[Drama 2013] ♔ The Heirs/Inheritors ♔ ♕ 왕관을 쓰려는자, 그무게를 견뎌라-상속자들 ♕

Maja

Guest funtimes

hi all!  i've been following this forum quietly for some time now and now that the story is starting to pick up, i thought it'll be fun to finally engage in the excitement that most have for the drama.  i just started recently watching korean dramas and this is the first drama where i have to wait for the next episode.  lol.  it's also my first time joining in a discussion. 

Anyway.. i just wanted to put this out there since i haven't noticed anyone mention it, but doesn't it seem like KT stalked ES at her school (hence why she has her uniform from her other school on) meaning that she didn't transfer to the new school (the rich one) until after the semester has started.  i wonder if it's really her mom and KT's mom who play a role in the transfer or is it KT himself.  but then again, if it's really KT who did it, i doubt ES would take it without doing anything. 

As for YD tripping ES's incident, it seems like it happened at the school the day of the preview where she walks between the two boys because he's wearing his uniform and she's not.  the question would be is it before or after that incident.  i still can't buy that YD likes ES.  he might be intrigued by her, but their encounters have only been a few seconds or maybe a min for me to even think YD would have such an attraction to her.  maybe her tearing off Rachel's name badge will be the deepest impression he might have on her.  i dunno.  i guess only the next episode will reveal if YD is really into ES or if he just finds it fun to play with her.

I definitely buy that KT likes ES and ES is trying her best to not go any further with the guy.  she's realistic enough and i appreciate that about her.  I really enjoy their banter.  i wonder how aggressive KT will be towards her.  I mean he did go to her school and told her that he can't stop thinking about her.  but besides all the romantic aspects in this drama, i really want to see how KT and KW are going to mend their wounded hearts and come to accept one another. 

I'm still trying to figure out what the title really means: "The one who wears the crown, bears the crown" in respect to KT since he wrote it in his journal.  What kind of crown is it?  the crown of being known as the "illegitimate child"?  he doesn't want to fight for KW's position so i'm just intrigued at the underlying meaning of what the crown is. 

anyway, these are some of my random thoughts. 

Kim Ji Won as Rachel Yoo reminds me a bit of a younger version of Kim Tae Hee.  They can definitely pass as sisters.  Anyway, I am loving the drama and the plot line is starting to pickup in ep 5.  I am not a huge fan of Park Shin Hye but I really admire her acting in here.  She improved a lot.

Guest shmesmx3

Hey guys..I've been lurking on this thread for awhile but....
My family moved to Korea in August, and my little brother is now a 7th grader at an international school.He just emailed me today...HE SAW WOOBIN, HYUNGSIK, MINHO, AND KRYSTAL FILMING AT HIS SCHOOL. Sorry for the caps, but I am still flipping out several hours later. He doesn't even know that I watch this drama, but he's just like "I saw celebrities today!". So so jealous of him...I wonder if this means all of the school scenes will be filmed there? If so, he'll be seeing even more of them in the future...The school is Taejeon Christian International School

1850981-EY8GNHF.jpg
credit as tagged

Hello all,
I just want to share with everyone my observation on my favourite emotional-filled scene from episode 3 - The Almond orchard.

I don't know if anyone had noticed; it isn't distinct and lasted very long, it happened like milliseconds on-screen twice if you watch it on HD. I thought I was being delusional but then @awesomeduck said she saw it too. @prosperity get ready for my spazz :))

When both brothers were at the orchard and Tan spoke, he was nervous (sounds nervous too) and I saw him shaking. For that milliseconds, I saw his shoulder and lips/chin shook at least twice. Please tell me I am not the only one who saw this?

This is real, right?

Okay, at this moment, I am just going to take it as real because I have repeatedly watched this scene and saw it again and again although it was too difficult to pin-point the exact time. And I am sure that it is real because I have seen Lee Min Ho does it in Faith ep4. However, that was under different circumstances, in there - he was repressing anger so much that he was shaking (and in tears).

I'm just excited and very impressed. This is one reason why I admire Lee Min Ho; not because he is good-looking (ok yes, this is definitely A+ bonus) but because he is that great of an actor. He is that great that he can channel the emotion so well and present it so real on-screen. That orchard scene, I feel his anticipation / excitement to see his favourite person in the world again. I feel his disappointment and heart break. I feel his angst. I feel his nervousness through his voice & facial expression. I feel his desire to earn his brother's love and approval and I feel his hope that his brother would be happy to see him. I felt heaps from just one scene.

So here I am... spazzing about feeling THE FEELS. Lee Min Ho is indeed daebak and that God of Chemistry title wasn't given to him wrongly. The man own the title fair and square. He has got chemical reactions reacting in his body (DUH!) :)) The man doesn't need an opponent to portray emotions, he IS emotion. Ahem.

*** End of Spazzing ***

P.S. I also jelly of him being able to go zoom zoom with that Maserati. My heart aches for the car when he drove it up the rock. Eek! =((

Guest goodjobbear

honeywell said: Young Do is definitely the Chuck Bass character in Heirs.  He's rich, owns a dog, has mommy abandonment issues and detest his father.   I think ES intrigues YD because he sees his mother in ES.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/5903b4617dbc2a92d6a8b3f216c4fd0b/tumblr_muy2vjDlpA1scm9d0o2_1280.jpg

Ooh. So we will see Young Do with his dog. Is he really going to set the dog after the women his daddy dates? *anticipate*
He's interesting because we see his menacing side, joking side, angry side, vulnerable side etc... he's more expressive and straight forward with his emotions than Tan Tan at the moment.

Enonane1 . said: I'm new to posting on here but have followed the postings with interest.I noticed in earlier postings that ES was criticized for being ashamed of using sign language in public. I am now hearing impaired and have fought with these feelings when using sign language in public. Most people might notice it and think little of it but there are a lot of people who mock/make fun of those using sign language. And it draws attention which is why many using sign language are very reluctant to become objects of interest in public. It is hard to define the exact emotion that goes with the sudden "interest" others show to those engaged in using sign language. It is an ongoing battle with me to get use to it. So in that context I quite understand her reluctance to have her "faults" (her mothers or her family's) suddenly be on public display. Age is important in being embarrassed in public whether or not we think the people involved should or shouldn't be.Another thing that bothered me and it is no fault of those posting about it - just a reluctance on my part. Having a step-brother/sister introduced in the late teens can be a real kick in the stomach. It can start out with resentment - toward the parents and toward the step-sibling. The chemistry often attributed to feelings of a couple are quite disturbing for those involved. Meaning when others see it that way and the step-siblings are reacting to resentment at being put in such a predicament. Those feelings may (but not always) be replaced with acceptance and later the real feelings of brotherly/sisterly love. But it is rather uncomfortable having anyone just assume that the bickering that starts with that relationship is of a different nature than that as siblings.And the last thing......I wonder if I am watching the same show as others on here sometimes. I think Shin Hye is doing a marvelous job. Of course she has growing to do in her field of acting but so do all the other actors. They are still young.  But I think of all the actors and actresses I can think of and this includes American and European actors/actresses - no one can compare to Min Ho and Shin Hye when it comes to talking with their eyes. These 2 are at the top of the pinnacle. Shin Hye is portraying her character exactly as I (my opinion) assume the writer intended. I noticed someone said it is the same emotions/expressions as SWTH. I don't think it is. I don't see or feel the same character in Heirs. She has certainly claimed the character as her own. There seems to be a lot of criticism toward Shin Hye.....not sure if it is because when one does it others follow or if it is a bit of resentment that she is acting across from their favorites. But I respect everyone's opinion as I hope everyone will respect mine. I am so addicted to this drama and even though many think it is dragging or too slow - why does each episode fly by so fast????

sia3 said:
credit as tagged

Hello all,
I just want to share with everyone my observation on my favourite emotional-filled scene from episode 3 - The Almond orchard.

I don't know if anyone had noticed; it isn't distinct and lasted very long, it happened like milliseconds on-screen twice if you watch it on HD. I thought I was being delusional but then @awesomeduck said she saw it too. @prosperity get ready for my spazz :))

When both brothers were at the orchard and Tan spoke, he was nervous (sounds nervous too) and I saw him shaking. For that milliseconds, I saw his shoulder and lips/chin shook at least twice. Please tell me I am not the only one who saw this?

This is real, right?

Okay, at this moment, I am just going to take it as real because I have repeatedly watched this scene and saw it again and again although it was too difficult to pin-point the exact time. And I am sure that it is real because I have seen Lee Min Ho does it in Faith ep4. However, that was under different circumstances, in there - he was repressing anger so much that he was shaking (and in tears).

I'm just excited and very impressed. This is one reason why I admire Lee Min Ho; not because he is good-looking (ok yes, this is definitely A+ bonus) but because he is that great of an actor. He is that great that he can channel the emotion so well and present it so real on-screen. That orchard scene, I feel his anticipation / excitement to see his favourite person in the world again. I feel his disappointment and heart break. I feel his angst. I feel his nervousness through his voice & facial expression. I feel his desire to earn his brother's love and approval and I feel his hope that his brother would be happy to see him. I felt heaps from just one scene.

So here I am... spazzing about feeling THE FEELS. Lee Min Ho is indeed daebak and that God of Chemistry title wasn't given to him wrongly. The man own the title fair and square. He has got chemical reactions reacting in his body (DUH!) :)) The man doesn't need an opponent to portray emotions, he IS emotion. Ahem.

*** End of Spazzing ***

P.S. I also jelly of him being able to go zoom zoom with that Maserati. My heart aches for the car when he drove it up the rock. Eek! =((

Guest jjsweeter0211

A bit late~It was Kim Ji Won's birthday yesterday :x (19/10/1992-19/10/2013)

jiwon-kim_1417505543963946399.jpg?type=w

Baby Ji Won is so cute :x

jiwon-kim_2098434467311336976.jpg?type=w

tumblr_mbhgyyVe2U1qheaffo2_500.gif
tumblr_m8tfm5dvCf1qdwt1go1_250.giftumblr_m8tfm5dvCf1qdwt1go2_250.giftumblr_m8tfm5dvCf1qdwt1go5_r2_250.giftumblr_m8tfm5dvCf1qdwt1go6_r1_250.gif
tumblr_m8tfm5dvCf1qdwt1go8_r2_250.giftumblr_m8tfm5dvCf1qdwt1go10_r1_250.giftumblr_m3fpnitG2D1r04gsxo5_250.giftumblr_m3fpnitG2D1r04gsxo6_250.giftumblr_lt25hdmwrN1qcn440o3_500.giftumblr_lum8s1Qzle1qanzq4o11_r1_250.giftumblr_lum8s1Qzle1qanzq4o3_250.gif
tumblr_lxgmz8vRIx1r3bmz6o1_r2_250.giftumblr_lxgmz8vRIx1r3bmz6o2_250.giftumblr_lxgmz8vRIx1r3bmz6o3_250.giftumblr_lxgmz8vRIx1r3bmz6o4_r1_250.giftumblr_lwd57uVLXV1qal0zgo3_250.giftumblr_lwd57uVLXV1qal0zgo4_250.giftumblr_lw0b9qvYm91qal0zgo5_250.giftumblr_lw0b9qvYm91qal0zgo6_250.gifWondering if she celebrated her birthday with her family or with the cast ^^
tumblr_mszncl4ABL1scm9d0o3_500.giftumblr_mszncl4ABL1scm9d0o2_500.gif
tumblr_mrbkf9RWNG1scm9d0o7_1280.jpg

"I plan on doing everything to the fullest with an open mind because it doesn't matter if I act or sing, this job allows a person to meet new people. I think it is best to show what you have. 
I want live my life as a giver. I wanted to set up a social welfare foundation but the more I look into it, the more I'm coming to realize it costs a lot of money! Back then it was only a dream but now I'm trying to think of ways to make it a reality."

Happy birthday! :x

cr pics to owner

@Enonane 1:thanks for the insight into a person with impaired hearing. It does explain ES's behaviour and responses with regards to her mother.
Age or rather maturity and strength of mind does come into play as far as ES's feeling of embarrassment is considered. For the same reasons, ES can even be considered protective towards her mother. This is what I love about ES that she has her strengths, weaknesses and flaws just like any normal human being. In fact, it holds true for all the other characters too. This is one of the many reasons why I find this drama very absorbing.

You are spot on as regards to YD and Rachel's relationship. We cannot predict what sort of relationship will be between them down the road. KES has created multidimensional characters with their lives affected greatly by their pasts.......... something we know very little about. This is the beauty of this drama penned in such a way that nothing can be predicted with surety about the direction that will be taken by any of the innumerable relationships that we have seen until now. With so many characters with issues, I am curious to see how they will change for better or worse through interactions with each other. Meanwhile, we can just anticipate what KES has in store for us.

I maybe biased but I do feel that Shinhye's acting is superb here. One cannot miss even the most subtle of changes in her eyes and expressions. She has shown an endless range in these 4 episodes. It is also accompanied by variations in tone as she delivers her dialogues with perfect timing. This is why she has been able to bring alive ES character as far as I am concerned.

It is a well known fact that the bar of acting rises dramatically in any scene involving good actors because they feed on each other's performance/act. LMH and ES have done it well here because of just this reason. In fact all the cast has done wonderfully well. In FBND, YSY said about working with Shinhye that, ".....she makes it easy to focus and get into character.....thus making acting more natural........she is a free spirit in front of the camera"

I am enjoying the drama because of being totally invested in the unpredictability of the story and future development of these characters