[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

@pegster, Your love for SN is more than the love i had for her at the beginning by just shipping only for her since i can't deal with the OTP but then when Tal Tal came into the picture, he stole the love away.
I guess some people have a way of analyzing the ending based on their satisfactions. It doesn't mean they haven't seen all the episode in eng sub or whatever language they prefer, it's just what they see in it... You should remember your World literature days in high school. I examine the color white as Pure and you can see the color white as for people who are mourning the dead or when someone die.
Don't be too upset *smile*

Guest im_nyuna

Guess who finally finished Empress Ki? I really regret watching the last two episodes, because they could've just left it off with Wang Yoo getting his throne back again, and the Emperor living happily ever after with Seung Nyang (although I found myself leaning towards a WangNyang endgame at the end, but I just don't see that happening). 
Does anyone else think the ending hints at the fact that her heart was fully with TaHwan in the end? I feel like the last scene was intended to reiterate the love triangle between the three, and if viewers remembered that scene, they would remember that SN chose to go on the emperor's horse instead of WY's. Well, the love triangle is kind of pointless now since 2/3 people involved in it are dead T___T Can we get an alternate ending, writers? I mean, the conservatives already got realistic events they wanted, so can we shippers have the ending we want now?

Guest bashful

@‌ lovingkdrama

Agree, yes unless the writer tell viewers directly why the scene was aired. Since this is a cliff hanger which left audiences questioning..... I guess everyone can interpret the scene however they choose.

Yes, even at the end of this drama the writer is very cruel to his viewers. Lol

Looking forward to HJW next drama.

Guest Nayuki Tran

@empresski2013 r u new here trying to make war? Its a forum so ppl have a right to voice their different ideas. Many ships mean the drama is getting intense and popular, so whats wrong of that? We ve been arguing over our characters all along so we will keep doing it if we want. Peace.

Guest empresski2013lover

It remember me when i was reading comments about Elena&Damon ... Elena&steven .. HAAHAHAH guys be Cool !! 

Guest Nayuki Tran

Geez, watch the last scene today. Th is so pitiful. He looks so weak that im afraid he might break.and he did break. I still cant get over him, sn, and the whole drama, but I guess its better for Th not to see the empire going down. But then that means Sn leaves the palace by herself with Ayu behind:( why dont the writers let Taltal alive to be with Ayu or be a soulmate with Sn? So many unnecessary deaths. Heartless writernims, I m hesistant to watch your other projects now. *sigh*Btw, when is the 9 mins northcape releasedd? Is it tmr? -♥♡♥ u all chingu muahhh

@loli I am not upset at all.
I just find it funny that in the last few days we've got so many 'lurkers' of this thread who have finally decided to sign up for a soompi account so that they can share their 'insights' on the drama and the ending scene.
What makes it even more amazing is how most of these 'new members' happen to share the same 'insights'.
One signed up on Apr/29, two signed up today.  Coincidence?  
All I can say is I feel extremely ashamed for that ship to have such fans who would stoop so low to do something so childish.

WOW fans of EK are curious about ending of last episode. This is my interpretation of SN standing between WY and TH in end of the final episode. This symbolized two nations she loved. Goryo...abandon her. Yuan...never accepted her as their own. She stands alone.

Guest niknokdagu425

I can accept the ending between SN and TH but i dont think i can accept the fact that Empress Ki really ended for real,Gosh i wish they had extended it more to 55 or 60 episodes because its killing me now, (withdrawal mode)i miss HAJIWON so much now. Please come back my EMPRESS KI
:-S :-S :(( :((

Guest bashful

I can accept the ending between SN and TH but i dont think i can accept the fact that Empress Ki really ended for real,Gosh i wish they had extended it more to 55 or 60 episodes because its killing me now, (withdrawal mode)i miss HAJIWON so much now. Please come back my EMPRESS KI

Don't worry we will see her soon. This woman loves acting I'm sure she will be back with another drama soon. At least you will see on big screen..... if not CFs. If this is no help I recommend you do reruns of hjw projects. : ) this is what I always do!

She started off being a lone, and at the end she's still alone, well not really she still have ayu, but still she lost both of her lovers. Poor girl, if it was me I think I'd have jump off the bridge already. Jk.

I refrain myself to post a comment here until i watch the final episodes with sub. So i'm here giving my final thought after the sub comes out.
As for WY, I'm a TH-SN shipper but i can't stop crying when WY died. He died so SN alive? Unbelieveable. His crime is having a child with empress of yuan although it's before she becomes TH wife. Like really? it's already in the past. It's really unfortunate for WY. Maybe, If he were survive, he could move on from SN and find a new love. But at least his goal to become the king again has already accomplished. I guess living in the ancient era was difficult. I blame the old system in the ancient era. People was bound with many restrictions. The punishment by society was even harsh and severely to those who dare to break the traditions. I'm just grateful to live in this era.
As for TH, I proud of him. Finally, he can fulfill his duty to protect his family (SN and Ayu) from ED and Golta by himself and make it sure that there is no one blocking their way in the palace. He maybe fail as an emperor but in the end he doesnt fail as a husband and father of SN and Ayu. Good job TH. Well done. I appreciate it much. As for SN, She's fortunate enough to be loved by two hot men. her first love is a great king and her last love is a caring emperor. But i salute her for being a faithful wife for TH and never been swayed by WY after that. She knows how to act with dignity and come clean her relationship with WY in a good way. She still cares for WY not because she still love him but she respect him. In conclusion, i'm satisfied with the messages that the writers give to us altough in some cases there are plot holes. For example, Golta being the ML leader. It doesnt match with his character. Why does Golta help TH and SN to eradicate El Temur? ET gives many benefits to Eungbag group, shouldnt it illogical for him to get rid the one who benefit him? he doesnt even acknowledge TH as his master so why? At least give us a logic reason to justify Golta character.
Ahh, I dont forget to say many many thanks to all fellow soompi member here who give me many insightful posts and live recaps. I dont often to write a post but i always follow this thread from the start and enjoy the discussion here. I love you all :D

• Like 1

Guest ThaoL1430293631

The final ride horse scence. YangYi jump up with TH and say: Goobye Wangyoo Cong, I follow my husband... :-h

Guest Issy_1

Regarding the last scene, when I watched the raw for the 1st time, I thought it was their next life. But, after watching it again, it hit me that it might be actually a flashback of what we saw in ep4. Since all three, their surroundings and their conversation were exactly the same (it won't be so if it was their next life but it happens if they were brought back in time just like GG14D)

This scene in ep4 was really powerful because SN got to know TH, his fears, his pain, his hopes...and started to see the world through his eyes for a first time. And I dare to say she actually felt something towards him inside and it was clearly obvious from her behaviour shortly after that when she was drinking with WY. As TH walked in, sat next to her, put his arm around her and smile at her you could see that look in her face. Even WY saw it.

Now the last scene of TH's life, SN told him she truly loves him. The beach scene is telling us when it started. Writers just trolled us with not showing the full scene when she chose TH.

Not sure why I thought of next life and SN trying to choose between WY & TH again to be honest but the idea of them being flashbacks made total sense to me the next day. My two twitter friends thought nothing but flashbacks as soon as they saw it.

Plus, after her love confession to TH, if next scene was meant to show SN trying to choose again, wouldn't her previous confession will feel less sincere and/or just a lie. It sure didn't look like that.

I'm NOT denying her love for WY. She was in love with him in one point of her life but she also came to love TH sincerely and deeply. First love doesn't necessary mean your true love. People tend to make big deal of it because it's the first time something like this happening to them. 2nd, 3rd...love has as much chances to be the true love as the first.

Guest m925565

I love this drama......

SN indirectly killed both of her lover. If she would of pick one in the beginning and stay with them forever, none of this would happen. The way she grew up affected her and how she treat other around her.

niknokdagu425 said: I can accept the ending between SN and TH but i dont think i can accept the fact that Empress Ki really ended for real,Gosh i wish they had extended it more to 55 or 60 episodes because its killing me now, (withdrawal mode)i miss HAJIWON so much now. Please come back my EMPRESS KI