[Drama 2013] ♔ The Heirs/Inheritors ♔ ♕ 왕관을 쓰려는자, 그무게를 견뎌라-상속자들 ♕

Maja

merumeru78 said: Hi guys... I am a bit confused here... So, who is the second female lead? It looks as it is Krystal, because of the posters and stuff, but her character doesn't seem to matter as much as Kim Ji Won's, and she is all lovey-dovey with Minhyuk's character when the story begins (I ship them soooo hard!). So really, is there a second female lead?

Trailer translation from http://koreandramareviews.com/

(Cut post)

Kim Tan (Lee Min Ho) lives a carefree life in the United States as the profligate son of a ridiculously rich and powerful family. On Kim Won’s (Choi Jin Hyuk), his older half-brother’s advice, he chooses to live without a serious thought–eat, drink, and be merry is his adopted life motto–much to the dismay of his mother. Kim Tan knows that instead of being sent to study abroad, he’s actually been exiled to the United States, leaving the room clear for his half-brother to assume control of the family business and fortune.

Cha Eun Sang (Park Shin Hye) works part-time job after part-time job in order to help her mother support her older sister’s college education in the United States. When she learns that her sister is getting married and doesn’t plan to return, she temporarily abandons her hard-working mother to go seek her sister out and to find out exactly what her sister’s plans are since she and her mother had pinned their hopes on the sister returning from her study abroad to help them live a better life in Korea. Once in the United States, though, Eun Sang learns that everything has been a lie. Her sister isn’t getting married nor is she in college. The reality is that she’s shacking up with a no-good man and is waiting tables. Instead of welcoming her younger sister, the sister merely opens Eun Sang’s luggage on the sidewalks of Venice Beach and takes the hard-earned money she had requested from Korea, leaving her younger sister stranded, crying for her older sister, and observed by Kim Tan, who is oddly moved by this scenario between the sisters so very much like his own with his half-brother.

@6:20 – As Eun Sang hurriedly tries to get to a safer neighborhood after realizing that she can’t wait indefinitely for her sister in such a dangerous neighborhood, Tan drives up in his candy-apple-red convertible and asks if she wants to stay at his place.

She wakes up the next morning and views Tan’s place for the first time in broad daylight while he, unnoticed, watches her from his balcony and is taken with her. In voice over, Eun Sang offers Tan a dreamcatcher in payment for her one-night stay at his place, ensuring him that it’ll bring him only good dreams.

As she enters the house and sees him about to leave–for school as a college student, not as a drug dealer as she first assumed–she gets ready to leave. Tan, however, tells her to stay until he gets back from school.

She does but runs into Rachel Yoo (Kim Ji Won) before Tan returns. When she tries to explain that she’s only here by accident, Rachel, who claims to be Tan’s fiance, snatches Tan’s keys from Eun Sang’s hand and tips her luggage down the winding staircase. The end result? Eun Sang’s luggage cracks, and Rachel merely replies that the tipping over of her luggage was “an accident” in much the same way that Eun Sang’s stay at Tan’s place is.

@8:50 – Eun Sang tells Rachel that she’s going to hold onto her temper in consideration for Tan’s kindness in letting her stay there a night. Rachel says, “Good. And take this trash with you” indicating Eun Sang’s clothes that have spilled out of the now-cracked luggage.

Meanwhile, Lee Bo Na (Krystal) pines over her boyfriend Yoon Chan Young (Kang Min Hyuk) while Choi Young Do (Kim Woo Bin) teases her about how he finds her irresistibly beautiful. Bo Na calls Chan Young, who promises to see her soon. As soon as he gets off the phone with her, though, he receives a phone call from Eun Sang, who texts him that she’s encountered a problem on her trip. He and she are apparently somehow friends.

Tan, likewise, receives a phone call from an employee, telling him that he’s been invited to a function at the vineyard in the US. When Tan asks if his brother approves of his attendance there, the employee suggests asking his brother in person if he’s so curious.

@10:00 – Eun Sang thanks Tan for his hospitality and tries to leave. Tan, however, isn’t ready to let her walk out of his life and takes her luggage. He then drives her to the vineyard where his half-brother will be meeting with the owners/family of the vineyard.

@10:22 – Kim Won is none too pleased to see his younger half-brother show up at a business function. He asks Tan if he couldn’t tell that this is not an appropriate place for him to come. Tan tells him that it’s been 3 years, and he just wanted to see his older brother. In those three years, he’s grown quite a bit. Won coldly asks if that’s it. Tan just needs to stay in the US. Even coming to see him at this vineyard goes beyond what Tan should have done. He should leave now that he’s seen him, and Won leaves Tan without another word.

In much the same way that Tan observed Eun Sang’s sad “reunion” with her older sister, Eun Sang observes Won’s cold rejection of Tan, his hurt resonating through her. And as if to underscore the moment, the sprinklers go off at that moment, surrounding both Tan and Eun Sang.

Dialogue Translation from 11:39:

Eun Sang: Are you all right?

Tan: I’m not all right.

Eun Sang: Your clothes are going to get all wet.

Tan: Why did you eavesdrop?

Eun Sang: In case you were in danger, I was going to count 1-2-3, take your hand, and run away with you. (in reference to an earlier scene between them)

Tan: Then why didn’t you run?…What you saw was dangerous. (He walks away, leaving Eun Sang speechless and not knowing what to do.)

Tan: (with Eun Sang in a darkened movie theater and referring to himself): He met a woman yesterday. Her name is Cha Eun Sang.

Eun Sang: How did you know my name?

Tan: He’s developed a curiosity about Cha Eun Sang. (turning to her) By any chance, do I like you?

Camera cuts to Tan’s return to Korea.

Tan: (to Bo Na) It’s been a while. Even if you don’t look at me like that, there’s no one here who doesn’t know that we were engaged. (to Chan Young) You, the current boyfriend to my ex-girlfriend, what are you?

Bo Na says something insulting and a fellow classmate observes the scene from above, “Things should get interesting.”

Tan: (Young Do approaches Tan) I missed you…friend.

Young Do: (just as intently with double meaning) Welcome back.

Into this scene walks our unsuspecting Eun Sang, effectively caught between the two men, and the introduction freezes on this scene, clearly setting the foundation for a love-triangle and a compelling story of difficult family relationships, friendships, etc.

Read full post at

http://koreandramareviews.com/news-heirs-press-conference-and-introduction-video-clips-and-translation/

Guest jjsweeter0211

class="content-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; font: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; visibility: visible; "“The Heirs” Writer Reveals Her Reason for Casting Kim Woo Bin
jnkm October 7, 2013
“The Heirs” Writer Reveals Her Reason for Casting Kim Woo Bin

Kim Eun Sook, the writer for the upcoming drama “The Heirs,” revealed her reason for casting the popular model-turned-actor, Kim Woo Bin.

On October 7, the press conference for the upcoming SBS drama, “The Heirs” was held in Seoul’s Gangnam district. The cast members including Kim Woo Bin, Lee Min Ho, Park Shin Hye, Kang Min Hyuk, Krystal, Park Hyung Shik, Kim Ji Won, Kang Ha Neul, Jeon Soo Jin and the drama staff were present.

Main writer Kim Eun Sook commented, “There are definitely actors that I were cast with personal preference. In Kim Woo Bin’s case, I worked with him during ‘Gentleman’s Dignity’ and I realized he is a very good actor. So I wanted to work with him again.”

Last year, Kim Woo Bin played the role of Kim Dong Hyub on “Gentleman’s Dignity” and received a lot of love.

Kim Eun Sook continued, “We were also talking about teen trends and that led us to cast Kim Woo Bin. His drama right before was one where he wore a uniform so there were a few concerns. But I recommended him to the director and we came to a decision.”

Kim Eun Sook also revealed that Choi Won Young was the first to be cast for “The Heirs.”

Meanwhile, “The Heirs” is a romantic comedy that revolves around the lives of the wealthy youth. The pilot airs on October 9.

http://www.soompi.com/2013/10/07/the-heirs-writer-reveals-her-reason-for-casting-kim-woo-bin/