[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

I just remembered this scene and wanted to write about it
WY doesn't see SN as a servant like she thinks
but as a man in love he would never put her in danger even if he knows she is capable of protecting herself
specially that her position now is risky she will be the one who will take the blame the most
and be exposed to greater danger so I actually like that he did not include her in his plan
if he had come to only ask for her help that night....people will be disappointed in him thinking of her when he needs help only
but what he did actually shows that he doesn't see her as a subordinate who serves him
but he came to her to discuss his plan and to tell her what he knows without asking her to help him
seeing hat she is cold he puts his robe on her and when she wants to help him
he refuses which only shows he does care for her
and as much as I hated when he pushed her away and told her not to see him again after he knew she was helping him
he did it the hard way to ensure she will not get herself in a mess helping him

just remembered this scene now so I wanted to write about it since I didn't get it before when it wasn't subbed
actually I'm not on any ship and it's weird that I don't care who she will end up with as long as the writers do it
in a convincing well written way :)
I just state what I think of a scene whether it's for TH or WY :)

TH on the other hand....made me feel really sorry for him he is all alone without anybody there with him
his childish behavior is I think a way to cover up his emotions inside that's why when he does cry
or he is in a serious mood you feel for him
well in the end they're both humans after all
unlike dangkise that I can't understand why the heck will he be crying for SN
love...craziness....pride...ego don't know all I know is I burst out laughing when he does cry ....the mighty oh mighty skinning dangkise is crying because of badass SN (maybe it's a feeling you get after sniffing someone) =)) loool and following her around like a puppy in love
=)) =)) =)) 

Guest nana544

I remembered when Dangkise mentions that he doesn't remember who he killed---so SN can't hold that against him. He honestly meant  what he said. I feel sorry for him though because he likes her, but she hate him since he killed her mother. Poor dude has no one to love. I will love him, I like bad boy :D. Ahhhh impatiently waiting to see ep 16.

I like to research the shows I watched especially historical characters. Besides wikipedia, there is an interesting book I came across. See the link below:
http://books.google.com.sg/books?id=ou-hq_FlQY4C&pg=PA180&lpg=PA180&dq=toghun+tem%C3%BCr&source=bl&ots=rI4a0iFK5j&sig=ky--R5BoYnxVD7Lr_DvAwd-_rhU&hl=en&sa=X&ei=YaixUsuHEsmPrQe9xIDQAQ&ved=0CIwBEOgBMBA#v=onepage&q=toghun%20tem%C3%BCr&f=false
So TH is really 10 years younger than SN and he was banished to Goryeo when he was 8 and ascended the throne when he was only 13. He and Lady Ki had a son when (gasped) he was 20 years. So forgive TH for being childish, he is really a teenager now in the show!!

avocado said: Well I am just too afraid for my second lead syndrome for Uri Emperor...but after watched 16th episode...I am sure that he is the real lead....Sorry for WY's fans...but i think he well being is catalyst for what TH's did...and I think he should be the hero of the drama but not to be the lead....this is a korean drama...with nationalism spirit like them, they won't make story merely about the successful emperor from other country..I just happy that the korean viewer can accept the story about the emperor from other kingdom (...because please correct me if I am wrong..in my saeguk experience I never watch the lead man story is from other country... I think Bichunmo take set in china too but the lead is korea birth)...I think that's why the writer put soo much effort to picture TH complicated personalities...lol... thumbs up for JCW that make his TH getting soo many love :x

nana544 said: I remembered when Dangkise mentions that he doesn't remember who he killed---so SN can't hold that against him. He honestly meant  what he said. I feel sorry for him though because he likes her, but she hate him since he killed her mother. Poor dude has no one to love. I will love him, I like bad boy :D. Ahhhh impatiently waiting to see ep 16.

Guest alwaysjcw8788

hi, everyone!!! i'm a new member here. can you all tell me other drama beside EK who interesting/ strong storyline?. im bored waiting for next week to watch EK next ep.

^pretty man....acting is little dull....however plot is interesting...

class="entry-title"Empress Ki” Wears 8th Crown on TV Charts

http://www.tenasia.com/archives/76099

Empress Qi" Joo Jin-mo gets jealous

http://www.hancinema.net/spoiler-empress-qi-joo-jin-mo-gets-jealous-63941.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+hancinema%2FAUJj+%28HanCinema+Daily+News%29

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Empress Qi" Episode 14

photo382750.jpg

"Empress Qi" has all of its major pieces on the playing board and it's moving through the plot, romantic development and character development at a nice clip. It is easy to engage in all of the story elements, even the politics, which normally tend to be too heavy-handed in dramas.

The players of "Empress Qi" have been moved to Ta-hwan's palace and both romance and politics sizzle. El Temur, the show's major villain, has been foiled by the dowager empress and Seung-nyang and must seek out other methods to retain his political power. The political points earned by the dowager empress have set him back and the show is doing a fantastic job of showing the underlings of Yuan and Goryeo politics scurrying forth to claim what little power they can. Wang Yoo included.

posterphoto382749.jpgposterphoto382748.jpg

The deposed king of Goryeo may have one a victory against the Turks, but he has a very precarious position that needs the support of Yuan to remain stable. The writer has him simultaneously wading through political mire and navigating his love life, which makes for interesting character development. It was needed for him because he stagnated during the Silk Road war. It was a necessary stagnation, but it still left me wanting growth from him.

photo382747.jpg

In contrast, Ta-hwan avoids his political responsibilities and focuses on his love for Seung-nyang. Both he and Wang Yoo have very little power and very few choices they can make, and that daunts Ta-hwan. He is overwhelmed by the pressure from all of the palace factions and chooses, for the most part, to avoid it. Seung-nyang becomes his obsession because she is the only person who has ever been direct with him and inspired him to be someone better. Watching his character spiral into potentially hazardous jealousy is thrilling. He's a deeply flawed character who is also easy to empathize with and easy to love. That impression is due to wonderful writing and Ji Chang-wook's acting.

As for Seung-nyang, her character is stronger now that Wang Yoo is back and she once again has a goal. I mentioned that the love between them didn't have a strong foundation, but now that it's actively blooming again, the chemistry between the actors and the tension fostered by their current situation makes "Empress Qi"'s romantic atmosphere scintillating. That is especially true now that Wang Yoo and Ta-hwan are battling for her affections as well as political ground.

posterphoto382746.jpgposterphoto382745.jpg

Not only are Wang Yoo, Ta-hwan and Seung-nyang involved in a messy love triangle, but they are key players in the battle between Yuan and Goryeo. Other characters rally around them or choose to make enemies of them because they are strong and dangerous, either because of personality, like Wang Yoo and Seung-nyang, or because of position, like Ta-hwan. Tanisiri, the ambitious empress, fights for footing in the palace under the influence of her father's power and wants to use her pregnancy to control Ta-hwan and the court; he won't lie with her. Through her and the dowager empress we see what small battles women have to fight in order to have any political sway.

The beauty of "Empress Qi" lies in the balance between the romance and history. It also is strong in that the political scheming is not monochromatic. It involves a multitude of people, plans, and ideas to gain power that are interesting to watch and contemplate as a viewer.

Written by Raine from Raine's Dichotomy

http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-empress-qi-episode-14-63945.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+hancinema%2FAUJj+%28HanCinema+Daily+News%29

in episode 16.. for me the bridge scene is the best part ....i really like the way how SN try to console TH(i replay tat scene many times ..hahah..)so touching ..she is indeed a cool gal!! as for WY ..it is such a pity...he cant fight with the will of God....SN and TH are connected by red thread of destiny..

drbigapple said: in episode 16.. for me the bridge scene is the best part ....i really like the way how SN try to console TH(i replay tat scene many times ..hahah..)so touching ..she is indeed a cool gal!! as for WY ..it is such a pity...he cant fight with the will of God....SN and TH are connected by red thread of destiny..

Guest missred123

I don't see TH character changing at all. Ep 1 the coronation, TH behavior was still the same. TH will forever be the puppet emperor that's how I see it. He is a puppet for ET, ED, and finally, he will be SN's puppet not the nan she loves.

Guest anjshin

And light some fire-wood under the bath-hull? Is that our witch`s plan? El Plague sure needs a thorough cleaning, maybe drop of an acid will do X_X

@larabn : lol just kidding around,. byeum soo is indeed a great actor and all the villains that why they made us all want to hate them and kick their butts. lol

Bravo Seung Nyang. You lit the spark to start the love triangle proper, just by lending your back to the kid emperor on the bridge. If that was all you have to do, you should have done that sooner! Now we can all finally sit back and enjoy the show!

anjshin said: @larabn : lol just kidding around,. byeum soo is indeed a great actor and all the villains that why they made us all want to hate them and kick their butts. lol

Guest Lyly1430292245

tumblr_mxyr8ccRo21roduv3o8_500.png

I don't know why but I just feel these two are meant to be together. Ta Hwan will never let go of that hand, that we can be sure...
I really like it when uri Peha said to himself that kissing Seung Nyang is meaningless when she doesn't even know, and that it is despicable to do so. It shows he's a real gentleman here ^^, while so many Kdrama heroes just keep forcing kisses on girls whenever they like it. 
That said, I won't mind a forced hug when he can't contain himself at some point. :"> :"> I'm imagining and it looks good. :"> 

don't hate Yeom Byung Soo.... but he just disgusting to me , he is like rat or cockroach, somehow always survives ,he is seriously mentally ill( now +physically ill)

Guest anjshin

don't hate Yeom Byung Soo.... but he just disgusting to me , he is like rat or cockroach, somehow always survives ,he is seriously mentally ill( now +physically ill)

@blckp: nope, i dont hate byeum soo literally, instead i admire his acting skills being as a villain since queen seon duk. :))