[Drama 2013] Incarnation of Money 돈의 화신

Guest nozomikizumi

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@GaeinaLee, i'm having a bad internet connection as well. So, I gave up too.

@ck10z, I really am enjoying the show and I'm thankful for the great job the subbers
are doing for all of us. :-bd 

Don't worry too much about your fan arts. It is more important for the viewers to
understand the drama. It's so hard to watch without subs, you end up guessing
what happened  ;)

Guest farstrep

I just boarded the train for IOM, so I would be slightly behind you guys. So if you can bear with me... The first two episodes are amazing and I would like to share with you guys a few scenes that have captured my attention.

The opening act is in a class of its own.

iom1_zpsc1e02386.jpg

Nobody but an insignificant bug finds the gold bar which is half hidden in the brown earth.

iom2_zps534bb675.jpg

The next minute, we see the workers at the construction site greedily rushing for the wads of money flying in the air and fervently grabbing as much cash as they can. It seems to be making a dig at the materialistic society nowadays - how people are always seeking the laziest and easiest (and sometimes, illegal) way to earn the most money. However, the irony is the best and most stable form of money that one can receive is through hard work. Had the workers been more diligent and observant, they would have spied the gold bar half hidden in the earth and that itself is worth more than the wads of money they can stuff into their pockets.

iom3_zps0ef97c15.jpg

Another scene that has my full attention is the the possessions that the Chairman has. Everything about them simply spell extravagance. Even if his son turns out to be a wastrel and can't work to support himself, the riches and wealth the Chairman owns is enough to support him and his next generation. But fear not for Kang Seok isn't a wastrel. He is a bright witty kid and his mother is an understanding, self-assured woman who loves her son to bits. On the surface, it looks like a happy family but that's also where the beautiful fairy tale ends.

iom4_zpsde8de431.jpg

The Chairman is having an affair with a young wannabe and is not afraid to flaunt the fact in his wife's face. He deems her a money-grubber and even harbors thoughts of kicking her out of the house, though he doesn't do that for the sake of their son. The Chairman's wife has to bear the humiliation quietly and takes medication to ease the immense stress she is under so that her son would not find out about the affair and be hurt in the process.

Every beautiful or ugly deed is laid bare for the TV viewers to see, suggesting that even with all the world's riches, nobody can enjoy eternal happiness without experiencing some of the nasties that accompany it. Not even the Chairman.

When the Chairman discovers his mistress sleeping around with his aide, he immediately hatches a plan to kill them for their betrayal. A reaction that reeks of excess here. I am certain there are better ways to punish the two without staining his hands red with blood. What in the world makes him think he can get away with murder? Having loads of money has allowed him to get almost everything he wants in his life and probably lulled him into a false sense of security and made him feel more powerful than he actually is.

Just some random thoughts I have while watching the first 2 episodes. I'm off to marathon the rest of the episodes, and hopefully, catch up with you guys by next week. :)

I was kind of hoping that somebody else would answer the question about today's episode before me but, as nobody did, I'd try to do it - as I watch it, so please be pacient.
You know that my korean is kind of limited, right?
It starts with CD entering the room and seeing SK. ...
Sk asks CD if he knows who the Ex master is. he smirks, and tells him that he will look into it.SK: There's not need, I'll personally take care of it.CD: Then do that...
CD gets out of the room and his friend (never knew his name, so I'll just call him his friend) tells him that he shouldn't take the money for the next deal is worried, but CD says the inspector doesn't know yet that he is the Ex Master. 
He's in the sauna with his friend (who is complaining about the heat).
They meet "manager Kim", his friend takes manager Kim's locker key and goes out, but somebody is watching him.
Suddently, prosecutor Jo Sang Deuk (the one who was on the mayor's side) calls his friend as he was going to put a checkbook in president Kim's locker. He messed the plans of the guy following him and tells CD's friend to warn CD.
CD is in Jo Sang Deuk's office and JSD is angry at him for not listening. JSD tells CD to cut all ties with those who were paying him, and CD says it's not that simple... in the end JSD tells him to be aware of SK. "If you make one more mistake, I won't let you be."

I know this guy is corrupt, but he seems to care for CD. maybe because he would also go down?
Prosecutor JH is t the scene crime of the lawyer, laying down where the body was. Reporter Go goes there and says something about it being a suicide, but she says that somebody who plans to commit suicide doesn't buy a plane ticket. And the cellphone (I've almost written handphone :)) ) has also dissapeared. She tells the police officer her colleague to call for backups to find his phone. So the policemen are looking for the guy's phone (wouldn't that lead to CD?)

She gets a call telling her to go drinking with the other prosecutors, so she does. JSD tries really hard to please Park Jae Kyu (the chief prosecutor or whatever he is.). 
CD is in the bathroom trying to wake himself up. When he comes back the president from the church stops him asking what happend with the problem he'd told him about.
That's when the good looking young prosecutor gets out and CD tries to cover it.

CD at his "money house" with his friend and an accountant?! He's calculating the money.
He asks his friend if he's looked into Silver Rain, and his friend says something about it belonging to Angelina. CD tells his friend to ask something from a the president from the church but his friend warnes him and the accountant does the same. CD says this is the last time and tells him to check on Angelina.

Angelina is out shopping with and for SK, who "doesn't have time for a fashion show" (is there anybody surprised?)
She asks him a favor related to the building president Kim wants. but he tells her to take care of her own problems (I know, right? it's not big enough for him). She says she does it for him, but he says being a prosecutor is enough for him. "You are bit going to stop at being a prosecutor. Do you think I don't know you? EDIT: You're going to enter into politics." (For the first time she is right). So in the end he says he'll look into it...
She tries to kiss him, and he just leans towards her and gets up (they were sitting face to face). :D And can she still laugh?!

They are all talking in the meeting room and CD suggests something that surprises SK and the good looking prosecutor (like following the terms of the contract, but it's like he already knows the content of it). i can't tell you too much about this, as I don't understand all the terms, but Sk ends up praising CD and tells the other prosecutors to learn from him.

Jae In comes to see proseutor Ji Se Kwang. 
Kwon Hyuk (the good looking one, I've found his name as was too embarasing to write "the good looking one" every time he said something) So Kwon Hyuk asks Sk why he did that. He seems to be after CD and yes, he knows he is the Ex Master. He purposely brought him into the team.
And Jae In finds him... She just grabs him - Jae In style - and tells him to give her her money. :D Kwon Hyuk: This agassi must be crazy...JI: Yes, I am crazy!JI: My money...my money!!! while holding both of them by the collar.

CD in JH's office. I think he asks about the lawyer and he tells her to forget it. Of course she says no, he asks if she needs help, she asks if he isn't bussy on the new job. Of couse he isn't... so she asks her to go for lunch.
Ji has calmed down and she's talking with SK in the hall.(I'd like to see SK falling for SK - Yes, I know he could be her father, but it would be funny).He asks how much it is, she gives him the receipt and he says he'd take care of it (Don't believe him! He never means it when he says that! OK, I've warned her...)He finally almost recognizes her and she asks her if they met before, so she thinks he's making a move on her.

Archived