[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

@petria
True enough, ET isn't SN's main foe, but he is her ultimate foe. It can be argues he, in some way, is the source of all the things gone wrong in her life. His kids have directly attacked her, but he is behind all the tribute taking, he also played a role in having her father die as a criminal. When she was asked why she wanted to take revenge, note she said she had a beef with ET, she didn't name just his kids. She has a score to settle with him and his family. I do agree with you that TH should be the one to handle ET though. TH still has a role to play in this revenge, we are only beginning to see things unfold. After ET's take down. TH will probably be the one who is deciding ET's punishment, since ET, that annoying old man, is too good with a sword, it would be hard for TH to kill him in a sword fight. Therefore TH should at least get a chance to publicly punish him for example TH makes ET drink poison before everybody.  

I think SN needs to be seen as the main player in this plot scheme and not just the supporting role. Her revenge has moved passed her backing up WY or TH who share the same goal in revenge, she now is the main header of this plot. She is really stepping out in her actions and not just relegated to in the shadows plotting.

I guess the metal balls are silver, I once read an historical article mentioning the ancient doctor used silver spoon to detect many poisons such as Asen, when there is such thing, the spoon will turn dark grey. Asen is most familiar poison used in the past, this kind of poison, with proper amount, can't kill u immediately. Maybe that's why the Empress gave the concubines this poisonous soup many times so that they will die of poison one day and no relation to her.
btw, sorry for my bad Eng ^^

I'll be back to read your lovely posts but I'm thinking about that slap in the preview and the slap for EL maid
before I disappear for a while  :D

HJW is showing off all her skills in EK and now it's time for slapping skill :D
and I must say she slaps really good .... wow!! I would fear to anger her and be slapped by HJW or SN :D  :P

Guest walkingintherain

@sarah.lina
I know!!!! golta is soooo cute!!!! I laughed so hard when he slurred being carried by TH's bodyguards after he is drunk!!!!!  =))

Guest chaudinh1609

Yeah, Joo Jin Mo's acting outbeat this ep.
*tear drop* and *hat down* and *hands up* for Joo Jin Mo acting.
@Wang Yoo: what are you waiting for, rush to the palace, grab Sun Nyang's hands and fly away, Sun Nyang's heart still belongs to you, Wang Yoo ah

Guest ziimblu

sarasona said: i really wish that SN knows about the truth  that WY thought that she is dead thats why he was married..
i dont want her to marry or fall in love with TH thinking that SHE CANT HAVE wy
  \m/

So  BJH  will leave the cast from ep 30 meaning TS will step down from the royal seat and die,be vanqished?I'm sure that will not mean SN will became Empress as fast as that...with ET&Dk still alive and in play and ragging after TS will be punished they will want to kill her and those involved with her in the plot...It doesn't mean that ST will die but maybe they will make TS live like a peasant all her life(like in Sun/Moon did),it is a idea as well...i think SN will be Empress only they defeat ET and his clan,that will be the culmination of her hard work...and she still has many battles to fight in the inner court to accept her as a future Empress,it isin't just as easy ebcause TH wants her as his next official wife i think...and she is the first concubine to become Empress so it was never before heard of such thing for a concubine to dream at that position...

Now, i'm starting to think that they are changing their outline, it seems like SN will be the Empress around episode 40, Tanasili and El Temur family & co will die also around 37-40 episode or even later, because, well i don't think the writers will take the risk to kill half of the cast now, SN will surely place BG niece in the place of Tanasili before becoming Empress herself, and about the slap that SN gave to Seol Hwa, maybe it will be related to WY, (but she's a concubine?!?!?). I'm saying this because ED just told several times WY to marry Seol Hwa, and we all know that in this drama the coincidences don't exist, a proof??? --> well El Maid and El Plague blossoming relationship :x =)) >:)

TristanT said: I guess the metal balls are silver, I once read an historical article mentioning the ancient doctor used silver spoon to detect many poisons such as Asen, when there is such thing, the spoon will turn dark grey. Asen is most familiar poison used in the past, this kind of poison, with proper amount, can't kill u immediately. Maybe that's why the Empress gave the concubines this poisonous soup many times so that they will die of poison one day and no relation to her.
btw, sorry for my bad Eng ^^

I think after helping SN depose TS, Baek An's ambition gains bigger so he will ask ED to let his niece enter the palace to be the next empress since ED is also a member of Baek An's clan, she wants a girl from her clan to be the next empress. Then this will be the start for the betrayal later of Taltal to Baek An.

sarah.lina

said:

Now, i'm starting to think that they are changing their outline, it seems like SN will be the Empress around episode 40 and Tanasili and El Temur family & co will die also  around 37-40 episode or even later, because, well i don't think the writers will take the risk to kill half of the cast now, SN will surely place BG niece in the place of Tanasili before becoming Empress herself, and about the slap that SN gave to Seol Hwa, maybe it will be related to WY, (but she's a concubine?!?!?). I'm saying that because ED just told several times WY to marry Seol Hwa, and we all know that in this drama the coincidences don't exist, a proof??? --> well El Maid and El Plague blossoming relationship :x =)) >:)

:-B Stopped watching EK around eps 5 or 6...not because I didn't like this drama. On the contrary, I thought it was amazing! I knew I would enjoy this drama much more, if I didn't have to wait every weeks to watch two episodes. Well, I patiently waited ( don't ask name how) till episode 25....and then went back and started watching from episode 1..........all I can say is EK is still amazing.....I finished watching all eps up till today's........I don't think I can wait another 25 episodes to air....not after watching today and seeing WY's reaction when found out SN was alive....oh,cruel fate...... and also watching TH's deep love for SN".......I admit I even went cold turkey and didn't follow this thread.....after today that is impossible, I will go back to being a silent lurker and enjoy everyone thoughts, comments and recaps.....and now, I will, more like have to impatiently  ~X( :!! 8-> wait to watch EK......weekly....there are a lot of 'torture' scenes... I now have become one of the tortured....having to wait to watch weekly. Kudos to the EK (production, Writer,actors)Team .... and of course, this EK thread. ;)

Yeah, agree, on all points! 

Conversely, neither does ET focuses on SN.

SN moves leading to  pre-overthrow/offensive, aided by TT, et al -  - In the works are the principles of SunTzu (one of SN required reading/"Prof." TalTal);     I must commend the directing - how it reveals, not in so many words, the kind of precise "Art of War", waged by SN and her allies. 

n.b. @petria 
You must have read the book? 
~O)

Nice observation! That's wonderful storytelling then, if they were able to incorporate the strategies in the drama. Now I want to read the book! I understand there were two? I only have the one by Sun Tzu. Does anyone remember the author of the other one?

puppet5akl

said: I think after helping SN depose TS, Baek An's ambition gains bigger so he will ask ED to let his niece enter the palace to be the next empress since ED is also a member of Baek An's clan, she wants a girl from her clan to be the next empress. Then this will be the start for the betrayal later of Taltal to Baek An.