[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

qwenli said: bluedora said: Does anyone recall the set of rings SN was looking at in ep 1 when she was getting ready to become the official Queen. I wonder who gave those to her.?Judging from the cheap string it was roped to... I guess WY? I will be heartbroken to know that she goes with TH as a spy or something.  I pray hard no baby-plot.  It would be most deceiving if the baby-plot takes place.

Yeah I agree that Tana is cute, actually I think she looks better in real life without all that empressy makeup and overdress.
I went to took a glance at that "not to be mentioned" scene, and going further backwards when SN was looking at the hairpin, there was a flashback to TN, then she cried. What do you guys think about this? Just another schizo director/scriptwriter trying to confuse us? I thought she just remembered what TN will think if he knows she accepted the pin. He was such a big part of her life for such a long time. Its like what would my other suitor think if he knows all about it. 
It reminded me about my own experience with this guy who was so crazy about me too when I was in school but I never like him. He was short and wasnt goodlooking and our religion were different. But he never realised all that, and was always looking at me with glass glazed eyes. After we left school, I never knew what happened to him but I remembered how he felt for me. I guess, sometimes it doesnt mean if you love someone alot, that person is going to love you. 
Poor TN..................

qwenli said: bluedora said: Does anyone recall the set of rings SN was looking at in ep 1 when she was getting ready to become the official Queen. I wonder who gave those to her.?Judging from the cheap string it was roped to... I guess WY? I will be heartbroken to know that she goes with TH as a spy or something.  I pray hard no baby-plot.  It would be most deceiving if the baby-plot takes place.

I actually think it's her most precious tresure...they are the last and only thing she has of her parents,so even if in the eyes of strangers it may look like normal rings in her eyes are more valuable than anything storing the feelings and image of her now dead parents,she will keep that forever with her  knowing that they are by her side...I guess many people even here have some tresure item from a loved one that maybe isin't here anymore...so it knows the very meaning...

I'm so annoyed ET is still alive. I don't want him dead as much as I do El Plague but ... I do want ET and his whole entitled, worthless family gone. rant2.gif
@illay - I think it's just the opposite - I'm the only one mad ET is still alive!   laugh3.gif  That's the perfect example of us reading the same stuff but coming away with differing opinions. 
@bluedora - Those rings that SN looks at in EP 1 are the ones from her parents. Her Father had one of them (which she took when he died) and her Mom gave her the other one as a means to identify her Father when she found him. 
@cacazeel - I love the banners! Keep making them, please! 
@petria - Yes, by the time you guys show up, @CherKell and I will be under the table. (hopefully with JCW) *hehehehe* 67.gif
@tucci - Agree but we might be jumping the gun about a child. I'm REALLY hoping the love-child plot won't be part of this drama.  [-O<
@larabn - LMAO, I'm drinking redbull right now. 
@qwenli - Yep, I noticed that scene but my first thought was the writer was trying to pacify the Korean audience with "Look, she does have feelings for TH - that's why she marries him" type thing. I almost feel like we're in WHIB territory where we won't know how SN truly feels until the very end? I hope not! 

qwenli said: briseis said:I think this episode has done it for me I'm dropping this show. and even though TH is not perfect (not everyone can be WY, can they?) he certainly doesn't deserve to raise a child of other man as his own and have him inherit his throne. He deserves his own children with the woman he loves which I suspect won't ever happen for him now. I'm simply not such a sucker for punishment to keep my heart getting broken for the next 4 months like TH does - my poor puppy, there are still 30 full episodes of unrequited love for him :-S :-S :-SIt was nice hanging with everyone here for the last 2 months and reading your amazing comments >:D< . Enjoy the rest ----------------------
Oh please dont quit the show, i have enjoyed many of your speedy videos here. 
Guess what, the China Baidu forum is also abuzz with arguments. 
This show is seriously starting to remind me of Mirae's Choice, altho over here you can argue that SN is inlove with WY, they are the OTP. But, that's the author, scriptwriter and korean's OTP.
All I want to say to SN and TH shippers is that historically there is no WY and SN relationship, it was TH all the way. I think the writers took liberty with their imagination because TH wasnt fully supportive of SN's son as the heir to his throne. 
I will accumulate a few more eps before watching the show then I can fast fwd. haha

qwenli said: Yeah I agree that Tana is cute, actually I think she looks better in real life without all that empressy makeup and overdress.
I went to took a glance at that "not to be mentioned" scene, and going further backwards when SN was looking at the hairpin, there was a flashback to TN, then she cried. What do you guys think about this? Just another schizo director/scriptwriter trying to confuse us? I thought she just remembered what TN will think if he knows she accepted the pin. He was such a big part of her life for such a long time. Its like what would my other suitor think if he knows all about it. 
It reminded me about my own experience with this guy who was so crazy about me too when I was in school but I never like him. He was short and wasnt goodlooking and our religion were different. But he never realised all that, and was always looking at me with glass glazed eyes. After we left school, I never knew what happened to him but I remembered how he felt for me. I guess, sometimes it doesnt mean if you love someone alot, that person is going to love you. 
Poor TN..................

ok, sorry all for the confusion about the ring, I know it was related to her dad.
@tessieloo: what is WHIB?
@inner: Original pairing aka original love, but somebody else probably have the more accurate term.
@illay: oh yes, should be TH. 
WHATS WRONG WITH ME TONIGHT???ARRGH 8-}

Guest missred123

What ep was the ring again? Could someone tell me , so I can rewatch that ep. Maybe I can get more understanding from it.

Guest bashful

I have to give it to the PD. Who is doing a good job with keeping the viewers in suspense about who SN truly loves. (Well, let say the PD is trying his best ) I just watch ep 20 today w/o subs. SN was happy that WY gave her the hair pin but she thought of TH and it made her tear. The next day she took out the pin but did not put it on. WY was waiting outside for her reply but unfortunately she gave him no answer. Even though she knew WY will be disappointed. If she really truly love WY why did she hesitate. I have a feeling that the PD is trying to trick the viewers into believing that she likes both men but in truth we all know who SN will probably hold in her heart at the end. To me this really just don't make sense how SN hesitated to marry WY (that's if the hair pin was really a marriage proposal. I need to wait for the sub to confirm...lol) but then easily sleeps with him (with no hesitation).  When WY hugged her; she hesitated to hug him as well.  I think SN actions were out of character. I don't really know what WY told her that made her cry and hug him before they kiss. But judging from the scenes it was about them when they were younger ( hope the subs will come out soon). I hope she did not sleep with him because she was grateful for him during that time.  SN is indeed a very confusing character!!! I know she cares for both men but eventually she will have to hurt one of them at the end!

I like how this ep ended...Why did SN shoot the arrow???  Why did WY look surprise?  Did SN and WY plan this?  Until next week!!!!

Guest larabn

I think the writers are setting the love triangle between TH, WY and SN today
why else did she cry when looking at the pin and remembering TH
does she have feelings for both
not cause she wouldn't have slept with WY then
what are the writers trying to convey here
I have no clue or did she feel sorry for leaving TH after the mother bird memory
and that she is everything to him now
and going to goryeo with WY
maybe that's more like the situation now