Karen Mok’s《Somewhere I Belong》

usagi-ayumi

Karen Mok’sSomewhere I Belong
金曲天后出道20周年   圓夢推出爵士專輯《Somewhere I Belong》
跨越邊界和文化的差異   與世界頂尖高手合作  
融入東方樂器自創「電古箏」   莫文蔚一手包辦打造屬於東方的爵士樂  

64666_10152463349040451_1210895618_n.jpg

眾所期待「金曲獎」最佳國語女歌手莫文蔚,睽違歌壇2年,傾力進軍國際樂壇。早於求學時已熱愛爵士樂的她,如願推出爵士專輯,大膽嘗試把中西樂曲風揉合的《Somewhere I Belong》,此專輯除了為莫文蔚的音樂生涯,也替華人音樂寫下新的里程碑,全碟1月14日在iTunes優先下載,更被iTunes選為啟動Mastered for iTunes超高音質「iTunes發燒版」的第一位華人,專輯在英國iTunes指定的錄音室重新製作,為樂迷提供一按下載的高質素音樂體驗,全面與國際歌手看齊。
Karen花了22個月,從大碟策劃、選歌到獨自一人遠赴挪威與製作人找尋靈感,全程帶頭參與製作。為了精準地傳達爵士樂精髓,Karen與來自日本、韓國、北京、上海等地,彷如「小型聯合國」的樂手團隊合作,更特地請來世界頂尖爵士奇才Bugge Wesseltoft及亞洲爵士大師渡邊貞夫一同聚集在有「中國爵士樂發源地」之稱的上海進行錄音。
在形象方面,為了顯現Karen獨有的氣質,環球唱片邀請了專為英國皇室、英國軍隊拍攝的英國重量級攝影大師Andy Earl,他也是國際巨星專屬攝影師,曾為Madonna、Robbie Williams、Pink Floyd及Janet Jackson等拍攝。拍攝團隊移師
上海拍攝,在上海多個著名地點取景,Andy盛讚莫文蔚非常有魅力,讓他快門按個不停,在短短3日時間一共拍下驚人的1萬5千多張相片。
形象百變著稱的Karen,在新專輯拍攝中依然求新求變與充滿戲劇張力,服裝造型方面斥資數百萬,請來香港天王、天后御用的首席形象聖手劉天蘭,與莫文蔚一起打造12套展現東西文化合璧的服裝。一時化身超級性感的爵士名伶,以一身改良式唐裝,搭配寶石美鑽的絲襪,大秀美腿;一時穿上馬甲上衣,搭配銀色長褲裝及波鞋,也巧妙將東西元素合併。大碟封面Karen穿上黑色高貴禮服,加上傳統旗袍高領飾物點綴出東方風格,Karen輕舞衣紗,呈現出優美姿態與十足魅力。
《Somewhere I Belong》打造東西方結合的曲風,收錄多首Karen心愛的經典西方爵士樂,她更以自創的「電古箏」,於很多部分用古箏取代了吉他,Karen精湛的古箏技巧配合她獨特的嗓音,帶給大家新鮮又獨特的東方韻味演繹。頭炮歌是The Beatles名作“While My Guitar Gently Weeps”,專輯中其他歌曲有名列音樂史上最性感的電影名曲 Chris Isaak 的“Wicked Game”;描述名妓無奈卻又寫實心情Cole Porter的經典名曲“Love for Sale”;華語經典 “夜上海”及由莫文蔚譜曲,李焯雄填詞的動人作品“傾國傾城”。新專輯中多首歌曲都可聽到她精湛的琴藝,獨特嗓音層次豐富,以東方韻味演繹英語名曲,莫文蔚要讓大家聽到屬於東方的爵士音樂,打入全球歌迷的心,大展東西文化撞擊的魅力,開啟許多華人前所未有的第一次!

Track list

1    Love For Sale
2    While My Guitar Gently Weeps
3    My Funny Valentine
4    The Face That Launched A Thousand Ships (傾國傾城)
5    Wicked Game
6    Stormy Weather
7    Sour Times
8    A Fine Romance
9    The Man I Love
10  I Can’t Give You Anything But Love
11  Moon Over Bourbon Street
12  Shanghai Nights (夜上海)

Please stay tune to the upcoming photo of the album itself and our song review to this wonderful album!!
I have to say the cover is very classic, I have a strong feeling its a jazz based feel ^^v

66427_10151228609615893_2137219463_n.png

Karen Mok 《Somewhere I Belong》is now on sale on itune, you can listen to the full samples on the following links.
Somewhere I Belong》Itune Link

OPEN FAN PAGE
http://www.facebook.com/KarenMokOfficial?group_id=0

Update
316960_135605359936880_1030037999_n.jpg
Karen's CD is now on sale at HMV Hong Kong, those who can't find it please order from itune.

more updates on the way.

Some wonderful promotion photoshoot on Karen while she was in Taiwan.
735167_135238953306854_636673987_n.jpg
250310_133722683458481_548209511_n.jpg75050_133523500145066_1785672597_n.jpg
Information update from the offical fanpage.

Karen proudly announced the great KARENMOK.com and her Global Official Facebook Fanpge launch!

“Somewhere I Belong” album-recording documentary premier held in Taiwan last night to present the incredible process on how to make this global issue happen!

In last night’s premier event, Karen personally shared with fans on her social ideas on her brand new official website and the global official F...acebook Fan page (http://www.facebook.com/KarenMokOfficial).
This more intimate interaction with fans in Taiwan brought to fans more in-depth understanding on how Karen would like to interpret her music thoughts through this new International Jazz Album with 22 months time.

Fans called her with Wow! Jazz Diva from the East! The innovative combination with East & West elements also proven successful on the iTunes #1 in Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Malaysia!

It’s also 20th anniversary of Karen’s debut. The meaningful global release meant a lot to her and her fans internationally. She will not stop from here, she will definitely keep bringing us more surprise and achievements!

"please note i have a few handfuls so update will be slowly a great few hours apart from the Luna Sea!!" "review on the way / progress"

Speical M4A give away!!

Since everyone might not have the money to buy the itune of "Somewhere I belong" I am doing a very special give away... I will be giving 2 lucky winners on guessing this picture below and have a guess on what music video does this picture belong to Karen Mok's new english album.
First person who can give me the right answer will get a full M4A album of hers if you want MP3, please tell me on the comment below.22216_574533669241397_396895304_n.jpg
Please what song is this for her upcoming MV?

all M4A files a supported by my lovely self, -empty wallet- 'cough' have fun ^^ guessing <3

• 2 weeks later...

After two weeks of listening to Karen's new CD I have finally came up with my review, This CD is very much a smoothing and relaxing album which you can listen during your sleep, and the chinese music that is in the background mixed with the english Jazz is a sweet relaxing tone, it really gives your mind a smoothing relaxing feeling I would give this album a full 5 stars as it has wonderful hits and very much great music that was blend with a very natural and original mix with western music.Those who doesn't listen to Jazz can give this music a try as its very much enjoyable and lovely, 
The music she choosen is the best out of the all the old hits and I really wish her the best on her upcoming live, which I will be updating and looking forward to see soon.Take care everyone.

update恭喜發財! 
Karen 的英國宣傳訪問即將展開, 提醒大家準時收聽歐. 

[2月20日]
下午3點, Jazz FM 102.2 "Jazz Travels"
http://www.jazzfm.com/live-jazz

[2月20日] 
下午4點, "BBC World Service"
http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldserviceradio/programmes/schedules/2013/02/20

[2月21日]
早上10點, BBC Radio 4, FM 93.5 "Woman's Hour" (現場直播)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/programmes/schedules/fm/2013/02/21

Karen's CNY blessing to all the babies. Come visit Karen's official website to download the pretty wallpaper!
Wish you all have a wonderful Year of Snake!
Karen精心為莫寶貝們準備了美麗的賀歲桌圖! 
祝大家蛇年行大運!
Mok_chinese_new_year.jpg
Karen keep supporting on Animals Asia Fundation to help save our Black Bears from unethical treaments!

Karen大力極呼希望大家支持亞洲動物基金,不要再讓黑熊遭遇到不人道的待遇!
578258_141039512726798_1839655612_n.jpg

Archived