[Drama 2013] Incarnation of Money 돈의 화신

Guest nozomikizumi

Guest farstrep

I know this has been discussed many times before but I would like to add my two cents' worth as well. :P

I think I can understand why the writers make the rich and powerful resort to murder to resolve their issues, even though it does seem too unrealistic a solution. From another point of view, it is a more extreme way of emphasizing yet again, SK and JG's opinions of people at the lower echelons of the society and the lack of respect they have for the sanctity of human lives. They are similar to the deceased Chairman, who only thought to murder SK and Angelina when he discovered their affair. They think these small fries' lives are worthless and can be disposed of at will, as if they have the right to mete out "justice" on them whenever they deem fit. Power and wealth has provided them with the illusion of their omnipotence. Moreover, for these small fries, the worst but most effective way to destroy them is not to take away their possessions or ruin their reputation since they have not much to begin with but their precious lives, which they struggle so hard for.

However, to award SK and JG a similar death verdict for all the bad deeds they have done over the years would be too simple a sentence for them. I doubt their deaths would even make them comprehend the significance of what they have done. The first step to their full appreciation and reflection on their deeds is to make them lose something close to their hearts. That would have to be the reputation/image that they have so painstakingly built up over the years and everything they have in their possessions. For someone who has dedicated his entire life to the above two aims, it can be a defeat that is devastating enough to destroy them mentally.

When I mention tarnished reputations, I am not thinking about public humiliation or shame (as I believe their hide is thick enough to overcome it) but the fact that they have lost all credibility and integrity to integrate into the society again. Not only are they at the mercy of others to give them a second chance, they also have to give themselves a second stab at life again. I believe this is where the real difficulty and hence, punishment lie, for SK and JG, that is. For they who have enjoyed everything that their riches and wealth have to offer, can they overcome their huge ego, bear with the hardship and restart their lives again?

It's interesting how despite the three different parenting styles (the Chairman, JG and HS) the children experience, KS, JI and Hyuk's reactions are almost similar when they encounter issues such as injustice. It makes one wonder sometimes if a bad character is inherent in a person or nurtured by the environment.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@evok, @gaeinalee -- thanks for the recommendations.. have added them to my list of dramas to watch when there is a drama drought..

one of the most memorable revenge dramas, though it wouldn't be classified as such, would be "Gumiho: tale of the fox's child" -- it wasnt one of those dramas with a huge following but I found it absolutely moving and poignant even though it was a fantasy/horror sageuk. has anyone seen it?

Guest Morwena

@GaeinaLee: hey dear.^^ Yes, I am who you think I am. :-) (This sounds so pompuous, as if we were members of some secret society or something :-)) )I am so happy to encounter fellow V members on soompi. :-) Anyway, I really love chatting with all of you ladies, this thread is just like a big family.^^

Recaps of Ep. 19 of IOM. credit: Dramabeans
(Spoiler alert: Don't read this if you haven't watched ep. 19)

http://www.dramabeans.com/2013/04/incarnation-of-money-episode-19/

@toprakkrall, i just want to say I love the IOM fan arts that you're posting.
I will be going back to copy most of them and post them at our page.
Thank you very much.

@lmangla, is it the KBS 1? If so, I've watched that while it's aired few years ago in KBSW.. Oh, if Sageuk count, Arang is also on the list, The Moon The Sun and the Disappointed Viewers also have some memorable moment during revengey scenes. Hmmm what else? I'll let you know when I can think straight.. am energy drained atm.

Hwang Jung Eum's "Incarnation of Money" hair style
translated by pechumori  4/9/13

564197_509230339134008_324051015_n.jpg

533719_509230815800627_818104567_n.jpg

The "Incarnation of Money" Hwang Jung Hair style. Nifty hair. The attractive hair style of Hwang Jung Eum that appeared in the SBS drama, "Incarnation of Money",so cute and beautiful. I'm showing off the result. In particular, the short hair cut was made to create a cute and saucy Hwang Jung Eum hairstyle that is really attractive.

The short bobbed hair style grows on the celebrities. With a combination of distinctive looks and cute bobbed hair, it gives a change of image.

Impression determines a person's looks and can play an important role. The impression of a person's hairstyle can dictate character.

The bobbed hairstyle of Hwang Jung Eum in "Incarnation of Money" utilizes a rich sense of volume which can easily be seen. Styling enriches the volume. In addition to the volume, brown hair color was added to the sassy style. Itis important that the hairstyle is in harmony with the shape of the face and the person's facial features. The face may look smaller depending on the styling of the hair.

The style of short hair cuts depend on the type of a person's face. It may vary from person to person. You may end up with a wrong procedure. It is recommended that clients consult first with the stylist.

If you want an "Incarnation of Money" Hwang Jung Eum hairstyle consult GANZI HAIR SALON.
credit: naver

529181_509231075800601_304201673_n.jpg

564575_509231349133907_1173288279_n.jpg

482791_509231525800556_1062699258_n.jpg

source: Incarnation of Money 돈의 화신 FB

Kang Ji Hwan's "Heart shaped hairstyle" for IOM
translated by pechumori 4/9/13

72127_509778719058344_1726197000_n.jpg

The bangs line has a unique style. It's a dandy cut fashion. Kang Ji Hwan's hairstyle is thoroughly calculated with a good character and style. Cute, chic and dandy. But time slows down again because Lee Cha Don in "Incarnation of Money" will change his character due to revenge. Every now and then, the bangs can be mounted in many ways. An ever changing hairstyle.

For Kang Ji Hwan's hairstyle, clippers were used, not scissors to produce a clean cut. His haircut was done at Salon de Shym.
credit: naver
source: Kang Ji Hwan 강지환 FB

@Pechumori When I read your post about IOM fashion and brands I always little bit suprised..like places, their outlooks, even the things they eat sponsored by loads of brands. Its like they filmed this drama with free of charge.
A lot of brand support them. Its little too much for me soo much commercial but ıts nice to see that they trusted to quality and success of this drama! ;)

@evok, to be honest, every time i do my research, i am pleasantly surprised to see all these things. When you watch the drama, you wouldn't notice it, but their names are written at the credits at the end of the show, from items as small as earrings to things as big as cars. It's an exchange deal that has been happening in the industry, the companies provide the goods that the show needs and in turn their products are given a lot of exposure in the drama series. Take for instance the case of Cafe Yoger Presso where they usually meet to have coffee. More people frequented the cafe after IOM used it in several episodes. So everybody wins in the end. I have so much more to post, it's just that the accompanying article takes some time to write and uploading the pictures at facebook slows me down.

Regarding the viewership of IOM, here's what I would like to share with you, @kaeruchan and @krgirl87.

In Korea, the ratings of "Incarnation of Money" maybe fluctuating but in Japan and China, its popularity is rising due to the Hallyu star position of Kang Ji Hwan. In China, "Incarnation of Money" has become the number one most popular drama being broadcasted in Yukuhashi (www.youku.com), China's largest movie downloading site. Kang Ji Hwan's popularity in China started after his first lead role in a drama series,
"Be Strong Geum Soon" was shown there.
by pechumori 4/9/13
reference: nate

150429_509794352390114_1634695541_n.jpg

In addition to the article above, this is what i have gathered in my daily research. Just a few days after an episode is aired, say one or two, a link is already provided for them in which they can watch IOM with Chinese subtitles. In Japan, since KJH is very popular there too, he has a fan who is fluent in both Japanese and Korean who watches the live streaming and later on posts the recaps in Japanese on her blog for the other fans to know what has happened, something similar to what we have here. The Japanese fans later on watch the drama at the sites that provide English subs. Before, a drama series only becomes popular outside of Korea, after it has been aired locally. But now, the interest towards this show is rising not only in Asia, but in different countries as well.

I love this show and the ratings don't really matter to me. However it is still considered as IOM news and there are readers who are still curious to know how the show fared, that's why I post it.

A look at Choi Yeo Jin aka Jeon Ji Hoo of IOM
There's more to her than meets the eyes.

This article was released last year. I am posting it so that you would have an idea regarding the impressive background of "Ji Hoo".

class="entry-title"Choi Yeo Jin shows off her prize car from ‘Dancing with the Stars 2′ by ejchoe - Aug 6, 2012 at 8:57 pm

164626_509462125777496_430389414_n.jpg

Choi Yeo Jin and her partner from ‘Dancing with the Stars 2‘ have been presented with their prize for being crowned the winners on the show.

The Gangnam branch of the Toyota dealership recently presented the winning duo with a new Camry and a Toyota 86 sports car as part of their grand prize. The keys to Choi Yeo Jin’s ‘Toyota 86′ and her partner Park Ji Woo‘s Camry were handed to them by president of Toyota Korea, making the occasion even more special.

The actress and her partner competed against 11 other teams of celebrity-dancer couples in the many genres of dance, annd managed to come out on top as the victors.

credit: allkpop

Here is a sample of Choi Yeo Jin's performance at Dancing with the stars 2.

Brief background

Choi Yeo-jin was born in Korea, but after her parents divorced, they emigrated to Canada when she was in the first year of middle school. She dreamed of becoming a ballerina, but had to give that up after her family went through some financial difficulties.

She debuted in the entertainment business via the Super Elite Model Contest held in Canada in 2001. Upon returning to Korea, she has since starred in several television series and films, notably Surgeon Bong Dal-hee, Golden Bride, My Woman, More Charming by the Day and I Need Romance.

In 2012 she gained popularity due to her stint on reality show Dancing with the Stars, taking the top spot six times out of 11 competitions. Choi said, "Viewers like my dancing more than my acting. I was kind of frustrated as an actress because I always played the same kind of characters and ended up projecting stereotypes, which could bore viewers. But now I'm much happier because I can turn into a glamorous dancer every time I get on stage.
credit: wikipedia

529443_509467309110311_508051668_n.jpg

photo credit: naver
source:  Incarnation of Money 돈의 화신 FB

SBS weekend drama "Incarnation of Money" to showcase Ford Lincoln models
translated by pechumori
This article was released in 2/19/13

SBS weekend drama "Incarnation of Money" which began airing last February 2, 2013 has been showcasing Ford Lincoln model cars. "Incarnation of Money" is an already popular drama about a man who lost everything valuable to him because of money. It is also a satire which deals with lobbying and corruption in the current social conditions. "Incarnation of Money" is the final installment of the trilogy coming from the same team that created such hits as "Giant" and "History of a Salary Man".

The Seoul Central District Prosecutors' Office Special Forces Chief prosecutor JI Se Kwang (Park Sang min) is using the 2013 All-New Fusion, Ford Europe which was born from the dynamic and stylish' Kinetic. Armed with state-of-the-art technology, such as design and pods of downsizing technology, a core eco-boost engine, and lane departure prevention system in a midsize sedan.

537882_509554239101618_2061826706_n.jpg  

At the same time, clearly indicating the drama between good and evil, the model with gray color is introduced, especially for the male lead, Lee Cha Don (Kang Ji Hwan)

The female lead, Hwang Jung Eum has selected the 2013 New Lincoln MKS, a Lincoln flagship sedan with high-quality craftsmanship and state-of-the-art technology combined for the obese Bok Jae In. Synonymous with American muscle car, it boasts a charismatic appearance. An intense 'new' Mustang that will be her secondary Car is expected to emerge.

165467_509553902434985_1093316242_n.jpg

556051_509554322434943_847472174_n.jpg
In addition, the Seoul Central District Prosecutors 'Office special forces Jeon Ji Hoo's car (Choi Yeo Jin) is also armed with a variety of state-of-the-art features such as a hands-free lift that opens the trunk. A smart SUV' 2013 All-New Escape will be shown. The Ford marketing personnel in Korea, expected to showcase the distinctive features and a wide range of Ford car models to more travelers through the drama, "Incarnation of Money", "he said.

553090_509554435768265_8575884_n.jpg

Ford, on the other hand, has already sponsored such dramas as "Rooftop Prince", the "Lovers of Haeundae" and the "Vampire Prosecutor". Although it stopped airing in May last year, thanks to the popularity of the SBS drama "Rooftop Prince" with top actress Han Ji Min and Hallyu star JYJ Yoochun the advertising effort of Ford was successful.

credit: autocstory.tistory
source:  Incarnation of Money 돈의 화신 FB

Guest loveoppayam

I read all the post here. Wow such a detail info about the fashion, brand, cars and furniture which is used in this film. I like CDs car, it looks luxury and manly.

BTW about the IOM, now I really sick looking of prosecutor SK. He only look for people mistakes and forget about his. His pride and revenge close his eyes from love his father teach. It is because his father loves him so much, he sacrifice his life being jailed until he die. But SK only grow anger and evil in his mind, never once he built an honest relationship.

I remember those sentences which were talked by Cha Don "law build by human always bring evil, but law built by God always bring peace."

There are a lot of falsely crime made by law and politics over the world. Not that I am pessimistic, but IOM just a miniature of what truly happen in this world.

IOM writer and director I give you 100 out of 100.

I am waiting for the next episode. Hope the bad guy will be punished according to their sin.

Archived