appearance in “Story of You and the Rain” as Soo Jin, a fellow student at Young Ho’s cram school. So NICE of her to give support to Kang Ha Neul where they worked together before in “Misaeng.”  Kang Ha Neul described her as, “She has no hesitation in approaching people for the first time.”  “Story of You and the Rain” premieres on April 28. Looking forward to this movie. :heart2:

11 K-Drama Actors Who Are Also In Musical Theater

3515350fb3ed4e6a9af5fd960504e78d.jpeg?s=

Sometimes you come across an actor in a particular K-drama that really tickles your fancy. After doing some digging, you realize that this person can actually sing really well, and with even more digging, you discover that they have a history in musicals. Many actors are jack of all trades when it comes to entertainment and talent! Here are 10 actors who were or are still active in musicals.

Disclaimer: No idol actors were included on this list. 

3. Kang Ha Neul

kang-ha-neul-4.jpeg

Kang Ha Neul’s singing ability definitely comes from the likes of his father, who is a well-known folk musician. He grew up singing and learning the guitar, so it was only natural for him to get into musical theater! His most notable appearances were in the musicals “Thrill Me,” “Prince Puzzle,” and “Assassins.” Somewhere along the line, he decided to make the shift into dramas and it was pretty effortless as a result of his incredible acting talent. Despite this, he could not get away from the world of musicals. He was also part of one when he served in the military along with Ji Chang Wook and INFINITE’s Sunggyu.

Here he is as Paldo in the musical he was part of for Shinheung Military Academy:

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

Funny Interview of Kang Haneul & Chun Woohee   about of their career and their new movie "WAITING for RAIN" 

ENGLISH SUBTITLES for this video TOMORROW !! 

*** Yesterday, April 20 the film “Story of You and the Rain” held a press conference.  Kang Ha Neul said in the presscon that the only reason he agreed to do the film was because the script is really good. He also said that year 2003 takes up most of the time in the movie. “Story of the You and the Rain” premieres on April 28. :heart1:

kang-ha-neul.jpeg

202104201612256710_1.jpg

202104201612256710_2.jpg

Uhm Ki Joon, Jo Jung Suk & more: 6 K Drama actors you didn’t know are a part of musical theatres

Ever wondered what made these great actors fit flawlessly into their roles? It’s because they’ve been a part of many, many musical theaters! Check out the whole list below.

feature_musical_main_wm.jpg?itok=rJEwQ2w

With Korean industry housing some of the best talent in the world, it's not surprising to find the vast array of work they have done. With actors being adept at moulding themselves to different genres, it might not be unusual to have missed out on some wonderful works by incredible actors! Especially, when the genre is something totally different from the usual work. Like musicals!

Rather than practicing the lives and having the advantage to do retakes, musicals are live performances where one’s pain, sorrow, happiness or any other emotion is portrayed through singing, dancing and spoken dialogue.

Certainly not easy and not a medium where you can have retakes, musical theatricals aren’t everyone’s cup of tea. But you know for a fact that an actor who can do theatres and musicals, is definitely filled with talent.

Here, we’re bringing you some actors who have and still do musicals. Take a look at the finest K Drama actors who you didn’t know were a part of musicals too! 

Kang Ha Neul

Music flows in his blood and it definitely shows! Being the son of a famous musician, it’s not surprising that Kang Ha Neul has such a high skill set. He started his career with musical plays such as ‘Thrill Me’, ‘Prince Puzzle’ and ‘Black Mary Poppins’. Till now, he has played key roles in famous works such as ‘C’est si bon’, ‘Scarlet Heart: Goryeo’, ‘Midnight Runners’, and theatre production ‘Fantasy Tale’ in 2020. Even though he has stepped into the drama world, he still takes part in musicals. 

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/uhm-ki-joon-jo-jung-suk-more-6-k-drama-actors-you-didn-t-know-who-are-part-musical-theatres-705826

*** Kang Ha-neul and Kim Kang Hoon after  'When the Camellia Blooms' were reunited in 'Radio Star'. The latter acted as Kang Pil-guike, an 8-year-old boy who plays baseball who is trying to protect his mother.The show airs at 10:30 p.m. KST every Wednesdays. Their episode will be broadcast tonight, April 21. :heart2beat:

20210420130511267mglh.jpg

photo source : https://k-star-holic.blogspot.com/2021/04/kang-ha-neul-x-kim-kang-hoon-met-at.html

Kang Ha Neul And Chun Woo Hee Share How Their New Romance Film Took Them Back To The Past 

On April 20, the new romance film “Story of You and the Rain” (literal title) held a press conference with Kang Ha Neul, Chun Woo Hee, and director Jo Jin Mo.

“Story of You and the Rain” is about the romance between Young Ho (Kang Ha Neul) and So Hee (Chun Woo Hee), who become each other’s sources of comfort through the connection of a chance letter. The movie has an “analog” vibe through its depiction of the exchange of handwritten letters rather than phone calls or text messages.

Kang Ha Neul said, “There was only one reason I agreed to do the film. The script was really good. It felt like it had been a long time since I had read a script for a movie with this atmosphere and tone. I thought a lot about what it was like to write love letters in the past, and tried to recreate those feelings of excitement and anticipation. It was easy to get immersed in the script, and instead of having a big dramatic ending, everything that had been building up until then burst open in small ways.”

Chun Woo Hee said, “I also felt a sense of nostalgia. It’s been a long time since I read a movie synopsis with such quiet emotions. In the past, I took on extreme characters because I wanted to push against my limits, but for this one, the director said he wanted to show a new side of me. I tried to express a more natural side of me for this role.” 

Most of the movie takes place in 2003. Chun Woo Hee said, “There’s a scene that takes place at a school sports day. I liked it when I read about it in the script, but when I saw it in the movie, I realized that this ‘sports day’ that had been part of our daily lives and the source of many happy moments had become quite rare. It was a beautiful scene but it hit me differently. I could remember the days when I was young.” 

Kang Ha Neul said, “Since 2003 takes up most of the time in the movie, I thought a lot about what I was doing in 2003. I think I was in my second year of middle school. It was the year after the 2002 World Cup. I remembered a lot of things from that time. I think the most memorable thing from that time is ‘chicken mayo.’ I had that for the first time then, and it had a big impact on me.” 

About working together in the film, Kang Ha Neul said, “I was really surprised when I met Chun Woo Hee for the first time. I had only seen her in darker projects where she spoke with a much lower tone before. Without knowing it, I had expected her to have a serious vibe, but she was very cute and lovable. There was a sense of surprise on my part.” 

Chun Woo Hee said, “There are actually not very many scenes when we’re together, so instead of feeling a sense of chemistry, I had a lot of faith in him. He’s such a good actor. I didn’t get to see him a lot on set, but when I saw him, I felt that he had a lot of vitality. I was surprised while watching the movie as well.” 

“Story of the You and the Rain” premieres on April 28. 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1465207wpp/kang-ha-neul-and-chun-woo-hee-share-how-their-new-romance-film-took-them-back-to-the-past  

Spoiler