Park Seo Joon 박서준 ~❤❤️ [Drama 2023: “Gyeongseong Creature”] || [Movies 2023: “Dream”, “Concrete Utopia”] [Upcoming Movie 2024:“The Marvels”]

serenilmauve

*** I'm excited to see Park Seo Joon in the latest Marvel film, "The Marvelsand how he will portray Prince Yan. Recently, his co-star shared her thoughts on working with him. On November 4, a video was uploaded to MarvelKorea‘s YouTube channel where the actors shared their thoughts and impressions on the movie. Brie Larson, the American actress who plays Captain Marvel, expressed her wonder at working with Park Seo Joon and his fame.  :happydance:

Park Seo Joon [is] maybe the most famous person I’ve ever worked with in my life.

— Brie Larson

It’s strange to even me that I’m in this movie. Everything is just surprising to me.

— Park Seo Joon

khusoRa5NA7mbu0L7mwwDJAbFUu0PPqD4CckfbCs

OBIE7aRATp0lf_UKUkE5eE5QZDfkrk4FgUAbM6J6

XK4o8HgkFzM5kVEG2vFlYiU9p1fD4kpptERGaHZF

source : https://www.xportsnews.com/article/1790125

• Like 3

*** It's clear from the new promos that Park Seo Joon's character Prince Yan is supposed to look flamboyant and rather cheesy so he got to lean in and own it - :Megalol:   Hollywood is still having an actor's strike so, they refused to promote their movies. This could affect the movie - Good luck for this film! I hope it will still do well box-office wise! The movie is premiering.....  :fear:

• Like 3

Nia DaCosta Gives Glimpse into Park Seo Joon’s Short But Impactful Role in ‘The Marvels’

071691609.jpeg

Director Nia DaCosta spoke about Park Seo Joon‘s role as Prince Yan during a virtual press conference for the movie The Marvels which was broadcasted online on the morning of the 7th.

In The Marvels, Park Seo Joon plays Prince Yan, the husband of Captain Marvel (Brie Larson), becoming the second Korean actor to join the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) following Don Lee. Prince Yan is a character from the musical planet Aladna, where inhabitants speak in a music-like way.

Ahead of the film’s release, teasers have dropped, but all of them barely showed Prince Yan, thereby heightening the intrigue. DaCosta introduced the character of Prince Yan, saying, “We wanted to revisit Captain Marvel’s past in this movie. We go back to the people she met and the places she’s been, and one of them is Prince Yan. While his screen time is relatively short, he is a character with a strong presence and plays a significant role.”

01.34998238.1.jpg

With high expectations from Korean audiences for Park’s addition to the MCU, the director commented, “I’m thrilled to hear that everyone’s excited, but I can’t give away much information. Knowing in advance would spoil the fun, so I hope you will find out by watching the movie.” She continued, “Prince Yan is a ruler and shares a deep history with Captain Marvel,” hinting, “In terms of appearance, he is an awesome character donning stunning outfits. Think of him as someone who forms a connection with Captain Marvel over the affection they have for the people they want to protect.”

DaCosta also touched on a scene from the teaser that showed Captain Marvel and Prince Yan dancing. “It was a joy to use singing and dancing as a device,” she commented, expressing her enthusiasm. “As a fan of musicals, I have incorporated musical elements into it. It was fun to work on, and I’m excited to see what joy audiences will take from visiting planet Aladna.”

Meanwhile, The Marvels has confirmed domestic release on the 8th.

source : https://tvdaily.co.kr/read.php3?aid=16993190141691609008

• Like 3

Top 20 KBS Dramas With The Highest Ratings From 2015 To 2020

KBS, the Korean Broadcasting System, has played a vital role in the growth of K-Dramas over the decades with continuously high-ranking K-Dramas placing in the best ratings list of 20202021, and 2022. They are known as one of the top broadcasting systems in Korea for a reason!

It is no secret that KBS has been known for producing some of the most iconic dramas adored by K-Drama lovers. Thanks to this, they also have some record ratings worth mentioning such as the K-Drama "Bread, Love and Dreams" which aired in 2010 and reached a record 50.8% rating!

11. "Fight for My Way" - 13.8%

top-KBS-dramas-with-the-highest-ratings-

Starring Park SeoJun, Kim JiWon, Ahn JaeHong, and Song HaYoon, the drama earned ratings of 13.8%. This drama is one of the most beloved dramas on the lists of avid K-Drama lovers. It lacks none of the K-Drama tropes that make the genre as great as it does. With heart-fluttering moments tucked in between hilarious scenes, there's no wonder this drama was (and still is) so popular.

14. "Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth" - 13.1%

top-KBS-dramas-with-the-highest-ratings-

Starring Park SeoJun, Go ARa, Park HyungSik, Seo YeaJi, SHINee's MinHo, Do JiHan, BTS' V, and more, the drama earned ratings of 13.1%. Known as 'The Drama That Got Me Into K-Dramas' for many K-Drama fans, "Hwarang" is a classic with its star-studded cast, feel-good narrative, and iconic moments that will have you hitting the rewind button.

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/top-20-kbs-dramas-with-the-highest-ratings-from-2015-to-2020/

• Like 3

From Itaewon to Hollywood, Park Seo-joon enters Marvel universe

‘The Marvels’ director Nia DaCosta contacted Park Seo-joon after watching ‘Itaewon Class’

Park Seo-joon stars as Prince Yan in “The Marvels” (MCU) Park Seo-joon stars as Prince Yan in “The Marvels” (MCU)

Upcoming American superhero film “The Marvels” director and co-writer Nia DaCosta said she cast Park Seo-joon after watching the 2020 hit TV drama “Itaewon Class” during the pandemic.

Park Seo-joon plays the role of Prince Yan of Aladna in "The Marvels," making his debut in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and Hollywood.

“I was really into Korean dramas, films and K-pop when I was younger at 17, 18 and I just fell in love with this Korean pop culture. I watched a lot of variety shows as well. Whenever I’m asked who is my favorite Korean star I would answer Yoo Jae-suk,” DaCosta, 33, told reporters during an online press conference held Tuesday.

It was during the pandemic that she came to know Park Seo-joon.

“I hadn’t watched many Korean dramas in years but it was during the pandemic that I watched ‘Itaewon Class.’ Months after watching that drama, I got this job (to direct ‘The Marvels’) and I thought Prince Yan’s character really fits him. So we reached out to see if it worked and it did,” she said.

While very little information on Prince Yan has been disclosed, DaCosta said he is one of the very significant characters that Carol Danvers -- Captain Marvel -- meets as she travels to the past.

“I purposefully didn’t give too much information about Carol Danvers and Prince Yan (prior to the movie opening). They both care a lot about the people they’re protecting and that’s where they connect,” she explained.

How was Park on set? Director DaCosta said she loved his energy.

“He is a great actor with great energy and he is very funny. Everyone fell in love with him onset,” she said, adding that in Prince Yan’s world, everyone has to rhyme when they speak, hinting at how Park will be the protagonist of a musical sequence.

“His screen time is short, but he is a very impactful character throughout the storyline,” she added.

“The Marvels,” based on Marvel Comics, is a sequel to the 2019’s “Captain Marvel” and follows the story of characters Carol Danvers, Monica Rambeau, and Kamala Khan.

The film hits local theaters on Nov. 8.

credit : Korea Herald

https://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20231107000285

• Like 2

*** On November 8, a post titled “Park Seo Joon’s Screen Time On The Marvels” went viral. According to a Marvel YouTuber, they had counted his screen time while watching the movie. Reading & seeing this comment, I'm disappointed over the lack of screen time. If this is this short, I guess I don’t need to watch. They put him on the main poster but he is given screen time fitting for an extra. This just RickRoll'D me off.   :cutekitty:

(Breaking) <The Marvels> Seo Joon hyung’s total screen time!

2 Minutes 47 Seconds. (*Margin of error is 5 seconds)

Source: I counted his screen time myself while watching the movie.

— 무비띵크_Movie Think

Ams-HR1_p68ogW2u6ylkIr505ZIC5nwOeKHCv44U

source : https://theqoo.net/hot/2993330571

• Like 2

18 Best Romance Historical K-Dramas To Have On Your Watchlist (2023 Update)

For new K-Dramas fans and non addicts to K-Dramas, it is often hard to make a great watchlist. You most probably ask your friend’s opinions or read the reviews online to make your selection, but sometimes it is not enough. We hope this list will help you find the dramas you are looking for!

After listing up, the best romantic comedy and best action thriller romance dramas, here are the best romance historical dramas. If you are a beginner to K-Dramas, historical dramas might look unattractive to you. It is a question of taste but Korean historical dramas are very diverse. Some have few historical elements and are easy to watch. It is simply like another drama but with a pretty historical background. While some are approachable and easy-to-understand, some have complex and political plots. Your only task is to choose wisely according to your taste!

For K-Drama addicts, you probably have watched all of the drama listed below, if not, it is time to add to your watchlist.

4. "Hwarang"

18 Best Romance Historical K-Dramas To Have On Your Watchlist (2023 Update)

KBS

When: 2016-2017

Cast: Park SeoJun, Go Ara, Park HyungSik, SHINee's MinHo, BTS's V

Summary: The regent of the Kingdom of Silla is hiding her son. She also creates a new elite name Hwarang - a group of young people. Inside the trained Hwarang, her son (the future king) and a commoner have a secret.

For: Viewers looking for a cute and light historical drama with handsome and funny male leads.

Why watch?: It is easy to watch for all the public. The plot is cute and fresh. Moreover, it might be a nice first step into Korean historical dramas for those unfamiliar with Korean history.

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/10-best-romance-historical-kdramas-to-have-on-your-watchlist/

• Like 3

10 upcoming K-dramas that you just can’t miss: Goryeo Khitan War, Once Upon a Boyhood, Sweet Home 2 and more

As the year concludes, K-drama enthusiasts can anticipate an array of new series on the horizon. So, keep your eyes glued for these new dramas that are ready to take you on an unforgettable journeys.

As we near the conclusion of the year, the world of K-dramas is buzzing with anticipation as several new and exciting TV shows are about to make their debut. Here's a compilation of these exciting upcoming K-dramas that you will not want to miss.

10 must-watch upcoming K-dramas you can't afford to miss

9. Gyeongseong Creature

An action-packed historical horror series, is set to debut on Netflix on December 22, featuring Park Seo Joon and Han So Hee in leading roles. The story unfolds against the backdrop of the Japanese occupation of Korea in the 1940s and revolves around Jang Tae Sang (portrayed by Park Seo Joon) and Yun Chae Ok (played by Han So Hee). They become entangled in a quest to solve a series of perplexing missing persons cases, ultimately unveiling a dreadful and chilling secret.

Teaser image for Gyeongseong Creature; Image Courtesy: Netflix

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/10-upcoming-k-dramas-that-you-simply-cant-miss-vigilante-sweet-home-2-gyeongseong-creature-and-more-1257032

• Like 3

*** Park Seo Joon has successfully made his Hollywood debut through The Marvels”. On November 5th, he appeared in a video released on Marvel’s official YouTube channel and expressed his feelings about entering Hollywood. He said, “I find it amazing that I’m able to appear in this movie. I’m fascinated by everything”.   :Megathanks:

20231109150036451pcuy.jpg

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20231109150030020

• Like 1

*** 'The Marvels' premiered on November 8 amid heightened anticipation from Korean fans, primarily driven by the exciting news of Park Seo Joon joining the cast. However, the soaring expectations gave way to a disappointment once viewers realized that his role was fleeting, lasting only 5-minutes. To add to the frustration, his appearance in the movie was delayed by a full hour and was confined to a brief cameo within a flashback scene. In addition to Park Seo Joon's fleeting appearance, numerous Korean netizens expressed their disappointment, as they believed that "The Marvels" failed to live up to the typical expectations associated with a 'Marvel Cinematic' film. The reviews are showing that it's not that good. I'm not really a fan of The Marvels but, I'm curious about this film because Park Seo Joon is in it. i guess it lost their touch like 8 years ago, after Disney bought them.  I'm hurt that Park Seo Joon didn't have a bigger role.   :bawling:

• Like 1

21 Best Romantic Comedy K-Dramas To Have On Your Watchlist (2023 Update)

For new K-Dramas fans and none addicts to K-Dramas, it is often hard to make a great watchlist. You most probably ask your friend's opinions or read the reviews online to make your selection, but sometimes it is not enough. To help you find the perfect next romantic comedy, here are 19 shows that are a must-watch to add to your list and why.

If you are a K-Drama addict, you might have watched most of them (if not all); if you haven't, it's time to snuggle up with your favorite blanket and start watching now.

9. “What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim

21 Best Romantic Comedy K-Dramas To Have On Your Watchlist (2023 Update)

tvN

When: 2018

Cast: Park SeoJun, Park MinYoung

Summary: A love story between a chaebol and his long-term secretary. She abruptly resigns, saying that she will date and get married. The chaebol is shocked by the sudden decision, he starts to realize the nature of their relation.

For: Viewers looking for an office romance with a fun and touching story.

Why watch?: This office romance is refreshing and these two top Hallyu actors' chemistry is perfect. Their acting is great and the plot is entertaining from the beginning to the end. Moreover, the supporting actors bring on more fun and laughter to the show.

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/10-best-romantic-comedy-kdramas-to-have-on-your-watchlist/

• Like 4

*** On November 8, 'The Marvels' hit the screens. Park Seo Joon's character "plays a crucial part" in the overall story but, how come he only appears briefly? The prince of a planet where people speak musically, 'Prince Yan' makes his first appearance in the film; he and 'Carol Danvers' sing in a duet and dance as they engage in conversation. Park Seo Joon remarked, "I think they checked my vocal range before making the songs I had to sing, so I wouldn't have trouble singing. During filming those scenes, I tried to focus more on capturing the character's emotions than on singing well. I think Aladna and 'Prince Yan' are the place and the figure that is important for showing the growth of 'Carol Danvers'. Some might think my part in the movie is too short, but I believe it plays a crucial part in the overall narrative of 'The Marvels'."  :heart2:

201855437_700.webp

201855438_700.webp

201855439_700.webp

source : SBS Star

• Like 3

[Box office] Movies in theaters this week

20231109000853_0.jpg

“The Marvels”

(US)

Opened Nov. 8

Action

Directed by Nia DaCosta

A sequel to “Captain Marvel” (2019), the film follows the story of Carol Danvers, Monica Rambeau, and Kamala Khan, as Danvers -- Captain Marvel -- travels to the past amid a destabilized universe.

source : Korea Herald

https://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20231109000917

• Like 2

Watch: Park Seo Joon And Han So Hee’s “Gyeongseong Creature” Announces Premiere Date In Exciting Teaser

Watch: Park Seo Joon And Han So Hee’s “Gyeongseong Creature” Announces Premiere Date In Exciting Teaser

Netflix’s upcoming series “Gyeongseong Creature” has set its premiere date!

On November 12, “Gyeongseong Creature” officially announced that Part 1 would premiere on December 22, while Part 2 would be released on January 5.

Starring Park Seo Joon and Han So Hee, “Gyeongseong Creature” will tell the story of an entrepreneur and a sleuth who must fight for survival and face a monster born out of human greed.

The newly released announcement video begins by revealing that the drama is set in the spring of 1945, when Korea was still under Japanese colonial rule. The video also ominously declares that at the time, there were both humans and creatures at a local hospital—before sharing glimpses of its two leads in action.

Check out the new teaser for “Gyeongseong Creature” below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1625807wpp/watch-park-seo-joon-and-han-so-hees-gyeongseong-creature-announces-premiere-date-in-exciting-teaser

• Blob 1

Park Seo-joon Is the Perfect Casting for Prince Yan

Finding the perfect actor to embody a character and truly capture their essence is quite a skill, and not every studio gets it right. The casting director of The Marvels nailed it, however, with their choice of the incredibly talented South Korean actor to bring the enigmatic Prince Yan of Aladna to life. Park Seo-joon has an impressive track record of successful roles that have really allowed him to showcase his incredible talent and versatility. From his breakout role in the Korean drama Dream High to his leading roles in popular series like What's Wrong with Secretary Kim and Itaewon Class, he has consistently impressed audiences by bringing complex characters to life. Park Seo-joon's magnetic personality, subtle expressions, and ability to convey a wide range of emotions make him the perfect choice to portray the depth of Prince Yan's mysterious nature.

:glasses:

https://collider.com/the-marvels-prince-yan-comics/

• Love 1

*** The Korean Business Research Institute has revealed this month’s brand reputation rankings for film actors! The rankings were determined through an analysis of the consumer participation, media coverage, interaction, and community awareness indexes of 50 popular movie stars, using big data collected from October 9 to November 9.     :Megathanks:

Check out the top 30 for this month below!

1. Jung So Min
  2. Go Yoon Jung
  3. Kang Ha Neul
  4. Park Bo Young
  5. Lee Yoo Mi
  6. Han Hyo Joo
  7. Kang Dong Won
  8. Kim Hye Soo
  9. Wi Ha Joon
  10. Jo In Sung
  11. Song Joong Ki
  12. Park Seo Joon
  13. Lee Seo Jin
  14. Lee Byung Hun
  15. Lee Jin Wook
  16. Lee Jong Suk
  17. Nam Joo Hyuk
  18. Gong Yoo
  19. Han Ji Min
  20. Kim Nam Gil
  21. Jung Woo Sung
  22. Son Suk Ku
  23. Uhm Jung Hwa
  24. Hyun Bin
  25. Jang Dong Yoon
  26. Lee Kwang Soo
  27. Kim Tae Ri
  28. Kim Young Kwang
  29. BIBI
  30. Choi Woo Shik

452745_260112_3042.jpg

source : https://www.cbci.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=452745

19 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

ParkSeoJoon and HanSoHee's NETFLIX drama GyeongseongCreature first teaser poster Part 1 will be released on December 22 and Part 2 of the drama will follow on January 5 2024!

@backstreetboysfan  this is one of Netflix’s most anticipated dramas. It is set to thrill viewers through Christmas and the New Year.  I’m sure Netflix hopes this could be a end-year hit. I am hoping it, too!  :kitty:

• Blob 1