[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

@tessieroo
Missed you guys too :) Thanks sweetie, hopefully will be there for EK live on Monday :) [-O<

If the spoiler happens and TN will be there with them next ep ....
OMO, she just started her punishment and they are taking her trips already....
or is she Marry Poppins, jumping into pictures of TH and SN horse riding and poof!!!!!! she is there out of the cold palace :-w
That is such an amazing punishment in Fun palace :-w

Bi-Soo's guard from her tribe is also good looking :)

The thing is that ET doesn't know the truth about LP and the maids deaths and who was behind it. TN and DK along with El Plague & company can be killed for treason because they did kill a royal child so this could be the card that SN may use stop ET and why he wants her killed along with TH.

@roshan90 said: @peggster @DJG
(I am just tagging you two, because I am sure you would have seen many sageuks.. This is an open question and anyone who knows it are welcome to answer.)

If ET's clan is abolished, then SN's revenge plan is over. Can SN leave the palace?? We all saw in ep 1 that SN is going to marry TH.. What I want to know is, Does she have another option at this point? Is she going to marry TH by Choice or is it Conditional??

Guest natalian

hello, this is my first time posting on soompi, my english is not that good, but i rly wanted to add my 2 cents about the show.
 So, in my opinion the first episodes were amazing and pretty addictive, but ever since they added baby maha into the picture, things started to go downhill, at least for me. Thing is its hard for me to buy nyang and wang-yoo love story, i dunno about you, but i have never felt any passion or romance coming from this couple. First episod was ok and i really thought their story will turn out epic, but as the story progressed, i felt as if the writers took use of wang-yoo character only to give Ta Hwan an opponent and add a love triangle into the story. I'm sorry if there are people who disagree with me, but i really dont see them as a couple, but more of a team who share the same dream and love for their country. Problem with them is that they dont have a past togheter, they only had brief moments together and nothing too memorable i may add. I think the writers failed big time in building up their romance from scratch (as they should have done, in order to sell their love story as a plausible and real one). Everything went too fast between them, now they are enemies and one second later "chona, i'll do everything for you", yet nothing really happened between them to back this up. I'm sorry, but this just doesnt do it for me.
Second, i really liked wang-yoo at the beginning, i thought he is that perfect king with high morals and kind heart and i really had a lot of sympathy for him, but now... now i only see him as an hypocrite who is capable of anything in order to achieve his goals, even if that means to get innocents people killed (the ink sellers getting brutally killed and him saying thats what he was hoping for all along stands up for me even now) What bothers me the most is that wang-yoo character wanna pass as a good character and not as an antagonist, yet his actions are no different then El Temur's actions. El Temur is capable of anything for his country and power, but so is wang-yoo (the ink sellers, the promise he did not keep towards those contraband sellers), and yet one is supposed to be a "good" character and the other one a "bad" character. o even though at the beginning i liked wang-yoo a lot more than i liked ta-hwan, im not the type of person who stick to one character till the end, no matter their actions. And sadly wang-yoo didnt live up to my expectations.
I think the most sympathetic character in this drama is Ta Hwan. Yes, he is a coward and yes, he did get Nyang's father killed, but while wang-yoo gets people killed cause of his ambition (same as el temur), ta hwan got people killed because his life, his mother's life and his revenge towards the one who killed his father depended on it. Though the outcome is the same, the principles beyond their actions are way different. I recall that scene where he was put in the position to send 3 traitors to death, one could see the remorse and pain he felt while doing that. Ive never seen any type of remorse from wang-yoo thus far, which kinda annoyed me, but oh well, to each his own i guess.
Bottom line, I'm not trying to start anything with nyang-wangyoo shippers, i respect everyone's opinion and i realy dont wanna upset anyone with my statements. I just wanted to add my 2 cents about the show thus far. 

Recently I've been wondering this... ¿Why both shippers, (WY-SN & TH-SN) are being taken all too seriously?? :-/
If they do not like to enjoy the story because not going the way you want, why not only enjoy the scenes of her partner respectively? :-/ Why they have to go on criticizing the other side? :-/ :|
I've noticed that... that both sides criticize to the other hand, the truth that frustrates me a lot... :-< because I like both couples. :x :(

I personally am fine with the "love triangle" and these stuff, well I'm fine how the story goes so far, I enjoy it very much. Because if history is fine, I'm fine. :)

And now what I do not understand.... Why you have recently been talking so much about the secondary characters?? I mean, yeah, okay if you like some secondary character, I understand that, and I also know that they will have some function later in the story, because they should serve for something, no? lol but what I do not understand is ... Why do some of you are giving more importance than they are... secondary characters. xD Sorry ... but this is how I he see and understand. :|

In end... I can not wait any longer for the next episode!! :D I hope the PD and the writers have prepared something very surprising for us. :-SS :)
And.. already It's SATURDAY! :D (at least in my country) ... which means... ¡Lack very little for the MONDAY! :)) YAY~ <:-P
:P

Guest missred123

@DJG

I would be also upset if they have WY as a fetch it for SN love. That would make no sense, because they have portrayed WY as a strong king and for him to be fetching for SN behind the scenes is humiliating. Like you have said they need to make a decision and stick to it. If it's WY's to go let him go and continue with the story.

@sj15elf0hjw1023

I feel your pain, but it's way beyond TH/WY ship. It's people that's shipping their country. Yuan/Goryeo I know patriotism is good, but damn!!

@DJG : TMTETS, really you wouldn't even want to compare this with EK, the latter is very well written, i can't even compare TMTETS with Princess' Man, the level is too low with TMTETS. I mean i can list all the sageuk that are better than TMTETS (Chuno, Tree with deep roots, Jumong ect...)

I understand that it's more easy to take one way in this drama, the WY way or TH way and that the PD is afraid about the ratings, but the essense of this drama is actually the love triangle. I don't know if you saw their previous works, none of them has a love triangle, this drama has the same pattern as What Happened in Bali, they will not reveal everything till the end.

But i don't think that's the most important problem, the worst is that they don't want to get rid of El Temur family too early because they are popular and as a result of that, the story is lil' dragging (not to the extent of some of 50 episodes drama)

@sj15elf0hjw1023 : All my comments above are from k-netizen, they surely don't represent my opinion, if anyone is offended by that, i will stop posting them. I was just answering some who were wondering what korean (the actual viewers) thought about Empress Ki, that's all.
In my point of you, i don't even dare compare TT (supportive character) with TH, not even with WY, it's just that I read some foolish comparison between them.

Hi

While ducking tomatoes and rotten eggs l would like to introduce some ho-yay. May I?  I think WY fell in love with SN while he thought she was a man. I think he even treated her more loving. When she became a woman it seems he got a little rough when he spoke to her sometimes. Question? Why did he sleep with her and then leave her there in Yuan for so long? Did he not know she could have been pregnant ? A little bit neglectful I think. I like WY but as I think on his actions toward SN I am starting to get a ittle bit upset with him. If he had  taken her to Goyreo and married her none of that murder and mayhem would have happened and she would have been the QUEEN and not some concubine. I know that would have not fit the story line but since this made up character is here he needs to be responsible- He got the ohh-la-la and left. Like he said it is all his fault so he needs to stop giving her the moon eyes and move on....for real. I was really not for or against WY and SN love but now I want her to be totally for TN. Let's just move on PD's.

Time for SN and TN to enjoy their love.

Guest missred123

@sarah.lina

I enjoy reading your post, Informative and funny at times. Keep up the good work.

Waiting for ep 32!!

I wonder if people watch the drama before they comment!! Now WY, is Gay. (:| NEXT!!

@missred123 : thank you dear, i can tell you that i enjoy reading your recap of EK episodes too keep going :D :D :D

What WY is Gay?!? well so be it... i have a request Jo In Sung is free?!... they don't really think that WY will stay alone, even if he's gay in this drama, they have to add some spice in his romance too :D

Guest HanN1430293555

hello guys, Im new here! :-him TH-SN Shipper :x I love Sn when she bravely come to ET's zone,ET told her that SN is bold girl to come to a tigers den and quickly SN told him that: Tiger? (doubtful) but your plans is just like a kitten! bravaa!! SN  =D> in ur face ET :P 
BTW i saw new picture of SN and TH having date with their horses cant wait to this ep.
On Ji Chang Wook instagram

여유를즐기는 승냥&타환!!!! 봄이왔으면..

A photo posted by 지창욱 (@jichangwook) on Feb 20, 2014 at 8:35pm PST

Guest sogongx3

@tucci

Lol OMG you are so right!

That's clearly not a mother-son relationship. The chemistry is undeniable and burning my screen each time they are together.