[Drama 2013/2014] King's Family | Wang's Family 왕가네 식구들

conankung

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

conankung said: suchadiva42 said: conankung said:

We haven't seen the interaction between mom and 2 youngest kids much in the first ep. It looks like Gwang Bak is the one who is taking care of her brother. I'm not sure about mom but GB sure doesn't spoil him. I laugh everytime I see her with the baseball bat. :D

The one who is spoiled by mom i think is actually the 1st daughter Soo Bak. Even though I don't understand much of what is said, it was quite hard to watch the scene at the dinner table where mom embarrassed her 2nd daughter in front of every family member. I felt bad for her.

Guest reijaye

@dexter8010 oh welcome aboard!!!!

Done watching ep 2 raw.. i dont know about you guys but after watching today's episode i have a feeling that there's an 80% chance that there's a birth secret going on with Ho Bak..  i don't understand why the mother is treating Ho Bak like richard simmons... and it seems to me that the father and the rest of family (except GB) doesn't seem to care...  i dont see any other reason why her mother is treating her like that because if HB is her real daughter at least show some kinda damn mercy...

anyways i like the chemistry between Lee Yoon Ji and Han Joo  Wan

reijaye said: @dexter8010 oh welcome aboard!!!!

Done watching ep 2 raw.. i dont know about you guys but after watching today's episode i have a feeling that there's an 80% chance that there's a birth secret going on with Ho Bak..  i don't understand why the mother is treating Ho Bak like richard simmons... and it seems to me that the father and the rest of family (except GB) doesn't seem to care... 

anyways i like the chemistry between Lee Yoon Ji and Han Joo  Wan

I started watching this for the veteran actors and I love that it gives me the feeling of a 90's family drama. <3

Everyone seems to think there's a birth secret, but I'm sure there isn't. The mom just adores her oldest daughter the most and Hobak always felt so neglected that she thought she was adopted. I'm sure the fact that Soobak married rich and Hobak married poor really distinguished them more. I think it said in the character descriptions that after Hobak had children, she realized her mom's feelings, because it's true that mothers can have favorites amongst their children.

I don't know if this has been addressed, but I love the names of the four kids!! Soobak means watermelon and Hobak means Pumpkin, and there's a popular Korean saying: "Drawing lines on a pumpkin won't turn it into a watermelon." It means that something ugly can never become pretty (I'm sure you've heard it a lot in dramas, especially from the mean, rich male protagonist to the plain, poor female protagonist before he falls in love with her). So the names are appropriate for Soobak and Hobak. Also, when they finally get a son, I love that they named him Daebak. LOL. And to put their last name, Wang (or "King") in front of everything just emphasizes their names' meanings even more.

Guest kawaiiyuki

It would be funny if HB just thinks she's adopted but she's really not adopted just cause her mother treats her badly. I'm saying it's the right thing to do, it would just twist things up.

scout said: I started watching this for the veteran actors and I love that it gives me the feeling of a 90's family drama. <3

Everyone seems to think there's a birth secret, but I'm sure there isn't. The mom just adores her oldest daughter the most and Hobak always felt so neglected that she thought she was adopted. I'm sure the fact that Soobak married rich and Hobak married poor really distinguished them more. I think it said in the character descriptions that after Hobak had children, she realized her mom's feelings, because it's true that mothers can have favorites amongst their children.

I don't know if this has been addressed, but I love the names of the four kids!! Soobak means watermelon and Hobak means Pumpkin, and there's a popular Korean saying: "Drawing lines on a pumpkin won't turn it into a watermelon." It means that something ugly can never become pretty (I'm sure you've heard it a lot in dramas, especially from the mean, rich male protagonist to the plain, poor female protagonist before he falls in love with her). So the names are appropriate for Soobak and Hobak. Also, when they finally get a son, I love that they named him Daebak. LOL. And to put their last name, Wang (or "King") in front of everything just emphasizes their names' meanings even more.

Guest jjsweeter0211

"The Wang Family" breaks through 20%

Source | 2013/09/01 | 

photo344031.jpg

"The Wang Family" broke through 20% in just two episodes.

According to Nielsen Korea, the second episode of the KBS 2TV drama "The Wang Family" rated 23.8%. This is 4.1% higher than the previous episode.

"The Wang Family" happily its first foot out by coming in first in just two episodes.

Meanwhile, MBC drama "Gold, Appear!" came in second with 21.2% and MBC "Scandal" rated 15.9%. "TheGoddess of Marriage" rated 9.7%.

Source : www.newsen.com/news_v... ( English )

@scout Thank you so much for the clarification of the names. I know there's a saying about pumpkins and watermelons but I don't remember the exact words and the meaning of it.

I really hope that at some point in time we will see mom and HB's touching, heartfelt understanding/reconciliation moment. She deserves it. My heart aches for her everytime mom treats her badly.

Guest NEWMARIO

King’s Family Episode 2 Review: Han Joo Wan Warns Lee Yoon Ji Not to Fall in Love with Him class="post-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; line-height: 30px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-size: 20px !important; "King’s Family Episode 2 Review: Han Joo Wan Warns Lee Yoon Ji Not to Fall in Love with Him

1365062515-bpfull.jpg&w=40&id=24&random=Sunny  0 Comments  116 viewsSep 1, 2013

In King’s Family, episode 2, Choi Sang Nam(played by Han Joo Wan) warned Wang Gwang Bak(played by Lee Yoon Ji) not to fall in love with him.

Gwang Bak was thankful to Sang Nam for taking care of her younger brother Wang Dae Bak(played by Choi Won Hong). She took him to a restaurant to treat him food.

During the conversation, Sang Nam said, “Gwang Bak. First of all, you’re ugly, impatient, and curse too much. You have too many flaws. But those who are perfect can’t succeed. Since you have a lot of flaws, I hope you overcome those problems and succeed later.”

He also continued, “Women tend to go for bad guys. I know that because I know women well. So you too, don’t fall in love with me.”

cr: koreandrama

Guest NEWMARIO

[Ratings: 08.31-09.01.13] ‘King’s Family’ Debuts Strong

intresting
  •   
  • Facebookweiborenren
  • 0Rating

2013.09.02 10:23  CJ E&M enewsWorld Grace Danbi Hong

Following in the footsteps of Lee Soon Shin, KBS introduced King’s Family to the world. To everyone’s surprise, the viewers welcomed it with open arms. 

Just after two episodes, King’s Family broke into 20%, rising 4.1 percent from its first episode ratings. 

King’s Family is about three generations living under the same roof with the parents favoring certain children over the other, creating a hilarious environment. Both the story and the actors have been praised for presenting something that anyone can relate to. 

It may be too early on, but some people are already titling it the nation’s drama.

52508115.jpg

Saturday, August 31, 2013
    Dramas

8:00 PM

1. KBS King’s Family19.7

10:00 PM

1. MBC Scandal 16.5

2. SBS Goddess of Marriage 11.1

Variety

1. MBC Infinity Challenge 12.0

2. SBS Star King 10.1 

3. MBC The Quiz to Change the World 8.2 

4. KBS Immortal Song 7.9 

5. MBC We Got Married 6.3

Cable

Mnet’s Dancing 9 0.910

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Dramas

8:00 PM

1. KBS King’s Family 23.8

10:00 PM

1. MBC Scandal 15.9

2. SBS Goddess of Marriage 9.7

Variety

5:00 PM

1. MBC Real Man 17.9

2. MBC Dad! Where Are We Going? 17.8 

3. SBS Running Man 11.3 

4. KBS 1 Night 2 Days 8.4 

5. SBS Barefooted Friends 5.8

6. KBS Mamma Mia 5.0 

9:00 PM

KBS Gag Concert 17.5

*All ratings are based on AGB Nielson Media Research

Photo credit: KBS

Guest NEWMARIO

Lee Tae-ran acts as the housekeeper of Oh Hyun-kyeong's house

Source | 2013/09/01 | 39 views | Permalink | 0 Comments

photo344035.jpg

Lee Tae-ran was the housekeeper of her sister Oh Hyun-kyeong's house.

On the second episode of the KBS 2TV drama "The Wang Family", Wang Soo-bak (Oh Hyun-kyeong) ordered Wang Ho-bak (Lee Tae-ran) like a housekeeper.

As her husband Ko Min-joong (Jo Seong-ha) fired their housekeeper, she called in her sister Wang Ho-bak. She came over to her sister's house to cook, clean and watch the kids. Meanwhile, Wang Soo-bak was chatting on the phone.

Wang Ho-bak took home her sisters clothes and bags on top of her day's pay. Wang Soo-bak suggested, "Why don't you quit your day job at the office and just come work for me?" Even their mother Lee Ang-geum (Kim Hae-sook) agreed with it.

Wang Ho-bak didn't respond to this and just took the items home then sold them at the office the next day and made more money for her living.

Source : www.newsen.com/news_v... ( English )

Guest NEWMARIO

class="entry-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 20px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 2.4em; vertical-align: baseline; font-family: inherit; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); line-height: 1.375; " class="entry-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 20px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 2.4em; vertical-align: baseline; font-family: inherit; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); line-height: 1.375; "[CHART] Weekly TV Rating : Aug 26 – Sept 1Posted on 2013/09/02 by Kang Jung Yeon in TV with 0 Comments

TV ratings for the week of August 26 to September 1, 2013. [Nielson Korea]

TV ratings for the week of August 26 to September 1, 2013. [Nielson Korea]

Reporter. Kang Jung-yeon atoz@tenasia.co.kr
Editor. Lee Hye-ji hjlee@tenasia.co.kr

<ⓒ Korea Entertainment Media Co., LTD. (www.tenasia.com) All rights reserved.>

Archived