Kim Woo Bin 김우빈 I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Everything Will Come True

heartkwbheart

*** The year 2023 is about to end, and it has been truly filled with a large amount of excellent K-Dramas. The K-Dramas of this year covered a multitude of genres, including romance, action, thriller, fantasy, revenge, school, historical, and more. OTT services like Netflix, Disney+, Apple TV+, TVING, Watcha, and more.   :ohboy2:

Top 5 Favorite OTT K-Dramas Of 2023 As Voted By Global Fans

5. "Black Knight" - 0.1%

The sci-fi Netflix drama "Black Knight," adapted from a webtoon, ranked fifth. Starring Kim WooBin, Song SeungHeon, Kang YooSeok, and Esom in the lead roles, the series is set in the year 2071, where only 1% of the population survives, living with gas masks and relying on delivery knights. Viewers were especially impressed by the stellar performances, striking visual effects, and a storyline that appealed to a broad audience.

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/top-5-favorite-ott-k-dramas-of-2023-as-voted-by-global-fans/

*** The “APAN Star Awards,” a global K-drama festival to be held at Dongdaemun Design Plaza (DDP) in Jung-gu, Seoul, on December 30th, recently unveiled a spectacular lineup of nominees. The awards are for dramas and actors aired on public channels, cable channels, streaming services and webs from August 2022 to October 2023. This year’s nominees for Excellence Award, Actor in a Serial Drama includes Kim Woo-bin (Black Knight). I'm looking forward to who will be awarded the Daesang at the 2023 APAN Star Awards this year.   :heart3:

source : https://kbizoom.com/2023-apan-star-awards-released-nominee-list-including-song-joong-ki-song-hye-kyo-kim-hye-soo-and-more/

*** On December 19th, Kim Woobin and his 'Alienoid 2' co-stars participated in a Pre-Christmas special showcase for their upcoming movie. Here, Kim Woobin revealed an interesting detail about portraying dual roles in the film 'Alienoid 2'! During the event, it was revealed that Kim Woobin used two different perfumes while portraying his dual characters. Kim Woobin shared, "Because I am sensitive to scents, I always choose one perfume for each project. Since I'm playing two characters in this one, I sprayed (2 different perfumes) before shooting to immerse myself. For the Guard role, I chose a strong and powerful scent, and for the Thunder role, I chose a bright and light scent with a floral fragrance."   :heart2beat:

20231220_025649_708_219%201.jpeg

source : Gstarlive

*** During December 16 episode of MBC's reality show 'Point of Omniscient Interfere', where comedian Lee Young Ja threw a year-end party, everybody is non-stop talking about how sweet Kim Woo Bin is. To her special party, she invited the leads of the movie 'Alienoid' and some comedians. Jin Seon-kyu wanted to try the kimchi so he grabbed a piece of cabbage with his gloved-hand and tried putting it in his mouth. But since it was a long piece, he struggled to put it in all at once, as he worried about the possibility of kimchi juice dropping on his shirt. Kim Woo Bin quickly noticed his struggles and without saying anything, he put his hand under his piece of kimchi to make sure nothing got on the shirt. Right after that, Kim Woo Bin went into the kitchen behind him and grabbed a whole roll of paper towel from there. Then, he went around the table and gave each of them a paper towel so that they could wipe their lips after having kimchi. Even after Kim Woo Bin got back to his seat afterward, he constantly looked around to check if anyone needed anything. Later, when another bowl of food in the kitchen was all ready to be served, he quietly got chopsticks out and started setting them on the table as well. Hong Hyun Hee wowed and commented, "How do you manage to always notice everything so fast?" Kim Woo Bin gave a humble response, "I've had many part-time jobs before. I've worked at restaurants, pubs and places like that." Everything he did at the party seemed to prove how kind, caring and sweet Kim Woo Bin is.  :heart3:

201872626_700.webp

201872627_1280.webp

source : SBS Star

*** Kim Woo Bin welcomes a meaningful new year with charitable contributions. On January 1st, Seoul Asan Hospital announced that Kim Woo-bin recently donated 100 million won ($77,000) to support treatment costs for patients from underprivileged backgrounds. He has been involved in donation activities for over a decade. Kim Woo-bin started making anonymous donations some years back and has since been participating annually in supporting surgery costs for pediatric cancer patients. He is such a generous and compassionate person in my books. Love this man.    :Ohboy3:

1704081599-2024-01-01-12.png

photo source : allkpop

• Like 1

Top 7 actor comebacks in 2024: Lee Min Ho's Ask the Stars, Gong Yoo's Trunk and Kim Soo Hyun's Queen of Tears

Lee Min Ho, Gong Yoo, Kim Soo Hyun, Cha Eun Woo and many more of our favourite male K-drama actors will be returning with some amazing work in 2024. Here is a look.

Lee Min Ho in Ask the Stars, Gong Yoo in The Trunk, Kim Soo Hyun in The Queen of Tears and many amazing K-dramas featuring some of the best male actors are set to release in 2024. From romance to thriller and sci-fi and more; all genres have been covered. This year has something in store for everyone. Here is a list of the best upcoming K-drama in 2024 starring our favourite actors. 

Kim Woo Bin in All Your Wishes Will Come True

The romance comedy project has been penned by The Glory's writer Kim Eun Soo. She is also famous for writing hit dramas like Goblin, Secret Garden, Descendants of the Sun, Mr Sunshine, King: The Eternal Monarch, and many more.  It is a fantasy romance comedy. Kim Woo Bin will be taking on the role of a spirit that comes out of a lamp. He is an emotional entity and his feelings fluctuate frequently. On the other hand, Bae Suzy will be playing Ga Young, a young woman without much emotion. She releases Kim Woo Bin's spirit from the lamp and is granted three wishes. 

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/top-7-actor-comebacks-in-2024-lee-min-hos-ask-the-stars-gong-yoos-trunk-and-kim-soo-hyuns-queen-of-tears-1268949

• Like 1

*** On January 5, the three leads of movie 'Alienoid'―Kim Woo Bin, Ryu Jun Yeol and Kim Tae Ri―guested on producer Na Young-seok's YouTube show. Here, Kim Woo Bin complained about Ryu Jun Yeol keeps telling everybody that they had never met before 'Alienoid'; where he claimed that they have. He started complaining, "Ryu Jun Yeol kept saying to people, 'I didn't know Woo Bin before filming 'Alienoid'," but that's actually not true. After Ryu Jun Yeol wrapped up filming his debut project 'Socialphobia' in 2014, he went to 'Busan International Film Festival' for the film. And I attended the event for my movie 'Twenty'." Kim Woo Bin said he and Kang Ha Neul rented whole pojangmacha (outdoor drinking establishment) to themselves after the festival, and that was where he got to spend a lot of time talking to Ryu Jun Yeol. "We had properly met one another at that pojangmacha on that day. We talked for ages then as well. We also went to the same beauty salon, so I met him at the salon two to three times after that too. But he keeps saying that he's never met me before 'Alienoid'!" Awkwardly Ryu Jun Yeol responded, "We went to the same beauty salon? Oh..! As for the time at that pojangmacha... My memories from that time have faded away, because I was drunk on free food and booze. I think I was too drunk." Kim Woo Bin laughed and replied, "What are you talking about? You didn't consume a drop of alcohol then!".  :kaching1:

201879477_700.webp

Source : SBS Star

• Like 1

*** Choi Dong-hoon talked to a news outlet about his upcoming film 'Alienoid Part 2' on January 5. Here, he thanked Kim Woo Bin for giving his best effort in the movie after overcoming cancer. The first part of the movie was released in 2022 and was Kim Woo Bin's first work after he recovered from cancer. "I decided to go along with Kim Woo Bin's health status when it comes to his involvement in the film.", the director said. "Kim Woo Bin's first role, 'Guard', was supposed to be a small part. But after he told me, 'Director, my muscles are getting stronger.', I gave him more scenes. He is a good-looking actor who doesn't need to show that he can act well. But Kim Woo Bin tries, and he tries very hard. He is always like, 'Let's do one more take.', and it's hard to say no to that. He keeps trying until he feels satisfied. He never complains, no matter how tough the filming gets. He had always been nice, but I think he has become even more admirable. Working with him on this film was a joyous experience as I got to follow his journey to recovery."  :kaching1:

201878938_700.webp

Source : SBS Star

• Like 1

*** In the morning of January 4, Ryu Jun Yeol sat down for an interview with the press to discuss his upcoming film 'Alienoid 2', which is to hit the theaters on January 10. Regarding his chemistry with the co-star Kim Woo Bin, Ryu Jun Yeol said, "Our characters don't meet much in the movie, so we tried to spend as much time outside work as we could. And that helped when we did act with each other. Woo Bin also told me about his battle with cancer. He told me the full story and... His story kind of surprised me. I don't know. I had a lot of thoughts then. It's not like he made me feel uncomfortable with his story or anything. In fact, he made sure I wasn't feeling uncomfortable while he gave me details of his battle. It was more like, his story made me realized how truly tough it may have been for him during that time."  :cutekitty:

201878429_700.webp

source : SBS Star

• Like 1

*** I've watched "Alienoid 1" and looking forward to watch soon the Part 2. It took another year and six months after the first part to release the second. “Alienoid Part 2” hits local theaters tomorrow, Wednesday/ January 10.   :Twerkdatbutt:

20240109000582_0.jpg

• Like 1

6 Celebrity Couples Most Likely To Get Married Soon, Ranked By KBS

All of the couples have been together for a long time.

During KBS‘s Year-Round Plus television special, they chose six of the longest-lasting couples in the entertainment industry who were most likely to get married in 2023 and the years beyond.

5. Shin Min Ah And Kim Woo Bin

Our Blues actress Shin Min Ah and Black Knight actor Kim Woo Bin have also been dating since 2015 and attended a wedding together recently.

qkx9298Sul78ja77lnfh_mIRBC3LWVdFEP3orkKKGXNOYq6QiuNoclRzmnOsKeBfDbgSZ4XMQL_4HC2mnRTX1sRaEVFHuhSDVkNbClJ_6FMWDg=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

1XBcRop9tONoQ5yZA7b5JDht1zpjzesRyMDXuujP

source : http://www.celuvmedia.com/article.php?aid=1672321942443614006

• Like 1

*** Netizens have been waiting years for Kim Woo Bin and Shin Min Ah to tie the knot. They have been going strong for nine years—even through Kim Woo Bin’s tough battle with cancer. In an episode of Star Date, the host asked Kim Woo Bin if there was a particular age he had in mind for tying the knot. He answered, “Marriage… When I’m around thirty-five years old.

I want to be a husband that’s like a friend, and a father that’s like a friend. My parents are kind of like that.

— Kim Woo Bin

Because the interview happened the same year they started dating, netizens realized that Kim Woo Bin will be turning thirty-five in July of this year. The topic gained attention on TikTok, where fans joked that Kim Woo Bin “better be on time” to marry Shin Min Ah and that they’d “been ready for the wedding” between them for years. Netizens continued to be supportive of Shin Min Ah and Kim Woo Bin’s relationship. They were accepting of whenever the couple decided to finally get married—or not get married at all.   :heart3:

uLwqphBSOVACLYMGs3v4V6cNVP0g1Mo2Q4Mawa-F

source : Koreaboo

• Like 1

*** During his appearance in a video released by his agency, AM Entertainment, featuring an event that Kim Woo Bin attended for watch brand Jaeger-LeCoultre in Switzerland, where he served as a brand ambassador, Kim Woo Bin showcased a glimpse of his life as he took his fans throughout his shoot. Here, Kim Woo Bin talks about his health and how he managed to keep his physique active and healthy. It's good that he's keeping his career and personal life balanced. It's also how dedicated he is to keeping his health his priority. During the shoot, he jokingly said, "It's been 11 hours and 20 minutes since I woke up. Today, I woke up at 6 am, cycled for 30 minutes, skipped breakfast, started hair and makeup at 7:30 am, began work at 9:30 am, and now it's 5:20 pm," he said, adding that he is "incredibly tired" after having a full-packed schedule. I also noticed his kindness towards the staff and his team.   :heart2:  

https://youtu.be/INpE-Zb79Oc

kim-woo-bin.png?w=820

photo/video source : Kdramastars

• Like 1

[Herald Review] All riddles solved in ‘Alienoid Part 2,’ but movie still a muddle

‘Alienoid Part 2’ ending reminiscent of MCU’s ‘Avengers: Endgame’

20240109000579_0.jpg

Putting the disgraceful performance at the box office of “Alienoid Part 1” behind him, renowned moviemaker Choi Dong-hoon returned with the second part to the Korean sci-fi flick that combines Korean folklore, a year and six months after the first part released in theaters.

“Alienoid Part 2” continues to tell the story of magician-like gurus, or “dosa” in Korean, from the late Goryeo Kingdom and their connection to aliens, robots and humans living in 2022. While the first part was all about the introduction to numerous characters living in various times, with a whole lot of back and forth, the second part is devoted to weaving together the stories of the characters and the overall worldview. The running time is 20 minutes shorter this time -- the 142-minute-long first part was criticized for being too long as well as being all over the place.

“Alienoid Part 2” (CJENM)

The film begins with a short summary of the first part, which clearly shows the director's intention to invite even those who did not catch the first part to jump straight into the story.

Lee Ahn (Kim Tae-ri) accidentally falls into the time frame of the late Goryeo Kingdom, and all she needs to do to come back to 2022 is to find the divine sword, which happens to also be sought by several different stakeholders – Mureuk (Ryu Joon-yeol), aliens, Goryeo gurus and the masked man Ja-jang (Kim Eui-sung) who is bathed in dark power – for different reasons.

Choi’s riddlelike worldview in “Alienoid” does become a bit clearer in part two, with a significant twist unveiled through the relationship of Lee Ahn and Mureuk, but the audience is still left lost after so many characters across different time frames appear.

Although it is understandable why the director put public officer Min Gae-in (Lee Ha-nee) and Neung-pa (Jin Seon-kyu) into the story, the overall plot without these two characters also sounds all right, in terms of both their significance and screen time.

Choi's hit action crime flick “The Thieves” (2012) was popular for its bevy of characters, featuring 10 protagonists in a single plot.

However, the eight characters in “Alienoid Part 2” seem like they were just needed for the grandiose ending scene when all of them assemble with weapons of all sorts in hand in front of evil aliens to prevent them from destroying Earth – reminiscent of the Marvel heroes gathering to stop the world-ending disaster in the similarly two-part “Avengers: Endgame.”

A whopping 70 billion won has been put into the 13-month production that wrapped in 2021, and the computer graphics and video effects used in the film clearly show where Korea’s sci-fi blockbuster techniques stand. The film is worth watching on a large screen with a great sound system. Consider watching it at an Imax theater.

The movie’s breakeven point is 7.3 million admissions. The first part managed to attract only 1.5 million cinemagoers.

“Alienoid Part 2” hits local theaters Wednesday.

credit : Korea Herald

https://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20240109000556

*** According to figures released by the Korean Film Council on January 11th, "Alienoid: Return to the Future" is the most widely watched film at the South Korean box office. The movie earned 94,448 box office admissions on its opening day of January 10th, and currently stands at 103,485 admissions when early screenings are included. "Alienoid: Return to the Future" will likely break at least a million admissions at the South Korean box office over the weekend at this current pace. "Alienoid: Return to the Future" registered 64,903 admissions on the 11th.   :yaaa:

credit : William Schwartz