[Drama 2013/2014] Ruby's Ring 루비의 반지

tikamacika

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ep 2 (Brief Summary)

Ruby broke up with Kyeong Min because he lied about his chaebol status. Kyeong Min wanted to start over with Ruby after 5 years but was rejected by Ruby. Kyeong Min came into JM Group (he is also the successor of JM Group) to court Ruby all over again.
Luna found out that she is pregnant with In Soo's child but she doesn't want to marry him and become his wife. (In Soo doesn't know that Luna is pregnant.)
Kyeong Min's parents wanted to find him a wife.
Ruby's aunt (father's side) is dating Dong Pal in secret but was seen by the her fellow worker at the cinema.

@gene71632 Is this a good drama to watch......I want to try watching this cos I like both female lead and especially male lead Kim Seok Hoon (I like him in All That Glitters/Twinkle Twinkle) but I if I do, will have to rely on your summarised recaps, since I could not find any subbed episodes yet. 

I haven't watched yet. But I wonder if it gonna be hard to understand the characters? How does the switching thing works? Life gonna be complicated once it happens. Like a start from zero?

@gene71632. Actually I don't mind a short summary, just tell us what happens to the main leads is enough. As long as you still watching please post your summary. Thanks!

Ruby is the good twin who is sensible and works in the Marketing Team of JM Group, well favored by widowed mum. Luna is the troublesome twin who works in the broadcasting station as a reporter. She's vain and greedy. She likes to spend money on clothes, a more frivolous and scheming (I wonder if that is the right word to use) character.
Ep 1 starts off with Luna (with Ruby's face) telling a interrogator (I think) in a dark room that she doesn't regret what she did (it didn't go into detail) and showing the car accident Luna and Ruby got into with an oncoming truck. 
The episode then went back to introducing Ruby and Luna (their occupation and what they are like).  In Soo was the PD at the broadcasting station and is in love with Luna.  Kyeong Min started off working in JM Group as her section chief which startled Ruby. 

OK that should make it easier to understand and follow now.....I was floundering for a while cos it said in synopsis said "2 sisters' fates change after an accident", it took me a while to figure how it changed.

@Anne41 Of course I have watched the trailer......that is why I thought it was a soul swapping kind of thing cos there is no way else of logically describing what happened.  After bandages removed from face, the girl shocked at what her face look like.......to us look like Ruby but ......

Ep 3
Kyeong Min seeks help from Ruby's superior/friend to reconcile with Ruby. He told the friend that he wanted to marry Ruby. Friend told Kyeong Min about Ruby's intention to resign from JM Group because of Kyeong Min. She also told Kyeong Min that Ruby is hating Kyeong Min right now but her love for him is still presence as she could well ignored him than leaving the company. 
In Soo took Luna to see a doctor after she kept nauseating during a lunch date and Luna was confirmed pregnant. In Soo was so happy but not Luna. In Soo said he is willing to abandon his bachelorhood for Luna but Luna feeling frustrated, refused to hear anymore. (Luna considered In Soo poor.)
The fellow worker, So Yeong in the chicken rib shop wanted to tell Gil Ja (Ruby & Luna's mother) about seeing the aunt, Cho Rim having a date with Dong Pal but was stopped by Cho Rim. 
Gil Ja met Luna with In Soo by chance. In Soo told Gil Ja that he wanted to marry Luna. 
Gil Ja dragged Luna home and asked what relationship she has with In Soo and asked if it true concerning marriage. Luna claimed that In Soo was only joking and denied that she is getting married.
Kyeong Min was shown a picture of his potential wife who is working in a broadcasting station and was pressured by his family to go for a blind date. His father had operation for early stage cancer not long ago. He and his mother wanted to see Kyeong Min married. Kyeong Min told his family that there is a woman he wanted to marry. He told them that is someone he knows during his university days and is working in their company (JM Group) and he showed them her picture. The family was surprised. 
Gil Ja discovered that Luna had a mole on one of the sole of her feet when both daughters were drinking Korea medicine. Luna said that it is a branded mole. All three started to laugh. 
Luna answered a call on Ruby's behalf from Kyeong Min and she introduced herself as Ruby's younger sister. Luna asked if Kyeong Min is Ruby's department head. Kyeong Min answered yes. Luna told Kyeong Min that she thought he was Ruby's boyfriend. Kyeong Min didn't deny that. Ruby snatched the phone from Luna. Kyeong Min told that he is on his way to see her.  Luna questioned Ruby about Kyeong Min when the call ended and asked how she did it. Ruby told Luna that it is not so and Kyeong Min someone she knows from her uni days. Luna asked if Kyeong Min was her college sweetheart. Ruby nodded. Luna found out from Ruby that Kyeong Min is JM Group's successor. Luna can't believe Ruby's luck and told Ruby to hold on to Kyeong Min. After Ruby went out to meet Kyeong Min, Luna cannot stand Ruby's pretentious self. She asked how Ruby can conceal the matter completely. 
Ruby meets Kyeong Min outside her house. Luna went to have a peak as they drove off. 
Kyeong Min told Ruby that the only person he wanted to marry is her even though they have been separated for so long. He asked if Ruby can understand and accept him. Kyeong Min asked if Ruby had never once thought of him/missed him. He asked Ruby to search deep within her heart how she feels about him. He asked Ruby if he is still not the one. Kyeong Min asked if they cannot be together. Ruby said she loved Kyeong Min five years ago but she does not know Kyeong Min of JM Group now. Kyeong Min told Ruby that he hasn't changed from the person who loved her five years ago. Ruby said it is over between them and what Kyeong Min is doing is giving her a lot of unnecessary burden. Kyeong Min said they haven't broken up but just temporarily separated. Ruby begged Kyeong Min not to waiver her resolute by his sudden appearance. She has been living well without him. Ruby told Kyeong Min to let her go and not to hurt her or waiver her. Kyeong Min hugged Ruby, apologizing to her, asking her for her forgiveness. Kyeong Min said he did wrong but he doesn't want to lose her the second time. Ruby was in tears.
Gil Ja is thinking about what In Soo said about marying Luna at night in bed. Gil Ja felt that In Soo is not joking and thinks that In Soo is all right. 
Cho Rim is not happy that Gil Ja is only looking after the health of herself, Ruby and Luna (buying the Korean medicine) and leaving her out.
Kyeong Min's father called the company to find out more about Ruby and he seems quite happy with what he heard. Kyeong Min's mother prefer the other girl that was introduced. Kyeong Min's father said he is willing to let Kyeong Min marry Ruby if she is not bad. Kyeong Min's mother wanted Kyeong Min's father to find out more about Ruby before making any decisions. Kyeong Min's father agreed.
Luna is fueled with jealousy over Ruby's rich boyfriend, Kyeong Min. She angrily asked why she can't meet that sort of man. 
Ruby and Kyeong Min had reconciled.
Cho Rim scolded So Yeong for not helping around the shop and playing with her hand phone. So Yeong said that Cho Rim is only pretending to be gentle in front of Dong Pal. Gil Ja came out and asked what's going on. So Yeong told Gil Ja that she is not feeling well and just wanted a rest. Gil Ja told Cho Rim to be more understanding. Cho Rim said she is also in pain and is tired and mentioned the Korean medicine that Gil Ja is drinking. So Yeong said that Dong Pal is Cho Rim medicine to cure her. Gil Ja asked what So Yeong is saying. Cho Rim angrily put a rag in So Yeong's mouth the second time. Both broke out into a fight. 

Guest azjhoon

I'm the newest Soompi member I guess. For my very first comment.... thank you all for this active Ruby's Ring thread...@gene71632, your translations whether brief or long matters a lot to me. Thank you so very much! I wish that you continue to post the episode gist at this thread, you just don't know how happy you made me with your  translations. It's just too bad that neither one of the popular Kdrama websites (DF,CR,Hulu,Viki,Good Drama) here in the US has ever committed to uploading this drama.  @gene71632, please don't get tired with your summary posts, I will be looking forward to reading your posts on a daily basis.
@Tikamacika, thank you so much for starting this forum. I can't thank you enough for your effort.
and to everyone here at this forum, I'm looking forward to a wonderful thread until the final episode.
And to KSH, my ultimate K actor/DJ/Host, after watching him @ Twinkle Twinkle, he caught my eyes and my heart with his charisma and down to earth attitude on and off screen. Luv him so much!   I wish him all the best and hope that he wins another excellent acting award with this drama.
Good Luck to Ruby's Ring, and wish this drama skyrockets in ratings after a few more episodes. Happy watching to all!

Ep 4

Dong Pal (working as the chef in the chicken rib shop) came into the shop to stop Cho Rim and So Yeong from fighting. Cho Rim got angry as nobody sided with her and went out of the shop.  Cho Rim called Ruby out to pour out her woes and complaint about Gil Ja.

Kyeong Min’s father came to the company to see Kyeong Min, more so to take a peak at Ruby in the Marketing Team.  He accidentally got hit by a scooter while he was inspecting outside the building and fell unconscious. Ruby saw it and sent him to the hospital.  When Kyeong Min rushed to the hospital after being contacted, Ruby was surprised that the man she helped was Kyeong Min’s father.

Luna wanted to abort the baby but the doctor refused to do so as it is illegal.

Luna went to see In Soo. Luna blamed In Soo for her pregnancy and went ballistic.  In Soo told Luna not to worry as he is here.  Luna told In Soo that she doesn’t want to live like this and doesn’t want the baby who is a stumbling block to her life.  In Soo can’t believe that Luna treats the baby as her stumbling block to her life.  Luna told In Soo that she doesn’t want to get married yet as her aim in life is to be successful.  Luna refused to live like this and is at the loss of what to do. She burst into tears.

Kyeong Min’s father woke up in hospital.  Kyeong Min introduced Ruby to his parents and told them that it was her who sent the dad to the hospital.

Kyeong Min told Ruby as they were walking at the corridor of the hospital that he had already mentioned to his parents that she is the one that he is going to marry and he reiterate to Ruby once again that he is not going to miss another chance with her and told her not to run away.  He asked for a kiss since there is no one around.  Ruby told Kyeong Min that he is crazy.

Cho Rim is still angry with So Yeong at the end of the day and refused to acknowledge her when she bid her farewell.  Cho Rim told Gil Ja that she should have sided with her no matter what.  Dong Pal called Cho Rim asking her to treat him to dinner as he had done most of her chores for her today. Gil Ja asked Cho Rim who she is going to meet. Cho Rim said it is a friend that Gil Ja doesn’t know about and made up a name (Dong Su). Dong Pal had a laugh.

Cho Rim and Dong Pal ended up back in the shop, having dinner together.  Gil Ja forgot her accounts book and went back to the shop. Cho Rim noticed that Gil Ja had come back to the shop and both went into hiding.  Gil Ja found them and told them to come out.  Gil Ja took her accounts book and went out as if nothing happens.

Kyeong Min’s father told his wife that he is quite happy with Ruby and praised Kyeong Min for having a good eye with people. Kyeong Min told his wife to let both of them get married as soon as possible if they liked each other. His wife asked what the urgency is and wanted Kyeong Min to meet with the woman at the broadcasting station first.  Kyeong Min said Ruby is the person that Kyeong Min likes. Even if they placed a concubine in front of Kyeong Min, he will not blink an eye. 

Cho Rim came home. Gil Ja asked Cho Rim if she had that sort of relationship with Dong Pal. Gil Ja asked why Cho Rim lied to her about meeting with Dong Su.  Gil Ja felt betrayed.  Cho Rim told Gil Ja not to say that and it should be her that felt betrayed. Cho Rim asked why Gil Ja left her out from having the tonic and not considered her as part of the family.  Gil Ja said it was Cho Rim who suggested buying tonic for the two girls.  It seems that the woman whom Gil Ja’s husband lived with let Cho Rim take the child back home. Cho Rim asked why Gil Ja had to hate her for that as she did nothing wrong.  Gil Ja told Cho Rim to come to her senses and mind her words.  Cho Rim asked how she knows if Ruby is her child or Luna is her child as both children looked alike.  Cho Rim said she cannot differentiate between the two but Gil Ja claimed that Cho Rim did so intentionally and dislike her for that.  Cho Rim suggested that Cho Rim should conduct a DNA test and threw one child away, whether it is Ruby or Luna.  Cho Rim asked Gil Ja if she said anything wrong.  Gil Ja slapped Cho Rim and told her to mind her words as those words cannot be spoken.

At the breakfast table, the grandmother asked when Kyeong Min is getting married. The father also enquired about Ruby’s family background. Kyeong Min told his father that Ruby’s family opened a chicken rib shop and her father passed away early. Ruby sent herself to college by working part-time and through scholarships. Mum asked the family members she had. Kyeong Min told them that Ruby is the older sister of a twin.  The father wanted Kyeong Min to bring Ruby home to see them once and urged Kyeong Min to start marriage preparation if he wanted to get married.  The grandmother said that she trusted Kyeong Min’s eyesight 100%. The mother wasn’t happy.

Kyeong Min called Ruby, telling her to set a date for their wedding.  Luna overheard their conversation in bed. 

timsha said: @Anne41 Of course I have watched the trailer......that is why I thought it was a soul swapping kind of thing cos there is no way else of logically describing what happened.  After bandages removed from face, the girl shocked at what her face look like.......to us look like Ruby but ......

@scout Thanks for clearing that up.....a bit far fetched cos each girl had different body structure, height, hair length, etc for the mum not to be able to identify them but I guess this is Kdrama after all, we will have to swallow discrepancies.  Now I see how the mole under the real Luna's feet will come into play later as to who the real Ruby is.

Guest azjhoon

Hi @ laquetahodge, thank you for welcoming me.For current releases, I'm  watching Goddess of Marriage, Scandal, Lee Soon Shin is the best , Cruel Palace. I also started to watch the Golden Empire, but it seems too boring for me. I will watch Good Doctor when it's almost the end , so I can do a  marathon viewing, Still contemplating on Jung Yi and Master's Sun. For now, my priority is to watch Ruby's Ring till the end. I am aware that I will get disappointed and annoyed especially during the middle parts of the drama just like the other long running dramas, but I promise to stay until the final episode. Thanks again!

@gene71632, thanks so much for the summary. It was such a good timing because I just finished watching the 4th episode on a chines website. Thank you, thank you, thank you! See you again soon!

Ep 5

In the morning, Luna was in bed when she overheard the conversation between Ruby and Kyeong Min on the phone regarding setting date for their wedding. Kyeong Min wanted to pick Ruby up for work and their favorite song was playing on the morning radio (Dream a Little Dream of Me). Luna wasn’t happy with Ruby’s smiling face in the morning and asked if Ruby is really getting married. Ruby answered yes.  Luna asked if Ruby had spoken to their mother. Ruby answered that she hasn’t yet. Luna said that their mother will be happy that she gained a rich son-in-law. Ruby told Luna that it is not confirmed yet. Luna said that it seems that the man is completely smitten with Ruby. Luna told Ruby to simply get married as there is no need for her to be tangled up over the matter. Ruby said she has had enough savings. Luna told Ruby that the man side is rich anyway and they will see to it.  Luna congratulated Ruby.  

Cho Rim saw Ruby drove away in the car with Kyeong Min. She went home telling Gil Ja and Luna that she saw Ruby went with a man in an expensive car.  Luna told them not to worry as Ruby is in love. They started querying Luna about Ruby’s boyfriend. Luna told them she doesn’t know much herself. Cho Rim is starting to get worried and wondered if Ruby’s boyfriend is an old man, a divorcee, or someone who had a wife since it is such an expensive car the man is driving. Gil Ja wasn’t happy with what Cho Rim is inciting.  Cho Rim and Gil Ja broke out in a bicker in front of Luna. Luna can’t be bothered with them. Cho Rim wanted Luna to tell them what she knows. Luna told them that the guy wanted to marry Ruby and she doesn’t know anything else other than that.

In the car, Kyeong Min asked Ruby if they should skip work since it is such a fine day. Kyeong Min told Ruby that his father wanted him to take Ruby home formally. Ruby told Kyeong Min that she isn’t prepared (financially?). Kyeong Min told her that he will take care of everything and all Ruby needs to do is to stay still. Kyeong Min took Ruby horse riding instead of going to work.

[scenes of Kyeong Min and Ruby’s outing.]

Luna got a call for an audition. She started to get herself prepared. Gil Ja came in and started asking Luna what kind of guy Ruby is dating. Luna told Gil Ja to ask Ruby personally as she doesn’t know and she is busy. Luna told Gil Ja that she is going for an audition today for a program that is going to be broadcast in Seoul. She said she is going to be famous once she reached Seoul using whatever means. She told Gil Ja that she will be filial to her once she becomes famous. Gil Ja told Luna to tidy up the clothes to show her filial piety and left the room. Luna was begrudging doing so when she found Ruby’s diary in the drawer. She found a picture of Ruby and Kyeong Min together.

Luna received a call from In Soo to come out to meet him. In Soo actually bought some baby clothing for Luna before he went away for an assignment. Luna was speechless.

Kyeong Min called Ruby for lunch.

So Yeong asked Cho Rim if she is having a quarrel with Gil Ja. So Yeong wanted to make peace with Cho Rim. So Yeong told Cho Rim not to be so childish as she will not mention Dong Pal again in front of Gil Ja. So Yeong asked if Cho Rim really had a fight with Gil Ja. Cho Rim told So Yeong that she need not know about the matter and gestured So Yeong to attend an incoming customer.

Luna went for the ‘audition’. As there was a changed in the PD for the program, the new PD told Luna that he had hired another person as Luna is about to get married. The new PD told Luna that he knew about it. Luna told the new PD that there seems to be a misunderstanding. The new PD told Luna that his lips are sealed. It seems that In Soo that told him that he will get married after his assignment in China and requested the new PD not to cast Luna in the new program. The new PD told Luna that he did not lie about the matter and congratulated Luna. He told Luna that In Soo is overjoyed.

An angry Luna tried to get in contact with In Soo. In Soo told Luna that he is in the midst of a meeting and will call her back later.

Luna angrily barged into In Soo’s house to confront him about dropping her for the program whilst he was in a meeting with a script writer.  The writer left. Luna told In Soo that it is not want she wanted. She asked why In Soo told the new PD not to cast her. Luna demanded In Soo to give her a reason. In Soo told Luna that she should know the reason. In Soo told Luna that they should get married. Luna asked if she is the type of woman that will grab onto a man. In Soo said it is he who wanted to grab on to her and begged Luna to marry him. Luna told In Soo that she doesn’t want to get married. Luna said that In Soo should know what she really wanted and she wanted to shine in the new program. She asked In Soo why he is blocking her path. Luna asked how important this program is as it will be broadcast in Seoul. Luna told In Soo that she intends to do it and she is confident. Luna demanded that In Soo called the new PD to say that she is not getting married and to cast her. In Soo told Luna that the matter has already been decided. Luna refused to believe that it is too late and told In Soo to go with her to explain that it is a misunderstanding and a joke. In Soo told Luna that he knows how it important it is to her but the more important thing now is marriage. Luna told In Soo that she is not thinking of getting married and that In Soo has read her wrongly. In Soo was distraught and asked if Luna got close to him for that (to get into the program). In Soo asked Luna what will happen to the child if they don’t get married. Luna said she will see to it herself. In Soo demanded to know what Luna is going to do. He asked if Luna is intending to be an unwedded mother. Luna said she will see to it as it is her child. In Soo angrily asked how it is only her child. Luna said it is her child in her body and whether the child lived or die, it is her matter. Luna said if In Soo is like this, the child will die. In Soo asked Luna how she can so easily do that.  Luna said it is easily than destroying one’s life. Luna went ballistic and demanded In Soo called the new PD immediately or else she will not see him again. In Soo agreed and demanded that they end their relationship. He told Luna to get out. Luna agreed to end their relationship. In Soo warned Luna that if she dares to abort the baby, he will make sure that Luna will never step into the entertainment circle again. Once Luna went out of the door, In Soo went crazy screaming, throwing cups and things everywhere.   Luna had tears running down her eyes saying this is better for them since In Soo is not rich and without powerful backing. Luna said she had picked the wrong man.

Ruby came back from lunch with Kyeong Min and was having coffee with her superior/friend. Her friend advises Ruby to get married quickly to avoid unnecessary scandal as it will harm her. Ruby told her friend that nothing has changed. Her friend said that everyone around can see. Kyeong Min came by. Her friend asked when he is going to marry a wife. Kyeong Min said soon and asked the friend to get the wedding gift ready. Her friend began to tease Ruby about it after Kyeong Min left.

Kyeong Min’s mother received a call from Kyeong Min that he is planning to bring Ruby home today. Kyeong Min’s mother wasn’t prepared to meet Ruby but Kyeong Min’s father was eager. Kyeong Min’s father asked the mother if she is jealous of Ruby that she had snatched Kyeong Min from her. The mother admitted it. The father laughed.

Gil Ja pour a bowl of tonic for Cho Rim at the shop. Cho Rim refused to accept and they kept pushing the bowl of tonic back and forth. Gil Ja asked Cho Rim what had she done wrong exactly that Cho Rim refuses to look at her or speak with her all day. Gil Ja admit that she is a bad woman. Cho Rim sarcastically said she is glad that Gil Ja knows that. Cho Rim complains that she had lived in the family for 30 years and why Gil Ja only buys tonic for herself and her two daughters. She also said that Gil Ja is drinking the most expensive tonic and she is angry about that. Cho Rim felt that she is an outsider. Gil Ja told Cho Rim that she is an outsider. Gil Ja told Cho Rim that she had took care of Cho Rim ever since she was married into the family. Gil Ja’s husband died after a year of their marriage. He had an affair outside and never came home and even had a child born out of wedlock. Gil Ja said she had never once felt that Cho Rim is an outsider and she treated as though she is raising three daughters. Gil Ja sarcastically said that she had treated Cho Rim as an outsider and giving her poorer treatment than the rest of the family. Gil Ja told Cho Rim that she is not a bad woman or else she would have threw Cho Rim away. Gil Ja felt that Cho Rim had hurt her over the tonic. Gil Ja said she knows how pitiful Cho Rim is; she followed her mother who remarried and then her after her brother died. She said that Cho Rim must have grown up looking at other people’s mood. Gil Ja asked if Cho Rim will be satisfied no matter how well she does. Gil Ja asked Cho Rim what she should do to satisfy her. Gil Ja told Cho Rim to live together like this and that she doesn’t dislike Cho Rim. Gil Ja told Cho Rim to treat as though she didn’t understand her and asked Cho Rim for her forgiveness for slapping her. Gil Ja told Cho Rim that it will not happen again. Both started crying. Cho Rim apologized to Gil Ja. Gil Ja told Cho Rim that she had bought a new batch of tonic just for her as she felt that Cho Rim must have felt unfairly treated. Gil Ja told Cho Rim to drink up quickly and find a good man to marry. Cho Rim refused to get marry. Gil Ja told Cho Rim that she doesn’t want to get tired of looking after her in laws (she doesn’t mean that) and wanted Cho Rim to find a family to marry into. Gil Ja told Cho Rim to drink the tonic up quickly. Cho Rim drank and went to hug Gil Ja. Their fight is over.

Ruby was in Kyeong Min’s car and wondered why the restaurant is so far away. Kyeong Min said it is no ordinary restaurant but a very special restaurant. Ruby told Kyeong Min that she is going to get angry if she is not happy with it. Kyeong Min drove Ruby to his home to meet his family. Ruby was surprised. Kyeong Min assured Ruby that it has been prearranged. Ruby was reluctant to go in. Kyeong Min told Ruby to come out from the car quickly as his parents are waiting.

The family were anxiously waiting for Kyeong Min to bring Ruby home to meet them. Kyeong Min’s father was the most anxious to meet Ruby. Kyeong Min told his family that he didn’t mentioned to Ruby that he is bringing her home and told them not to mind that Ruby coming empty-handed. Kyeong Min thanked Ruby for coming they were about to head to the dining room.

Preview Ep 6

1. Luna questioned Gil Ja if Ruby and her are really twins that comes out from her belly as they are so different.
  2. Kyeong Min told Ruby that they will live like this as one for the rest of their lives.
  3. Luna who is jealous of Ruby asked how she makes such a man completely falls for her like this and what her secret is.
  4. Dong Pal asked Cho Rim if she likes him.  So Yeong asked if Cho Rim is really in love with Dong Pal.  
  5. Luna asked if In Soo believed in love as she doesn’t.
  6. Luna was asked if she had gained weight after a broadcast and that was told she should manage her weight.
  7. Luna asked Ruby if she can go to the hospital with her. In Soo said it is murder (referring to abortion).

Archived