Park Seo Joon 박서준 ~❤❤️ [Drama 2023: “Gyeongseong Creature”] || [Movies 2023: “Dream”, “Concrete Utopia”] [Upcoming Movie 2024:“The Marvels”]

serenilmauve

Top 10 Must-Watch K-Dramas Dominating Discussions In The 3rd Week Of January 2024 (Good Data Corporation)

1. "Marry My Husband"

2. "Welcome to Samdal-ri" 

3. "My Demon" 

4. "Korea-Khitan War" 

5. "Knight Flower" 

6. "A Shop for Killers" 

7. "The Bequeathed" 

8. "Captivating the King"

9. "Love Song for Illusion" 

10. "Gyeongseong Creature"  

10 Most Popular Netflix Programs Currently In Korea (Based On January 30, 2024 Data)

netflix-korean-drama-ranking_screenshot-

1. "Doctor Slump"

2. "The Bequeathed" 

3. "Captivating the King" 

4. "Solo Leveling" 

5. "My Happy Ending" 

6. "Korea-Khitan War" 

7. "Welcome to Samdal-ri" 

8. "GyeongSeong Creature"

9. "Delicious in Dungeon"

10. "I'm Solo, Love Goes On" 

*** The Korean Business Research Institute has revealed this month’s brand reputation rankings for actors!  The rankings were determined through a data analysis of the media coverage, participation, interaction, and community indexes of 100 actors who appeared in dramas, movies, or OTT content released between December 30, 2023 and January 30, 2024.

Check out the top 30 for this month below!

1. Shin Hye Sun
  2. Jang Nara
  3. Park Min Young
  4. Song Ha Yoon
  5. Kim Yoo Jung
  6. Ji Chang Wook
  7. Im Siwan
  8. Song Kang
  9. Na In Woo
  10. Honey Lee
  11. Lee Se Young
  12. Go Yoon Jung
  13. Choi Soo Jong
  14. Gong Hyo Jin
  15. Jung Woo Sung
  16. Kang Hye Won
  17. Lee Jong Won
  18. Rowoon
  19. Lee Si Woo
  20. ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo
  21. Park Bo Young
  22. Kim Tae Ri
  23. Jang Dong Yoon
  24. Lee Yi Kyung
  25. Park Gyu Young
  26. Bae In Hyuk
  27. Park Seo Joon
  28. Highlight’s Lee Gikwang
  29. Lee Dong Wook
  30. Lee Young Ae

109858_235083_1115.jpg

109858_235084_1122.jpg

source : https://www.gpkorea.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=109858

'Gyeongseong Creature' inadvertently raises historical awareness among viewers around the world

20240130000580_0.jpg

While the show's writer and director clearly said that their intention for "Gyeongseong Creature," a Netflix original drama series, was to show how the people of the time lived, the show inadvertently raised awareness about the harrowing history of the Japanese colonization of Korea among viewers around the world.

"Gyeongseong Creature," which ended Jan. 5, has enjoyed global success, securing its position on Netflix's global top 10 list in the TV (Non-English) category for five consecutive weeks, from Dec. 18 to Jan. 14.

"Gyeongseong Creature" tells of characters who embark on a quest for survival in 1945 during the Japanese colonial era. Through the language of metaphor, the drama series incorporates the acts of Unit 731, a unit of the Imperial Japanese Army that engaged in human experimentation during the 1940s, into the plot, with the story of the Japanese military that conducts experiments to turn Koreans into monsters.

Regarding the historical theme of the series, international viewers whose countries had been occupied by the Japanese military during World War II said that the content reminded them of their country's history.

"Though I didn't personally live through the era, we know that Japanese imperialists brutally exploited and enslaved the Vietnamese people during the colonial period. The fact that 'Gyeongseong Creature' portrayed that time of history on a globally popular platform by symbolically comparing the acts to turning humans to 'monsters' reminded me of the history I learned about my ancestors -- and I was gratified for the opportunity," said Cais Nguyen, a Vietnamese American college student living in New York. Vietnam was colonized by the Japanese military after Japan invaded French Indochina in 1940.

"Victims of the Japanese colonial era are all over the globe. I think the fact that contents are reminding the descendants about their ancestors' hardships is very helpful," she said.

"Even though I know the drama series was made in Korea, I wish the drama series also touched upon the Japanese military's evil acts all over the world, since the work is being released on Netflix, and starring influential figures like Han So-hee. The story could have resonated with more international fans," said Farah Megat, a Malaysian American student.

Malaya was occupied by the Japanese from 1941 to 1945, following the onset of the Pacific War.

Japanese audience also echoed the view that "Gyeongseong Creature" serves to spread historical lessons.

"The drama series achieved empathy from the audience that treating people unequally and with disrespect is unpleasant and horrifying. I hope that those who have seen this work felt that, and that this work becomes an opportunity for such practices to disappear from the world in the future," said a Japanese viewer on Filmarks, a popular online Japanese film review site, in the review section for "Gyeongseong Creature."

However, there was also a number of reviews from Japanese fans that criticized the drama series for imposing a one-sided, negative image of Japan.

"I cannot support productions that depict a specific country as evil and plant a fixed image," one review read.

"I understand that Japan occupied other countries, but sometimes, when dramas set in this era portray Japanese people negatively, it feels like they are intentionally provoking anti-Japanese sentiment," added another review on Filmarks.

Media experts said that dramas and films could be a double-edged sword in terms of delivering historical messages.

"Some Japanese who have seen the drama series express the opinion that they want to learn more about Japan's history, such as its colonial rule of the Korean Peninsula and Unit 731, which they did not extensively study about in school," said a media industry official based in Japan on condition of anonymity.

"However, the majority of Japanese tend to perceive historical issues in dramas as fiction or consider them as elements that heighten tension in the plot by invoking anti-Japanese sentiment. They often view these portrayals as 'anti-Japanese propaganda' within South Korea, and, (as such,) there are certain limits on using dramas for historical education," she added.

credit : Korea Herald

https://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20240130000613

*** Japanese fans stand out for their unwavering passion and deep-rooted love for Korean shows. They're not just passive viewers; they're dedicated aficionados who live and breathe the world of K-dramas. Japanese fans have put together a wishlist, a curated lineup of K-drama couples they're itching to see back on screen for a second season. I agree with the list except for Rank 10 and Rank 1. The Rank 10 should be higher - the pairing were so popular. "King the Land" is Rank 1?  I don't agree for S2 of these dramas because I think all of these series were pretty much wrapped up on their endings especially Rank 10.  I don’t think it is likely to happen now. But,  I wonder why "Moon Lovers Scarlet Heart Ryeo" (Lee Jun Ki) not on the rankings, huh?     :kaching1:

1706654405-image.png

Rank 1 - King the Land (Lee Jun Ho x YoonA)

Rank 2 - Nevertheless (Song Kang x Han So Hee)

Rank 3 - Love in the Moonlight (Park Bo Gum x Kim Yoo Jung)

Rank 4 - What's Wrong with Secretary Kim (Park Seo Joon x Park Min Young)

Rank 5 - The Heirs (Lee Min Ho x Park Shin Hye)

Rank 6 - My Love from the Star (Kim Soo Hyun x Jun Ji Hyun)

Rank 7 - Crash Landing on You (Hyun Bin x Son Ye Jin)

Rank 8 - Reply 1997 (Seo In Guk x Jung Eun Ji)

Rank 9 - Goblin (Gong Yoo x Kim Go Eun)

Rank 10 - Descendants of the Sun (Song Joong Ki x Song Hye Kyo)

source : allkpop

*** On January 30, producer Na Young-seok went live on YouTube with the leads of JTBC's drama 'Doctor Slump' Park Hyung Sik and Park Shin Hye. Before officially beginning their talk, Na Young-seok said, "Actually, a group of people have come to join our live broadcast for a bit. You guys will probably be very surprised when you see them. Please welcome Seo Joon and Woo Shik, everyone!" Here, Park Seo Joon and Choi Woo Shik were seen sweating when they were asked if they watched their close friend latest work. After saying hi to each other, Na Young-seok asked, "You know that we're here to talk about 'Doctor Slump' today, right? What did you think of 'Doctor Slump'? Choi Woo Shik answered, "Hyung Sik showed us some videos and photos from the shooting when he was busy filming the drama, and I couldn't help but notice how great Hyung Sik looked. This project really seemed to bring out Hyung Sik's handsomeness." Na Young-seok commented, "I mean, don't we all know that Hyung Sik's good-looking? Tell us what you thought about the story." Choi Woo Shik hesitated to give a prompt response to his comment; he then said, "Umm... I've been so hectic lately, and..." To this, Park Hyung Sik playfully told him to go and watch his new series out of the studio, and Choi Woo Shik rushed out the door. As Choi Woo Shik was already out, all eyes turned to Park Seo Joon; he also could not give them the answer they wanted to hear. Park Seo Joon stated, "I... I really... Oh, someone's calling me now. Let me get this," avoiding the talk; both of their responses made all laugh. When Choi Woo Shik returned, Park Seo Joon and Choi Woo Shik told the viewers, "'Doctor Slump' is a fun drama, so definitely check it out! We have to go now, but we'll see you again soon. Bye," then left. After they were gone, Park Hyung Sik said, "It was nice to see them, because it's hard for us to find time to see each other much." Then, Na Young-seok explained why they had come in the first place, then left quickly, "Seo Joon and Woo Shik were here for Seo Jin's birthday dinner earlier. After dinner, they just stood around for a while to see Hyung Sik. What amazing friends!"  :poledance:

201889047_700.webp

201889046_700.webp

source : SBS Star

*** I really admire the close and strong friendship among the three, actually the Wooga Squad. Unfortunately, V is currently serving in the military and couldn’t attend Lee Seo-jin’s birthday celebration that night to support his friend Park Hyung-sik as well.   :hooray2:

5 K-Dramas To Watch If You Liked Uplifting Sports Series

5. "Fight For My Way"

Fight-For-My-Way-Poster.png

KBS

Cast: Park SeoJun, Kim JiWon, Song HaYoon, Ahn JaeHong, and more

Summary: A story of four friends who are all chasing their dreams. Despite the various obstacles that stand before them, they choose to power ahead, forging their own path in their respective fields.

Reasons To Watch: Although released in 2017, "Fight For My Way" remains legendary as it tracks four friends' journey as they pursue their dreams. It's a drama that touches upon the strength of friendship, what makes a relationship work, and the classic trope of friends to lovers. "Fight For My Way" will have you smiling widely from ear to ear, enjoying every quirky and entertaining moment that the four friends create. The innate comedy aside, you'll also find yourself cheering for their success and utmost happiness until the very end.

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/5-kdramas-to-watch-if-you-liked-uplifting-sports-series-like-flowers-in-sand/

• Like 1

Netflix reveals 2024 content lineup

With K-dramas like Squid Game Season 2 and Sweet Home Season 3 on the horizon, Netflix has finally unveiled the much-anticipated release window for the upcoming 2024 K-dramas. The streaming giant has dropped an exciting trailer showcasing its upcoming lineup, including the highly awaited third season of Sweet Home, Squid Game season 2, A Killer Paradox, and more. Each year, Netflix releases a trailer that ignites excitement among K-drama fans, giving them a glimpse of what's to come.

This year's lineup promises a captivating array of shows with compelling plots that are sure to captivate viewers. Featured in the preview of Netflix's 2024 K-drama lineup trailer are renowned actors like Lee Jung Jae, Lee Byung Hun, Song Kang, Choi Woo Shik, Koo Kyo Hwan, and many more, adding to the anticipation surrounding these upcoming dramas.

Gyeongseong Creature 2

Gyeongseong Creature aired the first part of its debut season on December 22, 2023, on Netflix, sparking curiosity among viewers. The second part followed on January 5, 2024, leaving many questions unanswered. Now, the series is poised to make its return with season 2 later this year.

Set in Gyeongseong in 1945, the K-drama follows the journey of Yoon Chae Ok (Han So Hee), a spy, as she searches for her missing mother and encounters a mysterious creature. Meanwhile, Park Seo Joon continues his role as Jang Tae Sang, a prominent pawn shop owner in the city.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C10ZNE2hA7H/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=7ee45d5f-b65b-44d1-b29e-954bd6cbe624

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/squid-game-2-sweet-home-3-to-gyeongseong-creature-2-netflix-reveals-2024-content-lineup-1275815

*** Park Seo Joon supported the South Korean national football team — led by Son Heung Min who's his close friend. The team pulled off a heart-stopping 2-1 victory against Australia in the quarter-finals of the 2023 AFC Qatar Asian Cup. Park Seo Joon couldn’t contain his excitement, shouting “South Korea!!!” into the social media void while sharing a snapshot of the live broadcast, showing his support from afar. When it comes to football, South Korea stands united — from its celebrities to its fans.   :kisslevel:

Kvbhauo8ulnJZlIBHUkMQnQqysC7DuYcPDBS-cCJ

0005011578_001_20240203162302968.jpg?typ

source : https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=109&aid=0005011578

• partyon changed the title to Park Seo Joon 박서준 ~❤❤️ [Drama 2023: “Gyeongseong Creature”] || [Movies 2023: “Dream”, “Concrete Utopia”] [Upcoming Movie 2024:“The Marvels”]
4 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Netflix drama GyeongseongCreatureS2  still cuts, release in Q3 of 2024.

@backstreetboysfan  thanks for sharing this.  Netflix is gearing up for a thrilling year in 2024, with an impressive lineup of Korean and global content set to captivate audiences around the world. The streaming giant recently announced its 'Next On Netflix' lineup for the year, featuring an array of highly anticipated shows and movies. Among the highlights of the 2024 lineup is Gyeongseong Creature' season 2,'.  They're offering a diverse range of content to cater to various tastes. They will also bring to us some beloved movies with distinct qualities.  I am really excited for this drama. Such a cliff hanger..... 'Netflix's Korean entertainment shows, which achieved significant success last year are set to continue their winning streak in 2024. This year, a variety of rich stories that can only be found on Netflix are about to be released. Netflix works that will bring fun, emotion, and thrill to everyone who loves entertainment will continue to come to our screens.   :Ohboy3:

• Like 1

*** The Korean Business Research Institute has revealed this month’s brand reputation rankings for advertisement models!  The rankings were determined through an analysis of consumer behavior, using big data collected from January 2 to February 2. The Korean Business Research Institute evaluated the participation, communication, media, and social values of popular advertisement models in order to calculate each star’s total brand reputation index for February.   :Twerkdatbutt:

Check out the top 30 for this month below!

1. Son Heung Min
  2. Lim Young Woong
  3. Baek Jong Won
  4. BLACKPINK
  5. Gong Yoo
  6. ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo
  7. NewJeans
  8. Ma Dong Seok
  9. Kim Hye Soo
  10. Lee Hyori
  11. Yoo Jae Suk
  12. Kim Jong Kook
  13. IVE
  14. Park Seo Joon
  15. Kim Ho Joong
  16. SEVENTEEN
  17. LE SSERAFIM
  18. Jung Woo Sung
  19. Young Tak
  20. Lee Chan Won
  21. Girls’ Generation’s YoonA
  22. BTS
  23. IU
  24. Park Bo Gum
  25. Kim Yoo Jung
  26. Jo Jung Suk
  27. Lee Seo Jin
  28. aespa
  29. Jung Hae In
  30. Park Bo Young

source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0005010287

*** The top-trending K-dramas on Netflix last year (2023) have not only captivated millions but also underscored the genre's sustained quality presence in the digital entertainment sphere. "Gyeongseong Creature"   is one of K-dramas that stole the hearts and attention of viewers across the globe during 2023. This drama is good. I watched (3) out of these dramas. Congratulations to the shows on the list that held the audience from beginning to end.    :heart2beat:

1707427749-image.png

6 K-Dramas For The Stylist And Fashionable

20240209102332_style.jpg?s=900x600&e=t

If there’s one thing K-dramas are known for, it’s their impeccable sense of fashion and style. Korean dramas consistently dazzle audiences with their captivating wardrobe choices and trending styles, leaving viewers awestruck and yearning for more.

These K-dramas revolve around the fashion world, and they offer not only a stellar cast and captivating storyline, but they also draw viewers into the glamorous realm of hate couture and exquisite wardrobe choices. Check out these must-watch K-dramas that revolve around the world of fashion and style.

She Was Pretty

Starring Hwang Jung Eum as Kim Hye Jin and Park Seo Joon as Ji Sung Joon, the story takes viewers on a journey with the main leads who are each other’s first loves. They meet when they are children, but Sung Joon moves away, and the two are separated. As adults, Sung Joon returns to Korea and still can’t seem to get over his first love, Hye Jin. What he doesn’t know is that his new workplace has an employee by the name of Kim Hye Jin who reminds him an awful lot like his first love.

she-was-pretty-1.jpeg

This series continues to stand the test of time of being one of the best romantic comedies that is themed around the fashion world. Its charming take on workplace dynamics is a true delight. And when you have the likes of Park Seo Joon and Hwang Jung Eum leading the cast, you know you’re going to be entertained! The effortless blends of humor and heart show the lives of the characters navigating the glamorous yet demanding world of fashion magazines. Its relatable story will offer insight into the trials and triumphs of the fashion industry while giving you all the swoonworthy moments!

Start watching here: 

Watch Now

credit : soompi news

10 Most Popular Netflix Programs Currently In Korea (Based On February 13, 2024 Data)

*** (retrieved on February 13, 10:49 AM KST, data of February 12). 

netflix-program-ranking-most-popular-13-

1. "A Killer Paradox"

2. "Jjajangmyeon Rhapsody"

3. "Doctor Slump"

4. "Captivating the King"

5. "Solo Leveling"

6. "The Bequeathed"

7. "Eye Love You" 

8. "The Apothecary Diaries" 

9. "Delicious in Dungeon"

10. "GyeongSeong Creature" 

10 most addictive Korean dramas of all time: Business Proposal, Goblin, more

Business Proposal, Goblin, Crash Landing on You, Descendants of the Sun and more are amongst the most addictive Korean dramas. Here is a list of the top 10.

Korean dramas are addictive and keep the viewers hooked for more and more. They may be cute romances, passionate love, murder mysteries or just stories of daily life. One can always bank on famous K-dramas like Business Proposal, Goblin, Glower of Evil, Reply 1988 and many more K-dramas for a good binge session. Here is a list of the top 10 most addictive Korean dramas. 

8. Itaewon Class

Released in 2020, Itaewon Class, tells the story of Park Saeroyi who is expelled from school after he gets into a fight with a bully who is the son of a big businessman. His life drastically changes as his father passes away. He establishes a small pub in Itaewon and challenges the business so that his pub would surpass the business one day. the uplifting drama stars Park Seo Joon and Kim Da Mi. 

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/10-most-addictive-korean-dramas-of-all-time-business-proposal-goblin-more-1278102

*** Park Seo Joon takes a melancholy stance on spring. His crisp white suit is spotless and bright, but the darker edges of the photograph and the flower he holds delicately between his fingers tell a different story.   :heart1:

For Your Viewing Pleasure: Waiting For Sunshine

20240213_seoulbeats_ParkSeojoon-814x1024

source : seoulbeats

• Like 1

*** Park Seo Joon is the best supportive friend ever! He shared via Instagram Stories that he was catching up on his friends’ shows. He actually binge-watched A Killer Paradox since it premiered with all eight episodes. Likewise, he shared a photo of Park Hyung Sik’s character, Yeo Jung Woo as he watched Doctor Slump. It’s an ongoing K-Drama. We all need a supportive friend like Seo Joon!  :loveu:

MV5BZjZhM2IyZTktNjFiZS00NWFlLTg0NzMtMzIx

MV5BZWM2YmE4ZGMtMjJhOC00MjRmLTgzMjEtMjc2

Screenshot_20240212_234315_Instagram-e17

Spoiler

Screenshot_20240212_234319_Instagram-e17