[Drama 2013] ♔ The Heirs/Inheritors ♔ ♕ 왕관을 쓰려는자, 그무게를 견뎌라-상속자들 ♕

Maja

Guest jjsweeter0211

Krystal to star in "The Heirs"

Source | 2013/07/07 |

photo325410.jpg

f(x) member Krystal is now a plutocrat.

She is starring in the SBS drama "Those Who Want the Crown, Withstand the Weight of it - The Heirs" as the audacious daughter of a rich man.

This is her first come back since the MBC sitcom "High Kick 3, The Short Legs Counterattack" a year ago. She's been offered several roles after that but she's been focusing on Fx activities. This time, the character seemed very likely to emphasize her appeal.

Apparently, she pulled of the role of a cheerful high school student well before and was cast enthusiastically by producer Kang Sin-hyo.

"Those Who Want the Crown, Withstand the Weight of it - The Heirs" is written by Kim Eun-sookand the cast includes Lee Min-hoPark Sin-hye and now Krystal.

photo325409.jpg

Source : sports.hankooki.com/l... ( English )

Guest jjsweeter0211

DRAMA CASTING & NEWS
Krystal joins the cast of Heirs

by girlfriday | July 7, 2013 | 

Krystal1.jpg

We’ve got another casting addition to the trendy high school rom-com Heirs (He Who Wears the Crown, Endure Its Weight: Heirs) — f(x) idol Krystal has confirmed that she’s joining the cast, alongside Lee Min-ho, Park Shin-hye, Kim Woo-bin, and Choi Jin-hyuk.

The buzz project from writer Kim Eun-sook of Secret Garden and A Gentleman’s Dignitypromises a glossy Gossip Girl-esque world of uber-rich high schoolers, and tells the story of their friendships and loves. So far there’s little else to describe the story, but I half expect that to BE the entire story, ’cause I sat through all of A Gentleman’s Dignity.

Krystal will be joining the set of upper crust high school students as a chaebol heiress. Her character is described as a girl who wants for nothing in the world, and is haughty and chic. Sounds like pretty standard second lead territory, but I hope there’s going to be more dimension there for her sake.

Krystal was last in the family sitcom High Kick 3: Counterattack of the Short Legs, and though I never loved her (perhaps because she was playing a pretty simple one-note character for most of the show’s run), I found her serviceable as the bratty younger sister. I don’t see a huge difference for her Heirs character, except maybe having the money to back the ‘tude, but she can be likable when she’s dialed down. I remember warming to some of her quieter moments in High Kick, though they were few.

Heirs is being planned for 20 episodes, as a Wednesday-Thursday drama set to premiere in early October on SBS.

Via TV Report

http://www.dramabeans.com/2013/07/krystal-joins-the-cast-of-heirs/

Guest guadi

Muhahahahahahahahahaha....I think I found the inspirational work behind that unofficial/rumored character chart.

Seoul_Subway_Map.jpg
From Seoul Subway map, hehehehehehe 
#-o Slightly less complicated of course, jk :)

P.S. Though Koala didn't mention it, the character chart is not an official release by the show producer. It's been circulating around DC since last month. It may or may not be true (but I'm leaning toward some of it being true). Don't hit that panic button yet :-bd And wow, Kim Tan has such a complicated love life for an 18 year old :)

Guest Anomalous

@guadi   Haha, the Seoul subway is less complicated indeed. :))  How is Kim Tan an official heir if he's just a son of a mistress?

I don't know how I feel about Krystal playing WooBin's girlfriend. I feel like she's trespassing on my turf, i.e. my man. I really do want to watch this, but it's a bit awkward to have actors who are, in some cases, more than half a decade older than their characters. I really shouldn't complain though since Gossip Girl had actors that were older. In any case, I hope for the best from this drama! I really like Park Shin Hye and Kim Woo Bin! :-D

Guest guadi

Anomalous

said: @guadi   Haha, the Seoul subway is less complicated indeed.

:)

)  How is Kim Tan an official heir if he's just a son of a mistress?

Guest Anomalous

@guadi   You sure love your 'bad boy'.  ;))  I actually like his recent haircut, I hope he will keep it for his character (KT). :x  And no, I really don't want to see Kim Tan and Kim Won being rivals, I want my bromance. :((  I want Bromance!!!  ;;)

wow finally some news!!! oh yeah this is so BOF lol not exactly but yeah the whole rich man poor girl theme is all so cliche. Typical characters . But I do see a bit gossip girl since there's a bit of love triangle drama . KWB character is dating who maybe Krystal's character ( Lee Boo Na) who is Kim Tan's ( LMH) ex . Whoa aish lol at least I don't see any rivalry among my two biases :) CJH and LMH yay!!! bromance bromance!!!

alot of love drama or sure among their parents . Like LMH character mom was a the mistress of his dad . Birth secret maybe :-? oh dear

Guest guadi

I don't usually pay attention to Korean names, but for this one I'm curious why Lee Min-ho's and Choi Jin-hyuk's names have two syllables, while other characters have three. Anyone well-versed in Korean names care to explain this to me? :) 
Last name Kim is fairly common and I get that. But their given names "Tan" and "Won" are not dollimja names, right? Because these two characters don't share a common generation name attached to the last syllable of "Tan" or "Won." So now I'm really curious why KES uses two syllable-names for LMH and CJH :-? And what about dad, wonder what his name will be? I somehow think the naming of LMH and CJH might in part have something to do with the title of the show :-?? Hmmm...maybe it's not all fluffy like we tend to think after all :)
From Koala's translation of LMH's and PSH's descriptions, it seems they "like each other." Meaning - liking each other from the start of the show or typical falling in love mid-show? I wouldn't mind seeing them all being lovey-dovey toward each other right from the beginning 8-> For me at least, that would somewhat make up for PSH's character being poor (I'm still not over that class description) :(( :(( :((
Edit: Don't you think "KT" sounds better than "Kim Tan", lol? 

Edit 2: Assuming the names on the relationship chart are 100% accurate, PSH's character and her sister share a dollimja "Eun" for their given names, right? And "Sang" and "Seong" being their "true" names. But traditionally, a generation name is given to males of the family...Maybe things change in modern time, I don't know. Somehow this reinforces my thought that KES is playing with the names. Now, I want to tweet KES this naming question :)
Edit 3: Ohmygawd! hahahahahaha according to Blue - a one syllable given name might not have any special meaning. Just given to make it sound cooler.
...and that's not all I found, apparently the Min-ho in Lee Min-ho means "using your smart to shine brightly" @-) 

Excerpt from Blue and Bella:

Let’s take a look at some examples.

min.jpgYou may recognize the man on the left as actor Lee Min Ho (City HunterPersonal Taste). Ignoring his family name, his given name is composed of two syllables – Min and Ho. His parents combined the Chinese characters “敏” (pronounced as “Min” and meaning “clever” or “nimble”) and “鎬” (pronounced as “Ho” and meaning “shine brightly”) to come up with a name that means “using your smarts to shine brightly.”

On the right is Lee Min Woo, the member of the popular boyband Shinhwa. His given name is composed of two syllables – Min and Woo. His parents combined the Chinese characters “珉” (pronounced as “Min” and meaning “jade”) and “雨” (pronounced as “Woo” and meaning “rain”) to come up with a name that means a “rainfall of jade.”

Notice that the two stars both have “Min” in their names, but they use two different Chinese characters to represent “Min.” Written in Korean, there is no difference (it is “민” in both instances) and you would not be able to know which Chinese characters they are using in their names until they write out their own names using Hanja. 

@laquetahodge

LOL major brain fart duh !!

I wasn't paying attention

the more I read the character description the more I get mad why?! well why does PSH have to play a poor girl why can't she be an heiress !! I feel like they're not giving her enough credit !! idk maybe cuz I read poor girl I figure GJD from BOF and Gil Ra Im from secret garden . I just wish she is more like independent and a self made woman, Not so let's give her a pity party every 5 seconds lol .... the poor girls that I've seen in kdrama land come off as masochist to me... cuz they're poor or have struggle so much in life it's okay to be stepped on and no !!! I don't want that ... I have height hopes that PSH character will be different .

Guest yoonhacci

When first time I read the synopsis it's more remind me to goong s than bof. And if shin hye play as heirss it's really look like goong s.. the dffrnt is shin hye hv no one side love.