[Official] JYJ Park Yoo Chun - 박유천 (Singer, Songwriter, and Actor) Thread

Guest JPhylls

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

class="entry-title"[TRANS] Excerpts on Yuchun from Interview with Rooftop Prince Director Shin Yoon Sub June 19, 2013

8eb557f5gw1e5t8cympbfj20c818iq91.jpg

Rooftop Prince Japanese DVD Box
Excerpts on Yuchun in interview with Director Shin Yoon Sub (Jan 10, 2013)

When choosing actors, do you look at their past works?

With Park Yuchun, I already had some contact much earlier. I was preparing for Sungkyunkwan Scandal at the beginning, then just before shooting began, it was suddenly changed from SBS to KBS. At that time, the planning was all set up, and so I do have a certain understanding of Yuchun. ‘Sungkyunkwan Scandal’ being his debut work on screen, there were some worries but he managed it very well. This time, Lee Gak is a lot more demanding of the actor, one person acting 3 roles, and it is obvious that he acted very well.

Your impression of Yuchun, before and after, is there any change?

To me, Yuchun showed acting that was full of charisma. Acting in love scenes, he could act with sincerity, he could go deep into his character and act it out, I feel he has a very strong ability in this area. Thanks to him, the whole process of filming was very happy.

About Yuchun’s acting that is full of comic effect

He has excellent expressions, his acting in comedy is definitely as good as in love drama. Perhaps being a singer has endowed him with very good ways of expressing emotions; he is an actor with very high sensitivity. In the comedy scenes of the drama, I saw his diverse colourful expressions, in the sad scenes he touched our hearts deeply. Many people think ‘Rooftop Prince’ is just a simple romantic comedy, but as they go deeper into the story, they realise it is a genuine, pure love story.

Was Lee Gak’s distinct tone of voice suggested by you, the director?

It was the result of Yuchun’s own thinking, decided after some discussion during role-setting at the beginning, the accent and tone was created by Yuchun himself.

In future, what kind of role will you consider Yuchun for?

I really hope there will be a chance to cooperate again. When I am shooting a drama, I wish that the actors will grow compared to their previous roles. If during this process, we can unearth and film one side of them that is unexpected, isn’t that novel? From the realistic role-setting, Yuchun acted a side of him that was different from before, I hope we will have a chance to work together again.

Kor-Chi trans: 126002
Chi-Eng trans: Christie
Shared by: JYJ3

class="entry-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 20px; "Prefer to hear PYCs voice in all his dramas...my own opinion...;) class="entry-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 20px; "[EDITORIAL] 130618 Subtitles Versus Dubbing: What’s The Best Way To Watch Kdramas?June 19, 2013 · rilanna

20130618-park-yoo-chun.jpg

The recent Chinese dubbing of the number one melodrama “Missing You,” starring Park Yoo Chun and Yoon Eun Hye, revives an interesting question. Should kdramas be dubbed? Obviously they are already being dubbed into dozens of languages, but is that the best way to watch them?

The heart-wrenching drama, “Missing You,” was so popular in Korea that Chinese audiences were eager to see it and many people wanted to see it dubbed. A special invitation was extended to Park Yoo Chun to join in the dubbing. Park was flattered but admitted it would be a challenge since he only knew a few lines of the language and found it difficult to pronounce properly.

Only a few of his dubbed lines were placed in different episodes. Those who heard them said he did a good job, but a Chinese actor read most of his drama lines.  Since his intense acting was part of what made the drama so compelling, it is hard to imagine anyone else doing as good a job.

No matter how willing Korean actors are to supply foreign language dialogue, most will only be able to contribute a few lines when the show is dubbed. There was also talk of “Missing You” being shown in the U.S., with the dialogue dubbed into English. Will Park Yoo Chun, who attended school in the U.S. for a few years, supply dialogue for that version too? And how will the remainder of the drama sound in English? It’s hard to imagine an English-speaking actor saying the lines with the same fervor.

While a good job of dubbing can make it easier for foreign audiences to understand a story, it also removes much of the flavor of the original drama. Netizens have in the past had mixed reactions to the idea of dubbing kdramas. Some say that they are grateful for dubbing because they cannot bear to read subtitles. Some say it “kills kdramas” and “dubbing should not be allowed.” Others say anything dubbed in another language is obviously not going to be as good.

One plus to dubbing could be that it introduces foreign audiences to kdramas. Dubbing dramas in a familiar language could interest those who speak the language to see the drama with its original actors voicing the dialogue.

[some irrelevant parts omitted]

Source: KDramaStarsShared by: JYJ3

class="entry-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 20px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-weight: 400; vertical-align: baseline; text-shadow: white 1px 1px 0px; "[NEWS] 130619 JYJ to kick off their 2nd annual ‘JYJ Membership Week’June 19, 2013 · rilanna

niisummer03.jpg

JYJ will hold their 2nd annual ‘2013 JYJ Membership Week‘!

The trio will open up their ’2013 JYJ Membership Week’ at the SETEC in Gangnam, Seoul from June 27-30th. At the venue, which can hold 3,000 attendees, ‘members’ will be able to take a look at JYJ-related content. The group will also conclude the week with a fan meeting on the 29th-30th.

The ‘membership week’, which attracted over 22,000 fans last year, will be an event you won’t want to miss this time around as JYJ will share their self-created artwork with fans, open up a sticker photo zone, and will also unveil behind-the-scenes photos!

C-JeS Entertainment stated, “One of the biggest advantages of membership week is the fact that JYJ participated in it since its conception. This year, we decided to consult with JYJ and create a space that combines artistry and humanism. JYJ also plans to showcase their self-created products through the ‘JYJ Art Gallery’ to better communicate with fans.”

Lucky fans in Korea will not want to miss out on ’2013 JYJ Membership Week’,  which only happens once a year!

Source: Allkpop

photo jyjmw2013.jpg

Pic Credit: TopStarNewsShared by: JYJ3

[Edit trans] This is the rooftop prince dvd japansese edition Han Jimin interview part which mentions Yuchun

Jimin said : Including Yuchun xi there are four boys characters who are surrounding me and i'm the only girl ,chances like this are not very common actually,and i feel good.

“Yuchun is younger than me and very enthusiasm.Shooting with him is really comfortable and maybe these words are not very good to Yuchun xi,actually as he is a singer i have some strongest first impressions,comparing to my scenes he has more and so he should be much tired,but in fact he becomes to support me,i got lots of courage from him" As the shooting goes by i become more and more admired his acting.Many actors just focus on their own words in the plots when shooting but Yuchun xi is very good at cooperating with each other. As for the ancedotes while shooting,every plot in my memory is filled with laughter actually.The part when we drink soju with whipped cream, we need to show it's very delicious,but actually it's not soju but water.You know water with whipped cream not tastes that well. Seem Park Ha and Lee Gak get intimacy because of this scene,Yuchun xi and me also become intimate after this shooting.

Also the scene when i fell down into the pond,the water in the pond is very dirty,the dirty water hit my face.It's very uncomfortable,and Yuchun xi immediately joined in to save me.

Info : Rooftop prince dvd Japansese Edition

Chinese trans by 126002

Eng trans by winnie feng

shared by mickiparkmick

Guest suncine445

class="entry-title"[iNFO] 130619 ‘Missing You’ to be aired in Indonesia June 19, 2013 · pvtse

photo 1010429_676361942379571_637976362_n.jpg

An Indonesian national TV station, Indosiar, has obtained the official broadcasting rights of popular Korean drama ‘Missing You’. This drama attracted a lot of attention due to its interesting storyline as well as its cast members (i.e. Park Yoochun, Yoon Eun Hye, and Yoo Seung Ho). As of June 18, ‘Missing You’ had been registered with The Indonesian Film Censorship Board to undergo review. ‘Missing You’ is expected to be aired after certification and dubbing.

Source: The Indonesian Film Censorship Board
Info credit: Indosiar Korean Drama Community (via @Withyuchun_INA)
Translated by: pvtse of JYJ3
Shared by: JYJ3

class="entry-title"[NEWS] 130620 Junsu talks about his new album and JYJ’s friendship through new pictorial for ‘Marie Claire’

photo mcp1.jpg

Junsu gazed into the camera with his sharp eyes, defining the word charisma, as he promised fans that JYJ is in this for the long run through the interview held.

Junsu shared, “I believe that the past 10 years was a time of a learning for me through which the direction of my life will be shaped for my 30s and 40s. I want to be a singer that stays true to my own colors and even as I age, I continue to do music that the generations ahead want.”

“Even as time passes, the JYJ members will remain as good friends who have grown even stronger in our friendship. 

The singer also revealed a bit of info about his upcoming release as he said,“Compared to my 1st album, my 2nd album contains more genres of music and it will be an album that will be like a party that one enjoys on hot summer days.”

He concluded the interview with insightful words, sharing, “Rather than focusing on popularity when I do music now, I think it’s time to return the love shown to JYJ during the past 4-5 years of our time together. When I perform as the musician Junsu and XIA, even if it means making sacrifices, I want to sing on stage with sincerity.”

credit: http://www.allkpop.com/article/2013/06/junsu-talks-about-his-new-album-jyjs-friendship-with-marie-claire

Guest suncine445

);"> class="entry-title" 20Jun2013 [FanAccount] Korean fan met Yuchun at a departmental store’s lift June 20, 2013

d0105702_4e72cd3f71f40

After exam, with mum and mum’s friend, we went to Apgujeong Hyundai departmental store shopping for clothes. We don’t like to take escalator and while waiting for the lift, there is someone behind approaching to take the lift. Then on my side I notice a very nice scent. With curiosity, I keeping looking at a very good looking guy that mouth, nose and eyes that looks like Yuchun. Because I keep looking, he noticed my presence and look at me, straight to my eyes, “Ah, it I really Yuchun ah”  my heart was beating very fast but I tried to look calm, gracious on the outside, keep looking but embarrassed that I avoid his gaze. I really want to cry as I did not see him so close up and did not attend a single fan meeting before, my heart beat once and once and once….Although I want to acknowledge I know him but because this was his private time and I afraid to disturb him therefore I suppressed my feelings , afraid to scare him and I just stay quiet. When reaching the 3rd floor, in the silence, my handphone sounds…..BE THE ONE~BE THE ONE~

At the time, our eyes met…so embarrassed that I can’t describe, quickly change my handphone to vibrate. Yuchun was containing his smile, his lips was curving, he step out of the lift when reaches 3rd floor.

Although, yesterday I was very sad, my boyfriend rejected me when I call him out for drink, but after I saw Yuchun I was very very happy that I decided to post out my encounter due to my luck.

This sentence really exists “ An angel from heaven”, after seeing Yuchun, I felt this sentence really suits him, really his face was shining, good figure, long legs, shoulder was indeed very broad, very tall. In less than 3 mins, I have scanned through everything, but that fellow had liked bullet cap for more than a year.

Huhu really very happy until can die, now also.

Yuchun yesterday was wearing bullet cap, grey short sleeves T-shirt, jeans, pink sport shoe, left hand carrying shopping bag, left hand watch is really (nice looking), a nice scent from his body.

I am not a pervert.

To conclude: An unforgettable scent

+ Hair colour did not change, a compare to the picture it is still brown, starting to slim down. In a hot day wearing short sleeves T-shirt, and could see his arm,  hair, also veins, again I am not pervert. Bullet cap is dark grey, jeans with black leather belt, T-shirt until the pelvis, collar bone very soft, neck quite long, the scent from the body makes one unforgettable. Today I wrote down this encounter, now I am at the departmental store, pray that I can find it.

Source : DC JYJ
Chinese translation by @暖日呀呀
English translation & Shared by ParkYoochunSGFC

class="postitle" Japan RTP DVD – Han Ji Min mentioned Yuchun in their exclusive interview June 20, 2013 by skymy

zZzYINf.png

Actress Han Ji Min ‘s Interview

Feeling of Han Ji Min working with Yuchun and some behind the scenes shooting.

Including him, there is total 4 males surrounding me in this drama, the opportunity to be able to act in this kind of drama is really not often.  With 4 male and 1 female combination , this feeling  is really not bad. He is younger than me, very warm-hearted; my shooting with him is pleasant.  Perhaps say , it would sound a little bit embarrassed, he as a singer and have preconceived notions, as compared to my shooting scenes, his is heavier; he should be very tired, however, he became my pillar and  I gained a lot of strength from him.

As times goes by, I admire his acting. Many actors in acting just focus on their own lines expression but YuChun is able to work well with others. Regarding behind the scenes shooting, every memory of the shooting scene  is filled with laughter .  The scene – whipped cream with soju,  we  need to act as if it is very delicious but actually it is not Soju but water. Water with whipped cream, to be honest, it doesn’t taste nice. Similar to Park Ha and  Lee Gak become close after this scene.  Yuchun and me also become close to each other because of thi scene. Also, there is a scene where I fall into the pond; the water is so dirty and I feel so uncomfortable; the dirty water hit on my face. Yuchun straight away join the rescue team.

Chinese Translated by: 126002

English Translated by: ParkYoochun SGFC

Shared by: ParkYoochun SGFC + 6002sky

class="postitle" 130614 The Korean Drama ‘I Miss You’ Is Set To Air In China June 21, 2013 by skymy

oEx0SQa.jpg

‘I Miss You’, which stars Yoon Eun Hae, Park Yoochun and Yoo Seung Ho, is set to air in China with Chinese dubbing.

According to China’s The Beijing News, it was decided on the 13th during the 19th Shanghai TV Drama Festival that ‘I Miss You’ will be aired in China. Park Yoochun is set to voice the Chinese dubbing of his own character.

The marketing manager of Haoju Drama Co. Ltd., the company that has bought the broadcasting rights of ‘I Miss You’ in China, stated, “The specifics of the dubbing project is still under advisement,” and “Park Yoochun has already begun studying Chinese.”

The Chinese version of ‘I Miss You’ plans to capture the hearts of Chinese viewers as it will also include scenes that were not aired in Korea. A specific broadcasting company and time slot have not been confirmed as of yet.

‘I Miss You’ is a melodrama that depicts the love story of a man and women who are hurting from the scars of the memories of their first love.

Source: ajunews

Translated by: dongbangdata.net

Shared by: 6002sky

class="entry-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 20px; "[FANACCOUNT] 130612 Chinese Fan at Yuchun’s Black Smith FansignJune 20, 2013 · rilanna

(Some parts were omitted)

Finally, it’s my turn. I came closer to him and gave my scratch paper with my name written to the bodyguard. Yuchun looked at me first then started to sign earnestly once getting the scratch paper from the bodyguard’s hands. That’s when I lifted my head and started to talk to him.

Fan (in Korean): Hello! I’m Chinese, my name is **. Nice to meet you.
YC: Ah, Chinese? * with his lips protruding* (He has to stick out his lips to say “Chinese” with the Korean pronunciation, haha)
Fan (in Korean): Yes.
Fan (in English): I’m from Shanghai.
YC: Shanghai? *surprised*
Fan (in English): Yes. I’m so glad to have this opportunity to come here and so close to you. I hope you healthy and happy every day and have the most beautiful love in the world!
When I said that last part “I hope you have the most beautiful love in the world”, YC lifted his head, looked up at me and laughed loudly, haha.
Fan (in Korean): I’ll be waiting for you in China.
YC: *nodding and laughing* OK.

Then, something embarrassing happened. As I left with my autograph, I didn’t properly thank Yuchun. I’m sorry, Yuchun-ah.

To be honest, the fansigning process was very short. At first, I didn’t even know where to look. Because he’s just beautiful everywhere. Even his eyes, eyelashes, nose, mouth. So that’s why I talked to him while looking into his eyes and if he lifted his head, I could make an eye-contact. The closest I was was a few centimeters!
I left Blacksmith almost losing it. It was just like feeling myself floating above the clouds. Eye-contact. Although I had no idea what he thought about how I looked in his eyes, the one who was reflected in my eyes was just as gentle and handsome!

It reminds me of a dream I made not long ago. In my dream, he suddenly appeared in front of me.
Me: Do you believe in good fortune?
YC: What?
Me: It would probably be because I used my life’s good fortune that I’m standing right in front of you.
And he laughed.
In my dream, his smiling face was soft just like the moonlight and I refused to wake up because of my never-ending greed.
Isn’t that enough to say my dream became reality?
I even imagined one day that one summer evening, we were walking down a little winding road laying on his shoulders without a word and only feeling each other’s hearts…
Yet, who would I share my love with in the real world?

Actually, we cheerfully meet each other every day (cellphone/computer monitor)
And we sadly say “good bye” and “see you tomorrow” to each other (saying “good night” looking at the monitor)
Because I met an uneven man, I do even uneven things.
Deep inside, it happens that I am confused and feels enemies in all directions.
Do you also feel alone from time to time just like me?
Do you also hold such a person in your heart? Someone you can’t meet even if you miss her so so much.
However, Yuchun-ah
If we come to meet again someday
If it was really fate
I will tell you with a smile
“Thank you! You are the most admirable boy in my youthful days!”

- xunxun757

Source: DC PYCTranslation from Chinese to Korean: 온리유Translation from Korean to English: SheenaShared by: JYJ3Take out with full credits

Just found this pic of Yoochun..Never seen this before..
Some words in the first sentence in Korean shown on below pic refer to "This haircut" and "So handsome~^^" But then i read a word in Korean in the second sentence refer to "lately"..Could it be this is how Yoochun looks like now? :)

inqh.jpg

via 59O_1580

Guest bluemoonlight

LOL...I think Chunnie's trying to be a pro-golfer :))
JYJ LINE Update!
Finally 90!!!!IMG_5287.jpg

I'll upload a picture when I reduce 10 shots!!!
well I feel bad.. so im gonna send you a picture(Finally a pic of Chunnie...but he's soooooo far away! LOL)
IMG_0786.jpg

will be closer if I get 80!
my face kinda look so dark. but dont worry I always have a sun cream!!!

cr: JYJ LINE (EN)

Archived