[Drama 2013/2014] King's Family | Wang's Family 왕가네 식구들

conankung

Meet the lovely daughters of the Wang family

[2013-08-21]

1816_4886_l.jpg

At a glance it looks like a still cut of a beauty contest!

The daughters of the Wang family are gathered together dressed up in their Hanbok or traditional Korean dresses.

Meet the cast: Oh Hyun-kyung, Lee Tae-ran, Lee Yoon-ji and Moon Ga-young.

The new weekend drama "The Wang Family"(Written by Moon Young-nam, directed by Jin Hyung-wook, produced by Dream E&M) is set to air on August 31st on KBS 2TV.

The 4 daughters of the Wang family Soo-bak(Oh Hyun-kyung), Ho-bak(Lee Tae-ran), Gwang-bak(Lee Yoon-ji and Hae-bak(Moon Ga-young) were seen together.

The four actresses playing the daugthers of the Wang family were dressed in Hanbok and looking as friendly as real sisters.

And once they got together they couldn't stop talking and smiling.

Their positive energy proved to be contagious, with everyone on set having a great time working together.

The story revolves around the four sisters from the oldest sister Soo-bak played by Oh to the youngest Hae-bak played by Moon.

Soo-bak married a wealthy man Go Min-joong(Jo Sung-ha) and lived like a princess, but his went bankrupt, so she returned to live with her mom.

Ho-bak married a younger, jobless man named Huh Sae-dal(Oh Man-suk) and entered marriage hell.

Gwang-bak threw away a stable career as a teacher to pursue her dream of being a writer.

Hae-bak, the youngest and the brightest is perfect in every way, but she is brutally direct and is a walking emotional time bomb.

The four sisters are all smiles in the picture, but they all have different charms and different stories to share with the viewers.

There are other characters such as the parents of the four girls Wang Bong(Jang Yong) and Lee Ang-geum(Kim Hae-sook).

It's the updated, 2013 version family drama that realistically portray some of the conficts, issues and dilemmas typical families might face.

Writer Moon Young-nam and director Jin Hyung-wook have demonstrated how they can produce hit dramas through their past collaborations, so viewers are already brimming with great expectations.

1816_4888_l.jpg

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest samasta93

I hope there wouldn't be any form of secret birth surrounding the four daughters or a hidden son somewhere.. lol.. I'm just too tired and bored with such plots.. anyway, all the daughters are very pretty.. and since I'm more familiar with the three older daughters, I'm really looking forward their acting and characters.. :D

From dramabeans

Lee Yoon-ji’s new weekend drama King’s Family

by girlfriday | August 24, 2013 | 10 Comments

WangGa2.jpg

With You’re the Best, Lee Soon-shin winding down this weekend, it’s time to turn to the next KBS family drama headed our way. Isn’t there just something about that timeslot that’s like comfort food? Always a new family every 50 episodes, but they feel an awful lot like the last family, and the family before them. The new weekender is called King’s Family (or Royal Family, take your pick) — a pun on the family name Wang, bustling with five kids, Mom and Dad, Grandma, and even an uncle.

The drama isn’t very high-concept, and just promises a heartwarming tale about a large crazy family. Lee Yoon-ji (The Great Seer, The King 2 Hearts) headlines as the middle child and dreaded third daughter (you know, where you’re born and Grandma’s cursing by now that you’re not a boy and names you something horrible like Lee Soon-shin or Kim Sam-soon). This character is no exception: her name is Wang Kwang-bak. *shudder*

The new series comes from the PD-writer team behind Three Suspicious Brothers, and the cast is led by veterans Na Moon-hee (Grandma), Jang Yong (Dad), and Kim Hae-sook (Best Mom Ever). Mom and Dad have four daughters and one son, with a twenty-two year gap between the eldest and youngest of the siblings.

WangGa3.jpg

Oh Hyun-kyung and Lee Tae-ran play the two older sisters, each married with families of their own. And then the two younger siblings are teenagers — Fourth Sister is an eighteen-year old high schooler, and the maknae is a fifteen-year old boy, named hilariously, Wang Daebak (king jackpot).

Lee Yoon-ji is the middle child, described as the reliable family fixer. But one day she up and quits her stable job as a teacher in order to pursue her dream of becoming a writer. She’s a romantic at heart, which will clash very nicely with the playboy love interest who rolls into her life, played by newbie actor Han Joo-wan. I do love Lee Yoon-ji enough to check this out for her, though I make no promises about watching all 50 episodes. My love, it is conditional.

King’s Family premieres August 31 on KBS.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2013/08/lee-yoon-jis-new-weekend-drama-kings-family/

Guest kawaiiyuki

This kind of looks fun. I actually don't mind watching 50 episode family dramas. i was disappointed in the last two so i'm hoping this is better. I'm also hoping for no birth secrets.

This looks so much fun  but i'm kinda worried because LSS was also meant to be funny and light and who saw it knows what turned that to be so hope they let this one like this and not make it makjack as well,please,is it to much to have a fun drama...is it that hard to laugh and not cry on weekends

Guest Littlezaznangel

lol did u guys read the character description ( especially the 2nd daughter ) they kind of hinted it but in the same way dismiss the idea of a birth secret. 

I thought it was kinda funny also to see the word "birth secret" in the character description after we all agree that the idea ought not be included in the drama plot. :))
What I'm wondering is what the "great incident" is. Hopefully it's not something related to the birth secret. keke.  :P

And today is the press conference day. The scheduled time is 2pm Korean time.

Archived