[Drama 2013] ★ Secret | Secret Love 비밀 ★

Guest msmall

So does anyone else think that the board meeting is called due to the paper work DH got out of the safe? Jealousy, anger and resentment all prompted this then you throw in SY and her issues about MH and I guess we have a recipe for ousting the President.  I can see MH being mad, but I also see him as being different then before. I see him possibly fighting back. Before he was a lazy bratty rich man who didn't want to work just spend the money. He could not fight for JH. I see all that changing. Stalking YJ and watching how she still manages to preserver after all she has been through I think will motivate him on some level. I want to see how he handles this business set back. DH nor SY will never be happy no matter what they do. 
Did we find out if it is 16 or 20 episodes for this drama?

Oh, I just realized SY is on the verge of screwing up really badly.  So, she's making a play for K-Group (setting herself not only against the son, but the father) to show MH who's in charge and to bring him to heel.  But who is her new "bestie"?  DH, DH who looks at her with worshipful eyes and appears ready to swear fidelity.  But DH is also the guy who hurt MH the worst and if she officially aligns with him by recklessly increasing his status within the company in order to bring him into conflict with MH, isn't she unwittingly declaring herself an enemy of MH?  Not just a business enemy but a personal enemy?  Until I see otherwise, I will maintain she's doing even this to draw MH closer to her, be it through pain or affection, she just wants him closer.  However, any alignment with DH is like a moat, it will only create a hard separation between her and her desire.  Of course, DH will keep her in ignorance and MH will be too frustrated and frankly just enraged to explain.  I can see him asking her as a friend not to help DH and her refusing.  Will she think his request comes from rising jealousy therefore feelings?  I don't know.  Oh, SY, step away from the ledge! 

ETA @oyeleyeolusina YJ is a reminder of his failure, yeah, I can see that but it's such a selfish way to look at it.  Shouldn't he see her actions and think gratitude?  I mean, I would understand it more if YJ kept bringing up her sacrifice and holding it over his head but she doesn't.  She doesn't ask for anything above what a current situation demands and even that reluctantly, if not at all.  Still, it's as good a reason as any. 

Guest sc_139f26602b3eeb130492aa9fdb0cd939

DH is natural character.he is selfish,ambitious,scared,hypocrite.he want to be ideal but his selfishness forced him to be monster.yj reminds him of his weakness .yj was brave to accept punishment in love.yj priority was love.it is not easy to sacrifice oneself for love .it needs guts that yj showed.but same not for dh.his priority is carreer, name,fame so he

sacrificed love.but like a common man he want to cover up his guilt by blaming situation and others.but in front of yj he find himself exposed.

Guest lettykay

mihaelabarbulescu said: Yes, you are right....But, sometimes, you know it very well, someone who tells a lie for so many time get to believe it himself as the only truth. For him, being punished for JH's death doesn't exist anymore. He told YJ several times that she already paid for her (their, his) crime. And looking in the past, their life, YJ and DH, indeed was pure hell. If you accept my opinion, he was suffering more than her. Because of the guilt and because of his own nature. He can not be cheerful and forgivable, he is proud and a little bit selfish, but can bear the burden of her father and of his own parents, after all. His ambition is guiding him wrongly, on a dark path. But otherwise, he's far better than the girl from innocent man. He's not imposing her something, he stays next to her up to the end of imprisoning. And the fact that he refused her parole could be better at the end of the day, because, outside, MH would transform her  life into a living hell. The worst for the better.So, her father made a mistake. From my point of view he was as lucid as everyone else. No loss of the memory, no incoherence, no nothing. Most of all, mad or sane, he revealed his guess, result of life experience or dumb observation: I know you framed YJ to go to jail in your stead." When the "Guilt" chapter is already closed for a guy like DH, what do you expect? Every time I try to "wear" his shoes, to try to figure his motivation. The only question mark is placed under San disappearance, I'm not sure that he's involved next to his mother on this doing or not. HOPE NOT. Because it become irrational...

@cynkdfi've watched her dramas from High Kick 3 till now and yes, I do think this is her best work yet which excites on what's more to come from her in the future. i think this work reflects a lot of her past work in to one. it shows how far she's come as an actress because she went from being usually bubbly characters to now this heartbroken devoted mother and girlfriend who's been labeled a criminal. 
the thing also is that, i've seen her in all the variety shows before she became an actress, she was so funny and outgoing (dumb and dumber with Kim Jong Min)...and it amazes me at far she's come. i'm looking forward to her work as an actress :) ---------
DH is really despicable in this episode. Call me anything but I still can't stand how he was in this episode. Disgustingly going after SY now that he's officially single and he knows that getting her on his side is the only way he can poke right back at MH now. MH may be a jackarse for what he's put YJ through but he's still more of a man than DH will ever be. The thing about MH and YJ is that they're both in the same position almost it's just that, they're handling their situations differently. 
MH lost his lover and his child. YJ lost her lover and her child. Although she didn't technically lose DH, we all know he's not the same man who she could've possibly fall in love with. He way too deep into trying to clean his trail that he doesn't really care about her anymore, if anything it looks like caring to her but we all know it's just to cover his richard simmons in case she slips up if possible. It still breaks my heart slightly, that she thought it was DH who was by her side at the hospital when it was MH all along. Hopefully she finds the truth to that soon. And for her child if he really did die or didn't die, either way she can't be a mother anymore. MH already has a dysfunctional family, and it's evident that he isn't close with his stepmom, step/half-sister, nor his father. As for YJ, she lost the only family she has left which was her father. 
However, ,now really they're around each other a lot more now then ever. For MH there's only SY and Kwangsoo who's really there for him. However, it'll probably change soon seeing how SY is at right this moment. For YJ, there's only ironically the 2 ladies she spent the most time with at the prison. 
Regardless, I'm torn about what MH meant at the end towards her: either he has figured out she's covering for someone possibly DH and questioning if she knows what she's done now or if he found out about the deleted evidence blackbox tape. Hopefully it's the 1st assumption. 

i really like the actors' work in here, they are all amazing.
Ji Sung can portray greatly characters with "mental problems", like here or in Protect the boss. The cases are different, but being able to seem completely normal but yet with a shade of crazyness I think is  a job only a great actor can do.

The same goes for Bae Soo Bin, who at first looked excactly like a normal salaryman (with personality's flows like being a coward, doing what your superiors want you to do despite being against it, etc), but when he's in danger he panics and do crazy things...just to feel guilty. But he repeats his mistakes.

Hwang Jung Eum rocks this role. Even the way she stutters is YooJung's way. She really studied, understood and got YJ charachter.

As for Lee Da Hee, She sure gave Se Yeon the right class. She's really strong and her golden but loveless word made her a cynic. Still, her longing for love made her almost naive and delusional. I pity her =(

Anyway, I think all this mess happened because DH and YJ were already in crisis. Or better, She still loved him deeply (I think she still does) and didn't notice He didn't loved her anymore. She took the blame because he is a coward, so he was left in debt with a person he was very attached to, but that he didn't love and it is terrible for him, because now he is linked with her always.The proof is that as soon as she got out they broke up LOL
If the there was deep mutual love all the problems would have vanished. Instead....

Guest sc_139f26602b3eeb130492aa9fdb0cd939

someone says secret is like thai lakorn.but secret is totally different from typical love_hate thai lakorn which potray male lead as worst villain and female as meek lamb.rape,torture,physical abuse all are part of show.raping a woman in name of revenge or love cant be justified.it is funny that after rape boy realise his fault and love for girl.girl also forgive him easily as if she wanted all. i dont like revenge thai lakorns.but i fell in love with secret as it shows all types of emotions with dignity.

Guest ravendark

Hello all, 
I am new here and wanted to say hi and thanks for recaps and comments. After watching episode 8 in raw, I was looking for any recaps can fill me in the parts I really didint get. So far I see I was mostly right about my assumptions. I usually watch raws first then subbed ones later, but impatient person like me need recaps after watching raw. This forum is quite fulfilling the need who are lookn for recaps. Thanks again.
For a note: Dh is changing because of his guilt. Covering one crime pushed him to the dark side I guess. I am thinking he's the one who stop the parole, take the child, caused the death of father of YJ. He will continue to do even worse if you ask me. 

Guest sara1117

I see what they are doing with SY character there. Turning her to the mean second lead in kdrama b-(

I liked her at first as I thought of her as an independet and strong woman who understood that MH likes JH so she didn't fight for him back then. I respect such women. But I can see her losing herself when realising MH has another interest or let's say can't let HJ go out of his life yet

Guest ravendark

sara1117 said:

I see what they are doing with SY character there. Turning her to the mean second lead in kdrama b-(

I liked her at first as I thought of her as an independet and strong woman who understood that MH likes JH so she didn't fight for him back then. I respect such women. But I can see her losing herself when realising MH has another interest or let's say can't let HJ go out of his life yet

DH manipulating her skillfully. She should wake up soon or she will hit the bottom with him in the end. She knew from the beginning MH is seeing her as a friend only. 

Anjali Gupta said: someone says secret is like thai lakorn.but secret is totally different from typical love_hate thai lakorn which potray male lead as worst villain and female as meek lamb.rape,torture,physical abuse all are part of show.raping a woman in name of revenge or love cant be justified.it is funny that after rape boy realise his fault and love for girl.girl also forgive him easily as if she wanted all. i dont like revenge thai lakorns.but i fell in love with secret as it shows all types of emotions with dignity.

Guest sara1117

@marie67

I haven't seen Incarnation of Money ( dropped it before HJE appear) But I can tell you about this one. I marathoned 7 episodes last night and watched ep 8 raw today ( I don't usually watch raw) It's a great drama. The cast is doing a great job and the writing is amazing too. A show that makes you curious the whole time and starving for answers.