[Drama 2013] TV Novel: Eun Hee / TV소설 – 은희 티저

Guest reijaye

@hrkharis IU has an absolutely beautiful voice. I first saw her in Dream High (2209 or 2010). It was about kids at a school for the performing arts who are trying to become stars. She sang, and played piano and guitar, she was so adorable (although they made her wear a fat suit through most of the drama hahaha).  From what I saw of Bel Ami her character is NOTHING like Sun Shin, but fans like to start rumors especially when their fave male or female star gets paired up with someone they didn't chose or don't like.

Guest atomickitty

@valsava.. i want to say i won't but you know i'll be watching the new one. I'll probably wait for a few episodes though

My last word on this drama after watching ep140. On the last scene with SJ and EH. More platonic and meeting of an old friend. Director must hv just want to tie up that storyline. Like someone previously mentioned, SJ must hv super leg. One minutes he was with the rest of the people in hospital, and the next min, he spring up next to the lighthouse besides EH. Only two line of conversation here. SJ asking EH, how was life in US. EH answer good and busy. Seem like she is working there now. EH commented that it seem like they just met recently and how time fly ( not exact translation). Then EH said, let go to the hosp and see ah jussi and they just walk off. No hint of love between them. So, guess all end alone.
@valsava @timsha thank for the recap. I have yet to decide on which drama to watch. I think PM and I will be the one as I watched the first two ep and like it. But will wait for it to end first before continuing. I am looking for drama below 50ep and completed to watch.
Have a great start to a new year. And hope that korean writer will give up on the forget and forgive theme. My wish. And give us great drama for 2014

@krgeek,  I have open the thread for the new drama. some of us are watching just for the fun of it.  I'm also watching first born it has 50 ep and the story line just pick up were on ep 32. So drop me a line and i will also stay in touch with you it was fun chinggu. 

Guest asianographer

I was totally in tears () during the dancing-queen…I mean, dance scene of Mr. Cha where everyone felt really sorry and pity for what he has become after all he's done to EH's family and the other victims of his greed & insanity...but like everyone else here who has followed this novel...it was indeed the rule of thumb that WHATEVER YOU DO (whether you do good or bad against someone or anyone) – IT WILL ALWAYS BOUNCE-BACK TO YOU SOMEDAY, SOMEHOW…NO MATTER WHAT YOUR DISPOSITION/STATUS IN LIFE IS!  I fell in love with this drama the first time I've seen the first airing in KBS World and was never disappointed of this sad (҂̀_́) and vague ending though.

I wish the handsome Myeongho (Lee Jong-Ho is his real name I guess) to be with EH in the end (◔◡◔) ♥♥ˆԅ) lol...I'm fine with EH & SJ being back in each other's arms as well (>‿♥) if that's what the last scene or the producer/director tried to imply on the final episode, lol....I'd say that most of the casts played their part really well particularly Mr. Cha, YJ, and Kang Jang-Pil “whom I'd like to smash ( ರೃ) and (-●●) bite (´) their heads-off every time they did or will plan something evil to those weaklings )! “  lol...   Great actors indeed and I wish that pusasangnim (Myeongho) and EH and Jongtae oppa and everyone on this drama will be super busy with more acting projects to come their way!

(◠‿◠) Kudos to @timsha and @valsava for your passion in recapping the episodes for everyone's pleasure and enjoyment (>‿◠) on this show/forum.  

@valsava - I will surely holla you! Thanks so much !

@krgreek, @jogpen, @hrkharis - glad we all got acquainted on this thread! ˚)

@timsha [ I will definitely miss your straight-forward, funny recaps and side-comments!❀‿❀≦ ] like the ones below...

--> I agree that they gave us an open ending .... EH/SJ on that lighthouse looked happy and carefree like good friends .... I think EH has moved on..... so I prefer to think that they remain just good friends.  However in the end when after all the credits .... they stopped on the shot of EH/SJ together with all that kids taken that day long ago when they spent the day by the beach.

My personal take on this, SG got away (I am pissed at the writers.... but he gave a good performance), Gilrye although forgiven never returned to live in Halmoni's house (I am half pissed about being forgive and half happy she is not accepted back into Halmoni's family and YJ hides herself in Seoul with work cos as she tells EH how can she live in Incheon with everyone knowing whose daughter she is (yessss thats karma you little snake, you are the murderer's daughter and you live with it the rest of our life) plus she never got to marry her  'oppa' SJ (hah in your face again little snake.... ).  Also our VP is still up for grabs ...hope someone forms  a fan club for him cos HE IS THE ONE WHO SINGLE HANDEDLY SAVED THIS CRAPPY DRAMA WHEN IT WAS DYING AND NOBODY WANTED TO WATCH IT .... KBS BETTER GIVE HIM AN AWARD FOR THIS .... ACTOR WITH MIDAS TOUCH WHO CAN REVIVE A DRAMA THAT WAS SOOO BORING AND DRAGGY. <--

--> @ krgeek I agree with you .... I feel cheated for VP.... instead of showing SJ/EH at the end, it would have been better if VP/EH was shown... after all he was the one who not only stood by and fought for EH but he also saved this drama .... SJ did absolutely nothing for the drama or for EH but make her life a misery and the drama a drag, but the ending pays some kind of importance to his role in EH's life???? Exactly what??? ... covering up for a murderer so that both his and Halmoni's lives would go on smoothly without any emotional upheavals?  Shame on the scriptwriters/producer/director for not giving credit where its due.  I would have preferred an ending where both EH/VP went to JT's grave and spent time there with him ... instead of showing stupid blob SJ at the light house....what a waste of precious airtime at the end. <--

@fifthtry [ I totally agree with your comments below... ]

--> @ krgeek, in this thread, there are no opposing forces because there's nothing to oppose.  Who in their right mind would think EH is deserving of our beloved VP  :))   I have no reaction to EH pairing up with SJ.  As long as she doesn't contaminate the VP with her sour face, she can have SJ!  Luckily they spared us the sight of EH and SJ kids ... can you imagine what dumb and dumber will create!

Nothing mentioned about JT .. did he die?  I hope the serial killer didn't get rid of him too?   This show is a lot better than Samsaengi and needless to say that horrible SMH but the ending is really disappointing. <--

--> @ timsha we will give the award to VP for being the lifesaver of this boring fare. Without him, this drama will be a gone case. Many of us including me, will have stopped when he left for USA. We all came back on his return and he was our hero all the way and a great smart Alex. Hope that he will pick great role after this. He has the cool look ( not the handsome type like most korean actor) to act in role with called for silent, cool hero. His look can killed his enemy, and sway woman. Good luck to this actor. Great performance by all. Only unhappy about the Cha family. Got off too easily. Halmoni and family shd bow in respect and grateful ness to our VP. <---

@lindab12 [Thank you for coming up with this!

--> I made a thread about our beloved VP. pleased spread the word.  http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/2021757/lee-jong-ho%EC%9D%B4%EC%A2%85%ED%98%B8handsome-vice-president-tv-novel#latest <--

I'll surely post something about the AWESOME LEE JONG-HO a.k.a. Myeongho / Pusasangnim our hero ❀◕ !

And to all the rest of the posters [@tamz @katielinhguyen @Betty59 @kdramafan469 @mckh @summerose @lindab12 @monalisa @atomickitty @pepper2 @Ayu Rashid @mckh @suchadiva42] at this forum --> Thank you for all the insightful views (♥♥,) !

Until then...have a great new year everyone! ✯◡✯≦

I appreciate you all! (゚ヮ゚) Hugz from Manila(゚ヮ゚)  

@asianographer.  You know after i thought about it that dance symbolize some kind of meaning. It's like the welcoming of three families that's starting a new. Putting all those old feelings behind and moving forward. He's the only one stuck in time.

I must admit Sg acting skills are superb look forward to see him in more dramas. 

@timsha,  You mention Richard Chambarlin the other night, Look what I found out for the new novel

oh gosh, I really didn't even think of following the next TV Novel since the past couple of ones have been duds. But the scriptwriter did "Thorn Birds" which I loved to bits. Other works from the scriptwriter include "Amore Mio" and "Father's House", "Air City" and "Models"

And the director has worked on many of the older TV Novels from 2003-2006, including being a co-director for one of my favorite TV Novels "You are a Star".

I guess we won't really know the direction of this drama till the child characters grow up, which will take some time episode-wise.

Guest bushiko9

Hi Family! Happy New Year!

Honestly, I tend to side with "kgreek" that the meeting between EH and SJ is more of a nostalgic old friends but not lovers kind of encounter. EH did get to spend 1 year with VP and I'm sure they've become a lot closer. I don't think they've become lovers though since there was no indication of such like a ring on EH's finger etc. Yeah, an ending which  fitted what most of us wanted. No one gets the girl or guy. It's perhaps a tribute too to the dead JT who was also totally devoted to EH since it would have been unfair to him if either fellow had ended up with EH.

The novel was really very unsatisfactory. I really have to watch the end at least. It didn't tie up many loose ends [will see the ending personally] and the kind of Western justice that we believed was due to SG didn't materialize. Although, in one of the rare episodes that I was able to watch on KBS World, I watched SJ pleading with VP to have SG committed to the justice system against the wishes of VP who was adamant about a more personal sort of "doing unto SG what SG had done undo to him [the VP]. The only benefit of SG's punishment of insanity was to highlight the acting ability of the actor. *sighs* I really would prefer a good plot that goes with a good actor. My first and probably last Korean TV novel. We'll see.....
;)) ;;):D

@bushiko9 if the ending scene will be one that is at JT graveside will be more meaningful. EH, SJ and VP praying their respect to JT. Now am at loose end as no more VP to look fwd to. Will just continue watching KBS world from 131 onward on Monday to have my fill of VP. He dominated the last part of this show leaving all other in the shadow. Will be busy with preparation for the coming Lunar New Year end of this month. how many of you celebrate this day as well on 31/1/2014.

@krgeek I agree with you for ending scene.... as I mentioned earlier should have been EH/VP by the grave,  and I left out blob of lard SJ cos I feel with his pathetic inability to bring SG's secret to halmoni could have prevented or cut short so many of SG's evilness and JT might have been alive ...... then I remembered EH scattering his ashes... oops :-/ my bad JT was never buried to have a grave ...will change that to a memorial tablet in the temple :\">

Guest ayselbora

Any suprise , I havnt great expectations  about the ending.  But I must say, the last dance of SG was sublime  like crane dance in HwangJini.  The winner of this drama is absolutly SG! And this dance was a felicity dance  which  means "GOT YOU ALL IDİOTS!"  I think his insanity is fake. The last  scene seems to mee like a patchwork in  whole  episode.In Incheon downtown  there is snow everywhere, but sunshine  by the sea and lighthous. A metaphore maybe? No need of courts of justice no need of  jails in Korea. İs the Korean people so generous and tolerant at all? I dont think so,  what I see in dramas, the people both female and male both simple or  prominent ones  are very arrogant and rude.The yelling, slap, hit and beat, hairpluck culture is well seen.  The innocent girl which dont knew her father and the pitiful  lonely woman got any affection nor forgiveness from this "generous" people.

@asianographer , I like your idea "Midas touch". This young actor absolutly  deserve it.

I'm an oldie I will watch the next Novel too. I did so much suffert in LOve, my love ( skip the last ten episodes ) and  been so  irritiert in SMH  so I can endure now all kind of absurdity.

@timsha, you are the angel of this thread. Thank you for all your work , I know  how hard and time capturend  the translation is. I 'm a translator too but  between another languages.

Goodbye and a happy, healty new year for everyone.

Guest bushiko9

@ayselbora.

Btw the King of Joeson in HWANGJINI [my absolutely favorite sageuk drama of all times] is portrayed by the actor [Park Chan-Hwan] of SG. And in episode 20 of Hwang Jini he shows those bulging eyes which he has when he's angry or plotting something evil against his perceived enemy or disobedient subject.
:)>- #:-S :-\"

P.S. I'm rewatching it on KBS World...
@-)

Guest atomickitty

Will there ever come a drama that doesn't try to shove forgiveness down my throat? I swear! I wish I could throw up all the episodes I've watched... yet again! I'm literally chocking on this ending. I don't mind so much that SG went crazy banana nut ballz... I don't mind so much that his wife and halmoni visited him while he was dancing to the star gods in his funny farm. What I do mind is LK and EH mom visiting him.. ummmm... why?? Just to make that forgiveness noise they always make? So disappointing as usual. It's a good thing I don't watch Korean dramas to see retribution or people paying LEGALLY for their crimes. I really want to know why jail is just not an option. They always either die, or lose their crazy a.ss minds.

Hi, @suchadiva42, long time no see as well. Trying to catch up now on the drama I missed. So much crazy!!

Archived