How to Get Smaller, Slimmer, Leaner CALVES - Success!

mariS

Guest fatlosstea

Some people view their legs as their most prized possession. Other people may be self-conscious if their calves seem out of proportion to the rest of their body. To make their calves appear smaller, many people try a variety of tricks to camouflage their size. While it is impossible to make big calves small, there is a way to reduce their size. Some people dress a certain way, while others take more drastic measures.   

Dark Leggings
1. Visit your local retailer store or shop online for black leggings that extend just past the calf muscles on the legs. A good measurement to follow is 5 inches below the knee.

2. Find leggings that offer support throughout the entire body. Pants made from polyester, spandex and cotton blends work best. These leggings can make calves appear smaller because of the extra support they provide your legs. The dark color will also camouflage the legs and make the calves appear leaner.

3. Try on a few different pairs of these types of leggings. Once you find the right pair, pay for them at the checkout counter.

Jogging
4. Jog at a slow to medium pace of about 4 miles per hour or whatever is comfortable. You can also run in place or jog on a treadmill at this speed if the weather is bad outside.

5. Participate in this jogging exercise three to five times a week for 30 to 40 minutes a day. Jogging is preferable to running at a faster pace because it helps burn fat. Running at a slow, steady pace helps to slim down the legs and calves.

6. Run on flat surfaces with virtually no incline. If you are running outside, run on straight paths as oppose to a running path with many hills and inclines, as hills tend to build muscle. If you are running on a treadmill, run on flat surface and do not place the treadmill on an incline.

Stretching
7. Practice Pilates exercises by stretching the muscles in the calves. Stretching helps to elongate muscles, making the calves appear smaller.

8. Stand with your front foot bent about 12 inches from a wall. Your back foot should be straight and 36 inches from the wall.

9. Place your hands against the wall and lean forward. Keep your feet pointed forward and your heels flat on the ground. Hold this pose for 30 seconds.

10. Switch legs and repeat this same exercise using the opposite leg. This exercise will help to elongate the calves and make them appear leaner. Do five repetitions each on each leg. Do this exercise three to four times a week.

Guest tastypalette

I love reading these method thingies… I am addicted to losing weight and can never find the way
BUT
Atleast 20mins 4 times a week.  Got it!! 20 mins is sooooo long :( Thanks for the inspiration!! I have huge calves…. they have become cows… -_-

• 4 months later...

TIP!!
Pay attention to the way you walk. It can influence the way your calves look. Everyone including myself always pick up on the fact that I walk a little strangely. My feet tend to point outwards as I walk instead of straight like normal people. Perhaps it's a habit I formed as a kid after spraining my ankle way too many times, or maybe it has something to do with my wide feet TOT Anyway, I had this problem confirmed when I went to see a podiatrist in January this year. Getting insoles may help a lot! If you don't want to spend money, you don't really need them lol  

When you walk, try to point your feet straight ahead. I noticed that when I stand with my feet pointing straight ahead, my calves instantly look slimmer. Once I started paying attention to walking properly for 2 weeks, I noticed there was less stress and strain on my feet and calves, and they also looked slimmer :) (not sure if it's just me being delusional, but I'm happy!) haha 

Mari

Thank you for the tips, I've had many people ask me on how to slim down calf muscles

As for your walking, I believe the problem lies within certain muscles and I would like to help. Please look up all these terms if you need to do so

Your overactive muscles (muscles that are acting stronger than other muscles when you walk) may be your soleus and lateral gastrocnemius (calf muscles) and your biceps femoris (the short head).

Your underactive muscles, the muscles you need to work on are your medial gastrocnemius, medial hamstring complex (basically all your hamstrings except the short head of the biceps femoris), gracilis and sartorius and your popliteus. Please look up some workouts on how to target these muscles ( it would be difficult for me to explain and demonstrate everything ).

This is to help you identify some of the muscles you need to focus on for walking with feet pointing forward.

*But more importantly is that when a person walks with their feet facing outwards, it also may directly affect their squat and lunge (knees or feet cave in or outwards) so make sure you check your form. By doing squats and lunges incorrectly can make things worse for your gait.

Lastly, I highly recommend you stretch your calves and biceps femoris (the short head) often. Please look up the standard standing gastrocnemius/soleus stretch and the supine biceps femoris stretch. Hold each stretch for 30 seconds. I do not recommend stretching these muscles (especially the calf muscles) before a jog but if you do need to stretch, I recommend the biceps femoris stretch as it shouldn't affect your jog too much.

Good luck

Guest hellostephni

Ohhh, this is so awesome! I've always had big calves too. Your legs are looking great haha. Btw, is it OK to do calf raises or would that make my calves even bigger? Cuz I've been doing some of blogilate's challenges and the calf raises one was one of them. :/

• 1 month later...

Your results look great!! I have the problem of muscular calves too even though I've never made a point of working them out... I just have a couple of questions regarding your method.
I know you mentioned that you didn't see a difference in your calves until you did the endurance exercise, but did you lose any additional weight in the week you did the exercises because it was cardio? How did the rest of your body respond to your endurance training (thighs, stomach area, arms, etc.)? 
And I second the question about the calf raises. Cassie really likes them to work the calves, so I'm wondering if you avoid doing those exercises or you do them anyway and they haven't increased the muscle bulk of your calves. 
Thanks for your help!! :) Congrats again on the big change ^^

Guest fluffystars

This is so helpful! My mom always comments that I should roll my calf muscles away with a glass bottle or something and massage it a lot while watching TV and stuff lol. Will definitely try these tips out!!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest dwig12

The tips are really great thanks for your tips, one can also drink green tea which is very helpful to lean your body and make it perfect shape. Well I must follow the tips given by you. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JenJ1430294398

hi my name is jay. i do track n my calves a really big. i would like them to get smaller really bad.i cant find jeans , i dont look good in dressses . ireally need help .ppl make fun of me in skl and it is not nice please please help me wat should i do . my calves are 42 cm. i tried stretches but it reallly didnt work .someone plzz help me . i need it urgently

Guest JenJ1430294398

hi my name is jay. i do track n my calves a really big. i would like them to get smaller really bad.i cant find jeans , i dont look good in dressses . ireally need help .ppl make fun of me in skl and it is not nice please please help me wat should i do . my calves are 42 cm. i tried stretches but it reallly didnt work .someone plzz help me . i need it urgently plllzzzz i wud also like to continue track.wudd that affect the shrinking of my calves

• 1 month later...
Guest missilver

Good tips! My calves is big too. So, I never wear short pants because I really embarassed about it. Will try to do your method. Thank you~

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JamesAustin

All the tip given above are really nice and helpful if we want to loose the weight. For loosing the weight you must try some intense exercise and drink lots of water and have a balanced diet. This would be helpful to become slim and leaner. 

Guest im.fabulous.bitches

I have a thin leg structure naturally but i'm kind of overweight so I want thinner legs, totally trying this. But what do you mean by don't let your knee bend over your ankle? I'm really confused by that.

Guest eduardomitchell

Hey, it's really effective tips, I am too going to try this. I even think there is a good difference. Continue this for positive results.

• 1 year later...
Guest Xoài Muối

Please tell me your result at the moment, i really need some motivation to do this. I'm tired of having big calves. Anyone else have positive result? I do the calf raise for 5 week, diet and lost 2kg but the calf size remains the same. I'm 1m58 tall and 43kg heavy. I really dont think i can loose any more weight cause i might look like a zombie, haha

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here's some inspiration/motivation guys! This model talks about the important of lower body workout, muscular exercise vs stretching, recommended thigh exercise x4 and her healthy food diet. 
Check out an instructional step by step thigh workout from model Ray Yang on K-Beauty Nowhttp://kbeautynow.com/2016/03/09/get-ready-summer-ladies-model-ray-yangs-bikini-series-thigh-workout/

Get Ready for Summer, Ladies! Model Ray Yang’s Bikini Series Thigh Workout

Model Ray Yang's Bikini Series Thigh Workout - Allure Korea

Archived