How Can I Support Soompi?

Guest NotFromThisPlanet

Guest CHOMP!

So does old FOS get stripped of their status? I am quite sad to come back on to soompi after being MIA for a year and realise that I don't have my FOS status anymore.

So if you pay for 3 months ($6), after those three months, your hearts will go away? :o

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest julanrouge

So does old FOS get stripped of their status? I am quite sad to come back on to soompi after being MIA for a year and realise that I don't have my FOS status anymore.

If you were FOS before July 2008, then you are permanently FOS. The thread with that info is here. But if you are under the post-July 2008 FOS system, then you have to maintain your FOS status. Send me a PM and let me know when you became FOS and I will check it against our records - thanks!

Guest CHOMP!

That's kind of unfair for those who want to keep their hearts o_o. Because FOS pre-July08 had to pay like $1+ for hearts foreverrrrr, whereas post-July08 have to pay $22 every year just to keep those hearts :/

Guest julanrouge

That's kind of unfair for those who want to keep their hearts o_o. Because FOS pre-July08 had to pay like $1+ for hearts foreverrrrr, whereas post-July08 have to pay $22 every year just to keep those hearts :/

Actually, its quite fair - FOS get more storage in their PM box and will get more photo storage once we finish updating the photo galleries. Soompi has to pay for the storage on a monthly basis, so how is the extra storage supposed to be covered? We are not even meeting our basic costs as is and soomp! and I are working with no pay all year long, living off our savings - so is it unfair that people who want extra features to help cover the costs?

The people who supported soompi back in the day are our old school supporters. Not everyone donated $1 - we would receive checks even up to $100 - all of which went to pay for servers, etc. So we wanted to thank everyone who took the time to support us even back when we were a tiny community.

Guest CHOMP!

I just donated! :)

I would have sent more but I had exactly $11.46 in my account -_-

But when I entered in my username (j©_♥`), the name got all scrambled ><

It turned into j©_♥`

I included a note, so I hope you guys see that :x

Guest inezjang

ok i dont know what happened a couple of days back but i just donated again thru PayPal and hope to get my little red hearts back..

Guest slowpoke2

If you were FOS before July 2008, then you are permanently FOS. The thread with that info is here. But if you are under the post-July 2008 FOS system, then you have to maintain your FOS status. Send me a PM and let me know when you became FOS and I will check it against our records - thanks!

Hey julanrouge, I clicked on the link but it didn't go to a thread, just a blank page. I noticed that not all of the very old links translated over very well went soompi went Soompi-Fied v1.0 Beta. I think julanrouge was trying to say that Soompi.com has a special place in it's heart for the people who supported it back when it was just starting out, before it became the Superstar Soompi that it is today as Soompi.com shouldn't forget it's roots.

Guest julanrouge

hheeh.

i donated.

but like a few weeks back.

hope you guys get it soon! :)

sorry for the delay - our mail key was MIA for a bit, but I was finally able to get the mail today and got your mail!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest soompier1

I did not know about the amazon thing, and I just bought $100+ of amazon items sorry ! :( I will make sure to do it through the link next time

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CHOMP!

is there any way to check when your FOS status expires?

and i just purchased some stuff through itunes from soompi

hope it went through to you guys! ;o

Archived