[Drama 2013] ★ Secret | Secret Love 비밀 ★

Guest msmall

cynkdf said:

@MDSY, sorry me bad :)  Very happy for JS (re the Secret ratings) because of his previous experience with The Great Seer.  Thanks very much for all your  helpful posts. Is it true that LBY read the script and said he must take on the role? If so, thank you LBY!

I really liked when MH ask YJ ( why did you come home late who did you meet ) it seem like her boyfriend by asking her those questions .we see in ep 8 MH told her that if she go with him to the party he will cut her debt so what will be his reason for meeting her in coming episodes   =))

@FransiskaYani, thanks for answering my question. From that Naver link (Choi Woong's naver site) it seems that Gwang Soo acted in it but I can't find his name in the Asianwiki profile for "Nine". 
@sally_b, great to see you here. I read your posts in the comments section of  tessieroo's Secret posts on CK and was hoping Secret would reel you in. :)

Let me start with the most unbelievable part for me, what new hire would be given access to company files that would be detrimental to the president as well as have access to the chairman's personnel records. If any working person walked into the Chairman of their company's office and told him about what he suspected all his trips abroad were for would find themselves looking for work. SY will also side with DH and vote to kick MH out of his position. I don't think most women would go this far to punish their man because of jealousy unless they were done. Because this seems a end of the line move to me. I do feel sorry for SY because she has loved MH a long time without the feelings being reciprocated, how sad is that. On the other hand he never tried to fool her into believing he felt anything but friendship for her.
I really really love this drama, DH is such a despicable person that had us fooled for most of the episodes with his crocodile tears and those sad tragic looks, but I'm over that now I see him clearly for the IT'S ALL ABOUT ME LOW LIFE SCUM THAT HE IS. He never loved YJ but was willing to marry her as payment for all she had done for him to become a prosecutor. From episode one we see him on a blind date that his mother had arranged and met with her later to ask her to marry him. I wrote that off as him being a dutiful son, but later realized the importance of the date and felt that he could have chosen another day for the date if that was all it was.Why make the woman you love wait on such a special day for them. He was a man keeping his options opened. Who knows he may have never intended to marry her if something better came along. From the moment he met SY he's been drooling,and how easily he was manipulated into backstabbing YJ. Can't wait to see him get his I hope he is sent to jail for his crime, but a doubt it.
Clearly YJ and MH will end up together, right now it's time for those blinders to come off and stop assuming that everything bad that has happened to her is MH's doing. Why didn't she just ask the girl who tried to keep her from getting paroled. This episode when that jerk was insulting her it was MH who fought to protect her honor but yet she will think it was him who said the terrible things about her, yet DH made no move to protect her what so ever, yet she see's him as the good guy.
YJ wake up it's time for you to get smarter.

@MDSY, many thanks for that article. LBY sure knows how to pick a successful drama.  Re MDSY at one point we were told (by one of BSB's Korean fans) that BSB was up for the lead (I think it was the lead anyway :)) in that show alongside Park Ha Sun (you ought to know so many names are bandied about). But it seems he turned down the role in favour of " 26 Years".  

Guest thanhdda10

Does anybody know the rating for ep 8 last night?
I think Se Yeon is taking things a bit too far, she slapped Min Hyuk for turning up with Yoo Jeong and yet she turned up with Do Hoon herself. And by voting Min Huyk out of the presidency, is she thinking that this will get her the man she wants? 
And Do Hoon??? I have nothing to say to this man...he is losing it the moment he let that girl died in the rain without helping her...and he has turned monster the moment he let his fiance taking the blame for the wrong he did.

@cynkdf - Thanks! ...yep hook, line & sinker -- I'm all in. But then again I have had a long-standing crush on Bae Soo Bin (those puppy-soul eyes had me at first glance).
Ji Sung -- I've liked him in other things, but mostly for his *cute factor*. In this, wowsa, he's really a force.
Neither of the ladies were previous actress-crushes for me. But even better, I didn't already dislike them with a passion --- as I generally have at least one per show that I want to throw my shoe at and say, "Why aren't you singing with your singing group? You're.a.singer, not an actress." 
Both Jung Eum and Da Hee are now on my "I'll watch your next drama" list. (Though I think Da Hee will likely be type cast as the cold Chaebol Princess because she just *has that look* -- like Seo Hyo Rim) 
Off to read tessieroo's recap! 

Guest fantast1k1

falloutjane said:

It's ridiculous how often I'm back on this thread, reading comments even though I'm at work. This has consumed my life. And the writing better keep up because if not, I'm gonna go berserk and be flipping tables. Also, I just want to say that what I recap is not the best out there. For one, I just watch the entire thing and try to recall from memory when I write the recap. Next, I don't speak Korean so most of the time, what I gathered from the conversation IS SO BEYOND WRONG that the truth is now a dot in the horizon. Hur. So if you're looking for accuracy and be all NO! HE DIDN'T SAY THAT! please don't. What I recap is my vague memory of the sequence of things (and at that, it's mostly butchered up) and more importantly, I recap the STATE OF MY FANGIRL HEART. Hur. Also, the little nuances and tone of voice and all that silly details like minced meat.

@sally_b, you had me at "long-standing crush on Bae Soo Bin"  - it was his smile in Dong Yi that bowled me over (watched the show in April 2011). I usually watch only his dramas (and bad BSB fan, haven't watched quite a few yet eg Emperor of the Sea where he was an outright villain, I believe?) And as I have time on my hands, I try to read virtually everything I can find in English  on the internet about BSB (not that there's much)  and now I am doing the same for Secret - the comments on viki are hilarious and it's so GOOD to know that the fans there are loving Secret as much as we are in this thread.
Never watched any of the other three main leads act before but boy am I glad they are part of this cast - great ensemble acting (including supporting cast).  
I've been blown away by HJEs acting - never cried so much before watching a K-drama  (or any other dramas, for that matter).

All those in favor of @falloutgirl doing recaps each week, raise your hand.
9zp53.gif

Majority rules so you now have no choice. [-(   meow.gif(I'm totally joking) I really just want people to tag your name a lot.  giggle.gif  

I can't believe we didn't get a preview.  smiley-sad043.gif

@Fransiska Yani, "I don't remember which one is Choi Woong"

He's the actor portraying the character role of Choi Kwang Soo, Min Hyuk's personal assistant!

I think I'm like the only one still having a problem with quoting!

As for the confirmation of the number of episodes this drama will have, I just checked asianwiki's website again and the episode ratings chart is now showing only 16! Before, it used to show 20!

This is currently my favorite drama. Only the lead actress should get some pride not to be pushed around. As she herself knows that she did mot commit the crime. cynkdf said: @jun-soo, you know what - sometimes I think that clever writer is toying with us. Never occurred to me that wicked stepmother could be MH's real mum so when this possibility was brought up, I went to look at her character description (thanks to the wonderful folks at Baidu Secret):
FwlEqZU.jpg

Her age is stated as 45: now is that 45 four years ago or now? If she's 49 now, then she could be MH's real mum. If she's 45 now (he's 31) then it's unlikely MH is her son.

@Lmangla, while I am happy for BSB that he's got such a meaty role (now we know why he postponed his  honeymoon :)), I sometimes ask myself why it couldn't be a role where he's NOT Public Enemy No: 1?

Guest Fransiska Yani

@Fransiska Yani, "I don't remember which one is Choi Woong"

He's the actor portraying the role of Choi Kwang Soo, Min Hyuk's personal assistant!

Thank you for your reminder

:\">

But i say it on Nine not Secret