[Drama 2013] Incarnation of Money 돈의 화신

Guest nozomikizumi

I also want to share this for people who interested our lead actress Hwang Jung Eum. Maybe you know this but she started as a singer in a 2003 girl group "Sugar" then her acting career started

Sugar (슈가) was a Korean girl group. Their 2003 singles "TAKE IT SHAKE IT" and "real identity" were the opening and ending theme songs respectively for season 1 of the highly popular anime "Kaleido Star". However, they had mediocre success in the South Korean market. Their last album has seen them go through an image and style change, as members have been changed. The album had less "cute pop" material and instead focused on rock songs and midtempo ballads. However, their albums did not have high sales. Since then, Soo Jin has left the group, and Hwang Jung Eum has gone on to have a solo career. On December 20, 2006, KBS World Radio announced that the group had officially disbanded.[1] All members have since branched into acting and musical efforts.

I think they are not bad at all but I 'm happy she left them and start to her actinh career. she is very good at acting!...

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the video, @evok. HJE gave us a sample of her vocal prowess when she was singing while being pushed by KJH on the wheelchair.

KJH likes girl groups. His current favorite is Girls Generation. Two of his former leading ladies also came from girl groups, Sung Yu Ri from FinKL (his co star in Hong Gil Dong and Runway Cop) and Yoon Eun Hye from Baby V.O.X. (his co-star in Lie to Me)

Kanghamsa sent 150 servings of gift bags to the "Incarnation of Money" staff and crew
translated by pechumori   2013.04.11

563761_510286925674190_861693228_n.jpg

Yesterday during the filming, a delicious lunch for 150 people was delivered to the actors and staff of "Incarnation of Money" by Kang Ji Hwan's Korean fan club, KangHamsa to show their extraordinary affection. The weather was cold and the actors and staff  had a meal in a pleasant atmosphere which consisted of laughter. Kang Ji Hwan took shots throughout the meal with the pleasing look of a child. He expressed gratitude by having his picture taken with the fans and having a friendly conversation. The official said, "Even in the toughest shooting schedules Kang Ji Hwan never fails to smile to lighten the mood of the staff. He is grateful for the surprise gift his fans sent the team"
credit: daum
(Photo by Popcorn Film Marketing)

As a token of gratitude to the fans who brought food yesterday, KJH posed to have his picture taken with the fans. Kanghamsa also gave out commemorative towels to the staff bearing KJH's image and the words, "Money Money".
credit: stardailynews

559907_510295669006649_949610785_n.jpg

source:  Incarnation of Money 돈의 화신 FB

An IOM trivia:
Did you know that IOM is a reunion drama for Kang Ji Hwan and Choi Yeo Jin after working together in Capital Scandal? KJH was the lead star of "Capital Scandal" while Choi Yeo Jin had a cameo role.
credit:
@vsaintschoosetobehappy

547860_556689291018795_1266262614_n.jpg

To continue what @evok already did about Hwang Jung Eum, here in my spare time I'll give you more things about her, in case there are you who want to knows more about Jung Eum  (new fans b'coz of IOM):

18th position in Forbes Korea's Top 40 Power Celebrities:

http://seoulbeats.com/2011/02/forbes-koreas-top-40-power-celebrities/

One of CF Queen (6th rank):

http://www.soompi.com/2011/06/14/who-are-the-top-7-male-and-female-cf-stars/

20th position in 50 prettiest celebrities in Korea:

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/08/y-star-ranks-the-most-beautiful-stars-in-korea

8th and 9th position in Korea's sexiest celebrities:

http://hallyu8.com/topic/30357-female-celebrities-with-the-most-wanted-abs/

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/04/mnets-idol-chart-show-ranks-the-top-20-idol-bodies

7th position in Korea's richest idols:

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/05/top-20-idols-ranked-in-terms-of-income

And here the list of awards she's already got:

2011 MBC Drama Awards: Mini Series Excellence Award, Actress (Can You Hear My Heart)
    2010 3rd Korea Drama Awards: Popularity Award (High Kick Through the Roof)
    2010 SBS Drama Awards: New Star Award (Giant)
    2010 SBS Drama Awards: Best Couple Award with Joo Sang Wook (Giant)
    2010 Barbie & Ken Awards: Korean Barbie
    2010 46th Baeksang Arts Awards: Best New Actress Award (High Kick Through the Roof)
    2009 MBC Entertainment Awards: Female Comedy/Sitcom Newcomer Award (High Kick Through the Roof)
    2009 MBC Entertainment Awards: Female Variety Newcomer Award
    2009 Mnet 20's Choice Awards: Hot Couple with Kim Young Jun

Of all the idols/singers turned actresses, she's among the best.

And while we're at it, for @pechumori, here few more examples of HJE's singing in dramas:

in  GIANT:

in  Can You Hear My Heart?

pechumori said: An IOM trivia:
Did you know that IOM is a reunion drama for Kang Ji Hwan and Choi Yeo Jin after working together in Capital Scandal? KJH was the lead star of "Capital Scandal" while Choi Yeo Jin had a cameo role.
credit:
@vsaintschoosetobehappy

547860_556689291018795_1266262614_n.jpg

@evok, since IOM is presented to us by the same team as Giant and History of a Salaryman, a lot of the actors were also used here. However they were given a different hairstyle. I came across the picture of the cast of both dramas plus IOM, and you will recognize some familiar faces.

@sammy23, you are welcome. I also posted the picture that you mentioned here earlier, the one where he gamely posed for the fans who brought food for the staff. It's true, he was wearing a blue uniform with a number sewn on the upper left of the shirt. If you will also check out the picture where he was eating the food given by the fans, you will see a lot of men wearing blue uniform. Therefore, your guess is right, Lee Cha Don will go to Jail.Se Kwang would probably be happy over that triumph. Let's wait and see how he would be able to get out.

I got into this one very late but the thread has helped me play catch-up.
Thanks, Evok, for the cute photos of Park Sang-min & HJE from Giant. He so deserves a juicy, sleek role like this, & he's made the most of it. Se-kwang almost (almost) makes up for what the writers did to him in Giant. 'Course I guess any good actor would get a kick out of turning from a tough hero into a blithering idiot.

Guest loveoppayam

@cahya wow HJE is one of the most rich celebrities.

@pechumori thanks for the video ^^

I wonder how the members of this forum explain the fashion of the actress/actor so detail? Any drama crew here? ;)

Guest sammy23

@pechumori  You are right. I looked again at those pictures, those men are all wearing jail outfit.  The next episodes are gonna be very interesting. 

I like this drama so so so much :). I got all obsessed over KJH over again. It's so frustrating, I think this is his best role in all his drama's and his chemistry with HJE is just wow. I hope to see him getting marry in the next few years because honestly speaking it is a waste of such genetics walking out there without having kids :P

I cant wait for ep 20 and its sad it is nearly ending :(

Archived