Who makes the best Asian movies?

MakahaMusic

I just watched The Raid Redemption, it's not East Asian, but it's from Indonesia....

But man, what a great action film!!

Also, Ong Bak was a great action film, not much of a story really, but the martial arts was fantastic!!

And Ong Bak was from Thailand....

• 6 months later...

hong kong and korea.Although hong kong movies have gone downhill in recent times with a few gems and koreans movies have remained steady and box office still going strong.

• 9 months later...
Guest minjjangxx1846

I like Korean and Japanese movies the most. Both make good live-action AND animated movies, but I tend to watch more animated Japanese movies, and live-action Korean movies.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest KimLeeC

Japan and Korea makes the best movies for story content but China/Hong Hong makes the most beautiful when it comes to cinemintography

• 1 month later...
Guest Paulina Morán

Japan. They make beautiful and sick movies. For them; films are art before something commercial. There's a lot of Indie films as well. The directors are super visionary and I love their scripts; so well written. They still look for actors and actress that can act instead of just being goog looking, like happends sometimes in Korea, for example. I may not be a film expert, so it's just my opinion. I love Norwegian Wood.

• 2 months later...

In general, personally I'd say Japanese. I like that they keep it as "raw" as possible, meaning it comes off unpretentious & organic. I find Japanese filmmakers make films that're catered to the human spirit in that it has universal themes.While I love Korean films/dramas, etc. I do feel they tend to look too "perfect'', glossy in production, etc. A little too "pretty" y'know what I mean? And their storytelling definitely needs some finesse. Like I notice they start off great and then they tend to fizzle out toward the end. Resulting in it being mediocre. Despite that, I find Koreans shows addictive, appealing.   

• 3 months later...

Archived