[Drama 2013] ♔ The Heirs/Inheritors ♔ ♕ 왕관을 쓰려는자, 그무게를 견뎌라-상속자들 ♕

Maja

thunderempress said: hell59 said: For the Koreans out there, could you explain to me why do the actors try so much to hide who they are dating? Dating is a fact of life, LMH was dating the leading actress of "City Hunter" and they came public with that. But after that you hear nothing about him. I kind of understand PSH, because she has the pure image of the naive girl next door, but she is 23 and she does not or will not date? Why would LMH and PSH not want rumors about them dating? That would be just natural since they had to act with each other for 4 months. Why would this hurt their careers? But of course, they are probably just friends from making this drama together. But I am just curious, because it seems like it is a big deal to hide their personal lives from the public in S. Korea.

mcdc said: Love is the Moment...the day, the moment you came.  Close your eyes, close your ears, I feel the Love.
That Heirs theme song just described this Kdrama in a nutshell.   Corporate takeover?  Family discord?  Skeletons in the closet?  All of that took a distant second to the loving relationship between Kim Tan & Eun Sung.  I mentioned a while back that I have patience.  That I enjoyed the story line because it showcased the love, conflict and misunderstandings that miss-communication can cause.  But I have to admit that even I was getting a bit annoyed with the episodes where Kim Tan totally lost control and was unable to function until Eun Sung made the decision to return.  I wanted him to make the decision to do something about his future BEFORE reconciling with Eun Sung.  To me, that would have been a major turning point in his life that was instead lost by her returning too soon.  A more mature Kim Tan would have thrown off the balance with the other students and I don't think Heirs wanted to stray from the high school atmosphere.
Watching the last episode brought all the initial feelings flooding back as to why I enjoyed the Heirs.  The flashback scenes reminded me that this drama is not loved because of a spellbinding plot line.  It is loved and will be remembered because of the numerous and unforgettable snippets of two teenagers falling in love and being IN love.  We could skip all the scenes about the boardroom and just concentrate on the sweet moments KES wrote for our OTP.  LMH did a fantastic job portraying a boy mesmerized by love, almost to the point of an obsession.  PSH was equally adept at showing the conflict her character needed to resolve between what she wanted vs what she felt was her reality.
In the end Love Is  the Moment.  The moment they decided to stay together because being apart was not an option. Love is really the central theme and plot of Heirs and if I think of it that way I don't have any regrets that this drama had very little story progression.  We stayed squarely in the present with the future neatly capsulized in wishful thinking.   After all.....what do you remember about a favorite Kdrama that may make you return to it year after year?  For me, its the moments of love, caring and devotion that the OTP develop and nurture.  That's why I'll remember The Heirs fondly and revisit it many more times in the future. 
Love Is the Moment.....Now I know why that song keeps playing in my head....lol.

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 24px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis; font-family: arial, sans-serif;"Heirs Ep 19 [Eng Sub] Tan Springs a Romantic Surpise on Eun sang

credit: DramaFever

I love this scene. One of my favorite, it's so  LMH and PSH.. :x 
Shin Hye called him Oppa when he locked the door. :))

thunderempress said: hell59 said: For the Koreans out there, could you explain to me why do the actors try so much to hide who they are dating? Dating is a fact of life, LMH was dating the leading actress of "City Hunter" and they came public with that. But after that you hear nothing about him. I kind of understand PSH, because she has the pure image of the naive girl next door, but she is 23 and she does not or will not date? Why would LMH and PSH not want rumors about them dating? That would be just natural since they had to act with each other for 4 months. Why would this hurt their careers? But of course, they are probably just friends from making this drama together. But I am just curious, because it seems like it is a big deal to hide their personal lives from the public in S. Korea.

I've just re-watched the first 2 episodes, not finished yet, but gosh, I can't believe that my heart beat hard every time I saw this couple on the screen.I had to pause and came here to calm me down. Weird, isn't it? I thought I would be less emotional watching them again because I know how the story goes already.

Guest kaleidoscopegirl

I guess I am not alone doing Heirs marathon :D Glad to see new BTS at wrap up party, thank you for posting it, although still no selca of the two or video of that now infamous hug they shared? I wonder why :-? @akane_tran maybe you can join us at MinShin thread :)

maruja87 said: thunderempress said: hell59 said: For the Koreans out there, could you explain to me why do the actors try so much to hide who they are dating? Dating is a fact of life, LMH was dating the leading actress of "City Hunter" and they came public with that. But after that you hear nothing about him. I kind of understand PSH, because she has the pure image of the naive girl next door, but she is 23 and she does not or will not date? Why would LMH and PSH not want rumors about them dating? That would be just natural since they had to act with each other for 4 months. Why would this hurt their careers? But of course, they are probably just friends from making this drama together. But I am just curious, because it seems like it is a big deal to hide their personal lives from the public in S. Korea.