[Drama 2013] Cruel City / Heartless City 무정도시

elegance1

@songwiththemoon
We are always delighted to hear another's view on this drama, so feel free to come back and share with us your thoughts once you are free :)
JKH - I'm still living in your Cruel City even after all these days...what on earth have you done to my mind...?

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Mangoberrie thank youuuu for the warm welcome^^
Let_Me_Hug_You.gif

i promise i'll come back later. as fast as i could. before i forget all my insight and resorts to watching CC AGAIN *not that it was a bad thing though :P*
yea, i feel you. JKH is currently living in my Cruel City together. he's on my siggy, on my wallpaper lappy and on my soft board. *sigh*

Guest sweetandsimpleutterings

@songwiththemoon
I second @mangoberrie's request to hear another's opinions. I will never tire of discussing this captivating series. 
I'm still utterly entrenched in this world myself.

i'm finally free. *yeayy*i'm going to give my opinion on the ending+ the whole Shi Hyun-Soo Min couple *cause that what we're most interested in right? :P*
going through the drama, we have to admit that our OTP got so little of scene together and at first i always thought that it was Soo Min who loves SH a little too much because SH seems to think about her so little. only thinking once she is in front of him. but then after i finished the drama awhile, i started to think of all SH's character+scene. *i ALWAYS got a late insight* and i thought, SH is such an intense person, he never does something half-heartedly or because he has some other diabolical reasons. he only doing what he wants to. he become the 'Real Doctor's Son' eventhough he is a police, he values his friendship with Soo the way any other man will do for a friend who's willing to sacrifice his life for him, he takes care of JS as a true 'relative-sort-of-person' will do even at first JS betray him with the whole Safari thingy. and of course he makes love to SM because he feels something for her, and that something is sure deep from the look of E10 *double jerk*
and i'm not an expert of love scene. yes, i do watch love scene from other movies but currently i'm studying  i'm looking at the way they kiss. *it kinda fascinates me because some kisses REALLY conveys love+tenderness+care* hence the kiss that started at E09 and ends at E10 kinda feel hot for me. i mean, did you guys see how spontaneous+passionate those kisses are?? *fans myself* and i missed that one thing. one really important thing that later when i realised it kinda changed how i feel  about SM was the only one loving more in the relationship. someone from tumblr said that the love scene was tender, like SH is really making love to SM, not just sex. then i kinda watch the scene again.... and....... OMG JKH is totally HAWTTT!!! i see it. SH was making love to SM soooooo tenderly it kinda moves me. before i thought that scene are hot, now, i thought it was so sweet and the one-time SH is really showing how he felt towards SM *slash the money afterwards*
and quoting from page one, "It's a sad love story between the men and the woman who have no choice but to hide their feelings. The story will linger with viewers like no other," said Lee, who will co-direct with Jang Yong Woo."yes thank you Mr. director, the story sure lingers in my mind and wouldn't let me doing my study+assignments!!! hence me with head shaking agreeing, thinking : oh, this is why SH not really showing his feelings. it was stated that they have to hide their feelings in the synopsis^^.
as far as the ending, i kinda agrees with the writer by making SH dead by everyone else but he is actually alive, just changing his identity and going abroad to live. because admit it, wouldn't it be weird with SM after the whole drug debacle has ended? with their history, with Gyung Mi+JS between them *some of you might denied it but i felt something was unfinished with GM and OF COURSE JS* could they have the 'everyday-love' couple have? no, i kinda doubt it. 
hence with the whole Season 2 being said, where's the petition?? lemme sign it!!! i do like it if it really happens. i would like the character to have their own closure+ending and for SH-SM couple to developed more. some of you says that S02 usually sucks for kdrama. yes, i agree no less. but do you know why they sucks? from my opinion, S02 usually sucks because the production keeps thinking of getting a high rating+pleasing fans. no wonder they sucks. i think from early, the production of CC just thinking of doing a high-quality drama, not getting a high rating hence if somehow S02 is going to be made, i really would like for the writer to keep to their earlier aim. to produce a high-quality drama. and no change of actors/actresses pleaseeeeeee.
all in all, Cruel City currently is my FAVOURITE-BEST DRAMA of 2013. since NG, i've always prefer a drama with heavier element in it. not that i didn't watch other kdrama with their OTP always together, it's just to get no.1 in my heart will be a bit harder. and yes, Cruel City fits noir genre really well^^. and i saw some of you saying you kinda feel like cheated with the synopsis saying there will be many OTP scene but we all know how many scene there is of our OTP along the drama *sobbing*. no, you didn't get cheated. go watch Empire of Gold and you might say you feel being cheated by a synopsis. i'm not condemning EoG. i love that drama it's just i do am being cheated. *runs from my fellow EoG-ers*
i'm sorry for ranting this lonnngggggg. blame @Mangoberrie + @sweetandsimpleutterings for encouraging me to write my insights. *nooooo, i love you twoo sooo much for welcoming me ;;) ;;) ;;)*

Guest sweetandsimpleutterings

@songwiththemoon
Thanks for sharing your thoughts! Personally, for me, the longer the comments the better, don't feel bad about the length!
To be honest, the tenderness of the love scene surprised me, pleasantly. I'm not complaining, it was just such a different moment compared to the other harsh, intense, brutal interactions between all of the characters. SH had lighter moments with Soo and JS for example, but they were never anything I'd call "soft." Even though that scene was... *fans herself* it was really the tender moments amidst all of the clothes ripping that stuck with me. 
I'll probably remain slightly confused always about what the message the director was delivering regarding the OTP (was it an OTP?) but there are many, many other moments that deserve just as much attention devoted to them. The interactions of the make-shift family that SH devoted himself so strongly to with JS, Soo, Safari in some ways is more compelling than the romance aspect. (Although my inner romantic will always squee at certain scenes :P)
I'll be shocked if a Season 2 happens, and I'm on the fence myself about wanting it. *If* it can match it's predecessor then I'd be for it. But anything that's tepid or devoted to just pleasing an audience --- no thanks. Hopefully the writer won't be swayed and stick with their original script, like you mentioned. 
Hands down Heartless City is my favorite series *ever*, irrespective of country - forget 2013. And I've watched a bunch. *sighs* What did this series do to me...

i get what you're saying.... @sweetandsimpleutterings ... i too kinda fascinates by the relationship between *quoting you :P* 'make-shift' family of SH,JS and Safari. i mean, how fair it is Safari died only after he comes clean with SH?? they don't even have time for mushy scene together....and as for JS, sometimes i think JS has feelings for SH, sometimes i think she loves SH as a relative-sort of family to him. i REALLY would like for SH,JS+SM to be face to face! *evil laugh*
ohhhh... don't tempt me. don't make CC your all time favourite drama!! i wanted to do it too... but i kinda have a strong attachment to NG :-S :-S :-Scan i put both of them in my no.1 spot pleaseeee?? :DD

Oh Gosh,
I shipped him so hardly with NGRi that I want to start yelling now.
Anw dramas is not real life ,and we want the best for our actors,but I need some minutes to absorb the news.
Now we know why NGR and especially him  tried to keep a distance from her.
=(( =(( =((

@kiklaminoOh dear, come here.. >:D< I'll give you the biggest hugs.. I can practically hear women's heart breaking everywhere :P
It's too bad we need to close down the chilli pepper farm, it's making good money =))
*Side notes: I was watching Suspicious Housekeeper, and guess who's making a surprise appearance? It's gi chul a.k.a cute driver/ sniper's killer/ undercover mole.

penforella said: @kiklaminoOh dear, come here.. >:D< I'll give you the biggest hugs.. I can practically hear women's heart breaking everywhere :P
It's too bad we need to close down the chilli pepper farm, it's making good money =))
*Side notes: I was watching Suspicious Housekeeper, and guess who's making a surprise appearance? It's gi chul a.k.a cute driver/ sniper's killer/ undercover mole.

@sophieIt's akward for sure ;))
He called her late, so when she answered the phone, he asked why she was still awake at this hour. He said her voice sound sleepy and she responded "My voice is always like that".  ;))He read a question from a radio listener to NGR "After working with JKH for 4, 5 months, in your opinion, what is his charm/attractiveness?"He asked her to answer the question truthfully. She said: "Attractiveness? As in "Male attractiveness?"He said: "Of course. Or do you think of female attractiveness?"And here is her truthful answer: "I think of you as an older sister. :)) Someone who is considerate, funny, someone who I can talk with."(What a way to answer ;)))A listener commented that they seemed close. He said: "Of course, we're close" and she said: "Definitely, for sure." (Just wonder, where is that "of course" or "for sure" ;;))P/S 1: NGR's interview for Kwave MagazineQ: Who would you want to go on trip with?A: The actor, Ha Jung Woo. He has all the masculine characteristics. I think he would be really mature and organized as a person. As an actor, there is much to learn from him as well. NGR should ask her "older sister" for help if she really wanted to go on trip with Ha Jung Woo as we all know that "older sister" and HJW are close hoobae - sunbae/ friends.P/S 2: I spot you in MTT thread ;;) 

foreverandever said: @sophieIt's akward for sure ;))
He called her late, so when she answered the phone, he asked why she was still awake at this hour. He said her voice sound sleepy and she responded "My voice is always like that".  ;))He read a question from a radio listener to NGR "After working with JKH for 4, 5 months, in your opinion, what is his charm/attractiveness?"He asked her to answer the question truthfully. She said: "Attractiveness? As in "Male attractiveness?"He said: "Of course. Or do you think of female attractiveness?"And here is her truthful answer: "I think of you as an older sister. :)) Someone who is considerate, funny, someone who I can talk with."(What a way to answer ;)))A listener commented that they seemed close. He said: "Of course, we're close" and she said: "Definitely, for sure." (Just wonder, where is that "of course" or "for sure" ;;))P/S 1: NGR's interview for Kwave MagazineQ: Who would you want to go on trip with?A: The actor, Ha Jung Woo. He has all the masculine characteristics. I think he would be really mature and organized as a person. As an actor, there is much to learn from him as well. NGR should ask her "older sister" for help if she really wanted to go on trip with Ha Jung Woo as we all know that "older sister" and HJW are close hoobae - sunbae/ friends.P/S 2: I spot you in MTT thread ;;) 

Archived