SM AUDITION - Atlanta

binyboo_02

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ShilVHwAiixP

Alright, so here's my experience full-out.

I thought we were pretty much going to go to the audition at the time we were given, but I'm so glad I left to go early. My audition time was at 8:00, but we arrived there around 5:30, filled out a whole bunch of paperwork and waited a good freakin' long time before we got in (like around 8:45-ish).

Anyway, I was in the group 111-120 (I was #114, my boyfriend was #113 and my friend was #115).

Right when we walked in, there was a line of blue tape for a whole bunch of people. They just made us go in 10 at a time and seriously, everyone was nervous as hell.

The two judges told us to just pick the talent we were best at and showcase I'm guessing because they didn't have enough time. There were still about 70 people after me waiting. -_-;x

So all the singers, models and actors went first and then my boyfriend was the first to dance. Really though, the judges were in such a rush and they cut his music off like, right before he got to the best part. --;

I was next to dance and then my friend. There was another dancer in our group but the judges cut all three of us off. I think I did alright, my boyfriend said the judges seemed to like me because they let my music run longer (for about 1 min. and 17 seconds) while his and Jess's (my friend) only lasted for about 50 seconds.

They also ask you to look at the camera if possible, which is fine with me because I can't look at people when I'm dancing -- I tend to look directly over their heads anyway (which is where the camera was).

Anyway, they didn't tell us to do the freestyling or the rhythm test -- I think they were running out of time and they were impatient.

Jess pretty much thought it was a waste of her time because we spent a good three hours practicing beforehand and stressing over a lot of stuff in the second half -- which we obviously didn't need to do since they didn't even let us finish.

Luke (my boyfriend) thought he did okay .. he kind of just hopes that they liked whatever he did in the first half. I'm kind of happy that they stopped me where they did because I started drawing a blank then.

I saw a couple of people I knew -- some people I weren't expecting to be there. I didn't get to meet any soompiers though, but I did speak to a couple people in my group.

Ah well, they said they'll notify us in a month -- so I guess I'll take it as a no. XD

.. And I didn't even get a poster either. :(

haha here is my story... hehe

got dere at 5:30 ... walk around... n finally decided to get da appilcation... wait n line for like 2 hrs. or 1hr.. n dan go to da room.. im # 139 ( i wear white capris , black shirt n a black boot..) i saw BoaTwin.. VV n kare.t ... kare.t she was sitting in front of me... n dan some how i decided to leave... bc i was soo HUNGRY since i didnt eat anything after skool... soo... i left n go eat PAPA JOHN... ahah

ShilVHwAiixP - hey dont u guyz sit at da back row.. of da waiting room??? ur bf wear a black long sleeve shirt or soemthing???

Omg. i screwed. but i wasnt going to make it in the first place so w.e... im come back later and put up my story. but i was #53 anyone see me?

btw, aiish who was number 56..(ishy)? i dunno your name but they asked you how you got to know about this and you said "soompi" so i was like "whatttt" yeah. just shout a hi if you see this~

editt

I went at 5 and there they hadnt started yet so i was like okk. but ADVICE: if you dont know where to go, ASK. cause if your shy and stand back, your gonna have to wait...LONGER.

well EVERYONE had to write the two applications, and it didnt matter if your had already signed up or not.

after a 2hour wait, we finally went into the room to audition.

there was blue tape you had to stand on like l---l---l---l and you were really close to each other. they went down the numbers and did what everyones saying they did. then my turn. i screwed. badly. and cracked. ..i think they laughed at me too;;,... i think LovexPoison explained everything good. so heres my advice.. take it if you want.

--DANCERS- they dont give you your cd back, so if you want it. ASK. cause my friend had the original cd and she was pissed cause she forgot. and they cut you off after like a coupld seconds so make sure your start is really strong.

--EVERYONE: when they ask your something, DONT BE SHY and just laugh or what not. be clear and answer in a strong voice, show them your confident! and you might not be able to practice at all. so good luck on that.

--FREESTYLING- just do whatever. but do something to CATCH the judges eyes. there were lots of guys at the end(not my side) of my group and i dont know what they did but one fell down or something and the judges eyes were on them the WHOLE time.

--dont go in with alot of pretty/good people. xPP go sit next to people that you think..will erhmm not have practiced much..?(wow i sound mean) but i sat (on accident) this girl that was ALREADY casted my sm in korea. and they told her to lose weight and come back, so yeah.. needless to say. the judges were looking at her.

Guest LovexPoison

haha here is my story... hehe

got dere at 5:30 ... walk around... n finally decided to get da appilcation... wait n line for like 2 hrs. or 1hr.. n dan go to da room.. im # 139 ( i wear white capris , black shirt n a black boot..) i saw BoaTwin.. VV n kare.t ... kare.t she was sitting in front of me... n dan some how i decided to leave... bc i was soo HUNGRY since i didnt eat anything after skool... soo... i left n go eat PAPA JOHN... ahah

Hey girl! You are such a sweetheart and I'm glad I met you!

ygbigbang~ Heyy <3 Don't be so nice... you're lucky you got posters.

I am so dumb... I didn't even get any posters... T_T

Okay.. here's my experience...

I got there at like 2:30 (Ok... talk about a six hour drive... omg =_=) and there was just this one girl there too. This lady came out and started speaking Korean to me and I was like O_O I don't speak Korean?! Then, she asked what I was doing there or something because nobody was there yet and the audition wasn't until 5. My email told me to come to the place at 3, so it was kind of frustrating, but when I came back, there it was just beginning to get slightly crowded.

Well, the people who first arrived all sat in the hallway for a bit, and then they moved us into this bigger waiting room. It was really awesome seeing the little CD thing they had at first, but by the 3rd time it was showing, I was getting really tired. Finally, they gave us the two registration forms to fill out and then we got our numbers. I was #15 (the 2nd group). When we got called up, we had to sit and wait for the 1st group to finish and you could hear people singing in the audition room when it got quiet.

I was really intimidated because I heard a girl sing the same song that I was singing and she was good, so I decided to change the song I was singing at the last minute. When we got called in (10 of us), we had to stand on the blue tape and the woman explained that we should state our name, number, what we were doing, and begin.

There was one woman judge who was speaking English for us, one woman judge who seemed to only know Korean, one camera person, and a man with a digital camera.

It was really sad for my group because the judges seemed so uninterested in anyone except for this one girl. She was tall (5'10), thin, and pretty and she auditioned for modeling. The judge who spoke English then asked her if she would sing a song, and the girl seemed apprehensive at first, but she did. She was really good, and they seemed super interested in her. For the rest of the people (who like.. 8/10 were auditioning for singing), they would just say like "okay, thank you" when they were done. When I sang, I ended too abruptly and they kind of giggled at me. :(

Okay.... so that's my presonal experience. And from that, I would have to give these tips.

Everyone - Introduce yourself confidently, tell what you're doing, and begin quickly. The first girl in my group kind of seemed to meekly introduce and then she was like "Is that enough? Do I begin?" And another girl introduced herself and waited for a long time and they seemed impatient and wanted for her to begin singing already. Don't wait on them, just go ahead with it. Even if they aren't looking at you, they can hear you.

Actors - Only one girl acted in my group and she acted in Chinese. I suggest that you do take time with your lines. I didn't understand what she was saying, but her expression was good. It was just weird because she seemed like she was rushing, maybe.

Models - Take time with your poses. Be confident in them. Doing the same pose with your left side and then right side looks kind of silly. The poses should vary. Walk up toward the camera confidently and smile, taking your time. The dancers, singers, and actors get quite a bit of time, so you should make sure you make your time as memorable.

Dancers - There was no one dancing in my group, so I'm not quite sure... but for the freestyle, I think it looked good if you just seemed like you knew exactly what you were doing without stopping or pausing. I'm not too sure, but if you're a good dancer, you know what's impressive or not.

Singers - Okay, I have quite a few times for singers.

1) Project your voice without seeming like you're forcing it. Don't be shy and sing like a mouse because they won't be impressed at all. The whole point is to make an impression. I think they wanted for you to look into the camera, not at the judges.

2) Don't rush your song just because you're afraid that they'll cut you off. They do actually give you a good amount of time. If you feel as though you might get cut off before reaching the part you wanted to reach, start there. People who sang rushed sounded silly.

3) Okay, do NOT close your eyes the entire time while you are singing. This guy in my group was a pretty good singer, but he had his eyes shut tight the whole entire time, pretending he was holding a microphone. They kept wanting to cut him off, but obviously he couldn't see. :vicx: Closing your eyes momentarily while singing is normal, but having them shut tightly is a little bizarre.

4) You have kind of a long waiting period most of the time. Try to calm your nerves and BREATHE while you sing. This girl in my group was good as well, but I guess she was so nervous and wasn't staggering her breathing quite right because she just kind of cracked and paused at a part because the sound wouldn't come out.

5) You should sing until they stop you. Honestly, I made the mistake of not singing long enough and they didn't really seem to care for me.

Okay, well I think that's all I really needed to say. I'm kind of mad that they wouldn't let us take pictures. T___T I'm also kind of mad that I feel like I failed miserably at the audition, but I hope everyone else had a good experience and maybe I met some future stars there. :]

-- Oh yeah, and I don't know if it was just for Atlanta, but one guy wanted to audition for singing, modeling, and acting. The judges let him sing, and then told him that he could only pick between modeling or acting, whichever he felt more comfortable in.

Guest ShilVHwAiixP
ShilVHwAiixP - hey dont u guyz sit at da back row.. of da waiting room??? ur bf wear a black long sleeve shirt or soemthing???

Hahaha .. yup. :) That was me. XD

Guest babee012
Actors - Only one girl acted in my group and she acted in Chinese. I suggest that you do take time with your lines. I didn't understand what she was saying, but her expression was good. It was just weird because she seemed like she was rushing, maybe.

question.... did she look AT the video camera.. i know singers hafta look at the camera... but do actors too? o.O cuz like... in my scene... im moving around a lot... but do i hafta have my body facing the camera? o.O

My story...

I was number 41...

oH and for those who thought number 40 was good (aka girl at the end) She's my friend fyi. She thought she did horrible... Which I seriously don't think she did..

anyways...

I went sang my song they stopped me 1-2 minutes... around there...

in my group there was.... a 24 yr old dude who couldn't sing (but he could really dance) These three little kids (8,9,and like 13) And others...

They made us freestyle dance. And because I can't dance I just did whatever floated my boat. If I don't make it this year I AM DEF.! gonna do gag dancing next yr when they come back again.

Guest xxzone2zonexx

hmm.. I guess they base it on the freestyle..alot.?.....well I hope u all had good experiences....and I guess i'll jsut have to work hard to hope for the best and prepare for the worst.... Thanks for sharing..:D

Guest LovexPoison

question.... did she look AT the video camera.. i know singers hafta look at the camera... but do actors too? o.O cuz like... in my scene... im moving around a lot... but do i hafta have my body facing the camera? o.O

I think it would be best if you went toward the camera and looked into it. As if the camera was the person you were talking to or something?

i knew it... i should yell across da room.. n say HEY SOOMPIER!!!! :D haha nah....

VV- aww it really nice to met u too... u look soo prettier outside dan in pics..=D

Awww =X You're the pretty one :] Hope your audition went well <3

holy,, you guys have numbers really close to me but I didn't see anyone T -T

my friend that came with me decided to leave,,,

What was your number?

Oh yeah.. I forgot to say also. The judges didn't seem influenced too much by clothing style, really. I don't think the "student-like" clothing thing was accurate. The girl in my group that they were really interested in was really trendy, wearing boots, skinny jeans, a crop top. (From what I can remember, at least)

xJINN: how do you look like? what were you wearing>? i may have seen you since you where in the group after mine. sounds like you did well. :)

Really??? I was wearing really boring clothes... HAHAHAHA~ Hmm... I wore these green cargo pants with a black wifebeater and a brown shirt... thing over it. I think I was the only person wearing a hat too<33

What were you wearing?? I might have seen you too~

xJINN I don't remember who you are :X I was #31. The FIRST person to sing in our group T____T. If you were #36 then we were in the same group :X OMFG & YES THE LAST GIRL WAS SOOOO GOOD. DAMN IT.

I KNOW!! I was going to cry when I heard her voice. ^^" Hahahaha~ You don't remember me?!?!?! I'm so hurt. =_____=;;

I'll tell you in PM :D Hehehe.

--

I don't think I got in, since the judges seemed to have no interest in me whatsoever... but it's okay. I wouldn't have signed a contract anyways<33

Guest babee012

I think it would be best if you went toward the camera and looked into it. As if the camera was the person you were talking to or something?

wut if yer doing it with a friend >.<

cuz my dialogue that i chose is a conversation... and so i thought it'd be weird if i just did it by myself so im asking my friend to help me.... are we BOTH supposed to just look towards the camera.... or would she have to like stand near the camera so that at least my body is towards the camera? o.O ahhh *confusing myself* haha >.<

Guest LovexPoison

that must of been fun!! but im just wondering for the freestlye did like n e one pop or ike shake their booty? LOL cuz like theres nothing else to do except like break dancing which idk how to do. lol

Yeah, some people did shake their booty, but I suggest you vary your movement. You don't have to do anything impressive.. just swaying back and forth might make you seem at least slightly interested.

wut if yer doing it with a friend >.<

cuz my dialogue that i chose is a conversation... and so i thought it'd be weird if i just did it by myself so im asking my friend to help me.... are we BOTH supposed to just look towards the camera.... or would she have to like stand near the camera so that at least my body is towards the camera? o.O ahhh *confusing myself* haha >.<

I think you should face her then but be at an angle where the camera can see your face.

Guest moo_cowz_1

kare.t i think i saw u lol i was # 126 or so i dunn remember... wernt u the one with the ELLE magazine and a japanese tote lol i was the one with the pink hat and ya...

Archived