[Drama 2012/13] My Love , Butterfly Lady 내 사랑 나비부인

mekeo117

Text previews for this coming weekend are now on the SBS site.

Episode 19

Curious about Cheon Gi's intended bride, his mother and Na Bi visit his school, but Soo Jeong, anxious that the two may recognize her face, beats a hasty retreat.

Na Bi, summoned to see him by the drama PD, goes to the place he names but is surprised to encounter Jae Woo there.

Meanwhile, Sol Ah, fearful that Jae Woo may find out about Jeong Wook's death, asks Sam Goo to send him away on a trip.

Episode 20

To make Na Bi's misfortunes still worse, when the assault charges against Na Bi cause the drama filming to be delayed. the production company sues her for damages.

While Na Bi is being held in custody for police investigations, Woo Jae frantically looks for every way to help, but realizing he has insufficient power, he turns to Sam Goo and asks for his assistance.

Meanwhile, Na Bi comes across the envelope containing the background check material on Jeong Wook that she once asked for.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@baduy, thank you, thank you, thank you for all the information.

Edit: It looks like NB will have even more probs heading her way. Can the girl catch a break? I was actually hoping that SA would face a couple more obstacles in her endless goal of bringing NB down.

Watched ep 18.  This eps has a few angst-filled moments that tugged my heart string and made me a bit teary.  First there was WJ's confession.  They could have used a bit more close-ups on WJ's face when he sat in the car.  PYW performed very well in this scene.  I felt his frustration and that painful feeling of the person who fell for someone he shouldn't but at the same time his expressions were realistic and not overwhelmingly dramatic which is a good thing.  Then there's the scene when NB dropped the script after hearing that WJ left.  She felt bad for him and cried.  She missed him sitting at the table working on making shoes.  As they passed by each other, they had to ignore each other.  Those moments were emphasized by a nice bgm that worked really well with the feel of the scene.

I've always rated PYW highly in his ability of playing different range but I think he excels in comedy and playing cool/badass characters.  I'm trying to get used to see him playing gentle good guys.  He isn't smoking hot but there's something charming about him.

The character of NB is getting more likeable.  I think I'm cool with her now.  But I still can't deal with the mother yet.  Someone still needs to kill her or send her to boot camp or get her out of my hair somehow.  She and the saxophone player dude can go off to see the world for all I care.

I think SA's cousin has reasons for not wanting to get married.  She may have health problem or something.  So it's not that she doesn't want to get married to her first love but she can't.  Impulse makes her run to her man but reality keeps her from really getting to him.  Here's another internal conflict.

Guest cupcakedarling

@baduy thank you for spoilers :D After reading the spoiler, I'm afraid that in exchange for his help Sam Goo will force WJ to marry crazy SA. I hope that is not the case [-X

I wouldn't worry too much about that one, at least not over a longer span.  As I tried to indicate in my recap, I get a distinct sense that Sam Goo is now coming to look on both Sol Ah and Na Bi in a different light and sense the agendas behind Sol Ah's nicey-niceness to him and bitterness towards Na Bi. There's a shrewdness underneath his gruff bossiness that is much more akin to his younger son's outlook (despite the dramatic contrast in manner between father and "grand"son) than it is to that of his pathetic eldest son who is useless in everything except playing the saxophone and charming silly ajumas without actually wanting to. [but I do wish they'd recruited a sax player to 'ghost' those performances who didn't play quite so well. I'm not asking for wrong notes all over the place, but I do find such apparently effortless mastery of a very taxing instrument implausible in someone who doesn't even dare practice much, in case  wifey finds out he's still indulging his youthful passion in secret instead of being thrustingly executive in the boardroom.]

Guest cupcakedarling

@baduy thanks for your thought. Hope Sam Goo will know soon enough that SA is not a perfect daughter in law he thinks she is.

I just realized that Seol Ah drives two cars. 8X

Anyways, yeah like in my last commentary, I still really don't get why Na Bi doesn't bring up Seol Ah to her family, namely her mom and in-laws, who all still think Seol Ah is a good person. I'm waiting for Seol Ah to get her richard simmons whooped somewhere down the line.

And I was pretty thrown off by the end of Episode 18....this one's gonna throw the drama into another direction now. I commend the writers for their work thus far though because I saw "My Love, Butterfly Lady" going downhill a few episodes ago. But please make Na Bi smarter already...it astounds me how she doesn't say some things some times.

Quick report on ep 19, as just screened....

At end of ep, charred remains of Roy/JW positively identified by Na Bi, father in law and senior brother-in-law at Hong Kong morgue. So that's him out of the way.

Before we get there, through a long sequence of people leaving just before someone else arrives plus chance overhearings through doors etc, strongly reminiscent of a Feydeau farce (but meant to be harrowingly tearful, not unintentionally comic) the awful news gets to all the wrong people in the wrong order in the wrong way, causing the maximum amount of anguish all around, including the events foretold on tomorrow's spoiler (i.e. NB is going to be charged with criminal assault for busting her rival's nose job when she gets the bad news first via her taunting mouth and lays into her her for what she thinks must be a cruel joke. That's going to wreck the drama shooting schedule, cheese off the sponsors and so  land NB with a civil suit as well.

A few more things you need to know that can't be guessed from the raws, but I'll add those in later.

Sorry folks, the gas company (don't ask) just cut through my phone/TV cable, so I'm stuck on a bad joke of a GSM modem on my cellphone phone for now. They're supposed to be fixing it overnight, so I hope to dish the dirt on ep 19 tomorrow, hopefully before it's time to see what ep 20 brings. Unless they wire my Internet connection up to the kitchen cooker, that is.

Roy will be back. The old identify the body by the personal effects plus they didn't show the face, which means it was to badly damaged. When NB saw the wedding ring she ID him as Roy. Then the previews showed the burned wallet with his ID in it. I can see the fight holding up the production of the drama and I can even see them blaming NB, but given the circumstances who could blame her. The writer could use this as a device to put NB back on top, fist news leaks why NB punched JY, then JY gets so much bad press and all the support goes to NB. JY gets fired and NB becomes the star. NB is a hit and the dough comes rolling in, thus leaving SA with not so much power over NB's life. Now she will be on more equal footing during this long battle.
NB was so right last week when she told SA that she is not doing these things to her because of her brother she doing it because of WJ. However I don't think it is truly because SA love WJ as much as it's about her twisted view of NB and the idea that NB could have something she has decided she wants again. Truth be told she didn't break up with WJ because he wasn't there she broke up with him because she had already moved into destroy NB mode and there was no part for WJ to play.
Poor thing I hope she can get some help

after watching ep.20 via streaming

at first untill midle, i was so boring coz from that the ep.20 is about the funeral of Kim Jung Wook, Nam Na Bi and Jung Wook prepare everything for funeral, and the police came to their house, i think its about kim jung wook death, i need subs

and Yoon Seol Ah visit na bi's in law house to give her sympathy ( i dont think so, hehehe) for jung wook death, at the front house, she met Lee Woo Jae , and i think ( i am guessing this, i dont speak korean language) Lee woo jae is trying to make seol ah to not came to inside nabi house, but seol ah still came in along with woo jae. in that house, na bi ask seol ah to talk private, and na bi is showing some a paper or a document to seol ah, i dont know what it is, but na bi face is seem very angry beside sad

after that, lee woo jae is driving na bi and her mother in law into some place. after arrive, na bi and her family in law spread the ashes of  jung wook in a river

na bi has try to suicide, i mean she was really sad, and nearly came into inside river, to join with jung wook ashes, but na bi mother in law arrive in time and save her, and both of them are crying together and hug together in middle of river

and the suprise thing : at airport, in international airport, there is a man who look exactly same like kim jung wook ( i am really sure that the main is kim jung wook) is came, with good style , and i hear some woman voice ( they dont show us the face, only voice, ) who calling " honey ), i think, i am not sure, correct me if i was wrong. and after hear that, kim jung wook turn around his head and open his sunglassess

continue for next week without preview for ep.21

Guest cupcakedarling

I feel sorry for WJ after seeing NB cries at the morgue. She really loves her Roy :(( @baduy hope your problem will be fixed soon. We are waiting for your full summaries as always ;)

Archived