BTS (방탄소년단) Official Thread: 2nd Chapter [#OT72025 #HobiD39 #RunJin #ComingSoonIAmStill #NevaPlay RM's birthday is coming.]

YongZura⁷

21 hours ago, YongZura⁷ said:

I've been rewatching it already and trying to capture those scenes that I missed.  This is a must-watch documentary plus their book Beyond The Story to know the real them.  Let's meet again soon.

In the meantime, my Korean lesson is still ongoing and I'm grateful for my "Korean buddies" in our language learning.  Most of us hope to be better at communicating with the members in Korean when we reunite.  Till then, let's stream their songs through various platforms.

@YongZura⁷  Since its release on Dec. 20, the BTS documentary has become the most viewed unscripted title on Disney+ in the Asia-Pacific region in Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Singapore, according to the streaming platform. It features never-before-seen interviews, performances and behind the scenes moments with the members. In the docuseries, we get to see how they're formed, what it was like preparing for their debut, and what it was like winning the “Best New Artist” at the 2013 Melon Music Awards. It also showcases highly personal moments from the members' past including how they felt about meeting each other for the first time, their initial contract renewal process, the difficulties of isolating during Covid-19 as well as other more lighthearted moments including J-Hope’s surprise birthday party and Jungkook’s high school graduation ceremony. We also get to enjoy a whole host of other unmissable BTS contents.   :piggie:

• Awesome 1

Jungkook, Tomorrow X Together and Stray Kids nominated at 2024 People’s Choice Awards

Jungkook of boy band BTS [BIGHIT MUSIC]

Jungkook of boy band BTS [BIGHIT MUSIC]

The people once again chose K-pop with three K-pop artists — Jungkook, Tomorrow X Together and Stray Kids — nominated in various categories at the 2024 People’s Choice Awards.

BTS’s Jungkook was nominated in four categories: The Male Artist Of The Year, The Pop Artist Of The Year, The New Artist Of The Year and The Collaboration Song of the Year with his song “Seven,” featuring American rapper Latto.

Boy band Tomorrow X Together and Stray Kids were nominated for The Group/Duo Of The Year award.

The 2024 People’s Choice Awards is marking its 49th ceremony this year. The ceremony's awards are based on the people’s votes and will be announced during the ceremony.

This year’s ceremony will be broadcast on U.S. broadcasting channel NBC, E! and streaming service Peacock on Feb. 18.

(skipped unrelated.....)

BY KIM JI-YE [kim.jiye@joongang.co.kr]

credit : JoongAngDaily

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/2024-01-12/entertainment/kpop/Jungkook-Tomorrow-X-Together-and-Stray-Kids-nominated-at-2024-Peoples-Choice-Awards/1957332

credit :

• Like 1

I was just reading the same info that you updated.  So, it's good.  JK will surely win, that's what I predict.  I can still remember voting for BTS every day when they were nominated ... However, you know there will always be some upsetting situations when it comes to voting.  Though you know for sure the number of votes that your fandom did, the organiser can change it according to their own rules too.  After that, some of us just avoid events by them and focus on other "reliable" organisers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

SUGA

GDnsRaybwAAyPbT?format=jpg&name=900x900

GDnsRRuaQAAuSS7?format=jpg&name=900x900

Taken from THIS article

ctto

• Like 1

Since shifting their focus to individual releases, the boyband have shown us their individual tastes and musical personalities in an eclectic range of releases

10th January 2024

best-bts-solo-songs-696x442.jpg

Since debuting in 2013, BTS have done it all as a group. Their story is one coloured by a kaleidoscope of sounds – from sharp hip-hop to full-hearted ballads – with the seven-piece exploring new territory as they grew from hopeful rookies to global pop superstars. As they hit their ninth anniversary in 2022, though, they announced a new approach – a focus on solo activities, dubbed “chapter two” by both boyband and fans.

Through these projects, shared as each member prepared to enlist for their mandatory military service, they’ve shown us who they are as individual artists, with a collection of releases as eclectic as their group catalogue. Here are the BTS members’ best solo songs of this period, in no particular order.

Honorable mentions:

‘For Us’ (V)
‘Alone’ (Jimin)
‘3D’ (Jungkook)
‘Yun’ (RM)
‘Amygdala’ (Agust D)
‘What if…’ (J-hope)

RM – ‘Wild Flower’

“Yeah, my start was poetry / My one and only strength and dream that protected me so far,” RM shares in ‘Wild Flower’’s bridge. It’s a fitting admission to make here on one of ‘Indigo’’s most poetic songs and a track about staying true to yourself despite all the noise of the world around you.

Truthfully, any song from the rapper’s debut solo album could have made it into this list, such is the stunning quality of the record, but ‘Wild Flower’ – his collaboration with Cherry Filter’s youjeen – just edges the other nine tracks because of its storytelling and its evocative lyrics. “Nights the beating of my heart kept me up / The mournful crescent moon hung beyond the window,” RM narrates at one point, just before the track bursts into bloom, coursing with beautiful urgency and intensity. The whole of ‘Indigo’ is a masterpiece, but especially this song.

Jin – ‘The Astronaut’

Jin has previously shared solo releases that span the emotional spectrum – if you want to give your mood whiplash, listen to the dark desolation of ‘Abyss’ and the joyously silly ‘Super Tuna’ back-to-back. But so far in BTS’ second chapter, he’s only had the opportunity to release one single, ‘The Astronaut’. On the track, though, he went big – both in who he worked with, the sentiment on display, and the sky-scraping sonics that make up the song’s backbone.

Continue:

Spoiler

Co-written with Coldplay and Kygo, ‘The Astronaut’ is, at its core, a love letter to BTS’ fanbase, ARMY, that expresses its feelings by turning to the biggest, grandest, vastest entity possible. “Just as the Milky Way shines upon the darkest roads / You were shining towards me,” Jin sings ahead of a chorus that gleams like the brightest consolation in our sky. Heartfelt and touching, it’s a gorgeous first foundation for the star to build on in the future.

Agust D – ‘Snooze’

On ‘Snooze’, Suga – under his Agust D alias – teams up with a hero and a peer to deliver an encouraging message to all those striving to achieve their dreams. Late Japanese composer Ryuichi Sakamoto delivers a poignant piano backing as the rapper and The Rose’s Woosung join forces to offer comfort and courage on this standout track from ‘D-Day’, the final part in Suga’s Agust D trilogy.

“Dream, you will fully bloom after all the hardships,” Suga reassures. “Dream, the beginning may be humble, but the future will be prosperous.” After his words, which are as insistent as they are gentle, Woosung takes over for one final, beautiful chorus: “When the last petal falls / I’ll accept it, hold tight / When you reach the end of the rainbow / I’ll leave, bye / Blooming dream.”

J-hope – ‘Arson’

J-hope was the first BTS member to share an official solo release back in July 2022 with his debut album ‘Jack In The Box’, and he set the bar incredibly high. ‘Arson’, the final track on the record, is proof of that – a revving, gasoline-soaked closer that lingers with you long after the music’s stopped playing.

An ode to the rapper’s passion, ambition and success – as an individual, and with his “label” HYBE and his “fellas” BTS – ‘Arson’ blazes a blinding path to a crossroads of sorts. “If anyone asks me / ‘Right, I lit the flame’,” its creator muses. “Now I ask myself, choose what / Do I put out the fire, or burn even brighter?” ‘Jack In The Box’ makes that question seem largely rhetorical – J-hope’s talent on it is so ferocious, his flame seems impossible to extinguish.

Jimin – ‘Like Crazy’

BTS are no strangers to breaking records and redefining what’s possible in modern music, and Jimin continued the group’s milestone-setting work with his debut solo album, ‘Face’. Its lead single ‘Like Crazy’ became the first solo release from a member of the seven-piece to hit Number One on the Billboard Hot 100, and it’s not hard to see why.

A piece of metallic synth-pop that fluctuates between shadowy and sparkling – like a corner of a club the bright lights only occasionally reach – it takes inspiration from the Jennifer Lawrence-starring Like Crazy to depict someone trying to escape an impending breakup. “I’d rather be lost in the lights,” the singer sighs, turning to the dancefloor to avoid reality. “I’m outta my mind / Hold onto the end of the night.” When he cries, “This will break me / This is gonna break me,” you can feel his anguish piercing through the synth melodies. A commercial smash and a creative triumph.

V – ‘Slow Dancing’

For years, V has been sharing his love of soulful, jazzy sounds with his fans, so it was no surprise that his first official solo release stepped into that world. ‘Slow Dancing’, one of the highlights of ‘Layover’, perfected smooth, easy listening with a laidback combination of dreamy-but-yearning vocals and an enchanting flute solo, played by Cautious Clay.

But while the song might sound pretty and relaxed, those first impressions are deceiving, with its lyrics telling a far different story. “We were so much alike / Now we’re just distant neighbours,” V sings of a love slipping out of his grasp. Whether it is hope or a refusal to let go of a dream is open for interpretation, but he offers an affectionate solution in the chorus. “Maybe we could be slow dancing / Until the morning,” he suggests. “We could be romancing / The night away.”

Jungkook – ‘Seven’

Jungkook burst into action for his solo activities with ‘Seven’, a summery, club-ready single that danced through sticky UK garage beats. The track came in two versions – clean and explicit – and while, usually, a few censored words don’t much too much difference, here, the singer presents two adjacent moods. On the clean version, he becomes a lovestruck partner, committed to loving another “seven days a week” in a romantic serenade.

On the explicit take, though, he ventures into lust, promising “night after night” of steamy activity and matching the spirit of guest star Latto’s verse. “Leave them clothes at the door,” she instructs as the beat transforms into a playful bounce. “Going to the sun up, we ain’t getting no sleep / Seven days a week, seven different sheets, seven different angles / I can be your fantasy.”

Taken from HERE

ctto

• Love 1

Two albums caught my sight when I was on a trip to Japan and I chose this, the beginning of my collection of BTS albums.  I listened to it mostly while driving.  There was no Weverse yet at that time and I used to buy the other albums in various ways.  The best experience was buying MOTS: Persona on the day it came out in Seoul itself.  

ctto

The LINK to the video of Umi reacts to UMI's reaction videos :fullofhearts:Wherever u r.  Besides getting to know UMI, we can also hear some behind stories on the song creation.

Whenever there are emojis on the video title, we'll just highlight the link in the post.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ctto

20 hours ago, YongZura⁷ said:

Two albums caught my sight when I was on a trip to Japan and I chose this, the beginning of my collection of BTS albums.  I listened to it mostly while driving.  There was no Weverse yet at that time and I used to buy the other albums in various ways.  The best experience was buying MOTS: Persona on the day it came out in Seoul itself.  

@YongZura⁷  yes, the British Phonographic Industry (BPI) announced this on January 12. According to the BPI’s certification thresholds, albums are certified gold at 100,000 units sold, while singles are certified gold at 400,000 units sold. Congratulations to BTS!   :heart2beat:

The Korean Business Research Institute has also revealed this month’s brand reputation rankings for male idol groups! The rankings were determined through an analysis of the consumer participation, media coverage, interaction, and community indexes of various boy groups, using big data collected from December 13, 2023 to January 13, 2024. Despite that all of them are on their MS, BTS took third place with a brand reputation index of 3,677,975.   :kitty:

Check out this month’s top 30 below!

1. SEVENTEEN
  2. NCT
  3. BTS
  4. RIIZE
  5. ZEROBASEONE
  6. THE BOYZ
  7. Stray Kids
  8. EXO
  9. SHINee
  10. ASTRO
  11. ATEEZ
  12. Super Junior
  13. TVXQ
  14. BTOB
  15. BOYNEXTDOOR
  16. TXT
  17. ENHYPEN
  18. TREASURE
  19. ONF
  20. MONSTA X
  21. VIXX
  22. INFINITE
  23. CRAVITY
  24. 2PM
  25. FANTASY BOYS
  26. B1A4
  27. WINNER
  28. Wanna One
  29. NU’EST
  30. SF9

109303_233988_5156.jpg

109303_233989_523.jpg

source : https://www.gpkorea.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=109303

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*** Circle Chart (formerly known as Gaon Chart) has announced its latest batch of official certifications! Jungkook earned two separate Circle certifications for his solo debut album “GOLDEN.” Not only did he receive a double million certification for the regular version of the album (for over 2 million copies sold), but the Weverse version of the album was also certified platinum (for selling over 250,000 copies). Congratulations to Jungkook! I'm always here to support him. KEEP FIGHTING..!! I hope he's always healthy during his MS!   :heart3:

Jungkook-Double-Million-Platinum.jpg

source : https://circlechart.kr/page_cert/page.circle

• Like 1

On 1/13/2024 at 9:09 PM, YongZura⁷ said:

JK's promotion sketch:

@YongZura⁷  I love watching the video. He's so candid! I love this kind of video where Jungkook takes us behind the scenes of his dance practice for the track, filming live performance, and other moments on set. He looked so happy and handsome through these promotions. No one does it like Jungkook! I wish him always the best!  :blush:

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*** Billboard has published its World Albums chart for the week ending on January 13! BTS album “Proofclimbed back up to No. 7 in its 82nd week on the chart. While Jimin's solo debut album “FACE re-entered the chart at No. 12 (marking its 35th non-consecutive week). Congratulations!   :Twerkdatbutt:

source : https://www.billboard.com/charts/world-albums/

On 1/13/2024 at 5:22 PM, YongZura⁷ said:

@YongZura⁷  Even with all of BTS‘s members currently enlisted in the military, their influence in the K-Pop industry continues to hold strong in ways. I've watched this recent episode of Music Bank. Only two songs were nominated as the winner of this week’s show, though, and BTS being nominated was definitely unexpected since this song came out nearly seven years ago! The other one was song from NCT 127, which ended up taking home the win but, the BTS song actually scored higher in the digital score, K-Pop fan vote, and social media categories. Also, Spring Day” recently became the first song to ever rank on the MelOn yearly chart for seven years consecutively.   :heart2beat:

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

BTS Butter Photoshoot removes ‘BTS sculptures’ due to copyright issues

6WAARD3UDPF4GHDVIV3GJKP4ZU.jpg

BTS's 'Butter' album jacket photoshoot location, the Maengbang Beach in Gangwon Province, South Korea, /News1

Maengbang Beach in Samcheok City, South Korea gained fame as the location for K-pop group BTS’s album jacket photoshoot. However, all BTS-related sculptures and installations will be removed due to a dispute over intellectual property rights and unauthorized usage.

Last November, HYBE, the management company of BTS, sent a letter regarding the unauthorized use of their intellectual property rights to Samcheok City. HYBE stated that they do not grant permission for the creation of sculptures, murals, or other installations using their artists’ portraits and names in government agencies, local authorities, or institutions. Such installations are considered as an infringement of the artists’ intellectual property, potentially violating unfair competition laws, causing difficulties in management, and negatively affecting the artists’ image.

Concept photos from BTS's album 'Butter' shot at Maengbang Beach in Gangwon Samcheok. /HYBE

Concept photos from BTS's album 'Butter' shot at Maengbang Beach in Gangwon Samcheok. /HYBE

A representative from HYBE stated, “The company will take strict measures against actions that infringe on publicity rights.”

Maengbang Beach gained widespread recognition after BTS visited it in March 2021 to shoot the music video for their hit song ‘Butter’. The song became a chart-topper and held the number one position on Billboard’s Hot 100 for 10 consecutive weeks, setting new records for the most viewed YouTube music video within 24 hours and breaking Guinness World Records.

On July 17, 2021, the song maintained its number one position for seven consecutive weeks, becoming the eighth song to achieve this feat among the 54 songs that debuted at number one on the Hot 100 chart.

Thanks to BTS, Maengbang Beach received significant attention. A photo zone replicating the album jacket scene was created, and a stamp tour course was established based on the locations mentioned by the members of the group.

It has been reported that Samcheok City and HYBE have been unable to come to an agreement, leading to an inevitable situation. As a consequence, Samcheok City has decided to remove all sculptures related to BTS from Maengbang Beach by Jan. 12.

Additionally, all references to the location of the BTS photoshoot will be removed from the city’s official website, tourism brochures, signage, and other materials by the end of this month.

credit : Chosun Ilbo

https://www.chosun.com/english/kpop-culture-en/2024/01/11/A5ASS4VQLBDRFMFUEOPLOJGHAY/

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

*** Previously, the NFL Super Bowl and Apple Music announced that Usher would headline the 2024 Super Bowl Halftime Show. Usher has dropped a trailer for this year’s show. He teased a performance “30 years in the making.” Right before the video cuts and reveals a final shot of Usher with text regarding the upcoming Halftime Show performance, a clip of  Jungkook beside Usher is shown. Usher included a TikTok they filmed together on the set of the official performance video of “Standing Next to You.” Other celebrities featured include NBA star Lebron James and music artist J Balvin. Likewise, Jungkook was featured in Usher’s promo video for his new album COMING HOME. I'm so proud of Jungkook.   :kitty:

Spoiler

*** On January 15 at approximately 7:59 a.m. KST, BTS’s music video for their 2020 hit “Black Swan” surpassed 500 million views on YouTube, making it their 17th music video to do so. Congratulations to BTS!

BTS-Black-Swan-MV-500-Million.jpg

Watch the beautiful music video for “Black Swan” again.

credit : soompi news

*** Time flies so fast that the completion ceremony for RM, Jimin, V, and Jungkook already happened. As a standard, there’s an army training completion ceremony after (4) weeks of training. There are only a few reasons anyone would miss the ceremony: he's sick and at the army hospital, he failed to pass his training and has to re-do it, or he's in the army detention cells. After training, they'll be given a leave or day-off for some days before they begin their military service. After this they are assigned to posts and roles. And after serving 100 days inside the army, they'll be granted another vacation usually for about 4 days to spend this with their loved-ones.   :heart1:

On January 15, Big Hit Music released an official announcement through the fan communication platform Weverse. 

The full statement from Big Hit Music is as follows:

Hello, this is Big Hit Music.

We sincerely thank all the fans who always love BTS generously. Thanks to the warm care and support of fans last December, BTS members RM, Jimin, V, and Jungkook are about to complete their basic military training after enlisting.

We sincerely appreciate the consistent interest and support from all our fans. We would like to provide guidance on additional cooperation needed during the artists’ mandatory military service period.

Military bases are shared spaces used by ordinary soldiers and are training grounds for military training. If letters and gifts from fans are delivered in a concentrated manner, storage becomes difficult, and there is a risk of loss. Therefore, we urge you to refrain from mailing letters, gifts, etc. Additionally, when sending warm messages to the artists, please use the Weverse hashtags #Dear_RM_from_ARMY, #Dear_Jin_from_ARMY, #Dear_SUGA_from_ARMY, #Dear_jhope_from_ARMY, #Dear_Jimin_from_ARMY, #Dear_V_from_ARMY, #Dear_JungKook_from_ARMY so that the artists can personally check the messages with our support.

Finally, we have a request regarding the completion ceremony for basic military training. To prevent safety accidents due to congestion on-site, we kindly ask fans to refrain from visiting the site. We hope for encouragement for BTS only through heartfelt thoughts.

We ask for your unchanging support and love for BTS until the day they fulfill their military service and return in good health. We will spare no effort in providing continuous support.

Thank you.”

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20240115114525733

• Like 1

Going to rewatch it soon:  I used to watch his dramas and the band too. Love to see Yoongi's laughing during their conversation.

The MV with Tae that we have been waiting for:

p.s

Time does fly, and the four of them are going to complete their basic military training.  

ctto

2 hours ago, YongZura⁷ said:

Going to rewatch it soon:  I used to watch his dramas and the band too. Love to see Yoongi's laughing during their conversation.

p.s

Time does fly, and the four of them are going to complete their basic military training.  

@YongZura⁷  I watched his dramas & I also love Jung Yong Hwa.   :blush:

• Like 1