BTS (방탄소년단) Official Thread: 2nd Chapter [#OT72025 #HobiD39 #RunJin #ComingSoonIAmStill #NevaPlay RM's birthday is coming.]

YongZura⁷

BTS’ Jimin Earns Top Trainee Title and His Father Shares a Heartfelt Letter to ARMYs

419512067_1056070192340035_2128950323522

Jimin of BTS has successfully finished his military recruit training, earning the prestigious title of the best trainee in his unit. This recognition is given to the trainee who achieves the highest overall marks across all assessments.

On January 18th, Jimin’s father shared a photo from his graduation ceremony. The picture captures Jimin surrounded by his family, proudly holding the certificate given to the most outstanding trainee of the five-week basic training period.

At the ceremony, Jimin received praise from the Division Commander, who recognized him as the top trainee among his peers. This acknowledgment often comes with perks like early promotion and a four-day vacation.

Jimin’s father shared his gratitude to fans on Instagram, saying, “Jimin finished his five-week military training, and it felt like both a forever and a quick journey at the same time. Your constant support and love made it all possible.”

Jimin took to Weverse on January 17th and shared a heartfelt letter to ARMYs. Starting with a casual “How are you doing?” he continued, “It’s been a little over a month. There are moments when it feels like a long time, and then there are times when it quickly passes, especially when I’m with Jungkook.”

“It hasn’t been that long, but I already miss you guys so much. I’ve been chatting with the members using pay phones.

And Jungkook is also doing well in the military. He’s excelling in training; the fellow recruits say, ‘Jungkook lives up to his reputation,’” he said.

Wrapping up the letter, he affectionately advised, “Don’t catch colds, ARMYs. Stay strong, healthy, and positive until I come back,” sending well-wishes to his dedicated fans.

source : https://ent.sbs.co.kr/news/article.do?article_id=E10010283051

*** The Korean Business Research Institute has revealed this month’s brand reputation rankings for individual boy group members!  The rankings were determined through an analysis of the consumer participation, media coverage, communication, and community awareness indexes of 716 boy group members, using big data collected from December 20, 2023 to January 20, 2024.    :kitty:

Check out the top 30 for this month below!

1. ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo
  2. Wanna One’s Park Ji Hoon
  3. Super Junior’s Kyuhyun
  4. Highlight’s Lee Gikwang
  5. Wanna One’s Kang Daniel
  6. SEVENTEEN’s Jeonghan
  7. TVXQ’s Yunho
  8. NU’EST and Wanna One’s Hwang Minhyun
  9. SEVENTEEN’s Jun
  10. BTS’s Jimin
  11. EXO’s Baekhyun
  12. TVXQ’s Changmin
  13. BTS’s Jungkook
  14. BTS’s Jin
  15. BTS’s V
  16. SF9’s Rowoon
  17. SHINee’s Onew
  18. SEVENTEEN’s S.Coups
  19. SEVENTEEN’s Mingyu
  20. SEVENTEEN’s Wonwoo
  21. Super Junior’s Kim Heechul
  22. SEVENTEEN’s Hoshi
  23. THE BOYZ’s Eric
  24. THE BOYZ’s Hyunjae
  25. SEVENTEEN’s Joshua
  26. BTS’s RM
  27. Wanna One’s Kim Jae Hwan
  28. THE BOYZ’s Juyeon
  29. SEVENTEEN’s DK
  30. SEVENTEEN’s Woozi

109532_234428_4128.jpg

109532_234429_4134.jpg

source https://www.gpkorea.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=109532

On 1/19/2024 at 6:23 PM, YongZura⁷ said:

IU’s Agency Announces Change In Title Of Upcoming Pre-Release Track

“Love wins all” is set to be released on January 24 at 6 p.m. KST.

@YongZura⁷  thanks for sharing this. I hope V is doing well as he embarked on an additional three weeks of rigorous training. Known for its demanding nature, the Special Duty Team training involves intense physical sessions extending into the night. While the training is demanding, it comes with perks such as increased freedom, phone usage, and access to amenities like television. I hope we could get an updates on his journey in service.   :Fist1:

• Like 1

Wishing all the members happiness and health,

I've been rewatching lots of past programs of Suchwita these few days and using them to catch some words, phrases, or grammar points that I learnt from my language lessons.  It's a Eureka moment whenever I understand it.  To do that I need to switch off the subtitle and just listen to their conversation.  That's the best way to practice listening and speaking.

At the same time, my new semester has begun too, so I'll focus on that more and  I'll be coming here on and off.  As usual do check their official SNS, Weverse, etc. for any reliable news.  Now that they have completed their basic training, I'm looking forward to seeing more of their post on Weverse or IGs.  

Till then.

1 hour ago, YongZura⁷ said:

Wishing all the members happiness and health,

I've been rewatching lots of past programs of Suchwita these few days and using them to catch some words, phrases, or grammar points that I learnt from my language lessons.  It's a Eureka moment whenever I understand it.  To do that I need to switch off the subtitle and just listen to their conversation.  That's the best way to practice listening and speaking.

At the same time, my new semester has begun too, so I'll focus on that more and  I'll be coming here on and off.  As usual do check their official SNS, Weverse, etc. for any reliable news.  Now that they have completed their basic training, I'm looking forward to seeing more of their post on Weverse or IGs.  

Till then.

@YongZura⁷ good luck on your studies! Same here - I'm looking forward to read MORE updates about them. I do agree with you that you're doing the right thing to practice your Korean language. Me, I'm doing the "Listen and Repeat" thing. - hahaha - While watching a K-drama, I pay attention to the actors and actresses' intonation and diction. Then, I try to imitate it. What I like to do while watching a K-drama or Korean movie is listen to a line be said and then pause and go back and listen to it again. I then follow the exact intonation that the actor or actress uses. I also try to copy their accent exactly. it's just that the subs are still there.  This is one of the reasons why I like Viki because it has one of the best tools to help me learn Korean while watching K-dramas. I select the “learn mode” in the subtitle options (not available for all titles) and it displays text in both English AND Korean. You can click on any Korean word to see the romanization (English spelling) and definition, there’s also a speaker icon you can click to hear the pronunciation.  :Megalol:

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*** Billboard has published its World Albums chart for the week ending on January 20! BTS album “Proof” rose to No. 5 in its 83rd week on the chart. While Jimin's solo debut album “FACE” climbing back up to No. 11 in its 36th week. Congratulations to BTS and Jimin!   :heart2beat:

• Like 1

*** V continues to shine in Japan. He broke a significant record by securing the top spot for the 146th consecutive week in a K-pop male idol ranking poll conducted by the popular Japanese idol ranking site 'Nehan' from January 8th to 14th. During the same period, V also maintained his number one position for 142 consecutive weeks in the 'Korean Male Actors in their 20s' category on the Korean actor popularity ranking site 'Bihan'. On 'K-Pop Juice', a site covering K-pop idol rankings and audition information, V continues to dominate with the number one spot in daily voting and favorites. In Japan, any product associated with him sells out. During the renewal event of the luxury brand Celine, the Omotesando area in Tokyo, known as the Champs-Elysées of Tokyo, witnessed its largest-ever crowd gathered to see V, leaving the Japanese public in awe. Harper's Bazaar magazine featuring V on the cover recorded astonishing sales. Last year on V's birthday (December 30th), in Tokyo's Shibuya, seven large outdoor advertising screens on three buildings broadcast V's birthday video.   :heart2:

1705818970-1.jpeg

1705819127-3.jpeg

*** Jungkook  'Standing Next to You'  has surpassed 300 million streams on Spotify. This song demonstrated its popularity by surpassing this huge streams in just 71 days after its release. 'Standing Next to You' was included in the Grammy Awards' list of '15 K-Pop Songs That Took 2023 By Storm'. It was also selected for the 'Los Angeles Times' 'The 100 Best Songs of 2023'. Congratulations JK!  :heart:   :Ohboy3:

1705884528-15448058-1236379-144.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*** On January 16, Lefty, an influencer marketing platform for leading brands, revealed its analysis of V's impact as the newest ambassador for CELINE. They analyzed his Instagram activity from March 1, 2023, to December 31, 2023, and reported that V has already generated $274 Million of Earned Media Value (EMV) for CELINE by posting only 31 stories and posts. Since then, V's impact on CELINE has been unmatched by any other ambassador, and any activities he has undertaken in relation to the brand generate a ton of buzz both online and offline. For CELINE alone, he went on to grace 12 covers for 4 different magazines, in less than a year. Harper's Bazaar was the killer. This is good because (BigHit Music) did not permit individual projects for BTS in the past. CELINE is in good hands. They're really lucky to have V on their team. He is gorgeous and makes everything he wears look great. Fashion Icon and visual king indeed.... Nah... I hope he gets paid good. They must paid him well. They should know his worth and his impact globally.   :ohboy2:

1705849710-snapinsta.jpg

1705849720-snapinsta.jpg

Spoiler

1705853651-streaming-poster.png

source : https://lefty.io/

On 1/21/2024 at 9:46 PM, willenette said:

@YongZura⁷ good luck on your studies! 

This is one of the reasons why I like Viki because it has one of the best tools to help me learn Korean while watching K-dramas. I select the “learn mode” in the subtitle options (not available for all titles) and it displays text in both English AND Korean. You can click on any Korean word to see the romanization (English spelling) and definition, there’s also a speaker icon you can click to hear the pronunciation.  

Thank you.  I need to explain more about the sentences that you highlighted " That's the best way to practice listening and speaking." :sweat_smile:  

I think the better wording would be "That is one of the best ways of practising L & S" since every one of us is unique.  One that works for me, might work or might not work for somebody else.  Another factor is our preferences, some like to watch drama, some like to listen to songs, etc.  The important factor is we have to make ourselves surrounded by an environment that will help us practice the target language as much as possible :glasses:   I still have a long way to go...

Yes, I have heard about the language learning tool on VIKI.  Netflix also has provided the Korean CC nowadays as an option.  As for Romanization, it's a NO, NO  for me if you can read Hangeul (which is not that difficult to learn).  It's better if you can listen to how the native speaker pronounces the word.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chart info 

ctto

• Like 1

It's here: 

Watch: IU And BTS’s V Tell A Heartbreaking Love Story In Cinematic MV For “Love Wins All”

IU has returned with an emotional new music video starring BTS’s V!

On January 24 at midnight KST, IU released the highly-anticipated music video for her upcoming single “Love wins all.”

Directed by “Concrete Utopia” director Um Tae Hwa, the music video for “Love wins all” tells a heartbreaking story of a couple on the run as they fight to survive in a post-apocalyptic future.

IU’s pre-release single “Love wins all” will drop at 6 p.m. KST.

ctto

p.s

:bawling: It's beautiful, and it's sad.  It took me watching "with" some reactors to understand the possible meaning of the storyline and the song.  Thank you IU and Tae - this brought me back to their talk in IU's Palette.

20240123122850_Jimin_145a5a.jpg?s=900x60

BTS’s Jimin’s “FACE” Re-Enters Billboard 200 + Returns To No. 1 On World Albums Chart Following Vinyl Release

by E. Cha

Nearly a year after its initial release, BTS’s Jimin’s solo debut album is back on the Billboard 200!

On January 23 local time, Billboard announced that Jimin’s 2023 album “FACE” had re-entered its Top 200 Albums chart (which ranks the most popular albums in the United States) at No. 59 following its recent release on vinyl.

The album initially debuted at No. 2 back when it was first released last year, setting a new record for the highest ranking ever achieved by a Korean solo artist on the Billboard 200.

In addition to re-entering the Billboard 200, “FACE” debuted at No. 2 on Billboard’s Vinyl Albums chart this week. It also climbed back up to the top of Billboard’s World Albums chart, marking its fifth non-consecutive week at No. 1 (and its 37th week on the chart overall).

Meanwhile, “FACE” re-entered both Billboard’s Top Album Sales chart and Top Current Album Sales chart at No. 4, meaning it was the fourth best-selling album of the week in the United States.

Finally, Jimin re-entered Billboard’s Artist 100 at No. 26, marking his 11th overall week on the chart.

Congratulations to Jimin!

ctto

p.s

FYI, there's an interpretation guide by IU's agency after the MV's release and some even mentioned that the song is for her fandom UAENA based on a letter written by IU.  As for me, I'm thankful that Tae got to act as he wish before the enlistment.  (This means we'll see the behind scenes laterrrrr)

ctto

9 hours ago, YongZura⁷ said:

BTS’s Jimin’s “FACE” Re-Enters Billboard 200 + Returns To No. 1 On World Albums Chart Following Vinyl Release

by E. Cha

Nearly a year after its initial release, BTS’s Jimin’s solo debut album is back on the Billboard 200!

On January 23 local time, Billboard announced that Jimin’s 2023 album “FACE” had re-entered its Top 200 Albums chart (which ranks the most popular albums in the United States) at No. 59 following its recent release on vinyl.

The album initially debuted at No. 2 back when it was first released last year, setting a new record for the highest ranking ever achieved by a Korean solo artist on the Billboard 200.

In addition to re-entering the Billboard 200, “FACE” debuted at No. 2 on Billboard’s Vinyl Albums chart this week. It also climbed back up to the top of Billboard’s World Albums chart, marking its fifth non-consecutive week at No. 1 (and its 37th week on the chart overall).

Meanwhile, “FACE” re-entered both Billboard’s Top Album Sales chart and Top Current Album Sales chart at No. 4, meaning it was the fourth best-selling album of the week in the United States.

Finally, Jimin re-entered Billboard’s Artist 100 at No. 26, marking his 11th overall week on the chart.

Congratulations to Jimin!

@YongZura⁷  Jimin continues to make a triumphant return on music charts despite military enlistment. It shows Jimin's enduring global impact and the unwavering support of the ARMY.   :piggydance:

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*** Jin secured the silver medal at the 2023 Korea Digital Advertising Awards for his Ramyun campaign, particularly for Ottogi Jin Ramyun. Amid the anticipation of his return, Jin's post-military in June sparks excitement among fans.  :happyshakes: