[Drama 2012/13] Childless Comfort 무자식 상팔자

Guest miguel09

I'm very interested in this drama since it has such high ratings, but I hesitate to start it with only 16 episodes subbed so far.  I'm sure there are others like me that could have a lively discussion if the subs kept coming at a good pace, but if we have to wait a month for the next episode, it's not worth your time.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've started and am thoroughly enjoying it after a few episodes.  Some of the subs are "sketchy", but we'll take whatever comes.  I enjoy the "mature" cast since they are real pros .  I think it has had pretty good ratings, and it's not one of the typical "Who's your Daddy/revenge/wandering husband" type stories that dominate K-dramas.  I hope we can get a few interested people to watch and discuss.

This is still one of the best dramas out there.  I hope the subbing gods have mercy on us and keep going!  This is one of the silliest schemes I've seen in a long time.  Very creative.

Have been patiently waiting for the English-subbed episodes and was always delighted when one gets delivered :)

Was so desperate that I actually watched the Chinese-subbed episodes and summoned to memory all the Chinese I gave back to the teachers after I left school (which was eons ago). Not an easy feat as I had to do a lot of guesswork, haha.

Guest thistle12

The site I used for English srt has been removed. Here's hoping that another site gets the files.

• 3 months later...

Hi! Has anyone tried the darksmurfsub subs? Are they good? (I ask because I tried watching another drama that no one else was subbing, and even though it said it was 100% fans translated -with 0% edited + qc edited, mind you- it read like google translate) 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest thistle12

Hmm, good to know that darksmurfsub has picked this up. I haven't seen their subs for this show, but they did all right for something I watched a couple of years ago.

The other site I found does subs in English, but neither English nor Korean is the subber's primary language. Turkish, maybe? Or the hosting site is Turkish. I can PM a link--they seem to have been shut down several times. But they seem to have stopped at ep. 25.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

The subs for episodes 26 & 27 of this excellent drama have now been fully translated and edited on DarkSmurfSub.com.  We have just started working on episode 28.  If anyone is skilled in reading and translating Chinese into English or if you can do a good job of understanding and translating Korean into English, your assistance would be most welcome.  The drama consists of 40 episodes and we have 13 more episodes to translate and edit.  The drama is dialogue intensive and translation help would make this effort go faster.

• 3 months later...

Episode 28 of Childless Comfort is almost completely translated and edited.  You can find it at DarkSmurfSub.com. If you are able to read Chinese or understand Korean, you can help by reviewing the subs and leaving notes in the comments box under each line to correct errors in translation and/or editing. There are only 12 episodes left of this excellent drama to translate and edit.  If you have some spare time and the requisite skills, please start working on episode 29.

Episode 28 of Childless Comfort has been completely edited.  That makes only 12 episodes left for translation and editing of this excellent adult family drama.  If you can read Chinese or understand Korean, please put your skills to use and start translating episode 29.  The work is being done and subs can be found at DarkSmurfSub.com.

• 2 months later...

Episode 29 of Childless Comfort has now been completely translated and edited.  You can now find satisfactory English subs for episodes 26 though 29 at DarkSmurfSub.com.  We are currently working on episode 30.  If you can read Chinese or understand Korean, please put your skills to use and help translate ep. 30.  

denny said: Episode 29 of Childless Comfort has now been completely translated and edited.  You can now find satisfactory English subs for episodes 26 though 29 at DarkSmurfSub.com.  We are currently working on episode 30.  If you can read Chinese or understand Korean, please put your skills to use and help translate ep. 30.  

• 3 weeks later...

We are currently working on subs for Episode 30 of Childless Comfort at DarkSmurfSub.com.  We urgently need translators who can either read Chinese or understand Korean to translate into English.  If you are interested, please start at EDITOR LINE 761.  Your help would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Episode 30 of Childless Comfort has now been completely translated and is almost completely edited.  We will soon be starting episode 31 and translators fluent in reading Chinese or understanding Korean are needed as the episodes are dialogue intensive.  Your help at Darksmurfsub.com would be greatly appreciated.  

The 100% translated and 95% edited subs for episode 30 of Childless Comfort have been lost, thru a glitch, from the DarkSmurfSub.com website.  If anyone downloaded the subs recently and still has them, please PM me.  The thought of having to do all the work anew is daunting!  

Guest ororomunroe

denny said: The 100% translated and 95% edited subs for episode 30 of Childless Comfort have been lost, thru a glitch, from the DarkSmurfSub.com website.  If anyone downloaded the subs recently and still has them, please PM me.  The thought of having to do all the work anew is daunting!  

TY ororomunroe for your reply. Thankfully, all the translated and edited subs from Childless Comfort, Ep. 30, were recovered. The subs for the episode are now 100% translated and edited.  They can be found at DarkSmurfSub.com.  We will soon start working on episode 31.  We have already completed episodes 26 through 30 of this excellent, but dialogue intensive drama:}} Ten more episodes to go.

Archived