[Drama 2013] Jang Ok Jung 장옥정, 사랑에 살다

jerebtang

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tureready

Now Available To Download At FreeKoreanDramas 
EPISODE E02

[RS,HF,DF,FC,UB,BS,FR,RG,HP,GU,FD],[FileFactory,YandexDisk,Mega,2Shared,Zippyshared] -  [720p-HANrel]-[350MB-AVI]

@JungYunho, childhood scenes, falling and catching, bickering, piggy ride, all of them are common in Korean dramas. Still, I enjoy watching them, especially when the actors are my favorites.  
I do not expect this drama to follow the book to the letter.  Most of the Korean historical dramas I've watched do some deviations from the history, itself.  The romantic parts are given special touch to make the drama more appealing to the viewers.  Watching all battles in saeguk bores me.

I cannot wait for more scenes between KTH and YAI! I think they have a good chemistry. It's not sizzling yet but I think it could definitely get there. I am super curious how they would "bend" the course of history here - or just focus on the part before she become super evil and all. It's hard to put out of my mind that Sukbin's son - prince YN eventually becomes King Yeongjo. So I view her as the "winner" here in the 3 way brawl between the King's ladies. I'm really not loving the future Sukbin here. I will have have to say that I am extremely biased. I am a huge sucker for first love stories, especially first love stories involving a king. So hence the "good, not-so-good, depending on who you are" TMETS was one of my favorites. 
With that in mind, I did love the cute childhood portion. I love how, obsessed, our young prince and soon to be king was with Ok Jung. It was just really sweet. I'm sad the ratings went down, but hopefully they will pick up next week. Anyhow, bring on the OTP scenes. I love their awkward but semi-comfortable encounters. I can't wait to see what happens once the King figures out who she really is. I wonder who cracks the case first - the King or her. They are sooo cute together!! It's so hard to not root for them. I hope there are some good times before it all goes down here in the political fight for power.

Guest xtaeheex

ad_fa

said:

do anyone have translation version for character description in first page?

after this,i want to change my banner to jang ok jung banner9gxauh.jpg

THE COOLEST CROWM PRINCE IN HISTORY OF JOSEON KICKS SOME A** AND INSTRUCTS US ON THE PRINCIPLES OF BEING A WORTHY HEIR TO THE THRONE \m/ !!!!!!!!!-A RULE BOOK OF HWANGTAEJA LEE SOON
1. First rule of every Joseon prince: 2980692_zpsc8a2cbb4.gif
"Learn how to fight because most of your subjects wants you dead"
2. A demonstration follows:2980670_zps899c889b.gif2980720_zps55f48234.gif

2980758_zps898d2a65.gif2980792_zps7b3c4445.gif

3. Even the best princes have bad days...2980811_zpsdb83a4cc.gif2983054_zpsb40dc4ba.gif
4. ...or not!

2980831_zps74b92880.gif2980885_zps62ea3653.gif

2980907_zpsfaf2c1bb.gif
"You are so dead. Just wait."5. Next rule
2980931_zps73bfa375.gif"Failure is not an option. Don't forget you are the sun of your people!"

2981076_zpsf0cb929e.gif
6. Make your Daddy proud

2983028_zps51fce46b.gif

7. Vow the Crowd 2981091_zps23825d0e.gif
(I looked exactly like them while watching this scene. Hell, I look everytime like that watching it!)8. Don't let the old geezers let you down.

2981100_zps7efa7b2f.gif

9. Be smart! Improvise!2981119_zps8ffd4596.gif
10. But most of all - ENJOY THE GAME!2981115_zps8effc8ef.gif

After watching the drama with English Subs, I know for sure this is going to be my next favorite saeguk, next to "Jumong". Every scene is executed almost to perfection.  Who cares about ratings?  What matters most is I'm enjoying the drama.  I also love the other characters, even the children. They resemble their adult personas.
What I like in this drama is that as early as the first episode, we are already given an insight of what is happening or we'll be happening in the succeeding episodes. Relationships and connections among the characters have been presented so as not to confuse the viewers.  I'm irked by dramas wherein I have to figure out answers to so many questions at the start and only find the answers at almost in the near end of the story. Sometimes, the scriptwriter even fails to answer some questions or clear issues in the drama.

Guest uburoi

Yeah, as a viewer I don't care for the ratings. I either like a drama or not. But since this drama is actually good, it would be nice if the ratings would mirror all the effort SBS, the cast and crew put into it.

Guest meguri

So it's  already subbed??
Yeay!!!!!
I can't wait to watch ep.1 with engsub....

And why the ratings down???
It's definitely because people wanna seeing the adults more than the child...
But actually I'm so proud of you, child...
[Yeah, maybe not same as my love to Yeo Ji Goo, Kim So Hyun, Kim Yu Jung] but as the rookie, you
already able made me cry although I'm watching without sub^^

Good Job!!!!

Guest uburoi

Episode 1 screen captures

http://www.hancinema.net/spoiler-added-episode-1-captures-for-the-korean-drama-jang-ok-jeong--54784.html

Posted this on the Cruel Palace thread and thought it might be useful here also :)

Ranking of women in the palace.

ROYALTY
1. Queens
Queen Dowager (Daebi)
Queen Consort (Wangbi)

2. ne-gwan (Royal Concubines)
Royal Noble Consorts 1-4 *4 levels with 2 steps per level.
1a. Bin (comes with a prefix like Jang Hee (Radiant) Bin
1b. Gui-in
2a. So-ui
2b. Sook-ui
3a. So-yeong
3b. Sook-yeong
4a. So-won
4b. Sook-won

NOT ROYAL
3. kung-gwan (Court ladies)
* rank 5-9, each rank could have more than one title.
5a. Sang-gung** (Concubine of the Sang-gung Rank) – a court lady that sleeps with the king.
5a. Sang-gung, Sang-ui - Head Court Ladies
5b. Sang-bok, Sang-shik
6a. Sang-chim, Sang-kong
6b. Sang-chong, Sang-gi
7a. Chon-bin, Chon-ui, Chon-son
7b. Chon-sol, Chon-che, Chon-on
8a. Chon-chan, Chon-shik, Chon-yak
8b. Chon-dung, Chon-che, Chon-cong
9a. Chu-gung, Chu-sang, Chu-gak
9b. Chu-byon-chi, Chu-chi, Chu-oo, Chu-byon-gung

ne-myeongbu – palace ladies, with no rank

A woman would rise through the ranks as she found favor with the king, had a child etc. Queen Consorts however, were chosen by a special selection process, usually when the King was a crown prince. If the original queen dies, a new selection or promotion of one of the current women would be done. However, King Sukjong later passed an edict that Noble Consorts couldn't be Queen.

All ladies in the palace belong to the King and are not allowed to leave the palace, without permission. They were off limits to other men. Those who don't find favor, or rise in ranks in their work department stayed in the palace their whole lives and could be released with age, sickness, or mental illness.

Just watched ep1 again with sub, it's interesting how LS is looking for someone at least suit his taste to marry. At this point he doesn't believe he can do that for love anymore. IH was born and raised for the purpose of becoming queen, she's mentally prepared, it doesn't matter she has never met or whether is in love with the king. I remember in 1 preview, LS said how he can't live his life with the woman in his mind right now (aka JOJ) probably because of her situation and background. On other hand, IH is like the perfect match and LS can see it too. Imo, IH is not entirely bad, she's just manipulated, but she's not the main evil here. That why LS married her at first even though he hates her father most. I'd like to see how it's executed. Making IH queen and JOJ concubine who is his otp, in this version. 

@DJG thank you so much for explaining. I have to say, being anything but queen or a consort constantly in the kings view would have to suck. Much better to have a home and family of ones own. So unless he though his daughter would catch the kings eye, I don't see why Jang Hyun would send his child to be a palace maid.

Archived