[Drama 2013] You're The Best Lee Soon Shin - 최고다 이순신

phoung

Guest NEWMARIO

You're The Best Lee Soon Shin Episode 10 Review: IU Starts Dreaming of Becoming an Actress with Lee Mi Sook's Help

Posted on April 07, 2013 in drama by PuddleFavoriteAdd to Pins

201304072116031710_1

In You’re The Best Lee Soon Shin, episode 10, Lee Soon Shin(played by IU) began to dream of becoming an actress with help of her biological mother, Song Mi Ryung(played by Lee Mi Sook).

As Kim Jung Ae(played by Go Doo Shim) found out Soon Shin signed a contract with Shin Joon Hoo(played by Jo Jung Suk) to pay back her debt, she met Joon Ho and said, “My daughter and I are never going to dream an empty dream like that again.” Later Soon Shin went to Joon Ho’s office to break the contract.

On her way back, she thought about her dream carefully, and decided to go to Mi Ryung’s house. Mi Ryung welcomed Soon Shin into her house when she saw her in front of her gate. Soon Shin told her, “I’m about to quit this. I came here to say goodbye, and I also have a question to ask. Do I really have the talent?”

Mi Ryung smiled and answered, “Yes. You really do.”

Soon Shin smiled too when she heard this. She began in earnest to dream of becoming an actress.

Source: Newsen

cr: koreandrama.com

• Replies 44.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree with the ugly comments...(she's not really) but I mean it's the point of the show haha. I loved that Junho came to her house so unexpectedly. Why so cute?
This drama is making me come out of my non-posting at Soompi hibernation. Finally!

What does it mean to the audience if everyone calls an adorable young woman like Soon Shin ugly?  If a perfect girl like IU is ugly, then what does that say about the women in the audience?

In 10 or 15 episodes Junho will start to fall in love with Soon Shin (if not sooner).  Will she be able to forgive him for his insults?

Hey everyone, first time posting here. I hope you don't mind me joining you?

@anoosha, @ZarraJae, how are you? Nice to meet you in here as well.

@anoosha, How's the mosquito thingy going? I haven't and most likely won't have time to actually watch the full episodes till further down the show as RL is once again interfering but I try to stay updated by what's written about the show's progress out there. And I will definitely start marathoning the episodes asap. 
I can understand your feeling about this show's story-lines could be wrapped up quite fast if that's what the writer wanted, but actually I do see potential for a longer run show with some of the usual twists and complications down the road. I mean we should not forget Joon Ho's ex. She seems to get her confidence from putting him down a few inches here and there, so my current feeling will be that she won't be happy to find out her barbs don't effect him any longer as soon as Soon Shin grows more and more important to him. She could try to "befriend" Soon Shin somewhere down the road and try to undermine the trust and understanding building between the main couple as she can't loose Joon Ho in a sense of how she get's her own self-confidence up with putting him down. So if she's not able to influence him any longer it would be natural to try to get close to Soon Shin and her closeness with Soon Shin's real mother could help her with that.
I also got a Kim Sam Soon like feeling regarding parental/motherly opposition when reading about Kim Jung Ae opposing Soon Shin's contract with Joon Ho. After gaining the knowledge of him being the CEO of Gabi she may will be the one opposing them getting close to each other and becoming a couple as she could get the feeling of whether Joon Ho is serious or just using her daughter for having some fun (I also would not be suprised if Joon Ho's ex is dropping the bomb of the bet between her and Joon Ho somewhere later down the road).
Another issue that could need quite a few episodes is the relationship between Soon Shin and her two mothers because I think her current mother won't be to happy to suddenly have some competition for being the mother in Soon Shin's heart. These two lady's may go on cold war leaving Soon Shin somewhere in the middle between them which could also be dragged a few episodes.

@anoosha

Hye Shin: It isnt simply as you think. I am not certain about but today episode Hye Shin told to Yoo Shin they broke up because her husband has an another woman. She was deeply hurted and i dont think she can able to a new relationship at now. The family dont know yet she divorced expect Yoo Shin everyone think she has perfect life but honestly expect her daughter she has nothing.  Baker owner is an ex-con obviously everyone will against their relationship.Their relationship greatest opponent will be her daughter and dont forget her ex-hubby will show up whenever too.

@Lady_Fay

Hey! How are you? Missed my NG buddies. 
>:D<  Yes I agree. SoonShin story as I said can be longest as there are many things to address. I was only wondering about the other two sisters.

@dexter8010

Yes you mentioned a very good point.Ex Hubby and him being an ex-con and Hye Shin actually being afraid of falling in love. These are great issues to address.I just hope the writer won't drag these issues.So far He/She has solved every issues within couple of episodes, That's why I was wondering if the writer will go the way he/she has been doing so far or will start to drag the other sisters storyline. If he follows the way,he has been doing so far,then all these issues can be solved in a couple of episodes but Since it's 50 episodes, I think it may start to get dragged. I just hope the writer has a very good storyline in his head for the other 2 sisters as well and They won't become some of those filling the episodes minutes kind of the couple without a great storyline behind them.

anoosha said: The story moves so fast,Sometimes I wonder how they can make a 50 episodes out of this storyline.

SoonShin's story can be longest out of the three sister's but still not 50 episodes long. The other 2 sisters' storyline can be wrapped up in another 10 Episodes. Chan Woo already confessed to Yu Shin and she rejected him.Now the annoying sister has found Chan Woo and will follow him and 5 episodes for YuShin to find out,she has feeling for CW and another 5 to convince CW of her love for him,then what? The Baker Guy already like Hye Shin and their story can be wrap up in another 10 episodes.

I wonder How the writer is gonna twist these 2 sister's storyline? The writer isn't dragging anything so far,she/he is straight and wrap up any storyline in a couple of episodes, How is he going to drag it?

Are we going to see these two sister's story after dating/marriage too, OR The Writer wants to drag these sisters' romances for 40 more episodes.

You're The Best Lee Soon Shin Episode 10 Review: Son Tae Young Tells Yoo In Na The Reason Why She Got Divorced

Posted on April 07, 2013 in drama by Puddle FavoriteAdd to Pins

201304072052421710_1

In You’re The Best Lee Soon Shin, episode 10, Lee Hye Shin(played by Son Tae Young) told Lee Yoo Shin(played by Yoo In Na) the reason why she got divorced with her husband.

Hye Shin and Yoo Shin were embarrassed when they found out Han Woo Joo(played by Kim Hwan Hee) lied to the bakery guy, Seo Jin Wook(played by Jung Woo), that Park Chan Woo(played by Go Joo Won) was her father.

Later at home, Yoo Shin sensed something was wrong and asked Hye Shin, “What’s going on between you and your husband?” Just then Woo Joo burst into tears and left the room.

Hye Shin told her the truth, “We divorced. He had someone else. I tried to take it in by thinking he was only interested in work. Please don’t tell mom. I’ll tell her myself.”

Source: Newsen

http://koreandrama.com/youre-the-best-lee-soon-shin-episode-10-review-son-tae-young-tells-yoo-in-na-the-reason-why-she-got-divorced/

this weekend's episodes were really good. The story is moving along and there were many funny scenes. The only complain that i have is why no new OST. We're already in episode 10. Uhh you know the scene where junho was listening to a song in the recording studio? I thought it was the perfect scene to intro new ost but no they had him listen to G.NA's oops. Either the one who is in charge of music likes CUBE's artists or they're affiliate with CUBE in some way cause i've seen many cube's artists works in this drama. Examples, you know the TVs in junho's office? they have been playing beast or 4minute's MVs over n over + the G.NA's song in last night's episode. I want new OST hopefully they're not expecting to just released one ost for the entire run of this drama. They have capable singers in the casts use them please.

Based on what we know Soon Shin move out soon from the family house. I thought because she isnt related by blood with the family but now rather i think she move out because she want to be an actress and the family against her plan especially her mother. So it seems she choice her dream instead of her family like what did her birthmother when she abandon her long time ago.

@phoung

Thx the translation. So I was right Hye Shin divorced because her husband has an another woman.

Guest NEWMARIO

[Ratings: Sat & Sun, 04.06~07.13] ′K-Pop Star′ Crowns a Winner

2013-04-08 09:36  l   CJ E&M enewsWorld Grace Danbi Honghttp://enewsworld.interest.me/enews/c.. icon_copy_1.gif icon_issue_1.gif
ratingtweettweet1tweetGo to Forum    0  |   Reply  0The second winner of SBS K-Pop Star was born on Sunday afternoon. 

The long battle came down to Bang Ye Dam and Akdong Musicians, with Akdong Musicians being named the winners. The finalists were embraced by all the contestants from the Top 10 as 13-year old Lee Soo Hyun cried, saying she wasn’t sure if this was where they should be standing with so many talented people in the competition. The siblings’ parents were also in the audience, having flown in from Mongolia, where they are missionaries. They burst into grateful tears as their daughter and son were named the winners. 

15& also joined theK-Pop Star stage in its comeback with Somebody. The first season’s finalists, Lee Hi and Park Ji Min were in the audience, as well as 2NE1. 

Meanwhile, jTBC’s Shinhwa Broadcast came back on air after a month’s hiatus and cooked with MBLAQ Mir’s mother in its new show format. 

47349820.jpg

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Dramas

8:00 PM

1. KBS You’re the Best Lee Soon Shin 25.9

10:00 PM

1. MBC One Hundred Years’ Legacy 21.5

2. SBS Incarnation of Money 16.1

Variety

1. MBC Infinity Challenge 15.0

2. SBS Star King 12.4

3. KBS Immortal Song 9.6

4. MBC We Got Married 8.3

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Dramas

8:00 PM

1. KBS You’re the Best Lee Soon Shin 27.3

10:00 PM

1. MBC One Hundred Years’ Legacy 22.6

2. SBS Incarnation of Money 14.6 

Variety

5:00 PM

1. KBS 1 Night 2 Days 18.0 

2. SBS Running Man 16.6

3. MBC Dad! Where Are We Going? 13.0

4. SBS K-Pop Star 12.5

5. KBS Qualifications of Men 4.5

9:00 PM

KBS Gag Concert 16.0

Cable

jTBC Shinhwa Broadcast 0.942

*All ratings are based on AGB Nielson Media Research

Photo Credit: SBS

Guest jjsweeter0211

"Lee Soon-sin is the Best" sets record

Source | 2013/04/07 

photo298227.jpg

KBS 2TV drama "Lee Soon-sin is the Best" rose to the throne with a new record.

According to Nielsen Korea, the ninth episode of the weekend drama rated 27.3%.

This is 1.4% higher than the previous day's record and the best out of all the three ground wave dramas that day.

Scenes that foresaw the future love lines of Soon-shin (IU), Yoo-shin (Yoo In-na) and Hye-sin (Son Tae-yeong) were shown on this day.

Meanwhile, KBS 1TV drama "The Great King's Dream" rated 10.4%, MBC "Gold, Appear!" rated 14.6% and SBS "My Love, Butterfly Lady" ended at 14.0%.

Source : star.moneytoday.co.kr... ( English )

The awakening of Lee Soon Shin's confidence & desire to act.
This weekend's episodes, E09&E10, is the turning point for the series... to my eyes.Song Mi Ryung told Soon Shin that she has what it takes to be a top star.
I'm not sure whether she was sincere or lying.
Soon Shin's confidence and desire soared... ... only to have her prospects dashed by Shin Joon Ho's visit...... and her mother's adamant decision to have her stop.
I think the actual turning point for Soon Shin came with Joon Ho's question after she informed him she was quitting."Are you certain you won't regret it?"
I think she made a decision to continue acting after getting confirmation from Song Mi Ryung that her compliments were sincere.( of course... she got the confirmation, but whether they were sincere or not remains to be seen :) )

Archived