For guys who gel/style their hair daily, do they wash their hair twice a day?

Guest panda.rider

Guest panda.rider

Hi, so I normally don't style/gel my hair. But I want to start doing it daily or at least during the weekdays when I go out or to school.I'm wondering for guys who do style their hair daily, do they wash their hair twice a day? I was watching youtube tutorials and many people seem to wash and dry their hair before styling. If I were to wash my hair in the morning and style it; I would have to wash my hair again at night because it's bad to leave product in my hair when I sleep? Also, wouldn't it be bad to wash your hair daily (I'm currently washing every other day)?Thanks! :)

you will find that its a lot easier to style when hair has settled down ie hours/days after washing.

wash your hair when you feel like you need to. theres no set rules for this. but if you must, a quick shower (no shampoo/soap) in the morning before you style will be fine as well.

I wash my hair once a day.
I find it easiest to style hair that hasn't been washed for a day, (wash hair at night, wake up in the morning, style hair)

Also for damage, it depends on your hair. My hairs really strong and doesn't get damaged easily so washing it once a day doesn't damage it.

men's hair is not like women, it is easy to turn warm/hot water on in the sink and just put your whole head there and rub your head for a moment and then towel it off.
gel will leave your hair without shampoo, and a minute of sink water will not have any effect on your hair.
when the weather is hot, i wash my hair several times a day just because it is refreshing.

Guest panda.rider

thanks for the tips guys!
i didn't realize that shampoo isn't always needed to get rid of gel. i've always thought without shampoo makes it more sticky lol

Guest nobody knows

if it's just a little water (like rain), it kinda makes product a little stronger

if it's a shower (without shampoo), it gets rid of most (if not all) of the product

I wash my hair at night (every other night) and never in the morning. it's too much of a time waster to wash, wait for it to dry, then style it.
back when i styled my hair every morning, I'd shampoo one night and just rinse the next night so i washed it, but didn't shampoo it every day

Guest c.odette

It should be simple enough to wash your hair at night then wake up in the morning and style it, no?

Guest byebyebye1430292625

Pretty much. It is easier to style your hair after it is washed. It will make your hair looks clean.

Sometime I take shower in the morning so I don't have to wash my hair again on the same day.

And depend on your hair type, if you have oily hair, you definitely need conditioner or shampoo.

I wash my hair once every two days to preserve the natural oil in the scalp so it wouldnt look dry and frizzy though i have oily scalp problem but i still use shampoos with less drying agents to retain the natural oil.

Archived