[Official] SPARTACE COUPLE KimJongkook-SongJiHyo

Another article, an interesting part from Kpop Herald: Running Man will resume until February because of the friendship and respect of KJK and SJH who will go on despite the "injury". Ir is now to see if they can attract back the viewers who turned their back on SBS.

I personally think we should ask them to give a tribute award to RM in next sbs entertainmenr awards (next week). We now have proof that they read the instagram comments. The members deserve it after being witout a job because of the greed of one man, who didnt even apologize but sent Hwan PD to apologize instead.

Guest athoughtcloud1

It may be really hard for JK and JH. The members and some of the crew have been with them, still, they were the ones singled out for the firing, right? To come back to a show where only your services were considered dispensable! While I hope things go back to normal, it may take them some time to feel like playing the games again. The damage it has done to their selves is just too much! There might have been people they expected would back them but didn't. So an experience like this does make you take a serious re-look at the people around you.

34 minutes ago, bogummish said:

Some comments on Naver:

"KJK and SJH are saints"

"The production team dig their own grave" (this comment is being said a lot)

"KJK and SJH are the real loyal people"

"They ruined a good program and lost professional people. What a waste"

"Will Yoo Jae Suk apologize on their behalf again"

"this is why it's important to have a good pd"

"Gary come back, let's do it one last time as 7"

"KJK and SJH are loyal and good people. Thank you"

"Angel KJK and SJH"

"KJK and SJH are the generous ones, to stand there and play games after this humiliation" 

"Production crew, learn from this and treat KJK and SJH"

"KJK and SJH are jjang, awesome!"

"That's the power of united members"

Though in addition to @bogummish's translations, it would be good to share Kkuljaem's translation too:

http://kkuljaem.blogspot.com/2016/12/running-man-to-end-in-february-2017.html

Sports Chosun - Naver: [Exclusive] 'Running Man' confirmed to end in February... 'to wrap up with 6 members'

1. [+14,690, -101] Song Ji Hyo and Kim Jong Kook were very kind. The producers ultimately dug their own graves

2. [+10,083, -90] It seemed like the whole group wanted to quit, the producers tried to stop them but decided to just end it on February

3. [+7,208, -141] What even is the point of dragging it till February?

4. [+6,146, -44] They dug their own grave ㅋㅋㅋ

5. [+4,089, -73]ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

6. [+1,129, -24] Kim Jong Kook and Song Ji Hyo could've chosen to refuse right away but they stayed loyal. It's quite arrogant of the producers to throw them out like that

7. [+935, -32] A good program screwed by its own production team ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

8. [+788, -30] Makes me sad to see RM get ruined like this

9. [+741, -26] Song Ji Hyo and Kim Jong Kook are such saints. I can't believe they have to put up with this mess until February. If I were in their situation, I would've laughed and told them that I can't go on with filming. Ugh, I'm so sad. They've been in the show for 7 years but this is how it ends. I knew it would end someday but never imagined it to be this turbulent, what a shame

10. [+689, -23] Are you kidding? You made a joke out of Kim Jong Kook and Song Ji Hyo

11. [+490, -11] They ultimately dug their own grave

12. [+531, -38] Ugh.. Sad to see a good program get cancelled in the worst situation possible. I better watch 1N from now on. Kim Jong Kook and Song Ji Hyo were really kind through it all

• Like 7

I dont expect any ratings for RM tbh. Everyone will switch to 1n2d. KBS just hit the jackpot without even doing anything. Furthermore, Hwan Jin PD said that they dont even know when they will start filming again, they only have the blackpink and kim so hyun eps right now. 
i really just want them to get one last award and finish the eps with some guests to divert the attention and kill the awkwardness (but i am pretty sure no one will want to appear on this program again lol). I am curious to see what they will film, we have to wait 2 weeks for a new ep.

SBS will never see the end of this. Netizen are now digging old controversies related to editing the captions of RM, this is about the death of some korean figure, i dont grasp it fully. It's an old ep from when Gary was the goalkeeper. 
Netizen will dig everything that was wrong with the production now that their dirty laundry is exposed.

http://m.cstimes.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=233753

Can I say that what both JH and JK just did is really admirable.  I would not have been able to do what they did given their situation. Having to go back to a place where you know the boss tossed you out and it wasn't even the boss who came to apologize to talk things. I like that the statements from JK and JH stressed that it wasn't an issue between them and the members/production crew, but with SBS internally that the audience do not know the face of.  The amount love JK and JH give to the fans is beautiful.  Both of them know how much the fans love and appreciate the two, and how much the fans were caught off guard. You two are amazing in what you do and who you are as a person. 

I can't say I'm not disappointed that there are more than one filming now.  Filmings are still going to be awkward as hell, the morale of the cast will take time to get back to where they left off. I hope the PDs dedicate the remaining episodes to just the 6 of them, they deserve to recover from this without guests. And guests shouldn't have to be in an environment of walking on egg shells knowing this went down. 

Also applauding the rest of the members choosing to leave and end the show on February instead of right now because out of consideration for the crew and SBS to find a new show to replace RM. Even though SBS doesn't deserve what the cast is doing for the network. And for sure as hell does not deserve the class and grace JH and JK has shown throughout this whole thing. 

I never imagined RM ending would play out like this.

• Like 7

@lostinthisdream 

Quote" I can't say I'm not disappointed that the cast didn't decide to leave as whole and end filming next week"

Actually the reason for the emergency meeting in the first place is because the cast decided to all quit. So PDs called back KJK and SJH to do some damage control and save face. Pls dont misunderstand the other 4 too much, since they refused to go on with the show as four. Like I said, withiut Kang Ho Dong and with members refusing to go on,KJK and SJH just saved SBS a-ss. They should get a statue outside the SBS building.

@bogummish Whoops I guess I conveyed my message wrong. Too early for me to write properly. I'm sorry about that. I know the cast decided to quit, I was trying to say Im disappointed that they're still going on to film a couple more episodes and helping SBS and giving them more time to figure out their richard simmons when the cast doesnt have to.

Still want the cast to bycott the awards show, or namely JK and JH. Even if they give the two an award, we all know it's not an award they were planning to give them. 

• Like 3

Also major thanks to @bogummish and @pink007 and everyone else for staying up to date with the news and keeping us all updated. Truly appreciated! And thanks again to @bogummish for translating! 

This community in this thread has truly been one of the place online for RM fans to interact with each other without having anyone go down at anyone's throats, or giving out snarky remaks for having a differing opinion. So thanks to all you guys for keeping RM fandom a fun place to be in! 

• Like 11

I cant help but wonder if it wasnt better to have 6% ratings and a show than this mess and no show at all. I know I criticized the last episodes a lot but still, It's Running Man... Id always have watched it.

What a sad end to one of the best korean variety shows Ive seen. Some members could have career setbacks too, I'm mainly thinking abt Jae Suk Jin. Lee Kwang Soo is really good at variety, where will Asia's Prince go now? Haha and YJS have plenty of other options. KJK can easily find one. SJH is a model, actress, future MC. That's not to mention the VJs, and the entire RM crew cast, that's hundreds of people.
That one person ruined so many careers with his greed.

The one positive thing out of all of thing is the sense of pride we got from being RM fans. The members truly did not disappoint us, they are geniunly honest people and I couldnt be more proud to be a fan of all of them. I will root for all of them in their future ventures and I hope other stations pick them up when they realise how hardworking and honest they are.

Also another positive is KJK&SJH fans, whether individually or as Spartace. They showed SBS that these two are not to be messed with. SJH didnt have an easy path in the beginning of her career with netizen and that shady ceo so I am glad her fans gathered around to defend her against the sexist way she was thrown out. And I'm also proud of international fans, they made SBS shut down three posts on insta including an apology. Talk abt fan power.

@lostinthisdream it was my pleasure to translate, i hope we continue to discuss in this forum abt RM until it ends and what other memberz are up to after that, I feel like even if this is purely a Spartace thread but this experience made us appreciate and root for all members equally.

My utmost admiration for both SONG JI HYO and KIM JONG KOOK. If most of us were shocked and mad for what happened, i couldn't imagine how they would have felt for being tossed aside by SBS. I tried putting myself in their shoes and even with deep friendship, going back for 10 to 12 more weeks is too much for me. I'll probably just hibernate elsewhere. Hats off to you both for agreeing to keep RUNNING MAN as memorable as possible and gracefully exit as one by Feb 2017. I cant help but be emotional that they could be this selfless esp to their fans. I am a fan of Spartace and I would have continued to support whatever decision they would have made, but with their humble statement, they made us feel special. 

To the rest of RM members, staff, crews and vjs, we understand that you have your own needs but Thank you for being one with KJK and SJH. This is what a family is. May SBS learn from this and hopefully they will keep you employed even after RM. 

Hopefully, the next episodes will be focused more on the members, their family and friends. Maybe RM could have Tiny on the show. Invite back guests who have played or contributed to making RM funny, Yong hwa, Nickhun, Park Ji Sung, Noh Sa Yeon aka Tuna Lady... Please have Song Jong Ki and Gary even for just one episode. Have an episode with participation of the staff, they deserve to say their farewell too. 

Thanks guys for sharing and translating infos. 

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, 3493angelride said:

My utmost admiration for both SONG JI HYO and KIM JONG KOOK. If most of us were shocked and mad for what happened, i couldn't imagine how they would have felt for being tossed aside by SBS. I tried putting myself in their shoes and even with deep friendship, going back for 10 to 12 more weeks is too much for me. I'll probably just hibernate elsewhere. Hats off to you both for agreeing to keep RUNNING MAN as memorable as possible and gracefully exit as one by Feb 2017. I cant help but be emotional that they could be this selfless esp to their fans. I am a fan of Spartace and I would have continued to support whatever decision they would have made, but with their humble statement, they made us feel special. 

To the rest of RM members, staff, crews and vjs, we understand that you have your own needs but Thank you for being one with KJK and SJH. This is what a family is. May SBS learn from this and hopefully they will keep you employed even after RM. 

Hopefully, the next episodes will be focused more on the members, their family and friends. Maybe RM could have Tiny on the show. Invite back guests who have played or contributed to making RM funny, Yong hwa, Nickhun, Park Ji Sung, Noh Sa Yeon aka Tuna Lady... Please have Song Jong Ki and Gary even for just one episode. Have an episode with participation of the staff, they deserve to say their farewell too. 

Thanks guys for sharing and translating infos. 

I agree with everything heh but the chances of having tiny on RM is as guest is as slim as possible lol

• Like 4

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=047&aid=0002135640&gid=999339&cid=1051900

This article was a top trend in Naver, it's a tribute to Song Ji Hyo, the only female in variety land.

I tried to translate it:

There are a lot of people who do not watch this program, but I am a steady viewer of this program. The shows that pursue the laughter of the audience often come uncomfortably. In order to create laughter, it is often easier to give up on 'righteousness'. <Running Man> can not be completely free from this, but the reason why I supported this program was because of 'comfortable environement created by "relational equality'.

Unlike other gag and entertainment programs that create an uncomfortable laugh with gag sequences, Running Man used to be comfortable with its members. The eldest son, Ji Seokjin, was classified as the weakest in power, and was called the herbivorous 'Impala'. The youngest son, Gwang Soo, escaped from the role of the 'youngest obedient role that the young man should have'. (This is in contrast to Gwang-hee of Infinite Challenge.) (theyre trying to say RM broke the mold of how elders and youngsters should be treated)

In any program, Yoo Jae-suk, who naturally comes as a leader, was not exclusively one at RM. Rather than building a nifty image in the game, he was also responsible for the surrounding laughter. These members built up their own characters regardless of occupation, sex, age, career, etc. This was the greatest strength of <Running Man>.

In this environment , Song Ji-hyo's position was a little special. She was the only female member but not the youngest. As a variety performer, she didnt have experience in variety but she held the position of 'female actor' who is treated as 'flower'. In this ambiguity, it would not have been easy to turn herself into an artistic character. At the beginning of the program, she was reduced to a periphery role. Then came the role of the romance with Gary who is represented as "monday couple".

Over time, however, she began to appear at the front of the program as she personally characterized the couple dynamics. Not only did she win the prize in various games with her innate "toughness", but she also showed her strength and strength in fights. She actively rejected the concept of "Im a woman" and proved it with dedication to the program. She has been starring in many works such as one MBC drama, one KBS drama, 2 tvN dramas and oneJTBC drama, and still kept her place in RM.

This is not only  about her sincerity as a performer. Its abt her sincerity as a "person". She played the role of a good sister and a senior while taking care of the female guests who struggled with the  program. When a pretty female guest appeared, they used to laugh at the jokes of male members who made fun of the appearance and character of Ji-hyo who is a fixed member, and at the same time, they would puncture them with the concept of " This is Song Ji-hyo" despite such equal relations with male members, she said that she thought that "Maybe I am the only woman to cause damage" (2013 SBS Entertainment Awards). She was the one who constantly cares about the members.

So she spent seven years in the land of harsh variety performances and succeeded. She is the only female entertainer who has appeared as a fixed actor in the representative performances of the three broadcasting companies, "Infinite Challenge", "1 night 2 days" and "Running Man".

Song Ji Hyo leaves RM. The one program where a woman was treated equally like men.

I would like to express my gratitude to the members of the running men who have created equal performances for the last 7 years.

End of the article 

52 minutes ago, mary-ann said:

I agree with everything heh but the chances of having tiny on RM is as guest is as slim as possible lol

Just wishful thinking on my part. 

I saw a comment on IG that he should be Korea's new president. haha. 

Edited by 3493angelride
Add info
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, bogummish said:

I'm mainly thinking abt Jae Suk Jin. Lee Kwang Soo is really good at variety, where will Asia's Prince go now?

I agree about Jae Suk Jin, I didn't see him at any other variety show (maybe I'm wrong), as far as Lee Kwang Soo, he's making a lot of money in Samsung S7, he came a few time to Malaysia to promote Samsung S7 and recently Running man Challenge for 100 Plus. He is alsoa model for Buckaroo,Model for Silla duty Free and he also an Actor "Goddess of Fire".

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, nazeeyaa said:

I agree about Jae Suk Jin, I didn't see him at any other variety show (maybe I'm wrong), as far as Lee Kwang Soo, he's making a lot of money in Samsung S7, he came a few time to Malaysia to promote Samsung S7 and recently Running man Challenge for 100 Plus. He is alsoa model for Buckaroo,Model for Silla duty Free and he also an Actor "Goddess of Fire".

i think whats worrying for kwang soo is because he managed to get these achievements largely due to his running man image but if the running man hype goes down after a while, it might be difficult for him already after all he does not really have a representative drama or other projects apart from running man.... plus he is just starting to have a chance to play as a main lead in dramas so probably this timing might be bad for him

• Like 5

having in this forum for less than 1 month, mostly a silent reader, reading opinions and informations from all other members.

makes me sad when knowing that KJK and SJH will leave the show. i mean, i'm a Spartace so having to watch RM without one of them is already hard, let alone have to watch it without both of them, it's so..........sad

but eventually, everything must come to an end, at some point.

hopefully, by leaving RM, KJK can be more focus on his singing career, and SJH on her already tight schedule.

and because i'm Spartace followers, i hope this will be the starting point when they finally revealed that they're couple.

maybe, hopefully, in the future there would be RM with new member (Park ji sung, yonghwa, nichkhun, woobin, etc) but still with nametag ripping concept.

then our Spartace will be the guest.

" 8th Running Man entering the arena.......The Ace......Song Ji Hyo !!! "

" 9th Running Man entering the arena........The Commander.....Kim Jong Kook !!! "

and they both roaming the arena, ripping nametags and struck fears to all the other member 

• Like 3