[Drama 2013] Incarnation of Money 돈의 화신

Guest nozomikizumi

Guest farstrep

iom131_zpsf63edb49.jpg

This scene stands out in Episode 13. The gradual change from daylight to twilight symbolizes the dimming of one's life and foreshadows Gi Soon's eventual death. The yellow hues of the setting sun and Kang Seok and his mother's short-lived reunion make the entire scene a poignant but bittersweet memory. The emotions are accentuated with Gi Soon's brief speech to Kang Seok, which demonstrates the depth of her love for him. It doesn't matter that she has lived a decade long life of hardship, misery and injustice. Her only wish is for her son's well-being, that he leads a fulfilling and peaceful life as a successful lawyer and she would be very happy if he can accomplish that.

iom132_zpsbe21d6b5.jpg

iom133_zps5c355f3c.jpg

iom134_zpsf91fcbc0.jpg

Kang Seok is well aware of the consequences of his revenge and that his journey would be fraught with obstacles and risks and does not wish his two sidekicks to be implicated. I love how they stick with him despite the danger it entails. Even though the villains are constantly seen convening together, I still see them as separate entities instead of one tightly knitted group. They are only bounded to one another because of the deeds they have committed in the past and not because of true loyalty like what Kang Seok's sidekicks have exhibited.

iom142_zps471e55d7.jpg

On another note, the writer is very good at creating cliffhangers. :P I can't wait for Episode 15.

iom141_zps3787b0a8.jpg

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dredz

To the writers, directors and the whole cast & staff and lastly, our KJH,  of IOM, i commend you for creating such a powerful, almost perfect drama series. Every scene was scrutinily done. Amazing job! :-bd
On ep14, just as expected, CD has studied very well his every move he has to undertake. With the help of his manager and secretary, together, they would fullfill their mission and that is to crash every single person who had put CD's life miserable. He thinks ahead of his enemies'  and never left a single detail taken for granted, hence, prevented his rivals to get what they wanted, that is, to catch the "real" Lee Kang Seok. Very clever move! Only a smart Lee Cha Don could do it. 
And it seemed that every situation has come to CD's favor! I love the scene where he chats with the general (sorry i forgot his name^^) and tried to manipulate his mind by implying that there might be someone from his side trying to frame up him. And when CD checked the computer box and learned who was driving the car, wow, i just love his mischievous smile! It's so Lee Cha Don!
@pechumori, so your hunch is correct, my friend! 
His words of  revenge are so powerful that would literally strike his enemies' heart. And SK has finally felt it for the very first time that indeed, he's finally back! Lee Kang Seok is back to avenge! You could really feel SK's anger. He really wanted to kill CD with his own bare hands!  
But of course, SK & his team would not allow it, thus they would do everything with their powers to stop Lee Kang Seok's plan to topple them.
But the most tricky of all, is without knowing it,  the person they have been trying to catch is just within reach, and how they will going to find out, that is yet remain to be seen...

As much as I love the awesome Kang Ji Hwan, could those who post unrelated photos maybe do that on his own thread?
I like the photos, but coming to the thread with every notification to see things that are unrelated to the show is a bit taxing.

I do appreciate you all posting these, but they are just not in the right thread unless they are 'Incarnation of Money'-related.

Hope I'm not offending anyone, but I'm just stating facts.

My apologies, @orion and @nobuyukijohn, posting the activities of the stars of drama
while the show is being filmed is being practiced in other drama and movie threads as well. Even at the IOM sites where I gather my news, they post those events because the readers are curious about the life of the actors involved. Even the clothes, bags and makeup worn by the leads of IOM were featured in those sites. Until now, IOM is not being discussed much by the English sites that post articles about Korean drama, so if we base our posts on just the drama itself, this thread would be half empty. I was about to feature Park Ji Bin attending a recent social gathering, but I guess, you wouldn't want to see that. I would limit my posts to purely IOM materials, as you wish. For the other readers who would want to see the activities of the stars of IOM, you can read them at our Facebook page. Thank you.

If they are series-related, I understand posting about them. Just like clothes the characters wear are indeed part of a show.

But activities of the actors that are not related to the series can easily be viewed on their own threads, for those who do like the cast and choose to learn more about them. Or then maybe put them in spoiler tags so that those who just want to read about this series and not general issues don't have huge posts to go through and big loading times to wait for. ;)

Orion said: If they are series-related, I understand posting about them. Just like clothes the characters wear are indeed part of a show.

But activities of the actors that are not related to the series can easily be viewed on their own threads, for those who do like the cast and choose to learn more about them. Or then maybe put them in spoiler tags so that those who just want to read about this series and not general issues don't have huge posts to go through and big loading times to wait for. ;)

Archived